Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,090 members, 7,953,320 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 02:06 PM

Troops Repel Bokoharam Incursion Into Damasak - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Troops Repel Bokoharam Incursion Into Damasak (26530 Views)

Troops Kill ISWAP Terrorists in Damasak, Borno (Photos) / Damasak: 2 Soldiers Who Tried To Capture A Boko Haram Spy Killed In Ambush / Jubilation As Troops Repel Boko Haram Attack In Monguno (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Troops Repel Bokoharam Incursion Into Damasak by enomakos(m): 3:00pm On Apr 12, 2021
Mexzy4sho:
Is this not the same Damasak that was attacked by terrorists or another one?
they attack damasak but were repel
Re: Troops Repel Bokoharam Incursion Into Damasak by Jamesz12: 3:00pm On Apr 12, 2021
The military source told SaharaReporters that Brigadier General, S. S. Tilawan had asked soldiers to stay back rather than attack the terrorists who invaded Damasak town on Saturday.

File photo used to illustrate story.
According to him, the Boko Haram militants had come through the town where civilians are residing making it difficult for the fighter aircraft to strike.

He said the airforce personnel had monitored the movement of the terrorists and informed foot soldiers who ought to tactically combat the attack. He, however, said S. S. Tilawan asked soldiers to retreat, giving the terrorists a smooth operation.

“The Boko Haram terrorists came through Damasak town and started the attack from 4:04 pm to 8 pm. The attack lasted for that long, the Boko Haram militants came through the town where civilians live. The airforce personnel tried, they were there on time to attack Boko Haram but couldn't because of civilians.

“It was supposed to be the duty of the army to enter that town and fish out these bad boys, but we don't even have what to use, talkless of other things. The jet cannot bomb that town because the Boko Haram militants came from where civilians are staying and the governor of this state, Babagana Zulum, has so much confidence in this battalion, that is why he opened IDPs' camp in Damasak to protect his people because he so much loves his people. He wants to ensure that the people live comfortably but now it seems like the army has failed the man due to high corruption in the army, this country is so bad.

“With my five years in the army, even common helmet we don't have, even those who fought first and second world wars used the helmet to fight and in this modern day and age, we don't have a helmet, I am very angry.

“Within a month now, we have lost 18 soldiers in this battalion because of one useless Brigade Commander S. S. Tilawan they brought to us. This man is creating unnecessary work, he scattered the camp. I believe he is an agent of Boko Haram. A few days ago, a company was dislodged by Boko Haram militants and when our people tried to go for reinforcement, he said we should not go. That day we lost 10 soldiers and today when the jet came, they told us that they could sight the Boko Haram guys but could not bomb because civilians were there, and that we should go with our little weapons and recapture the town.

“Tilawan still gave order that we should not go to that town. He has forgotten that we are here because of these people. The world should come and do something about this man before the issue gets out of hand. The governor should know that his people are no longer safe because of the Brigadier General S. S. Tilawan, he should come fast and do something.

“People are dying anyhow, and we are here for them. I don't know the number of people who died but I know Boko Haram militants entered the area and looted it. I feel angry because we could not help these people and we are here for them. It is my duty as a Nigerian soldier to protect people but there is nothing we can do when our leaders make decisions against the people.

“Boko Haram killed people in the town and injured some. The people are doing burials in their cemetery now. We would've rescued them yesterday but the commander gave the order that we should not enter the town.

“They didn't enter our camp but they looted Damasak town to their satisfaction. They even took civilians' cars away. We lost 3 soldiers to yesterday's attack, totalling 18 soldiers under just one month.”

SaharaReporters had earlier reported how the Boko Haram fighters invaded Damasak town in Borno State on Saturday, burning United Nations facilities and forcing humanitarian workers to flee for their lives.

It was learnt that the terrorists, aided by their deadlier Islamic State West African Province fighters, set fire to the UN office and at least three other international charity organisations contiguous to the UN facility.

“The terrorists came into the town in gun trucks. They first embarked on a looting spree. They carted away aid supplies meant for the Internally Displaced Persons before they set fire to the UN hub in the town and three other buildings belonging to other aid organisations,” a source in the town narrated.
Re: Troops Repel Bokoharam Incursion Into Damasak by Jamesz12: 3:02pm On Apr 12, 2021
Na dem Lie Mohammed people

1 Like

Re: Troops Repel Bokoharam Incursion Into Damasak by dederocs(m): 3:05pm On Apr 12, 2021
Nigerian army should be on the offensive.
Re: Troops Repel Bokoharam Incursion Into Damasak by Jayrow08: 3:05pm On Apr 12, 2021
Why Una come dey cover dia face? Dis country na real waa
Re: Troops Repel Bokoharam Incursion Into Damasak by Skillsnigeria: 3:13pm On Apr 12, 2021
That's good and nice
Re: Troops Repel Bokoharam Incursion Into Damasak by Tarzan360(m): 3:15pm On Apr 12, 2021
Oizee:
were you expecting them to wear iro and buba?
Do you know that you can't wear jeans trousers without long gown or sket with hijabs to walk freely as a woman in the north? we Southerner's wear jeans in the north. I don't have to explain much here ok
Re: Troops Repel Bokoharam Incursion Into Damasak by Kirkman: 3:19pm On Apr 12, 2021
DanPat01:
Don't believe everything you see in the picture.

