Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,826 members, 7,820,908 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 01:54 AM

Job, Numbers: Bible Books That Swayed Supreme Court Ruling On Female Inheritance - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Job, Numbers: Bible Books That Swayed Supreme Court Ruling On Female Inheritance (22037 Views)

Father Mbaka: What Ihedioha Should Have Done Before Supreme Court Ruling / New Testament Bible Books | Chapters + Link / Subtract Your Age From 66 Bible Books To Know Your Year Of Birth (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Job, Numbers: Bible Books That Swayed Supreme Court Ruling On Female Inheritance by gawu1: 4:43pm On Apr 13, 2021
AfroKnight:

Do you even know what my signature refers to? cheesy

Google could have saved you the embarrassment.

Back to the question. Why should male children inherit the lion share?
You have liberty to challenge that at Law court if you feel bad about that.
All that is in question now is that the practice in which Igbo people would deny their females inheritance right has been quashed by Nigerian Supreme Court.
Re: Job, Numbers: Bible Books That Swayed Supreme Court Ruling On Female Inheritance by Sheunma: 4:44pm On Apr 13, 2021
Allahu Akbar!
Re: Job, Numbers: Bible Books That Swayed Supreme Court Ruling On Female Inheritance by AfroKnight: 4:46pm On Apr 13, 2021
gawu1:

You have liberty to challenge that at Law court if you feel bad about that.
All that is in question now is that the practice in which Igbo people would deny their females inheritance right has been quashed by Nigerian Supreme Court.

Are you sure you replied to the right person?
Re: Job, Numbers: Bible Books That Swayed Supreme Court Ruling On Female Inheritance by NSK4U(m): 5:00pm On Apr 13, 2021
Ladycewhy:
I salute Gladys Ada Ukeje, for her courage, doggedness and bravery to fight and stand her ground over the long aged misoginistic culture and tradition put in place by brown teeth snuff sniffing ancestors who for reasons best known to them didn't want their female children to benefit from their wealthy after their demise.

She is a true feminist that fought for the right of the girl child for generations yet unborn. Once again I salute this great woman.

Tori 4 d gods!!

The court has judged, oracle too will give the bigger judgement..... so let those women who have double heads go and collect land in their father's house, tradition and culture is sacred, anyone who wants to champion feminism should take up citizenship in white man countries, Africa of today has no place for feminism, at least black power too doesn't recognize feminism. Go and ask Dr Iweala or Mrs Adichie how many of their father's land they got..... not even all male folks could survive the heat of possessing and retaining family land in many African communities especially in Igboland let alone a female.

1 Like

Re: Job, Numbers: Bible Books That Swayed Supreme Court Ruling On Female Inheritance by Dtruthspeaker: 5:02pm On Apr 13, 2021
omonnakoda:
The starting point is definition

What does that mean : Wicked , Evil?

What makes you think your notion of those things is shared by everyone.

How do we recognize evil or wickedness?

Discarding Definition and moving to real living, the simplest and fastest and surest test is, if Someone gives something to you, would you grab it with your hands with a smile, thanking the person?

Or would you Frown/Anger and reject it, cursing the person?

If you grab it with a smile and thanks, it Must be Good.

But if you Reject it with Anger and a Frown, Cursing the Giver of It, It must be Evil.

Practical! A Hungry man is given a Bowl Full of Cow Faeces to eat and Bottle of Goat Piss to drink Vs. A Bowl Full of Semo and Egusi with a Satchet of Pure-Water!

Everyone knows which of these "Delicacies" is Good for an Hungry man, for we have all been hungry at a specific period of our lives and we all know which Option we all chose and must choose.

