Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,702 members, 7,809,667 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:47 PM

Does A Nigerian Pastor Truly Need A Private Jet? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Does A Nigerian Pastor Truly Need A Private Jet? (21655 Views)

Chris Okafor Acquires A Private Jet (Photos) / Pastor Adeboye’s $65m Private Jet Parked In Oyedepo’s Hangar In Lagos (Photo) / Why David Ibiyeomie Deserves More Than A Private Jet (picture) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Does A Nigerian Pastor Truly Need A Private Jet? by Toks2008(m): 9:14am On Dec 11, 2016
The issue of money and how its being spent in the body of christ can not just be treated with a kid glove, i have seen numerous xtians who have left the faith cos of money issue. Believe me God is interested in how the church handles the issue of money.

I cant just wrap my brain around the fact that despite the presence of many Jobless youths in the church and members who lack basic needs of life that a pastor will dim it fit to acquire a private jet that cost millions of dollars not forgetting the millions of naira involved in servicing the jet and paying for the parking space.I have come to conclude that pastors who own private jets in Nigeria are materialistic,worldly,callous and highly insensitive to the plights of the members and a total embarrassment to the Christendom.

IF I WERE GOD, NO NIGERIAN PASTOR WHO PURCHASED A JET WILL MAKE IT TO HEAVEN because the primary duty of the church is to fend for the members spiritually and physically with the resources of the church but today we see little or nothing being done to help the church members in need yet many Pastors living large at the expense of the church members which has turned many churches to Business centers rather than worship centers.Isaiah 56:11 They are dogs with mighty appetites; they never have enough. They are shepherds who lack understanding; they all turn to their own way, they seek their own gain.

Well maybe i am just ignorant about the subject matter...but this trend of private jet being owned by "men of God" is worth debating as its a source of concern in the Christian fold,so lets hear your views, in a very civilized manner..Does A Nigerian Pastor Truly Need A Private Jet and where do they get the money to buy it?

19 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Does A Nigerian Pastor Truly Need A Private Jet? by Toks2008(m): 9:20am On Dec 11, 2016
Lalasticlala do you think it makes sense for a Nigerian pastor to own a private jet?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Does A Nigerian Pastor Truly Need A Private Jet? by Lizzyfroshey(f): 9:22am On Dec 11, 2016
Yes/no I'm confused self

2 Likes

Re: Does A Nigerian Pastor Truly Need A Private Jet? by Tolexander: 9:29am On Dec 11, 2016
It is an act of irresponsibility for pastors owning private jet!

Why?

Almost all these pastors use the private jets for their personal business and not the church work.

Most of these jets are registered with the government for religious purpose, whereas these jets are used for other business yielding profit thereby shortchanging the government.

Why do churches even need acquiring liabilities as asset for the founder's luxury when members are suffering!

42 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Does A Nigerian Pastor Truly Need A Private Jet? by Toks2008(m): 9:31am On Dec 11, 2016
Tolexander:
It is an act of irresponsibility for pastors owning private jet!

Why?

Almost these pastors use the private jets for their personal business and not the church work.

LOBATAN!

2 Likes

Re: Does A Nigerian Pastor Truly Need A Private Jet? by orisa37: 9:41am On Dec 11, 2016
Yes. You use your best to serve God. Our God is not wretched.

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Does A Nigerian Pastor Truly Need A Private Jet? by vizkiz: 9:41am On Dec 11, 2016
Poverty mentality.

So it is okay for a millionaire, politician and a musician to have private jets but a pastor is subjected to suffering right?

Serving God doesn't mean you shouldn't enjoy things because the earth is the lord's and the fullness therein

Before most of you (seun inclusive) come to nairaland to type junk maybe you should just take a minute and go through the Bible then read with your IQ (if you have any) not just rush to prove a void point

78 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Does A Nigerian Pastor Truly Need A Private Jet? by randomperson: 9:48am On Dec 11, 2016
Private jets can be necessary... If they are owned by and used for the church it's actually good...

11 Likes

Re: Does A Nigerian Pastor Truly Need A Private Jet? by chuose2: 10:00am On Dec 11, 2016
Good question OP, especially while the congregation is so poor!

