Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,119 members, 7,814,922 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 11:33 PM

Buhari's Political Naivity Cost Him This Election - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari's Political Naivity Cost Him This Election (644 Views)

The Petition To Buhari & EFCC Against Amaechi, That May Cost Him Appointments / 18 States Where Jonathan Might Lose This Election - Adedayo Ademuwagun / Chronology Of Buhari's Political Career &His Running Mates 2003, 2007, 2011,2015 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari's Political Naivity Cost Him This Election by Afam4eva(m): 1:06pm On Apr 19, 2011
I Must say that Buhari's greatest undoing in this election is his unwillingness to compromise. He saw that he already had a strong hold in the north and that Goodluck Jonathan was favoured to win the south east and south south. The best he could have done was to pick a popular vice presidential candidate from either the south-east or south-south. Instead, he chose to pitch his tent with a south-west VP. An unpopular one at that. If he had chosen someone like Tinubu for example, he would have done better. He should understand that you have to learn to compromise in poiltics. This is not peculiar to Nigeria alone but every part of the world.

He should just accept defeat and move one. There's not way he could have gotten up to 10% of the votes in the south-south and south-east where his party had little or no structures. Unlike Jonathan that campaigned in every state of the south-east. He only campaigned in Owerri.
Re: Buhari's Political Naivity Cost Him This Election by violent(m): 1:09pm On Apr 19, 2011
Political Naivity? dude, he's a General!
Re: Buhari's Political Naivity Cost Him This Election by Afam4eva(m): 1:12pm On Apr 19, 2011
violent:

Political Naivity? dude, he's a General!

So what;s the correlation between a General and Politician.
Re: Buhari's Political Naivity Cost Him This Election by Kobojunkie: 1:12pm On Apr 19, 2011
Political Naivety . . . . A 4-star general?? ?  shocked shocked shocked shocked What the heck?? The nerves on some people   . . . . ROFLMAO!!!

Re: Buhari's Political Naivity Cost Him This Election by redsun(m): 1:17pm On Apr 19, 2011
Burahari failed in my view for accepting the rogue abacha as a patriot.It killed all i think he believes in that is right.
Re: Buhari's Political Naivity Cost Him This Election by Afam4eva(m): 1:19pm On Apr 19, 2011
redsun:

Burahari failed in my view for accepting the rogue abacha as a patriot.It killed all i think he believes in that is right.

I don't subscribe to that. How many of the electorate even thought that Buhari held the view that Abacha was not corrupt.
Re: Buhari's Political Naivity Cost Him This Election by redsun(m): 1:24pm On Apr 19, 2011
afam4eva:

I don't subscribe to that. How many of the electorate even thought that Buhari held the view that Abacha was not corrupt.

I repeat,my view.
Re: Buhari's Political Naivity Cost Him This Election by Afam4eva(m): 1:25pm On Apr 19, 2011
redsun:

I repeat,my view.

and i gave my own view.
Re: Buhari's Political Naivity Cost Him This Election by redsun(m): 1:30pm On Apr 19, 2011
afam4eva:

and i gave my own view.

You didn't give your own view,you tried to counter my view.I am not representing nigerian electorate or what they think,i am representing rationality,common sense.
Re: Buhari's Political Naivity Cost Him This Election by Afam4eva(m): 1:32pm On Apr 19, 2011
redsun:

You didn't give your own view,you tried to counter my view.I am representing nigerian electorate or what they think,i am representing rationality,common sense.

Are you for real? How can you represent the Nigerian electorate. Who made you their mouth piece. What you represent is very far from rationality and popular logic.
Re: Buhari's Political Naivity Cost Him This Election by redsun(m): 1:37pm On Apr 19, 2011
afam4eva:

Are you for real? How can you represent the Nigerian electorate. Who made you their mouth piece. What you represent is very far from rationality and popular logic.

I wonder what your idea of rationality and logic are when you are on the same ideological level with rogue jonathan and the destroyers of nigeria?Whatever they are,they won't make sense to me,so don't even bother to explain
Re: Buhari's Political Naivity Cost Him This Election by seanet02: 3:19pm On Apr 19, 2011
Nonsensical Reasoning!!
Re: Buhari's Political Naivity Cost Him This Election by Nobody: 3:35pm On Apr 19, 2011
General Buhari remains a winner. He remains his own man. He looked at the rot in the system and shed tears. The tears were not for General Buhari; he is not known to be voracious. We have voted for a continuation of the PDP agenda; meaning that we are satisfied with the system. The General should go and enjoy his retirement. Jesus was derided and depicted as a power hungry, uncouth individual who wanted to destroy the sytem in order  to build His own kingdom. He was tried, convicted, sentenced and executed and today we still pray for His kingdom to come. I am not trying to compare Buhari with Jesus, I am only drawing attention to how human perception could be shaped and how individuals could think with their hearts.
My fear is that the soldier in Buhari may not allow him to condemn the riots in the North and that will be unfortunate because the General will lose (my) respect.
Re: Buhari's Political Naivity Cost Him This Election by Afam4eva(m): 6:21pm On Apr 19, 2011
hmmm

(1) (Reply)

Jonathan's Win Good For Nigeria's Economy: "cpc Protests Inconsequential" / Ribadu-atiku-fail-to-vote-in-adamawa / Terrible Fuel Scarcity In Abuja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.