Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,294 members, 7,811,884 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 10:13 PM

Why Do You Always Sleep In Church? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Do You Always Sleep In Church? (22189 Views)

Muslim Allows Pastor Sleep In A Mosque As Christians Refused Him Accommodation / Youths Chase Away Preacher For Disturbing Their Sleep In Alagbado, Lagos (Video) / Why Do You Sleep In Church Even With The Loud Speakers? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do You Always Sleep In Church? by Wainey: 8:53am On Sep 10, 2023
As for me, I just don't know, I just feel sleepy whenever my legs get to church

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Do You Always Sleep In Church? by TemplarLandry: 8:54am On Sep 10, 2023
There's an evil spirit behind it. For we are not ignorant of the devices of the enemy.
Wainey:

38 Likes

Re: Why Do You Always Sleep In Church? by Blueace247(f): 8:56am On Sep 10, 2023
You have been bewitched..lol

Depending on your weekly activities

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Do You Always Sleep In Church? by malvisguy212: 9:39am On Sep 10, 2023
if you find yourself sleeping in church, then your spiritual life with God is not genuine....some may not be sleeping in church, but their minds is switched off.....some may argue , when the preacher is too slow in speaking. but pastor kumuyi of deeper life is slow in speaking but interesting to listen too.

42 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Why Do You Always Sleep In Church? by tommy589(m): 10:05am On Sep 10, 2023
I don't know grin but will sit hours watching movies without feeling drowsy. Though I am not a regular church goer

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do You Always Sleep In Church? by tunjijones(m): 10:06am On Sep 10, 2023
Cos it's boring

38 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Do You Always Sleep In Church? by Azazyel: 10:06am On Sep 10, 2023
Honestly the thing baffles me. Everytime I enter church, I feel sleepy

5 Likes

Re: Why Do You Always Sleep In Church? by id4sho(m): 10:06am On Sep 10, 2023
Hunger undecided

4 Likes

Re: Why Do You Always Sleep In Church? by seandurse(m): 10:06am On Sep 10, 2023
Tiredness and boredom plus your body and soul know that's not where you're suppose to be, you're just forcing it on them

33 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Do You Always Sleep In Church? by Wisereborn: 10:06am On Sep 10, 2023
Wainey:
You sleep because you don't know the reason why you are there in the first place undecided

You just dey go church because others are going!!!

32 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do You Always Sleep In Church? by garriAndsugar: 10:07am On Sep 10, 2023
when the sermon is too long what do you expect

7 Likes

Re: Why Do You Always Sleep In Church? by benuejosh: 10:07am On Sep 10, 2023
When the mind and your spirit is not connected or eager to hear what God has to say then sleep comes through which is a deception. That's why it is good for you in some cases to always pray before the word to open your mind, heart, spirit and soul so as to be attentive and ready to hear from God.

6 Likes

Re: Why Do You Always Sleep In Church? by Zonefree(m): 10:07am On Sep 10, 2023
benuejosh:
When the mind and ypur spirit is not connected or eager to hear what God has to say then sleep comes through.
So, what's wrong in sleeping in my Father's house undecided

37 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Do You Always Sleep In Church? by Angelfrost(m): 10:07am On Sep 10, 2023
Why do people sleep at all?!!

Simple! They are tired, bored, or both... *Yawns while typing*.

The Location of the sleep is kinda irrelevant to the body's pressing need to snooze!

Same reason our Presidents sleep during international conferences, and the only senators that stay awake during their idiotic sessions are those not speaking or arguing aimlessly. tongue

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Do You Always Sleep In Church? by geoworldedu: 10:07am On Sep 10, 2023
Boredom, repeating same story every time.
Who doesn't know what the pastors want to say? Nothing new.

7 Likes

Re: Why Do You Always Sleep In Church? by lordm(m): 10:08am On Sep 10, 2023
Hmm
Re: Why Do You Always Sleep In Church? by itubaba001: 10:08am On Sep 10, 2023
Because am not actively involved in any department, rather a church attendance.