Yes the Nigerian Army is trying their best to wipe out this terrorist but I would tell you this terrorists kill them more than they do.

In most cases defeat them more than they do.

the Nigerian leaders are the holders of the key to this problem. They day they become serious about it, the month Boko Haram ends

IF YOU HAVE JUST 5 MINUTES TO SPARE THEN YOU'RE ON YOUR WAY TO BECOMING THE NEXT CRYPTO MILLIONAIRE
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
READ TO THE END OR YOU MIGHT LIVE TO REGRET IT.

PI COIN HAS NOW CREATED THEIR WALLET FOR BOTH DESKTOP AND ANDROID VERSION

Pi wallet was launched at the end of March 2021

And it is sad to say that many people are going to miss out on this because of doubt, cheap Fear and laziness.

When I was telling people about Pi most people where doubting, most ignored and some even went ahead to call it scam even without installing the app, now Pi has launched their crypto wallet.

Even when I was telling people about the Pi community intention to launch their Crypto wallet and why they need to get in fast, most people still ignored until the wallet was launched at 31th of March 2021

Imagine 1 Pi coin turns out to be only $1 at it launch, those that have mined 1,000 Pi token would end up having Pi worth $1,000 by just tapping a button for 5 seconds everyday

But no experts have predicted that 1 Pi would rise anywhere from $5 to $25. Do the maths.

What are you still waiting for actually?

For something that is free (requires no investment) and no referral?

Damn! you have to be cursed and crazy to loose out on this one. There are many people that wish they got this information earlier. Myself inclusive.

Are you still confused on what I'm saying then read the 2 minutes post below. You will see instruction and even how to join for free.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
UPDATE: Pi has just crossed the 10 million mark but have decided to give miners a second chance to continue mobile mining in other not to make alot of people loose out on earning Pi.
Mining Pi might also stop at 100 million and the figure is increasing daily.
------------------------------------------------------------------------
IT REQUIRES NO INVESTMENT AND YOU DON'T HAVE TO REFER ANYONE.
(NO INVESTMENT AND NO REFERRAL)

What I'm going to be introducing to you today is called CRYPTO MINING...

WHAT IS CRYPTO MINING?
In a very simple term Mining is the continuous coin accumulation process by several users by which a coin undergo before it's official launch.

You being a miners means you own the coin you have mined once the coin is launched.

Right now the most straight-forward coin to mine is Pi Coin.

What's PI COIN❓

It's a digital currency developed by Stanford PhDs which will be launched globally next year but developers wish to give out free coins before it will be incorporated into the world of cryptocurrency.

Many people including you and I missed bitcoin over 10 years ago. Then due to our level of exposure and understanding we thought digital currency could be a scam and would never be a medium of exchange.

But today, it has become a reality and essential for some of us who buy from Alibaba, Amazon, Jumia, Konga etc.

More interesting thing about what we missed is that 1 bitcoin is over $50,000 (18 million naira) today. A coin that was sitting at $10,000 (4 million naira) just 5 months ago. And you know, this was how it started.

Great! the world is going more digital in currency.

Now straight to Pi coin �

Cryptocurrency experts predicts the value of Pi coin to be 5$ to 25$ after at the end of 2021 or mid 2022. It's time to mine Pi coin like Bitcoin on your phone.

Just open this app for 5 sec everyday to prove you are a human. Click on mine⚡button and you are done. This app will do the rest. Invest 5 sec everyday.

Very simple task but not Compulsory. If you are interested, this are steps to take;

1. Download Pi network app from google Playstore

2. Register with your username;
phone number,
password,
and correct names.

You must use your correct name as it appears on your valid ID card because you will need to verify that later for KYC process.

3. You will be asked to provide an invitation code.

Type in ==> Danisaint

The reason you do this is because you won't be able to join without an invitation code.

4. Tap the lightning bots ⚡ on the left hand of your screen to start mining for free.

You will also be asked to tap it every 24 hours just for the system to know that you are not a robot.

Once you tap the lightning bolt for the day, you are done. Just minimize the app and let it mine underground.