Adeboye owns a jet, while many are POOR angry

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Does A Nigerian Pastor Truly Need A Private Jet? by Adaowerri111: 10:00am On Dec 11, 2016
Does your president need a private jet?? If yes ...pastors need more than that, however, not only nigeria pastors have private jet

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Does A Nigerian Pastor Truly Need A Private Jet? by Tolexander: 10:47am On Dec 11, 2016
vizkiz:
Poverty mentality.

So it is okay for a millionaire, politician and a musician to have private jets but a pastor is subjected to suffering right?

Serving God doesn't mean you shouldn't enjoy things because the earth is the lord's and the fullness therein

Before most of you (seun inclusive) come to nairaland to type junk maybe you should just take a minute and go through the Bible then read with your IQ (if you have any) not just rush to prove a void point
millionaires?
Are there jobs/professions/businesses like millionaires?

No politician can afford a private jet without embezzling and siphoning public fund!

Musicians are entertainers who acquire their wealth from pennies of their audiences!

The onus is on you to prove the point enjoying the luxury in serving the Lord at the detriment of the poor congregation!

134 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Does A Nigerian Pastor Truly Need A Private Jet? by Toks2008(m): 10:49am On Dec 11, 2016
vizkiz:
Poverty mentality.

See reasoning...*pukes*

Did you read that question at all?

Comparing pastoral calling to showbiz and politics as well as millionaires...how dumb.

Can you juxtapose how a musician makes his or her money to how the church makes its money?

Is your brain sound enough to understand that churches are not taxed cos they are regarded as non profit organizations?

Do you have the mental capacity to comprehend that church income is mostly from members in terms of various types of giving?

let me leave you to your stpdity.

200 Likes 27 Shares

Re: Does A Nigerian Pastor Truly Need A Private Jet? by Toks2008(m): 10:52am On Dec 11, 2016
Adaowerri111:
Does your president need a private jet?? If yes ...pastors need more than that, however, not only nigeria pastors have private jet

What on earth is wrong with the mindset of our youths?

I'm scared...

77 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Does A Nigerian Pastor Truly Need A Private Jet? by firstking01(m): 11:02am On Dec 11, 2016
Toks2008:
The issue of money and how its being spent in the body of christ can not just be treated with a kid glove, i have seen numerous xtians who have left the faith cos of money issue. Believe me God is interested in how the church handles the issue of money.

I cant just wrap my brain around the fact that despite the presence of many Jobless youths in the church and members who lack basic needs of life that a pastor will dim it fit to acquire a private jet that cost millions not forgetting the millions of naira involved in servicing the jet and paying for the parking space.I have come to conclude that pastors who own private jets in Nigeria are materialistic,worldly,callous and highly insensitive to the plights of the members and a total embarrassment to the Christendom.

IF I WERE GOD, NO NIGERIAN PASTOR WHO PURCHASED A JET WILL MAKE IT TO HEAVEN because the primary duty of the church is to fend for the members spiritually and physically with the resources of the church but today we see little or nothing being done to help the church members in need yet many Pastors living large at the expense of the church members which has turned many churches to Business centers rather than worship centers.

Well maybe i am just ignorant about the subject matter...but this trend of private jet being owned by men of God is worth debating as its a source of concern in the Christian fold,so lets hear your views, in a very civilized manner..Does A Nigerian Pastor Truly Need A Private Jet?
YES...If an ordinary(natural) man needs a jet for his travel comfort i think the clergies should not be left outundecided

7 Likes

Re: Does A Nigerian Pastor Truly Need A Private Jet? by Ranchhoddas: 11:05am On Dec 11, 2016
vizkiz:
Poverty mentality.

Please go back to the children romance section. Thank you!

66 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Does A Nigerian Pastor Truly Need A Private Jet? by Toks2008(m): 11:09am On Dec 11, 2016
firstking01:
YES...If an ordinary(natural) man needs a jet for his travel comfort i think the clergies should not be left outundecided

Lol! see talk...

You guys are still missing it...ordinary man as you call it makes his money through every other way but the church makes its money through the widows mite of the members hence the need to be frugal.

36 Likes 1 Share

Re: Does A Nigerian Pastor Truly Need A Private Jet? by ClassCaptain(m): 11:09am On Dec 11, 2016
This question should be " where is the source of wealth for this Private jets and lavish lifestyle

I know a pastor who was a very successful businessman before he was called to serve in Gods vineyard as a pastor...He passed the business to his brother and earns over 15 million a month from his business every month...