3 Likes

Re: Why Do You Always Sleep In Church? by foleskay(m): 10:09am On Sep 10, 2023
Either when d sermon is boring or when the fan is blowing cold. I dey doze off wella. most people sleep off when d sermon is going on. Atimes sermon is not needed every Sunday. Just let's pray, pay offering and tithes,sing and dance unto the Lord,then d grace and we depart. Its not every Sunday pastors preach the usual Christ is coming or repent from sins. We've been hearing such from donkey years.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do You Always Sleep In Church? by Wizardslayer: 10:09am On Sep 10, 2023
It happens to me alot, I've tried to stop it to no avail.

Though I think it's due to the environment and over relaxation in the church.
Re: Why Do You Always Sleep In Church? by Johnchrix(m): 10:09am On Sep 10, 2023
There are a few possible reasons why someone might sleep in church. For some people, church services can be long and boring, and they may simply find themselves dozing off. Others may be tired from a long week or a lack of sleep the night before, and may not be able to stay awake. Some people may also choose to sleep in church as a way to disconnect from the world and focus on prayer and meditation. In some cultures, it is also common to take naps during the day, and this may include during church services.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do You Always Sleep In Church? by dododawa1: 10:09am On Sep 10, 2023
Only preaching nowadays is
MONEY
Both in church and mosque

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do You Always Sleep In Church? by efeteb: 10:10am On Sep 10, 2023
grin sad
Re: Why Do You Always Sleep In Church? by benuejosh: 10:10am On Sep 10, 2023
Zonefree:

So, what's wrong in sleeping in my Father's house undecided
you should sleep at home. Was it sleep that brought you to his house?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do You Always Sleep In Church? by Justiceleague1: 10:11am On Sep 10, 2023
Forces are definitely behind it...like a smoke they blow...and that sleep seems so sweet..
Holy ghost fire destroy them...I hate when it happens to me and some usher walks up to ya and wakes you up,oh mehnnn!!

Tip: if you feel sleepy in church,feel free to stand up and move to a corner without causing distractions..be on your feet till the sleep leaves.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do You Always Sleep In Church? by illicit(m): 10:11am On Sep 10, 2023
When u sit for a long period of time

It's not unnatural to get sleepy

Whether at church, in the bus, in a reception etc

4 Likes

Re: Why Do You Always Sleep In Church? by Lexusgs430: 10:12am On Sep 10, 2023
You're relaxed in the presence of your lord .....πŸ€£πŸ˜‚

3 Likes

Re: Why Do You Always Sleep In Church? by Truefaith: 10:12am On Sep 10, 2023
bnh
Re: Why Do You Always Sleep In Church? by Lama70(m): 10:12am On Sep 10, 2023
garriAndsugar:
when the sermon is too long what do you expect

Lol. Reminds one of the recent PETPT sitting where almost all present were sleeping.

4 Likes

Re: Why Do You Always Sleep In Church? by marvellous2222: 10:13am On Sep 10, 2023
That's one of the trap of the devil, so that he can divert your attention or focus to other side and hindering you from getting the best
Re: Why Do You Always Sleep In Church? by pol23: 10:13am On Sep 10, 2023
Boredom.
Especially when the preacher can’t relate the Bible to the current happenings around us.
If we just talking about Ezekiel and Isaac… it might be boring.
Aspire to desire kind of church is fun, but I hate them.
I believe they’re con men.

1 Like

Re: Why Do You Always Sleep In Church? by Shantyken(m): 10:13am On Sep 10, 2023
When the teaching is boring

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

How Can A Christian Friend Who Still Masturbates Come Out Of It? ( Please Help ) / 2019: "Buhari Will Use, Dump Tinubu, God Wants Saraki" – Primate Ayodele / Woman Worshiping God Without Hands And Legs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.