You will need data to log in everyday to turn on the mine button then after that your data connection can be switched off

It doesn't drain your data, it won't drain your battery, it won't also affect your phone performance, neither is your phone in any way being monitored or at the risk of being hacked.

IMPORTANT THINGS TO TAKE NOTE OF OR DO BEFORE AND AFTER YOU SIGN UP:

1. Use your real names as it is in any valid ID card.
You will use your valid ID card to claim your Coin during the KYC process.

This reason for this is to prevent your token being lost to scammers on its launch.

2. Try as much as possible to verify your phone number when you sign up.

I repeat Verify your phone number immediately to avoid losing your pi when pi launches. An unverified Pi account is as good as useless.

You can verify your number by going to your profile, clicking verify, then follow the on screen instruction (very important)

3. Immediately you sign up, click on the chat icon and look for "Danisaint earning team" a chat room I created in Pi so we will get to know eachother more for KYC (Know your customer) verification.

Also ask to be added to our WhatsApp group so you we can use each other for KYC verification when Pi is launched.

That's is where I will not only lecture you on how to secure your Pi coin and mine it a higher rate but also update you on the latest development.

Also click on announcement section to view the latest Pi developers announcement so you don't miss any update.

Again my invitation code is ==> Danisaint

Let mine Pi together!

HAPPY MINING... ���

Seun Mynd44 Justwise Dominique. You people should do something about this guy. Rules 16,18,19 broken.
Re: Troops Repel Bokoharam Incursion Into Damasak by Demmtek(m): 3:20pm On Apr 12, 2021
The North is now becoming afgahnistan version 2.0 wetin be all this.
Where are all this waepons coming from this guys dey respawn like zombie embarassed embarassed
Re: Troops Repel Bokoharam Incursion Into Damasak by SarkinYarki: 3:22pm On Apr 12, 2021
So why did the UN say Damask was overun and why did newspaper say troops were told to stand down
Re: Troops Repel Bokoharam Incursion Into Damasak by goldfish27(m): 3:24pm On Apr 12, 2021
Nigeria army have become Repellent. pls which are they Mortein or Baygon
Re: Troops Repel Bokoharam Incursion Into Damasak by Nobody: 3:29pm On Apr 12, 2021
Mekaboy and thebosstrevor1, come and defend your soldier oh..

Cc lzaa ngadaawo

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Troops Repel Bokoharam Incursion Into Damasak by Yusman316(m): 3:32pm On Apr 12, 2021
Our troops always repelling incursions by boko haram. Why can't the troops also make incursions into sambisa and boko haram hideouts?
Re: Troops Repel Bokoharam Incursion Into Damasak by VEHINTOLAR: 3:34pm On Apr 12, 2021
Death to the wicked !
Re: Troops Repel Bokoharam Incursion Into Damasak by dragunov: 3:36pm On Apr 12, 2021
Nemere2020:
TROOPS REPEL BOKOHARAM INCURSION INTO DAMASAK

...Neutralised 7 terrorists in another frontier

Nigerian Army troops supported by Air Component of Operation Lafiya Dole (OPLD) have thwarted Boko Haram terrorists' incursion into Damasak the Headquarters of Mobbar Local Government Area of Borno State on 10 April 2021. The gallant troops engaged the terrorists with superior fire power both from the air and on the ground which compelled them to withdraw in disarray with several men and equipment casualty. Sadly, 2 gallant soldiers have paid the supreme price while one officer and 2 soldiers were injured. The injured are currently recuperating at a military hospital in Maiduguri.

Similarly, troops of Sector 1, OPLD on picketing duty along road Ngwom - Mafa to Maiduguri on Sunday, 11 April, 2021 decisively neutralised 7 members of the Boko Haram Terrorists group supposedly lying in wait to attack the troops and other innocent citizens plying the busy road.

The troops who have continued to dominate their areas with massive clearance patrols and ambushes sprang the surprise attack on the terrorists that have been menacing the peace and livelihood of the people in the area.

In the encounter, seven terrorists were neutralised while five AK-47 rifles were recovered along with several other items. The terrorists laid the ambush with the intent to harm NA troops and other innocent commuters. They however ran out of luck as they were instead trapped and neutralised in their own web. After the duel and successful neutralization of the terrorists, the troops continued their their clearance patrol up to Maiduguri.

Meanwhile, troops of OPLD will continue to maintain aggressive posture to ensure the entire area is cleared of terrorists elements and their activities while maintaining high moral and fighting efficiency.

You are please requested to disseminate this information through your medium for the awareness of the general public. Thank you for your usual support and cooperation.

