Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,916 members, 7,824,843 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 06:55 PM

Urgent! Which Should I Choose? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Urgent! Which Should I Choose? (625 Views)

I Am Relocating... Where Do I Choose / I Choose Shoe Making Because Of My Love For It / I Need Honest Advise-how Do I Choose Between Two Lovers For Marriage? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Urgent! Which Should I Choose? by Slimslimqq: 3:36pm On Apr 12, 2021
Good afternoon house,

I need the opinions of the experienced people here.

I just resumed a temporary job today as a data entry collector for 2021 jamb students at an IT firm and the pay is 2k daily which will run for a month, there's no expenses of transportation and there's breakfast and lunch.

While I was on the job today I received a call from an interview I had online last week that I will be resuming fully on Wednesday. The salary is same as minimum wage. Transportation is upto 700 daily.

The difference between the two is first one is temporary(1 month) while the second one is a full time job, and I just resumed the first one today.

Am confused I don't want to make a wrong choice, that's why I brought it here to hear from the experienced ones.

It's urgent, I need to make a decision asap.

Thanks.

Lalasticlala please help me move to Frontpage.
Re: Urgent! Which Should I Choose? by Slimslimqq: 4:04pm On Apr 12, 2021
No ideas?
Re: Urgent! Which Should I Choose? by Stevenbright(m): 4:09pm On Apr 12, 2021
Slimslimqq:
Good afternoon house,

I just resumed a temporary job today as a data entry collector for 2021 jamb students at an IT firm and the pay is 2k daily which will run for a month, there's no expenses of transportation and there's breakfast and lunch.

While I was on the job today I received a call from an interview I had online last week that I will be resuming fully on Wednesday. The salary is same as minimum wage. Transportation is upto 700 daily.

The difference between the two is first one is temporary(1 month) while the second one is a full time job, and I just resumed the first one today.

Am confused I don't want to make a wrong choice, that's why I brought it here to hear from the experienced ones.

Thanks.

What do you mean by "salary
is same as minimum wage"?
Re: Urgent! Which Should I Choose? by Slimslimqq: 4:19pm On Apr 12, 2021
Stevenbright:

What do you mean by "salary is same as minimum wage"?
30k is the minimum wage na.
Re: Urgent! Which Should I Choose? by frozen70(f): 5:26pm On Apr 12, 2021
Slimslimqq:
Good afternoon house,

Thanks.

Pls go for the second one
Re: Urgent! Which Should I Choose? by Stevenbright(m): 5:34pm On Apr 12, 2021
Slimslimqq:
30k is the minimum wage na.

I asked just to be sure!

It is not even an option to consider. Reason being that the daily transportation of #700 and maybe plus daily lunch will finish the salary and hence you will be working for free.
Re: Urgent! Which Should I Choose? by Slimslimqq: 6:06pm On Apr 12, 2021
frozen70:

Pls go for the second one

noted ma, but pls can u state the reason u advised me to take the second one ma.
I need to be sure of my options very well
Re: Urgent! Which Should I Choose? by Slimslimqq: 6:07pm On Apr 12, 2021
Stevenbright:

I asked just to be sure!

It is not even an option to consider. Reason being that the daily transportation of #700 and maybe plus daily lunch will finish the salary and hence you will be working for free.
I thought about that also but I just need to weigh my options very well
Re: Urgent! Which Should I Choose? by frozen70(f): 6:10pm On Apr 12, 2021
Slimslimqq:
noted ma, but pls can u state the reason u advised me to take the second one ma.
I need to be sure of my options very well

You said the first one is for one month

Then the second one is temporary

Meaning after one month you may be idle if you take the first one

But the second one will keep you busy pending when it will be off, which may take over three months

But just follow your heart
Re: Urgent! Which Should I Choose? by sisisioge: 7:42pm On Apr 12, 2021
Biko stay where you are and keep doing it and applying to other places. That 30k job will net you less15k once you take out your transport and other expenses biko.

At the end of a month, you would have increased your experience and who knows what else that could happen. That guarantee of work provided by the second job is crap.

2 Likes

Re: Urgent! Which Should I Choose? by Slimslimqq: 8:01pm On Apr 12, 2021
frozen70:

You said the first one is for one month

Then the second one is temporary

Meaning after one month you may be idle if you take the first one

But the second one will keep you busy pending when it will be off, which may take over three months

But just follow your heart
the second isn't temporary but permanent.

I already understand ur point ma. Thanks
Re: Urgent! Which Should I Choose? by Slimslimqq: 8:02pm On Apr 12, 2021
sisisioge:
Biko stay where you are and keep doing it and applying to other places. That 30k job will not you less15k once you take out your transport and other expenses biko.

At the end of a month, you would have increased your experience and who knows what else that could happen. That guarantee of work provided by the second job is crap.
exactly my thought. Thank u ma
Re: Urgent! Which Should I Choose? by Nobody: 7:23am On Apr 13, 2021
@gbemileke14 please i sent you an email

(1) (Reply)

Please, I Need Advice! / Great Deals / Lg 43 Inches...non Smart

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.