Even a Wicked man who himself gave Cow Faeces to a hungry man, did not choose Cow faeces when he hungered!
Re: Job, Numbers: Bible Books That Swayed Supreme Court Ruling On Female Inheritance by Dtruthspeaker: 5:03pm On Apr 13, 2021
Bekind123:
[color=#006600][/color] That is why it is called the oldest book with the latest news. BIBLE is good news simple, always current.

grin Never heard this before "the oldest book with the latest news" grin grin

Only The Lord can Do That! Only The Lord!
Re: Job, Numbers: Bible Books That Swayed Supreme Court Ruling On Female Inheritance by obyrich(m): 5:26pm On Apr 13, 2021
All my children must partake equally in whatever God blesses me with in this life. No discrimination.
Re: Job, Numbers: Bible Books That Swayed Supreme Court Ruling On Female Inheritance by mystery22: 5:26pm On Apr 13, 2021
But you clowns can't stop underage marriage in the north
Re: Job, Numbers: Bible Books That Swayed Supreme Court Ruling On Female Inheritance by omonnakoda: 5:33pm On Apr 13, 2021
Dtruthspeaker:

Discarding Definition and moving to real living, the simplest and fastest and surest test is, if Someone gives something to you, would you grab it with your hands with a smile, thanking the person?

Or would you Frown/Anger and reject it, cursing the person?

If you grab it with a smile and thanks, it Must be Good.

But if you Reject it with Anger and a Frown, Cursing the Giver of It, It must be Evil.

Practical! A Hungry man is given a Bowl Full of Cow Faeces to eat and Bottle of Goat Piss to drink Vs. A Bowl Full of Semo and Egusi with a Satchet of Pure-Water!

Everyone knows which of these "Delicacies" is Good for an Hungry man, for we have all been hungry at a specific period of our lives and we all know which Option we all chose and must choose.

Even a Wicked man who himself gave Cow Faeces to a hungry man, did not choose Cow faeces when he hungered!

You are not communicating

You are talking to yourself
Re: Job, Numbers: Bible Books That Swayed Supreme Court Ruling On Female Inheritance by Dtruthspeaker: 5:42pm On Apr 13, 2021
omonnakoda:
You are not communicating

You are talking to yourself

grin Translation! "I am speechless and I can not rebut"! grin
Re: Job, Numbers: Bible Books That Swayed Supreme Court Ruling On Female Inheritance by Dozis: 5:52pm On Apr 13, 2021
Igbovibes270:
Simp spotted, idiot, why would you reduce the boys to only one? You are either a thorough simp or an ignoramus
Enjoy your ban bro
I don't have your time.
Re: Job, Numbers: Bible Books That Swayed Supreme Court Ruling On Female Inheritance by Ladycewhy(f): 5:59pm On Apr 13, 2021
NSK4U:

Tori 4 d gods!!

The court has judged, oracle too will give the bigger judgement..... so let those women who have double heads go and collect land in their father's house, tradition and culture is sacred, anyone who wants to champion feminism should take up citizenship in white man countries, Africa of today has no place for feminism, at least black power too doesn't recognize feminism. Go and ask Dr Iweala or Mrs Adichie how many of their father's land they got..... not even all male folks could survive the heat of possessing and retaining family land in many African communities especially in Igboland let alone a female.
Yawns!
Re: Job, Numbers: Bible Books That Swayed Supreme Court Ruling On Female Inheritance by naija4life247: 8:02pm On Apr 13, 2021
Ladycewhy:
Your ancestors that sold their brothers for cowries and mirrors to slave buyers? you meant to say?

Go and read your history books very well, Yoruba warriors travel far into the East to abduct lowlifes and bring them down to Lagos and sell to the white men.
Re: Job, Numbers: Bible Books That Swayed Supreme Court Ruling On Female Inheritance by emonis88: 8:05pm On Apr 13, 2021
Dozis:
I passionately hate this part of Igbo culture as an Igbo man, how can you deny my children their inheritance because they are female, are you mad?? My own inheritance ooo, that's why I will share whatever I have before I go to meet my maker, a Will will suffice and put a stop to the nonsense.
I want two girls and one boy for children, God will give me like that, help me say Amen!!!
so u never born them u come d para before u come pray. Amen sha! but d funniest thing in life is nobody knows tomorrow, if wishes were horses everyone il ride.

Re: Job, Numbers: Bible Books That Swayed Supreme Court Ruling On Female Inheritance by hansomb: 8:39pm On Apr 13, 2021
There are many Igbo customs that need to be destroyed. Another one is that of OSU caste system and many others that I can mention here with due respect.
Re: Job, Numbers: Bible Books That Swayed Supreme Court Ruling On Female Inheritance by Cindy08: 8:56pm On Apr 13, 2021
thatsleepboy1:
okay. I'm back from 1hr ban
lol urs na one hour, mine na one full week ever since I vex comot 3 yrs now am back no vex abeg
Re: Job, Numbers: Bible Books That Swayed Supreme Court Ruling On Female Inheritance by Blackdisciple(m): 9:42pm On Apr 13, 2021
omoh nothing wey dey happen for this live wey no dey Bible.