He has since then established various other business like pure water industry, bread and many more ,giving cognizance to his church members first concerning employment and all..

if this pastor buys two private jet, who am.I to condemn him?? after all, I see where he makes most of the money..

But when the main source of wealth is from offerings of men, January fruit, retreat fold money, men fellowship and sweats and labour of members in honour of their God which is expected to be used to further evangelism and winning of souls for Christ is now chanelled into buying roll Royce for the pastor,private jet, Dubai wedding for the man of God in a congregation where an average member cannot afford a three square meal, .....something is Wrong somewhere......

61 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Does A Nigerian Pastor Truly Need A Private Jet? by Toks2008(m): 11:21am On Dec 11, 2016
ClassCaptain:
This question should be " where is the source of wealth for this Private jets and lavish lifestyle

I know a pastor who was a very successful businessman before he was called to serve in Gods vineyard as a pastor...He passed the business to his brother and earns over 15 million a month from his business every month...

He has since then established various other business like pure water industry, bread and many more ,giving cognizance to his church members first concerning employment and all..

if this pastor buys two private jet, who am.I to condemn him?? after all, I see where he makes most of the money..

But when the main source of wealth is from offerings of men, January fruit, retreat fold money, men fellowship and sweats and labour of members in honour of their God which is expected to be used to further evangelism and winning of souls for Christ is now chanelled into buying roll Royce for the pastor,private jet, Dubai wedding for the man of God in a congregation where an average member cannot afford a three square meal, .....something is Wrong somewhere......

Exactly...and the latter is what this thread is all about.

And even if the former can afford a jet...is it not more reasonable to channel the money into the betterment of the members life?

The Nigerian society does not give room for lavish spending which is why I included Nigeria to pass my message.

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Does A Nigerian Pastor Truly Need A Private Jet? by ClassCaptain(m): 11:21am On Dec 11, 2016
it is however worthy of note that most of this expensive cars and private jets used by the men of God are at times bought voluntarily by certain members that believed The prayers of the man of God aided in their success or others who get the money through dubious or ritual process and believe blessing a man of God will rid them of the guilt and sin...

while no one should say the man of God should reject a gift of roll Royce or a private jet.......

4 Likes

Re: Does A Nigerian Pastor Truly Need A Private Jet? by Toks2008(m): 11:27am On Dec 11, 2016
ClassCaptain:

it is however worthy of note that most of this expensive cars and private jets used by the men of God are at times bought voluntarily by certain members that believed The prayers of the man of God aided in their success or others who get the money through dubious or ritual process and believe blessing a man of God will rid them of the guilt and sin...

while no one should say the man of God should reject a gift of roll Royce or a private jet.......

Maybe cats but hardly a private jet..even if that happens it won't be a bad idea to sell it off and put the money into something more beneficial to the church.

14 Likes

Re: Does A Nigerian Pastor Truly Need A Private Jet? by firstking01(m): 12:10pm On Dec 11, 2016
Toks2008:

Lol! see talk...

You guys are still missing it...ordinary man as you call it makes his money through every other way but the church makes its money through the widows mite of the members hence the need to be frugal.
Smh, you are bigger than this ignoranceundecided…for the records i know, all the oyedepos, kumuyis, ibiyieomie of this world has their own lucrative business booming for them, they don't touch God's money that i can vouche forundecided…serve God well He will bless you immensely...people just have this mindset that pastors are poor people, or are supposed to be poor people, utter rubbish...infact pastors are supposed to be the wealthiestundecided, most of their problems are ignorance, some of them see venturing into business as sin thereby missing out in that opportunity to grow financially, this is where oyedepo and the likes are having an edge over other pastors...i 've alot to write but let me hold my peace here...you know i love countering your controversial threads like this oneundecided

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Does A Nigerian Pastor Truly Need A Private Jet? by vizkiz: 12:14pm On Dec 11, 2016
Toks2008:

See reasoning...*pukes*

Did you read that question at all?

Comparing pastoral calling to showbiz and politics as well as millionaires...how dumb.

Can you juxtapose how a musician makes his or her money to how the church makes its money?

