Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,465 members, 7,819,696 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:13 PM

Awesome Memory! - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Awesome Memory! (1174 Views)

If You Didn't Do These As A Child, Then Your Childhood Wasn't Awesome(pictures). / If You Played This In Your Childhood Then Your Childhoold Was Awesome (pic) / 15 Awesome Things About Having A Baby/parenting (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Awesome Memory! by IgadtSwag(m): 1:14pm On Apr 19, 2011
Sup Peeps! Ran into an old friend today n we got talking about past escapades.Funny how I could remember to very intimate details thiings that happened so long ago.After her compliments on my sound memory,which ofcourse I always knew I had grin,I got thinking,"How far back can I remember?".and then it hit me, I was three yrs old when my Mama had ma younger brother and I still recall in vivid details the day she was brought back home.

So peeps,whats your longest,oldest memory? It could be on anything mind u,culd be stuffs u did at d back of the class in kindergaten or u know,naughty stuff u did when little!
Re: Awesome Memory! by Abbycrown(f): 2:13pm On Apr 19, 2011
I was in Nursery 2. I remember some bully boys in my class kicking my pap(my favourite then) bowl.
Re: Awesome Memory! by IgadtSwag(m): 2:16pm On Apr 19, 2011
Ooops! I can imagine! Hw Old were you then?
Re: Awesome Memory! by Abbycrown(f): 2:34pm On Apr 19, 2011
I should be 5.
Re: Awesome Memory! by Nobody: 2:38pm On Apr 19, 2011
I have memories from when i was 7 i think.
Re: Awesome Memory! by Nobody: 3:09pm On Apr 19, 2011
I have a lousy memory . . . embarassed embarassed

My whole primary education is in a blur . . . I can barely remember my J.S.S 1! embarassed embarassed
Re: Awesome Memory! by babyme1(f): 3:23pm On Apr 19, 2011
I remember when i was conceived grin
Re: Awesome Memory! by Ishilove: 5:30pm On Apr 19, 2011
My earliest memory is sitting side by side with my elder sister in our old house in Orile. We were sitting on a bench in what must have being the front of the compound,and my hands were folded in my sister's hands. Our landlord,a wizened old man wearing a long white gown was swallowing mountain sized balls of eba with Ogbono soup. As i watched in wide-eyed fascination as the gargantuan balls made its way down the man's gullet,my sis leaned over and whispered in my ears "he is eating eba with ants in his soup" I was totally horrified. ANTS?! "Why?" i demanded to know. "there's no meat in the soup that's why he's eatin ants" she replied.
Lookin back decades later iv realised the so-called ants were probably tiny fishbones floatin in the soup,but back then who was i to question my big sister's great 5yr old wisdom? I musta being bout 3 or 4yrs then. I realy don't know why that incident is indelibly etched in my memory 'cos even my sis dose'nt remember it. LOL
Re: Awesome Memory! by Nobody: 5:38pm On Apr 19, 2011
^^nice one.

As i watched in wide-eyed fascination as the gargantuan balls made its way down the man's gullet

priceless. cheesy
Re: Awesome Memory! by pslm23(f): 6:04pm On Apr 19, 2011
My memory goes as far back as when i was 6 or 7. We lived in Kano then and my mum used to take my sisters and I every Sunday to the barracks to get our hair "plaited". What makes this memory stand out is the torture we had to endure when these barrack women would make us sit on the floor with our heads buried in their nasty smelly wrappers (nose first) so they could get to the back of our head to "plait". Our faces were mere inches from their crotch.  angry  No child should ever endure the smelliness we had to endure.   cry
Re: Awesome Memory! by ifyalways(f): 6:23pm On Apr 19, 2011
pslm23:

My memory goes as far back as when i was 6 or 7. We lived in Kano then and my mum used to take my sisters and I every Sunday to the barracks to get our hair "plaited". What makes this memory stand out is the torture we had to endure when these barrack women would make us sit on the floor with our heads buried in their nasty smelly wrappers (nose first) so they could get to the back of our head to "plait". Our faces were mere inches from their crotch.  angry  No child should ever endure the smelliness we had to endure.   cry
ROFL
Re: Awesome Memory! by armyofone(m): 6:55pm On Apr 19, 2011
i have mine itched somewhere in my brain. it was my first day in school and my mom just dropped me off and left. i was crying so badly and at the same time wanted to use the toilet. the teacher didn't allow me leave the class thinking i wanted to follow my mom. next thing was having a diarrhea/watery stool all over me. the teacher sent me home grin i think i was 4. i always remember the incident, sweet memory. . . i went home and was happy to go play with my baby rubber even though mom was shouting from upstairs grin
Re: Awesome Memory! by Nobody: 7:04pm On Apr 19, 2011
i think @ 7 or so i asked a teacher who had seized my storybook, "can i have my book back" and she went bananas on me. Said i was being rude.

i was so afraid she would cane me like i'd seen her do to other kids, but for some reason, all she did was give me the evil eye then yell for some minutes. She might have made me kneel down as well- cant really remember.

and this lady used to be my favorite teacher and vice versa o. lipsrsealed

she was pregnant at the time, i think, so maybe that was why.

hormones.
Re: Awesome Memory! by pslm23(f): 7:29pm On Apr 19, 2011
tpiah!:
She might have made me kneel down as well- cant really remember.

grin grin grin did u ever have to do "frog jump" or "pick pin" as punishment in primary school?  grin grin grin I was subjected to all the punishments you can think of. The worst was pick pin. I'm glad I did all the frog jump I did. When i look at how toned my thighs are despite any weight gain, I thank "frog jumps"  grin grin
children of these days don't know how good they have it! Tell a child to do frog jump in this millenium and u'll be labeled a child abuser and devil!
Re: Awesome Memory! by XFio(m): 7:30pm On Apr 19, 2011
I gotta a cool memo

High school, 2 girls, couldn't pick which one 2 date, I dated both of them at the same time, got caught making out with one of them
Damn, the amount of slaps I got that day,  sad
Re: Awesome Memory! by Blazay(m): 7:31pm On Apr 19, 2011
Forging ma report card to reflect Ist instead of last with a 45% total score! cool

Oh, neva mind.

Look at moi now. . . let us just say my brain could never grow in the Nigerian environment. cool
Re: Awesome Memory! by Nobody: 7:33pm On Apr 19, 2011
When i look at how toned my thighs are despite any weight gain, I thank "frog jumps"

lol.

it didnt seem like exercise at the time.

i think i might have done that as part of general punishment ie when everybody was in trouble, but for some reason my memory is foggy in that area.

but i do remember learning the multiplication table by force. The class before me had gory tales of the teacher having a ruler handy to rap anybody who missed an answer on the daily oral pop quiz session. And i actually saw him at it, lol.

Lots of sore knuckles but luckily for my set, we didnt have that same teacher, though i still got it into my head anyway.
Re: Awesome Memory! by armyofone(m): 7:42pm On Apr 19, 2011
lol, esp if they do the cummulative score abi wetin dem call am again sef Overall, getting 64th was a good thing. look at me now kiss kiss in the position of leadership and on the way to making real cool money  grin

Blazay:

Forging ma report card to reflect Ist instead of last with a 45% total score! cool

Oh, neva mind.

Look at moi now. . . let us just say my brain could never grow in the Nigerian environment. cool
Re: Awesome Memory! by Nekai(f): 8:52pm On Apr 19, 2011
I can remember back to 18 months when they first put my little sister in the same crib to hang out for a few minutes. She must have been about 4 months old because she wasn't sitting by herself yet.
Re: Awesome Memory! by IgadtSwag(m): 10:17pm On Apr 19, 2011
@baby mi
I bet u also rmbr when u swam out of Dada n ran into Mama to hide for 9months! grin grin

Let's meet up on yahoo aiit?

