Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,222 members, 7,815,271 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:01 AM

So SW Isn't Homogenous Yoruba : Just Learnt Of The Ogu(egun) People - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / So SW Isn't Homogenous Yoruba : Just Learnt Of The Ogu(egun) People (4850 Views)

Lagos Commences Issuance Of Official Statements In Yoruba, Egun & English / Osinbajo: How I Learnt Of My Nomination As Buhari’s Running Mate / Photo: Yoruba Just Hate The Igbo And The Hatred Seems To Be Simply Natural. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

So SW Isn't Homogenous Yoruba : Just Learnt Of The Ogu(egun) People by Femifasola: 7:45pm On Jul 23, 2022
While growing up in osun which is my state of origin, I had thought the south west is entirely yoruba not knowing they're also Egun people in Ogun and lagos state which David Hundeyin belong to. Interesting to know.

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: So SW Isn't Homogenous Yoruba : Just Learnt Of The Ogu(egun) People by IamAtikulate: 7:59pm On Jul 23, 2022
There are also Ijaws

Ijebus

Egbas

Aworis

Ilajes

None of them are Yoruba

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: So SW Isn't Homogenous Yoruba : Just Learnt Of The Ogu(egun) People by Sammy07: 8:01pm On Jul 23, 2022
Femifasola:
While growing up in osun which is my state of origin, I had thought the south west is entirely yoruba not knowing they're also Egun people in Ogun and lagos state which David Hundeyin belong to. Interesting to know.

Lolz, that's why internet is free
Once you see Badagry people, just know they're Egu.
They've lived among the Yorubas for long.

That's why there's no much difference

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: So SW Isn't Homogenous Yoruba : Just Learnt Of The Ogu(egun) People by Sammy07: 8:02pm On Jul 23, 2022
IamAtikulate:
There are also Ijaws

Ijebus

Egbas

Aworis

Ilajes

None of them are Yoruba

Oti mugbo

29 Likes 3 Shares

Re: So SW Isn't Homogenous Yoruba : Just Learnt Of The Ogu(egun) People by Femifasola: 8:03pm On Jul 23, 2022
Sammy07:

Nice to know bro, I was born in Osun and have lived most of my life there

3 Likes

Re: So SW Isn't Homogenous Yoruba : Just Learnt Of The Ogu(egun) People by VeryWickedMan: 8:06pm On Jul 23, 2022
Lagos is a no man's land. Every tribe claiming it are thieves who came there to sell off their own blood for gunpowder and mirror.

Tinubu came to Lagos on a maloo truck in 1961.

31 Likes 1 Share

Re: So SW Isn't Homogenous Yoruba : Just Learnt Of The Ogu(egun) People by Seniorwriter(m): 8:10pm On Jul 23, 2022
IamAtikulate:
There are also Ijaws

Ijebus

Egbas

Aworis

Ilajes

None of them are Yoruba
Please increase the volume.....so many young Nigerians know very little about their origin and Nigeria as a whole reason they don't even know their rights and responsibilities....Moreso our wicked leaders are aware so they play down on institutions for History and NOA that can help create this knowledge ....imagine OP not knowing what he/she just stated been a Yoruba for that matter.

Sammy07:

So many people respected you here cos you dish out useful advice and thoughts.

Never knew you're also an ignorant undecided
Congratulations on your mention....if you couldn't read to comprehend what I meant by the commenter to increase his/her volume then you need work on how you comprehend writeups.
Sammy07:

BTW for the fact that you @Sammy07 think that the internet is what to rely on as per history of tribes and et al shows how not ignorant you are.
Sammy07:

I said, that's why internet is free.

Isn't internet also about getting MORE INFORMATION about a particular thing or subject of discussion?

SMH@you....more information is not main information.....moreso you didn't say more information you said that's why the internet is free ....Be guided.

Ttalk:

Stop spewing rubbish and seek knowledge before coming online to embarrass yourself.

Thats what gives outsiders heart to malign Yoruba race.

How can you claim to be a Yoruba and you don't know your people and their history?
See leave that toxic ignorant nairalander Sammy07 .....

@Seniorwriter

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: So SW Isn't Homogenous Yoruba : Just Learnt Of The Ogu(egun) People by Nobody: 8:11pm On Jul 23, 2022
Hehehehehehehehehe funny enough most of those people with this claims are baby factory criminals and organs harvesters on expired mkpurumiri

5 Likes

Re: So SW Isn't Homogenous Yoruba : Just Learnt Of The Ogu(egun) People by Sammy07: 8:21pm On Jul 23, 2022
Seniorwriter:

Please increase the volume .....so many young Nigerians know very little about their origin and Nigeria as a whole reason they don't even know their rights and responsibilities....Moreso our wicked leaders are aware so they play down on institutions for History and NOA that can help create this knowledge ....imagine OP not knowing what he/she just stated been a Yoruba for that matter.

