Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,770 members, 7,817,130 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:44 AM

Why Do People Sleep In Church? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Do People Sleep In Church? (567 Views)

Muslim Allows Pastor Sleep In A Mosque As Christians Refused Him Accommodation / Why Do You Always Sleep In Church? / Youths Chase Away Preacher For Disturbing Their Sleep In Alagbado, Lagos (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do People Sleep In Church? by mrbenjame: 6:32pm On Apr 11, 2021
Have you ever wondered why people dress to church only to end up sleeping during sermon? I won’t say I’ve not done it before. But as an instrumentalist it’s very rare I fall asleep because my hands are busy. So for you, have you experienced it? If so, what’s the cause?
Re: Why Do People Sleep In Church? by Bornsinner7: 6:34pm On Apr 11, 2021
It's my father's house
Re: Why Do People Sleep In Church? by Kriss216: 6:35pm On Apr 11, 2021
Is it now a crime or sin for people to sleep in their father's house
Re: Why Do People Sleep In Church? by XXXXTENTACION: 6:44pm On Apr 11, 2021
Somebody cannot sleep in his father's house again
Re: Why Do People Sleep In Church? by Matheusmartin: 6:50pm On Apr 11, 2021
Boring sermons..

Repetitive sermons..

Long sermons..

Na my papa house..
Re: Why Do People Sleep In Church? by Nobody: 6:52pm On Apr 11, 2021
Theyve received a demonic knock on the head. It called Spirit of buying and selling.

It usually happens when the demon's see you're about to receive a word that will activate your blessings and usher in your breakthrough. So the devil uses it to rob people of their blessings.

1 Like

Re: Why Do People Sleep In Church? by Kobojunkiee: 6:57pm On Apr 11, 2021
AsherAmari:
Theyve received a demonic knock on the head. It called Spirit of buying and selling.

It usually happens when the demon's see you're about to receive a word that will activate your blessings and usher in your breakthrough. So the devil uses it to rob people of their blessings.

Bullcrap! Obviously they are simply tired or bored out of their mind is why! Jeez! undecided
Re: Why Do People Sleep In Church? by Kobojunkiee: 6:58pm On Apr 11, 2021
Matheusmartin:
Boring sermons..
Repetitive sermons..
Long sermons..
Na my papa house..
ugh! Boring Seminars too.... undecided
Re: Why Do People Sleep In Church? by Kobojunkiee: 6:58pm On Apr 11, 2021
XXXXTENTACION:
Excellent question! grin grin wink grin cheesy grin grin cheesy grin
Re: Why Do People Sleep In Church? by Kobojunkiee: 6:59pm On Apr 11, 2021
Bornsinner7:
It's my father's house
Na your papa be pastor? undecided
Re: Why Do People Sleep In Church? by Kobojunkiee: 7:00pm On Apr 11, 2021
Kriss216:
the pastor is your father? shocked
Re: Why Do People Sleep In Church? by Nobody: 7:02pm On Apr 11, 2021
Kobojunkiee:
Bullcrap! Obviously they are simply tired or bored out of their mind is why! Jeez! undecided

Kobojunkie, America is not NIgeria lol... tongue.

American demons are taking it easy with you guys that's why you don't believe they can give you a knock. Come to naija. You'll know how far. lol..
Re: Why Do People Sleep In Church? by etrange: 7:05pm On Apr 11, 2021
The first three people to comment are struggling to share a joke not originated by any of them. Lol

OP, asides from the normal night sleep, people normally sleep when they aren't active for long, when the environmental is very conducive, when their normal sleeping time is cut short, when they are just stressed/tired, etc. So if someone is sleeping during church service, it could be because of any of these things. Maybe they woke up unusually early to attend the service or the sermon is taking too long or they had a hectic day/night or the A.C is just too good compared to their standing fans at home. I don't subscribe to the idea of demons playing around inside the church.
Re: Why Do People Sleep In Church? by Kobojunkiee: 7:09pm On Apr 11, 2021
AsherAmari:

Kobojunkie, America is not NIgeria lol... tongue.

American demons are taking it easy with you guys that's why you don't believe they can give you a knock. Come to naija. You'll know how far. lol..
Most Demons come from your belief in them. undecided

I grew up in that same Nigeria myself and there were no talk of demons until religious people began pointing to demons everywhere they looked. undecided

When Jesus Christ walked the earth, demons were not see everywhere. undecided
Re: Why Do People Sleep In Church? by Nobody: 7:15pm On Apr 11, 2021
Kobojunkiee:
Most Demons come from your belief in them. undecided

I grew up in that same Nigeria myself and there were no talk of demons until religious people began pointing to demons everywhere they looked. undecided

When Jesus Christ walked the earth, demons were not see everywhere. :-\

What of the demon Jesus cast out of the boy with the dumb Spirit?

What of the ones that were cast into the swine?
Keep twisting the Bible to suit your arguments.
Re: Why Do People Sleep In Church? by lilvicky68(m): 7:19pm On Apr 11, 2021
AsherAmari:

You get time to argue oh..
Re: Why Do People Sleep In Church? by Nobody: 7:20pm On Apr 11, 2021
lilvicky68:

You get time to argue oh..
grin
Re: Why Do People Sleep In Church? by Kobojunkiee: 7:21pm On Apr 11, 2021
AsherAmari:

This is very sad! undecided

Like I said, demons were not everywhere even during the time of Jesus Christ. undecided

You religious folks see demons everywhere you look. Some even pretend there is at least a demon in every one that does not agree with them. It Is sickening and sad to see a human mind plunged up with lies and delusions that have no bearing on even reality. undecided.
Re: Why Do People Sleep In Church? by Nobody: 7:25pm On Apr 11, 2021
Kobojunkiee:
This is very sad! undecided

Like I said, demons were not everywhere even during the time of Jesus Christ. undecided

You religious folks see demons everywhere you look. Some even pretend there is at least a demon in every one that does not agree with them. It Is sickening and sad to see a human mind plunged up with lies and delusions that have no bearing on even reality. undecided.

