Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,232 members, 7,811,645 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 04:29 PM

What Are The Punishment For Registering For The NIN Twice? - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / What Are The Punishment For Registering For The NIN Twice? (5868 Views)

It Seems Glo Has Even disconnected itself before the NIN Deadline / NIN Issues: I Never Registered For NIN.. How Do I Verify The NIN from *346#? / How Did I Get The NIN Without Registration? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Are The Punishment For Registering For The NIN Twice? by The5DME(m): 10:34pm On Apr 12, 2021
I initially registered for the NIN around late 2019,but due to the toggling back and forth by the officials at Kosofe LGA; I had to abandon the entire process and never went back again. But three weeks ago; I wanted to retrieve the NIN but someone close to me told me to try registering for it again which I did.
When I was registering for it again, some people were called out who have done it before but I was not called out. So that gave me a reason to proceed with the registration. Everything was done again and yet my previous data was not detected. But when it was time to collect the nin number; I was told that I've registered before and directed to Alausa.

I'll be going to Alausa tomorrow to retrieve my nin for the first one I did. But I just heard from someone and online that registering twice is punishable. I want to know if anyone here has tried registering for it twice and what the punishment was. If it's money; like how much? Or anything to look towards tomorrow.
NB: I misplaced the sim I used in registering the first one so I can't recover it using the ussd code.

Edit: I've finally gotten my NIN. I was never even asked whether I've registered before. I'm so happy right now. Thank you to all the people who commented on this thread.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Are The Punishment For Registering For The NIN Twice? by Pierocash(m): 10:49pm On Apr 12, 2021
The5DME:
I initially registered for the NIN around late 2019,but due to the toggling back and forth by the officials at Kosofe LGA; I had to abandon the entire process and never went back again. But three weeks ago; I wanted to retrieve the NIN but someone close to me told me to try registering for it again which I did.
When I was registering for it again, some people were called out who have done it before but I was not called out. So that gave me a reason to proceed with the registration. Everything was done again and yet my previous data was not detected. But when it was time to collect the nin number; I was told that I've registered before and directed to Alausa.

I'll be going to Alausa tomorrow to retrieve my nin for the first one I did. But I just heard from someone and online that registering twice is punishable. I want to know if anyone here has tried registering for it twice and what the punishment was. If it's money; like how much? Or anything to look towards tomorrow.
NB: I misplaced the sim I used in registering the first one so I can't recover it using the ussd code.

Please, don't ignore. I need help. I beg of you
you can't register twice,not possible. You may fill the form,but you won't get another NIN .Except you use a different details,and that will complicate the whole matter because your finger print will expose that you have registered before,and no NIN will be allocated,except someone goes to Nimc headquarters in Abuja to correct the error,and you know how naija is,your case may never be resolved and you may never get a NIN.

As for punishment,nothing of such. Take your slip to where you first registered and retrieve your Nin
Re: What Are The Punishment For Registering For The NIN Twice? by The5DME(m): 11:09pm On Apr 12, 2021
Pierocash:
you can't register twice,not possible. You may fill the form,but you won't get another NIN .Except you use a different details,and that will complicate the whole matter because your finger print will expose that you have registered before,and no NIN will be allocated,except someone goes to Nimc headquarters in Abuja to correct the error,and you know how naija is,your case may never be resolved and you may never get a NIN.

As for punishment,nothing of such. Take your slip to where you first registered and retrieve your Nin
thank you boss. I actually used the same exact details as the first one. So there's no problem. The other one I did, did not bring out any nin because I've done it before. Thank you.

4 Likes

Re: What Are The Punishment For Registering For The NIN Twice? by Seakay(m): 11:11pm On Apr 12, 2021
cheesy
You will receive 23 strokes of Cane if u do so.
oya go to the nearest NIN office and collect your share.