@Seniorwriter

So many people respected you here cos you dish out useful advice and thoughts.

Never knew you're also an ignorant undecided

7 Likes

Re: So SW Isn't Homogenous Yoruba : Just Learnt Of The Ogu(egun) People by Nobody: 8:25pm On Jul 23, 2022
IamAtikulate:
There are also Ijaws

Ijebus

Egbas

Aworis

Ilajes

None of them are Yoruba

Aworis are the real owners of Lagos

8 Likes

Re: So SW Isn't Homogenous Yoruba : Just Learnt Of The Ogu(egun) People by Elliotg: 8:35pm On Jul 23, 2022
It is my belief that igbos has the largest population in Nigeria if you at the fact that they are more homogeneous than every other groups.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: So SW Isn't Homogenous Yoruba : Just Learnt Of The Ogu(egun) People by Henrymathias: 8:40pm On Jul 23, 2022
Mr. Moderator Dan Allah move it to FP asap.
Re: So SW Isn't Homogenous Yoruba : Just Learnt Of The Ogu(egun) People by Ttalk: 8:42pm On Jul 23, 2022
Sammy07:

Stop spewing rubbish and seek knowledge before coming online to embarrass yourself.

How can you claim to be a Yoruba and you don't know your people and their history?

2 Likes

Re: So SW Isn't Homogenous Yoruba : Just Learnt Of The Ogu(egun) People by Henrymathias: 8:42pm On Jul 23, 2022
Mr. Moderator Dan Allah move it to FP asap. Because some of our skull Miners brother don't know this!!
Re: So SW Isn't Homogenous Yoruba : Just Learnt Of The Ogu(egun) People by Sammy07: 8:42pm On Jul 23, 2022
Seniorwriter:

BTW for the fact that you @Sam....my07 think that the internet is what to rely on as per history of tribes and et al shows how not ignorant you are.

@Seniorwriter

I said, that's why internet is free.

Isn't internet also about getting MORE INFORMATION about a particular thing or subject of discussion?
Re: So SW Isn't Homogenous Yoruba : Just Learnt Of The Ogu(egun) People by Sammy07: 8:48pm On Jul 23, 2022
Ttalk:

Correct what i wrote na
Re: So SW Isn't Homogenous Yoruba : Just Learnt Of The Ogu(egun) People by IamAtikulate: 8:53pm On Jul 23, 2022
Thanksful:

Aworis are the real owners of Lagos
I know. But they are not Yoruba

10 Likes

Re: So SW Isn't Homogenous Yoruba : Just Learnt Of The Ogu(egun) People by Gandollar(f): 8:55pm On Jul 23, 2022
Egun people are yorubas.

Egun people dey carry shit those days of bucket system. Na their skills grin

We call them Agbe Po.

They are yorubas.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: So SW Isn't Homogenous Yoruba : Just Learnt Of The Ogu(egun) People by Gandollar(f): 8:57pm On Jul 23, 2022
Femifasola:
But you Sabi Iragbiji right?
If you don't, that'd be a crying shame.
Re: So SW Isn't Homogenous Yoruba : Just Learnt Of The Ogu(egun) People by Nobody: 9:42pm On Jul 23, 2022
Sammy07:

Guy, "FemiFasola" is an Igbo poster.

Even the silly name, a desperate and obvious attempt to appear Yoruba, is a giveaway.

Bruv, dey check past post na. IPOB mischief-maker catching cruise and Yorubas are actually indulging him. Na fcking wa sef.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: So SW Isn't Homogenous Yoruba : Just Learnt Of The Ogu(egun) People by OldNairalander(m): 9:50pm On Jul 23, 2022
VeryWickedMan:
Lagos is a no man's land. Every tribe claiming it are thieves who came there to sell off their own blood for gunpowder and mirror.

Tinubu came to Lagos on a maloo truck in 1961.

1 Like

Re: So SW Isn't Homogenous Yoruba : Just Learnt Of The Ogu(egun) People by Nobody: 10:04pm On Jul 23, 2022
IamAtikulate:

It's part of Lagos history. Anyone who died in Lagos must have come across it.