What's sad?

You haven't answered my question.
Re: Why Do People Sleep In Church? by Kobojunkiee: 7:44pm On Apr 11, 2021
AsherAmari:

What's sad?
You haven't answered my question.
What is sad is you continue to trade the Truth of Jesus Christ for the lies of religion without even realizing it. undecided

That you read of a handful of cases from the teachings of Jesus Christ does not give you or anyone license to assume that demons are then every where you look. And you have to bear in mind that Jesus Christ sought ought the sick and possessed of His time... He went looking for them -the sick, possessed, the crippled, lame, etc. -they were not found everywhere in Jewish society since they were mostly left to live outside of the main population back during that time and this according to Old Covenant rules. undecided

Stop lying to yourself about reality and stop letting men deceive you with their lies which have nothing to do with Jesus Christ or what He teaches. Demons are not every where neither are they to blame for the actions of men. undecided
Re: Why Do People Sleep In Church? by Nobody: 7:57pm On Apr 11, 2021
Kobojunkiee:
What is sad is you continue to trade the Truth of Jesus Christ for the lies of religion without even realizing it. undecided

That you read of a handful of cases from the teachings of Jesus Christ does not give you or anyone license to assume that demons are then every where you look. And you have to bear in mind that Jesus Christ sought ought the sick and possessed of His time... He went looking for them -the sick, possessed, the crippled, lame, etc. -they were not found everywhere in Jewish society since they were mostly left to live outside of the main population back during that time and this according to Old Covenant rules. undecided

Stop lying to yourself about reality and stop letting men deceive you with their lies which have nothing to do with Jesus Christ or what He teaches. Demons are not every where neither are they to blame for the actions of men. undecided

Ok.
Re: Why Do People Sleep In Church? by Kobojunkiee: 8:06pm On Apr 11, 2021
AsherAmari:

Ok.
The vast majority of people will live and die never ever actually experiencing any demons or the supernatural. Instead what will haunt them will be the delusions they have submitted their minds to through the imbibing and following of lies told them by their fellow men. undecided

Just over a year ago, a vast number of Nigerians were manipulated by the lies told them by their Mogs that Coronavirus had to do with 5G technology in some way. You saw here and saw the frenzy that lie crested pitching minds against the Truth that has been available since even before the lie started. A year later, there are still many who struggle to peel the damage done by those lies from their minds...that is how lies work. They distort your very perception of reality even if by just a smidge. undecided

Jesus Christ told a parable about the Kingdom of God to help explain it too. He compared the Kingdom to yeast that a woman took and folded into a batch of flour. The yeast eventually leaves the entire batch of flour. undecided

If the yeast(teaching) is the Truth of God, then the entire batch becomes Truth and is readied for Heaven. If the yeast is instead the doctrines and traditions of men(lies), then the entire batch becomes all lies and readied for Hell. undecided

P.S. Heaven and Hell are both kingdoms in the Kingdom of God.
Re: Why Do People Sleep In Church? by Nobody: 8:14pm On Apr 11, 2021
Kobojunkiee:
The vast majority of people will live and die never ever actually experiencing any demons or the supernatural. Instead what will haunt them will be the delusions they have submitted their minds to through the imbibing and following of lies told them by their fellow men. undecided

Just over a year ago, a vast number of Nigerians were manipulated by the lies told them by their Mogs that Coronavirus had to do with 5G technology in some way. You saw here and saw the frenzy that lie crested pitching minds against the Truth that has been available since even before the lie started. A year later, there are still many who struggle to peel the damage done by those lies from their minds...that is how lies work. They distort your very perception of reality even if by just a smidge. undecided

Jesus Christ told a parable about the Kingdom of God to help explain it too. He compared the Kingdom to yeast that a woman took and folded into a batch of flour. The yeast eventually leaves the entire batch of flour. undecided

If the yeast(teaching) is the Truth of God, then the entire batch becomes Truth and is readied for Heaven. If the yeast is instead the doctrines and traditions of men(lies), then the entire batch becomes all lies and readied for Hell. undecided

P.S. Heaven and Hell are both kingdoms in the Kingdom of God.

Mmm...
Re: Why Do People Sleep In Church? by Matheusmartin: 8:17pm On Apr 11, 2021
Kobojunkiee:
ugh! Boring Seminars too.... undecided

Some sermons can be very boring
Re: Why Do People Sleep In Church? by Kobojunkiee: 8:25pm On Apr 11, 2021
Matheusmartin:
Some sermons can be very boring
They all bore me .

1 Like

Re: Why Do People Sleep In Church? by LisaAnneMia: 8:34pm On Apr 11, 2021
Bornsinner7:
It's my father's house
Kriss216:
XXXXTENTACION:
cheesy

Re: Why Do People Sleep In Church? by mrbenjame: 5:33am On Apr 12, 2021
I can attest that the sermon is boring

(1) (Reply)

Thousands Of Idols Abandoned On India's Streets Due To Covid-19 Disaster / Breaking: Scoan Evangelists Open Up About Tb Joshua / See Reasons Why God Is Taking Too Long To Come To Earth

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.