1 Like

Re: What Are The Punishment For Registering For The NIN Twice? by The5DME(m): 11:11pm On Apr 12, 2021
Seakay:
cheesy

You will receive 23 strokes of Cane if u do so.

oya go to the nearest NIN office and collect your share.
Be serious na. Na jamb I wan use am for.
Re: What Are The Punishment For Registering For The NIN Twice? by HONESTFACT101(m): 11:13pm On Apr 12, 2021

Accountability in Nigeria

perhaps this country ain't as hopeless as I thought

No the country is still hopeless......signing out

1 Like

Re: What Are The Punishment For Registering For The NIN Twice? by Seakay(m): 11:16pm On Apr 12, 2021
The5DME:

Be serious na. Na jamb I wan use am for.
You can't register twice with one number, and even if u can... there will be no punishment.
Re: What Are The Punishment For Registering For The NIN Twice? by Kayberg: 11:39pm On Apr 12, 2021
I've registered since 2016 and till date, my NIN is yet to be released. So I think the government need to get some things done right before imposing it blindly.
It's usually annoying.
Re: What Are The Punishment For Registering For The NIN Twice? by The5DME(m): 11:40pm On Apr 12, 2021
Kayberg:
I've registered since 2016 and till date, my NIN is yet to be released. So I think the government need to get some things done right before imposing it blindly.
It's usually annoying.
I pray the one I did since 2019 should be out when I go there tomorrow. Jamb just wan stress person life.
Re: What Are The Punishment For Registering For The NIN Twice? by Kayberg: 11:49pm On Apr 12, 2021
The5DME:

I pray the one I did since 2019 should be out when I go there tomorrow. Jamb just wan stress person life.

I hope so… because I've already lost two of my SIMs to deactivation for the sake of the NIN the same government who imposed it refused to release.
Re: What Are The Punishment For Registering For The NIN Twice? by femi4: 8:06am On Apr 13, 2021
The5DME:

No punishment, this Country don't have database
Re: What Are The Punishment For Registering For The NIN Twice? by Mrlcredible: 12:35pm On Apr 13, 2021
[s]
The5DME:

[/s] Monday Gift Oghenekaro a jambite, scammer and a cultist
Re: What Are The Punishment For Registering For The NIN Twice? by The5DME(m): 4:02pm On Apr 13, 2021
Mrlcredible:
Monday Gift Oghenekaro a jambite, scammer and a cultist
Anything more?
Re: What Are The Punishment For Registering For The NIN Twice? by davidluv(m): 7:20pm On Apr 13, 2021
Pantami says you'll go to prison twice�

1 Like

Re: What Are The Punishment For Registering For The NIN Twice? by The5DME(m): 8:29pm On Apr 13, 2021
davidluv:
Pantami says you'll go to prison twice�
I've gotten it today. Thanks.
Re: What Are The Punishment For Registering For The NIN Twice? by Intersexxsherry(f): 2:29pm On Nov 27, 2021
The5DME:

Edit: I've finally gotten my NIN. I was never even asked whether I've registered before. I'm so happy right now. Thank you to all the people who commented on this thread.
are u saying you registered twice and the second one came out?
Re: What Are The Punishment For Registering For The NIN Twice? by Soffyh(m): 3:45pm On Nov 27, 2021
Abeg help o
I registered for nin wit #500 and i was told to com bak after 2week they wrote code on a small paper and com check for it with the small paper, when i went there after 2weeks , she told me wasn’t available yet, but unfortunately after 4weeks I lost the small paper and they told me that it cant be check , that i must to find that paper and I can’t re-register again, what do i do now, they can’t do anything to it at ther Office,
Re: What Are The Punishment For Registering For The NIN Twice? by Intersexxsherry(f): 4:42pm On Nov 27, 2021
Soffyh:
Abeg help o
I registered for nin wit #500 and i was told to com bak after 2week they wrote code on a small paper and com check for it with the small paper, when i went there after 2weeks , she told me wasn’t available yet, but unfortunately after 4weeks I lost the small paper and they told me that it cant be check , that i must to find that paper and I can’t re-register again, what do i do now, they can’t do anything to it at ther Office,
use your bvn
Re: What Are The Punishment For Registering For The NIN Twice? by The5DME(m): 9:17pm On Nov 27, 2021
Intersexxsherry:
are u saying you registered twice and the second one came out?
the second one was cancelled. The first one was the one I retrieved because I lost the sim I used for registering it.

(1) (Reply)

Help With Starcomms Configuration / December 1st Glo Slashes Data 1k For 2gb / Airtel Must Be Crazy For Creating This 'unlimited Plan'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.