1 Like

Re: So SW Isn't Homogenous Yoruba : Just Learnt Of The Ogu(egun) People by DOTian: 10:06pm On Jul 23, 2022
Femifasola:
They're adept at hiding their differences while highlighting such similar differences in other regions.. it's terrible

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: So SW Isn't Homogenous Yoruba : Just Learnt Of The Ogu(egun) People by seunmsg(m): 10:10pm On Jul 23, 2022
Femifasola:

You this Igbo boy, are you not ashamed of doing this? Why are you ashamed of your ethnicity? Is politics really worth using your left hand to describe your father’s house?

So appalling seeing how shameless some people have become just because of politics. Tueh!

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: So SW Isn't Homogenous Yoruba : Just Learnt Of The Ogu(egun) People by seunmsg(m): 10:12pm On Jul 23, 2022
IamAtikulate:

If Aworis are not Yorubas, who are they?

If you know the meaning of Awori, you won’t be embarrassing yourself in this manner.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: So SW Isn't Homogenous Yoruba : Just Learnt Of The Ogu(egun) People by Femifasola: 10:15pm On Jul 23, 2022
seunmsg:

You this Igbo boy, are you not ashamed of doing this? Why are you ashamed of your ethnicity? Is politics really worth using your left hand to describe your father’s house?

So appalling seeing how shameless some people have become just because of politics. Tueh!
See this one. I'm just an osun village boy who hasn't gone out of my state interested in knowing much about my region Nd how is that a crime undecided

19 Likes

Re: So SW Isn't Homogenous Yoruba : Just Learnt Of The Ogu(egun) People by r4bbit: 10:30pm On Jul 23, 2022
undecided
Re: So SW Isn't Homogenous Yoruba : Just Learnt Of The Ogu(egun) People by Ttalk: 10:33pm On Jul 23, 2022
Sammy07:

Correct what i wrote na

To begin with you are not a Lagosian and you cannot even sort junks information from wherever you got them from, so why dabbling into subject that exposes your ignorance and at the same time paint Yoruba race bad.

What exact point are you trying to make by saying the whole Badagry is Egun? Where did you get that? What is the problem when a community speaks one language?

you cant even separate and differentiate language, tribe and ethnic.

A quick check on history of Badagry would have given you idea of the tribes and ethnics of people of Badagry, a further search into the traders of slaves from Badagry during slave trade would give you a better understanding.

I won't correct you, I LL only guide you into the part where you can be better informed.

Do it yourself

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: So SW Isn't Homogenous Yoruba : Just Learnt Of The Ogu(egun) People by OsuEbonyi: 10:39pm On Jul 23, 2022
Ttalk:

To begin with you are not a Lagosian and you cannot even sort junks information from wherever you got them from, so why dabbling into subject that exposes your ignorance and at the same time paint Yoruba race bad.

What exact point are you trying to make by saying the whole Badagry is Egun? Where did you get that? What is the problem when a community speaks one language?

you cant even separate and differentiate language, tribe and ethnic.

A quick check on history of Badagry would have given you idea of the tribes and ethnics of people of Badagry, a further search into the traders of slaves from Badagry during slave trade would give you a better understanding.

I won't correct you, I LL only guide you into the part where you can be better informed.

Do it yourself
God bless you bro

2 Likes

Re: So SW Isn't Homogenous Yoruba : Just Learnt Of The Ogu(egun) People by Ekealterego: 10:41pm On Jul 23, 2022
Femifasola:
You are right though. Yoruba was not the national name of people in the SW. The SW was not homogenous.

They were called Akus. These Aku or Oku comprises the Yoruba and some other smaller tribes.

As for Egun, their language is not close or related to Yoruba. Their language is a Gun language. Related to Fon people from Benin Republic.

19 Likes

Re: So SW Isn't Homogenous Yoruba : Just Learnt Of The Ogu(egun) People by diadem10: 10:49pm On Jul 23, 2022
IamAtikulate:
There are also Ijaws

Ijebus

Egbas

Aworis

Ilajes

None of them are Yoruba

You dey ment.

My ilaje isn't Yoruba? Na ment? Awori, Ijebus and Egbas aren't Yorubas? na ment?

Meanwhile, the David hundeyin doesn't even know where he came from. One moment, he thinks he's from Ilorin. Another time, he's from Egu which he can't even pronounce right. Someone who seeks for attention by writing trash.. Always claiming nonsense just to seek for attention.

5 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Inec's Portal Seems To Show Peter Obi Won Rivers Election Given To Tinubu- Reno / The New Lagos Slogan,eko O Ni Baje: Ju Bayi Lo! / FG To Generate 5000MW Of Electricity By June 2013.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.