Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,590 members, 7,837,220 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 07:19 PM

We No Longer Have A Homogenous North - Sheik Gumi - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / We No Longer Have A Homogenous North - Sheik Gumi (301 Views)

So SW Isn't Homogenous Yoruba : Just Learnt Of The Ogu(egun) People / Kagara: Sheik Gumi Meets Kidnappers Of Niger Students And Teachers (Photos) / Atiku, Osita Chidoka, Oyedepo, Kukah, Sheik Gumi Inside Atiku's Jet (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

We No Longer Have A Homogenous North - Sheik Gumi by nairalandankrah: 11:28am On Apr 13, 2021
We no longer have homogenous north, there is no one North again.

The one north is no more. How was Abiola accepted in the North against Tofa? Let me tell you, Abiola came to this house (Gumi’s House) and he said it was from this house he was told to contest for the presidency. But I have never seen Tofa in this house. What I am trying to tell you is that there is population in the north, but it is of different people, tribes, persuasions.

There is no one thing that unite the north. We have good people who are nice; honestly, Abiola did not have tribal sentiment. He was not tribalistic. We just want competent people. So the most important thing is that you must not be tribalistic, or a religious bigot. No compulsion of faith. You cannot force your religion on another person. You can only convince somebody to follow you, not to force him.
-Sheik Gumi
https://www.sunnewsonline.com/herdsmen-shiites-crises-may-end-nigeria-sheikh-gumi/

(1) (Reply)

Dr. Isa Pantami : Alhaji Atiku Abubakar (gcon) Silence / Now Igboman Killing Igbo, Thank You Nazi Nnamdi Kanu / Don't Lose Hope In Nigeria, It's A Trying Moment ~gov. Udom To Nigerians

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.