It baffles me when I hear some culture don't give women their fathers inheritance.
Re: Job, Numbers: Bible Books That Swayed Supreme Court Ruling On Female Inheritance by efficiencie(m): 10:14pm On Apr 13, 2021
JuanDeDios:

Well, some parts of it are. Just like the Quran.

Point those parts out and explain how they are misogynistic!
Re: Job, Numbers: Bible Books That Swayed Supreme Court Ruling On Female Inheritance by Haaj: 10:43pm On Apr 13, 2021
You should be worried that Mary the mother of your god Jesus was married off at the age of 12 to a 90 years old carpenter or better still your worry should be channelled to the age at which the mother of your god Jesus was impregnated by your god Jesus and gave birth to himself ( your god Jesus) who is an indivisible part of the trinity.
Can you tell me the age at which the mother of your god Jesus was impregnated by your god Jesus and gave birth to himself ( jesus) ?

Go and read your Bible and give me the answer.
Morally decripit

TruthHurts1:
This is beautiful from God's Word. Meanwhile some other filthy mindset can only offer child rape to the girl child. With their filthy mindset they use rape as an instrument of religious conversion by abducting little girls and holding them as hostages for refusing to renounce their religion.
Re: Job, Numbers: Bible Books That Swayed Supreme Court Ruling On Female Inheritance by xjiggy: 11:26pm On Apr 13, 2021
KingsCity:
It is actually unacceptable that 5 justices out of which none is Igbo can set aside an Igbo custom
some customs are barbaric and should be set aside. You don't need an ibo man to do it. Mary slessor had to come for the people of calabar to stop killing their twins. The ibos as jews need to obey Biblical pronouncements at all times not only when it suits them
Re: Job, Numbers: Bible Books That Swayed Supreme Court Ruling On Female Inheritance by Angeldemon: 11:40pm On Apr 13, 2021
efficiencie:
...and some ignoramuses will claim that the Bible is misogynistic!

IT IS ALWAYS THOSE FEMINIST THAT HATE THE TEACHING OF THE BIBLE THAT GOES AGAINST THEIR FEMINISM.
FEMINISM WILL SUCCEED WHEN THEY HAVE SUCCEEDED IN DESTROYING CHRISTIANITY WHICH IS THEIR GLOBAL AIM
Re: Job, Numbers: Bible Books That Swayed Supreme Court Ruling On Female Inheritance by jaxxy(m): 12:08am On Apr 14, 2021
chinedu234:
This judgement and the judge sound ridiculous and full of colonial mentality. How is the bible related to igbo customs and traditions? No wonder the same supreme court awarded governorship results to a man that didn't represent any party in the 2019 elections. Did the so called learned justices do a research on the customs and traditions of the people. I don't blame the man. After all the igbos should have insisted on having their matters settled in the manner sharia matters are handled. This may be the eye opener.

The Supreme Court supersedes the sharia if any party isn’t satisfied with the sharia judgement.
Re: Job, Numbers: Bible Books That Swayed Supreme Court Ruling On Female Inheritance by Ladycewhy(f): 12:16am On Apr 14, 2021
naija4life247:

Go and read your history books very well, Yoruba warriors travel far into the East to abduct lowlifes and bring them down to Lagos and sell to the white men.
Assumptions is for fools , why would you automatically assume what part of the country I am from?
Re: Job, Numbers: Bible Books That Swayed Supreme Court Ruling On Female Inheritance by nick50(m): 5:10am On Apr 14, 2021
Dozis:
I passionately hate this part of Igbo culture as an Igbo man, how can you deny my children their inheritance because they are female, are you mad?? My own inheritance ooo, that's why I will share whatever I have before I go to meet my maker, a Will will suffice and put a stop to the nonsense.
I want two girls and one boy for children, God will give me like that, help me say Amen!!!
..the igbo culture didn't say ur female children shouldn't inherit ur wealth n properties it only said ur married female children will be settled once they got married so they won't come back with thier husband/ur in-laws to come n drag ur properties with ur sons/unmarried daughters I think is simple to understand... If ur female children wants to inherit all wealth then they should stay back to bear ur name then take over whatever u left for them
Re: Job, Numbers: Bible Books That Swayed Supreme Court Ruling On Female Inheritance by nick50(m): 5:54am On Apr 14, 2021
AfroKnight:

Why should male children get the lion share?
..cos they are the ones that continued bearing the names of thier ancestors unlike the female child that usually changes her surname after marriage
Re: Job, Numbers: Bible Books That Swayed Supreme Court Ruling On Female Inheritance by Dtruthspeaker: 6:40am On Apr 14, 2021
Haaj:

You should be worried that Mary the mother of your god Jesus was married off at the age of 12 to a 90 years old carpenter or better still your worry should be channelled to the age at which the mother of your god Jesus was impregnated by your god Jesus and gave birth to himself ( your god Jesus) who is an indivisible part of the trinity.
Can you tell me the age at which the mother of your god Jesus was impregnated by your god Jesus and gave birth to himself ( jesus) ?

Morally decripit

Bros, please Do not Insult God because you are offended by the words of a fellow creation.

So you do not need to resort to Lies to use as a weapon to Hurt God simply because you want to kill A supposed follower!
Re: Job, Numbers: Bible Books That Swayed Supreme Court Ruling On Female Inheritance by descarado: 6:51am On Apr 14, 2021
Very useless cultural practice.

Learned people and rich men always add their female kids to their wills.

This one is even better.

Before, when a husband died and still has small boys, na so family members will claim everything.

Happy igbo women fought for their right and are still fighting for more. These days, you own everything jointly with your husband unless you be mumu.

If something happens, everybody still alive is secured.
Re: Job, Numbers: Bible Books That Swayed Supreme Court Ruling On Female Inheritance by descarado: 7:01am On Apr 14, 2021
salt1:

It doesn't really work like that. Igbo men build houses and buy lands and gift their daughters, especially at their wedding. I've seen several cases of that. The only one that may cause some misunderstanding is family house built in the village. You will agree that it will be clumsy for a married daughter to come to her father's house to drag rooms with her brothers, don't you?
The Igbos that I know value both sons and daughters, that's why female literacy rate is very high there.

BTW, don't wait to die before sorting out your assets. Give things to your children when you're alive and well.
You are absolutely right.
Aside their fathers house, all right thinking igbo man always give lots both money and property to their daughters during wedding send forth and subsequently.

And the son in law is like another son of the man.
Believe you me, though it's not part of the will, that man always get what the real sons get on behalf of his wife unless he is bad.

Any family that denies their daughter part of dad's inheritance is one wicked family and should be resisted.

My major problem before was brothers disenfranchising wife of a deceased and her young kids of what belong to her. Very wicked. My town abolished that very long ago before the state judiciary system made that official.

Some archaic and selfish cultural practices must be stopped. Does nobody any good and make our men look very greedy and stupid

1 Like

Re: Job, Numbers: Bible Books That Swayed Supreme Court Ruling On Female Inheritance by TruthHurts1(m): 7:17am On Apr 14, 2021
[img]https://images./2yN90khLIe1ehBF7MQ5b8d.jpg[/img] [img]https://images./6dcW0hZpSwgmzrhiRzU8LN.jpg[/img] [img]https://images./5Jmu4kCjNOCvh23t0PU1YY.jpg[/img]

Haaj:

Morally decripit

Re: Job, Numbers: Bible Books That Swayed Supreme Court Ruling On Female Inheritance by chinedu234(m): 2:18pm On Apr 14, 2021
jaxxy:

The Supreme Court supersedes the sharia if any party isn’t satisfied with the sharia judgement.
The point is that there are judges versed on sharia matters at the supreme court. There is none competent on customary matters.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Yahoo Boys: Pastor David Ibiyeomie Tells Police Stop Collecting Money From Thems / APC Will Rule Nigeria Beyond 2019, Says Guru Maharaj Ji / Man Burns Cross Because He Says Christians Are Worshiping Idols

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.