Is your brain sound enough to understand that churches are not taxed cos they are regarded as non profit organizations?

Do you have the mental capacity to comprehend that church income is mostly from members in terms of various types of giving?

let me leave you to your stpdity.

Talking about stupidity, do you know about 80% of pastors have what they do to survive apart from their pastoral ministries?
Pastor adeboye was a lecturer who teaches mathematics for example and apart from that they get honorariums whenever they minister in other places.

Sometimes Stupidity is when you talking without thinking...Seems we now know who the stupìd one is between us.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Does A Nigerian Pastor Truly Need A Private Jet? by vizkiz: 12:19pm On Dec 11, 2016
Tolexander:
millionaires?
Are there jobs/professions/businesses like millionaires?

No politician can afford a private jet without embezzling and siphoning public fund!

Musicians are entertainers who acquire their wealth from pennies of their audiences!

The onus is on you to prove the point enjoying the luxury in serving the Lord at the detriment of the poor congregation!

It is funny how you guys always blame the pastor for their "poor congregation" even in a country without Christianity there are poor people around so what exactly is your point?
Well a church provides for the poor (at least those I attended in the) so I don't know where these "poor congratulation" you are talking about are from?

Stop thinking backward boy, use your brain (seems you have 0.01% of it functioning. People who serve God never lack if you are a child of God you will dine with the kings of the world. Don't be misguided and gullible

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Does A Nigerian Pastor Truly Need A Private Jet? by vizkiz: 12:22pm On Dec 11, 2016
Ranchhoddas:
Please go back to the children romance section. Thank you!
Fück off junior the elders are having a discussion for those with working brains

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Does A Nigerian Pastor Truly Need A Private Jet? by Toks2008(m): 12:23pm On Dec 11, 2016
vizkiz:

Talking about stupidity, do you know about 80% of pastors have what they do to survive apart from their pastoral ministries?
Pastor adeboye was a lecturer who teaches mathematics for example and apart from that they get honorariums whenever they minister in other places.

Sometimes Stupidity is when you talking without thinking...Seems we now know who the stupìd one is between us.

I'm so so sorry for ever wasting my mb to respond to you..please forgive me.

46 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Does A Nigerian Pastor Truly Need A Private Jet? by vizkiz: 12:25pm On Dec 11, 2016
Toks2008:

I'm so so sorry for ever wasting my mb to respond to you..please forgive me.

Only cowards run away from the truth because they actually have nothing to prove but fallacies and thoughts which generates from hunger and frustrations.

You are forgiven boy wink

15 Likes

Re: Does A Nigerian Pastor Truly Need A Private Jet? by Toks2008(m): 12:34pm On Dec 11, 2016
Very funny

3 Likes

Re: Does A Nigerian Pastor Truly Need A Private Jet? by EyeHateGod: 12:39pm On Dec 11, 2016
What would Jesus do?
A. Buy Private jet
B. Fly

7 Likes

Re: Does A Nigerian Pastor Truly Need A Private Jet? by Toks2008(m): 12:47pm On Dec 11, 2016
firstking01:
Smh, you are bigger than this ignoranceundecided…for the records i know, all the oyedepos, kumuyis, ibiyieomie of this world has their own lucrative business booming for them, they don't touch God's money that i can vouche forundecided…serve God well He will bless you immensely...people just have this mindset that pastors are poor people, or are supposed to be poor people, utter rubbish...infact pastors are supposed to be the wealthiestundecided, most of their problems are ignorance, some of them see venturing into business as sin thereby missing out in that opportunity to grow financially, this is where oyedepo and the likes are having an edge over other pastors...i 've alot to write but let me hold my peace here...you know i love countering your controversial threads like this oneundecided

This is not about controversy.

I stated that this is up for discussion and if only Seun,lalasticlaka or mynd44 will put this on the main page then we will see broader views.

Some people kept ranting about poverty mentality and I just smh in disbelieve.

You cited oyedepo and co as having their own biz but can you just look down their history and you won't agree less that the rode on the back of church donations to attain their present status.

It's no longer news that a quarter of winners chapel members can't afford the fee of covenant university?

How many church members have their children in that school?