Mohammed Yerima
Brigadier General
Director Army Public Relations
11 April 2021

https://twitter.com/HQNigerianArmy/status/1381525594702282753?s=19

Image laundering! Gbogbo e lori iro.
Re: Troops Repel Bokoharam Incursion Into Damasak by witworth(m): 3:48pm On Apr 12, 2021
War business
Re: Troops Repel Bokoharam Incursion Into Damasak by paix(m): 3:50pm On Apr 12, 2021
Our troops are always repelling, repelling, and the president is always condemning, condemning. Can't we make progress from there?
Re: Troops Repel Bokoharam Incursion Into Damasak by ipobarecriminals: 3:52pm On Apr 12, 2021
angry Nemere2020 angry .Why blurred the pictures of these wild PIGS angry angry.Show us confam pic of these Swines angry. Baztardz angry angry
Re: Troops Repel Bokoharam Incursion Into Damasak by rottennaija(m): 4:07pm On Apr 12, 2021
Brunosamel:
I don't know which one to believe, which one is true or not,
I weep for Nigeria soldiers cuz the government has failed and the top officials have failed them too...

I'd Sahara reporters posted how the terrorist killed many, you would believe
Re: Troops Repel Bokoharam Incursion Into Damasak by Zenithpeak(m): 4:25pm On Apr 12, 2021
Cover up news..... Killing innocent people to cover up their lacklustre performance...
Re: Troops Repel Bokoharam Incursion Into Damasak by adonaimart(m): 4:44pm On Apr 12, 2021
Why are you guys always repelling? Can't you take the fight to them?

The army knows where they are...army's strategy is giving credence to all the conspiracies out there.

Wetinn
Re: Troops Repel Bokoharam Incursion Into Damasak by Anaerobi(m): 4:54pm On Apr 12, 2021
This people no d tell us true... D other day, Boko Haram attack un in borno, now troops bla bla bla
Re: Troops Repel Bokoharam Incursion Into Damasak by israelmao(m): 5:15pm On Apr 12, 2021
They are always repelling not capturing. or being on the offensive.
Re: Troops Repel Bokoharam Incursion Into Damasak by Liposure: 5:26pm On Apr 12, 2021
Tarzan360:
Believe this news at your own risk � Boko Haram terrorists wearing jeans and t-shirt and polo shirts �
lol.
Re: Troops Repel Bokoharam Incursion Into Damasak by Amaechi2023(m): 5:47pm On Apr 12, 2021
Brunosamel:
I don't know which one to believe, which one is true or not,
I weep for Nigeria soldiers cuz the government has failed and the top officials have failed them too...
if it were soldiers being killed and attacked, even without photos you'll jump into conclusion.
one way to spot a saddist trying to appear patriotic.
by the grace of God we with positive intention would always triumph in the end.
saddist everywhere..
Re: Troops Repel Bokoharam Incursion Into Damasak by Amaechi2023(m): 5:51pm On Apr 12, 2021
nogragra:

Fighting on empty stomach and poorly equiped at that. Nigeria is dead. Tinubu get your head examined with your 2023. By the time its all over beggers in ebute meta will be richer than you. Fly wey no dey hear word na im dey follow deadbody into the grave.
saddist everywhere displaying massive ignorance in a bid to sound intelligent.
let me enlighten you a bit.
every special operation or victorious attack by soldiers in maiduguri comes with a whooping sum of 100k plus to private soldiers.
they are paid mungono allowance of 20k monthly as well as about 40k special force allowance.
all this with salary exclusive.
next time take your ignorance to the tunnel.
Re: Troops Repel Bokoharam Incursion Into Damasak by charlesucheh(m): 5:52pm On Apr 12, 2021
And they are even begging is to spread the lies
Re: Troops Repel Bokoharam Incursion Into Damasak by Amaechi2023(m): 5:54pm On Apr 12, 2021
Jamesz12:
Na dem Lie Mohammed people
I would have taken the story for real if it were other sources but not Sahara reporters.
it was the same Sahara reporters that claimed nigeria army are using civil war weapons to fight bokoharam..
you could imagine the level they've deeped their lies to.
Re: Troops Repel Bokoharam Incursion Into Damasak by MoIbrahim: 6:21pm On Apr 12, 2021
Na only to dey repel?
Re: Troops Repel Bokoharam Incursion Into Damasak by Mekadone: 6:24pm On Apr 12, 2021
May it never be well with Nigeria army. When will the foolish Nigeria army initiate their on incursion into wherever boko haram is hiding ?Over 20 years of boko haram, they are still repelling.
Re: Troops Repel Bokoharam Incursion Into Damasak by Parpasawa(m): 6:40pm On Apr 12, 2021
Military lies

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Supreme Court Stops FG From Ceding 17 Oil Wells To Imo / Surulere Bye-election: INEC Declares Fuad Laguda (APC) As Winner / National Identity Card To Complement Voters Card-buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.