@ishilove
Dats some detailed ish u av der!

@Pslms
Oops! LMFAO grin
Re: Awesome Memory! by IgadtSwag(m): 10:21pm On Apr 19, 2011
@baby mi
I bet u also rmbr when u swam out of Dada n ran into Mama to hide for 9months! grin grin

Let's meet up on yahoo aiit?

@ishilove
Dats some detailed ish u av der!

@Pslms
Oops! LMFAO  grin
Re: Awesome Memory! by dayokanu(m): 11:07pm On Apr 19, 2011
I remember when I was lik 4-5yrs at my 2nd sisters naming I remember all her names, my other sister soiled her clothes by sitting in a pool of engine oil.

Also later that year when my dad had his MSc graduation from UI and we went there, I insisted on being in all the photos.

Later at night my dads friend were drinking and I joined them got drunk on palmwine. I saw the pictures much later.

armyofone:

lol, esp if they do the cummulative score abi wetin dem call am again sef Overall, getting 64th was a good thing. look at me now kiss kiss in the position of leadership and on the way to making real cool money grin

Yeah and we would spend it together
Re: Awesome Memory! by Nobody: 2:19am On Apr 20, 2011
pslm23:

Lol. I understand your plight, mine was in Lagos though. Ironically, my mum was a hairdresser had her own salon with workers o, but she would not do our hair but send us to those old women. The wrapper can smell, chineke. cheesy She said she doesn't have patience for kids hair and on weekends the salon's always jam-packed, so no space for us. grin

Anyway I think my farthest memory was when I was in nursery 2 and I used to write the number 3 from top to bottom of the page, so my book was filled with 3s that look like strings. cheesy So I would be like 3yrs or thereabout.

I remember when I got lost at Federal Palace Hotel at 4yrs. Funniest thing was that nobody knew I don mis-waka until they were already seated and about eating. angry I trust myself I started crying, until some kind people asked me why was I crying. I said I'm looking for my mummy. cheesy Fortunately they were doing a party on one side, that is how they carried me there, then the master of ceremony spoke into the mic, 'there's a missing girl here'. That's how I was found o. cheesy grin

1 Like

Re: Awesome Memory! by Lovemee(f): 12:56pm On Apr 20, 2011
i remmba whn i was abt 4 yrs or so.  back in the village sha.  i remmba being in the middle of this two of our uncles fighting.  i sighted my mum from a distance and she was expressing this kind of feelings (though she was talking but i just could not make out what she was saying, because of the noise everywhere).  But it was something like this:  if i catch you there eeehnnn, u will explain to me what a little child like you is doing in the midst of two adults fighting.  I needed no fortune teller to tell me wht awaited me that day.  And off I ran before one blow or a hand would drag my little head out of the wrestling ground grin.  hahahhaaa, each time i rmmba this i see the face of my mother then. horrified look shocked shocked
Re: Awesome Memory! by armyofone(m): 3:57pm On Apr 20, 2011
stinking crotch, hidden dragon grin grin grin grin

pslm23:

My memory goes as far back as when i was 6 or 7. We lived in Kano then and my mum used to take my sisters and I every Sunday to the barracks to get our hair "plaited". What makes this memory stand out is the torture we had to endure when these barrack women would make us sit on the floor with our heads buried in their nasty smelly wrappers (nose first) so they could get to the back of our head to "plait". Our faces were mere inches from their crotch. angry No child should ever endure the smelliness we had to endure. cry

acid attack grin
Re: Awesome Memory! by IgadtSwag(m): 9:03pm On Jun 29, 2015
Wow! 4years on.

Lol, I'm sure all those that posted here have had very significant changes in their lives from the time of post to this moment.

Funny thing is, I rmbr doing this post. I rmbr reading all the replies and my physical reactions to them.

Time lapse!

(1) (Reply)

Am Too Months Into Marital Life Today,what Internet Has Brought 2geda / No Marry If U No Get Money O! / Can I Marry This Year?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.