I remember when I was serving some years back when I approached my pastor at one redeem branch to lend me 6k to pay back in a month which was very vital to avoid being sent out of my rented apartment but he said no money and I was sent out anyways and I just wonder if my tithing and offering was worth giving to the church but I just gave to obey God.

Today there are many people in the church who need money to start a biz, for treatment and so on but do these pastors really care?

Do you know how much it costs to maintain a jet?

This thread is about Nigerian pastors cos Nigeria is a peculiar country that has countless people suffering even in the church.

28 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Does A Nigerian Pastor Truly Need A Private Jet? by firstking01(m): 1:04pm On Dec 11, 2016
Toks2008:

This is not about controversy.

I stated that this is up for discussion and if only Seun,lalasticlaka or mynd44 will put this on the main page then we will see broader views.

Some people kept ranting about poverty mentality and I just smh in disbelieve.

You cited oyedepo and co as having their own biz but can you just look down their history and you won't agree less that the rode on the back of church donations to attain their present status.

It's no longer news that a quarter of winners chapel members can't afford the fee of covenant university?

How many church members have their children in that school?

I remember when I was serving in 98 when I approached my pastor at one redeem branch to lend me 6k to pay back in a month which was very vital to avoid being sent out of my rented apartment but he said no money and I was sent out anyways and I just wonder if my tithing and offering was worth giving to the church but I just gave to obey God.

Today there are many people in the church who need money to start a biz, for treatment and so on but do these pastors really care?

Do you know how much it costs to maintain a jet?

This thread is about Nigerian pastors cos Nigeria is a peculiar country that has countless people suffering even in the church.
Talking abt covenant university, if you can't afford the fees, uniport is there, unilag is there, futo is there and others, so, if you can't meet up with the fees go to the other schools...do you know how much it cost to put that school upto that standard?, do you know how much it cos to pay those profs, engineers that teach the students, do you know what it will cost to maintain the school and it's infrastructures?...i 've said this countless times let it be the headache of the people paying the fees and not you...

Well, talking about people in church who need money to start business or whatever, there's such as hospital and welfare department in every church, they should go there and their needs will be met...as far as i know the church is really trying her best...do you know how many scholarships some churches give?, i guess your answer is no...stop castigating men of God...

If only you read about oyedepos history and background you'd be the last person to critisize him...that man suffered, shebi you know?...pls allow him enjoy his wealth.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Does A Nigerian Pastor Truly Need A Private Jet? by Ranchhoddas: 1:20pm On Dec 11, 2016
vizkiz:

Fück off junior the elders are having a discussion for those with working brains
Yimu

3 Likes

Re: Does A Nigerian Pastor Truly Need A Private Jet? by Toks2008(m): 1:48pm On Dec 11, 2016
firstking01:
Talking abt covenant university, if you can't afford the fees, uniport is there, unilag is there, futo is there and others, so, if you can't meet up with the fees go to the other schools...do you know how much it cost to put that school upto that standard?, do you know how much it cos to pay those profs, engineers that teach the students, do you know what it will cost to maintain the school and it's infrastructures?...i 've said this countless times let it be the headache of the people paying the fees and not you...

Well, talking about people in church who need money to start business or whatever, there's such as hospital and welfare department in every church, they should go there and their needs will be met...as far as i know the church is really trying her best...do you know how many scholarships some churches give?, i guess your answer is no...stop castigating men of God...

If only you read about oyedepos history and background you'd be the last person to critisize him...that man suffered, shebi you know?...pls allow him enjoy his wealth.

You are getting it all twisted.

What is my business if a pastors Controll billions?

My point is that no Nigerian pastor has any justifiable reason to buy a private jet when there are countless members in one genuine need or the other.

The bible says "the poor we will always have among us" Mathew 26:11
but the fact remains that most churches have non functioning welfare department...pure charade.

If we refuse to voice out then things will get worse...look at the molly wood veteran that just had his leg amputated...are you saying that none of the churches are aware of his plight?

please bro let's condemn what needs to and stop acting as if all is well...95% of Nigerian pastors are con men parading as men of GOD...shrewd business men on the pulpit.

7 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Oyedepo's Slap Suit Goes To Appeal Court / Is There Anything Like Generational Curse? / Adeboye Ordains 12,811 Deacons And Deaconesses, 4,060 Assistant Pastors (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 97
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.