Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,839 members, 7,810,231 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:12 AM

Southwest PDP Congress: Was Tinubu And APC Sold A Dummy? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Southwest PDP Congress: Was Tinubu And APC Sold A Dummy? (1590 Views)

Makinde Not Southwest PDP Leader - Ondo Chieftains / 2019:fayose Receives Atiku At Akure Airport For Southwest Pdp Campaign(photos) / Fresh Crisis In Southwest PDP Over Kashamu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Southwest PDP Congress: Was Tinubu And APC Sold A Dummy? by Penguin2: 12:39pm On Apr 13, 2021
Prior to yesterday’s zonal congress of Southwest PDP, enemies of the party had thought the doomsday had come for the party in the region.

I’m sure they were waiting to hear how thugs destabilized the congress, scattered ballot boxes and injured delegates or even killed some. They must have expected to hear how the party has irredeemably balkanized into splinter groups with one group decamping to APC the next day.

But alas, at the venue of the congress, all swords were sheath. And warring factions harmonized to elect leaders of the party in the region with losers accepting defeat and victors promising to be magnanimous in victory. The end result is that PDP emerged from the congress a more United party unified to pursue a common purpose.

Now, why do I think Tinubu and APC may have been sold a dummy? It’s simple. We all know how politics is played down here with opposing parties trying to infiltrate rival party and cause divisions and schisms.

If anything, we still remember how APC sent agent Alimodu Sheriff to bury the PDP if not for Walter Onnoghen.

Now, had the Southwest PDP not pretended to be a house in disarray, opposition parties, APC to be precise, would have plotted to infiltrate it and cause divisions. But seeing the PDP in the region supposedly in already fragmented, APC must have been of the thinking that there was no need trying divide an already divided house. So they chose rather, to lurk around and be the beneficiary of the schism they believed the regional congress would have created.

Most recently, press releases and counter press releases flew around with Seyi Makinde threatening brimstone and fire while the congress of PDP chairmen berated Makinde and informed him he was free to defect if he so wanted.

But all was a dummy.

Now Fayose has accepted Makinde as PDP leader in the Southwest. And we all know that Makinde is ferociously against Tinubu and his sycophantic followers.

So it’s obvious even the Southwest Tinubu hoped on is now tentative.

PDP on the rise again!

Nigeria will defeat its enemies.

Viva PDP!

Viva Nigeria!

Atiku/Obi2023

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Southwest PDP Congress: Was Tinubu And APC Sold A Dummy? by UAE123(m): 12:54pm On Apr 13, 2021
Even if a lot of us don't like the government of the day I still feel we should not indirectly show to the world that this is the person or candidate we fear most. Many a times when I come online to read news from PDP supporters it is mainly directed at Tinubu and I keep asking the question" Are the supporters afraid of him or they believe he will win if he decided to contest the election. PDP supporters should start marketing PDP members and pay less attention to tinubu

3 Likes

Re: Southwest PDP Congress: Was Tinubu And APC Sold A Dummy? by Penguin2: 12:59pm On Apr 13, 2021
UAE123:
Even if a lot of us don't like the government of the day I still feel we should not indirectly show to the world that this is the person or candidate we fear most. Many a times when I come online to read news from PDP supporters it is mainly directed at Tinubu and I keep asking the question" Are the supporters afraid of him or they believe he will win if he decided to contest the election. PDP supporters should start marketing PDP members and pay less attention to tinubu

We need to denigrate Tinubu now there’s time to avoid a repeat of the Buhari disaster we have at hand now.

This is how we warned about Buhari.

We are doing so about Tinubu now.

Let the world hear our voices in time.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Southwest PDP Congress: Was Tinubu And APC Sold A Dummy? by topsyn03(m): 1:04pm On Apr 13, 2021
Penguin2:
Prior to yesterday’s zonal congress of Southwest PDP, enemies of the party had thought the doomsday had come for the party in the region.

I’m sure they were waiting to hear how thugs destabilized the congress, scattered ballot boxes and injured delegates or even killed some. They must have expected to hear how the party has irredeemably balkanized into splinter groups with one group decamping to APC the next day.

But alas, at the venue of the congress, all swords were sheath. And warring factions harmonized to elect leaders of the party in the region with losers accepting defeat and victors promising to be magnanimous in victory. The end result is that PDP emerged from the congress a more United party unified to pursue a common purpose.

Now, why do I think Tinubu and APC may have been sold a dummy? It’s simple. We all know how politics is played down here with opposing parties trying to infiltrate rival party and cause divisions and schisms.

If anything, we still remember how APC sent agent Alimodu Sheriff to bury the PDP if not for Walter Onnoghen.

Now, had the Southwest PDP not pretended to be a house in disarray, opposition parties, APC to be precise, would have plotted to infiltrate it and cause divisions. But seeing the PDP in the region supposedly in already fragmented, APC must have been of the thinking that there was no need trying divide an already divided house. So they chose rather, to lurk around and be the beneficiary of the schism they believed the regional congress would have created.

Most recently, press releases and counter press releases flew around with Seyi Makinde threatening brimstone and fire while the congress of PDP chairmen berated Makinde and informed him he was free to defect if he so wanted.

But all was a dummy.

Now Fayose has accepted Makinde as PDP leader in the Southwest. And we all know that Makinde is ferociously against Tinubu and his sycophantic followers.

So it’s obvious even the Southwest Tinubu hoped on is now tentative.

PDP on the rise again!

Nigeria will defeat its enemies.

Viva PDP!

Viva Nigeria!

Atiku/Obi2023
Atiku/Obi set of failure. Produce those candidate, PDP will still fail.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Southwest PDP Congress: Was Tinubu And APC Sold A Dummy? by techmo(m): 1:26pm On Apr 13, 2021
What's Tinubu's business with mere PDP's Congress

BAT 2023

SWAGA 2023

2 Likes

Re: Southwest PDP Congress: Was Tinubu And APC Sold A Dummy? by Solsix(m): 1:48pm On Apr 13, 2021
Penguin2:

We need to denigrate Tinubu now there’s time to avoid a repeat of the Buhari disaster we have at hand now.

Will they listen ?? NO. If SW is projecting osibanjo igbos and other well meaning Nigerians will align with them

2 Likes

Re: Southwest PDP Congress: Was Tinubu And APC Sold A Dummy? by duro4chang(m): 2:02pm On Apr 13, 2021
As if everything about politics in Nigeria is about Tinubu.

1 Like

Re: Southwest PDP Congress: Was Tinubu And APC Sold A Dummy? by Addme: 2:42pm On Apr 13, 2021
Penguin2:

Ok, let's assume you want to demarket Tinubu, so who are you marketing, let's know at least vis-a-vis Tinubu.

1 Like

Re: Southwest PDP Congress: Was Tinubu And APC Sold A Dummy? by Letthrmsay(m): 4:26pm On Apr 13, 2021
UAE123:

Oil deh your head,I tire for them ,they are making the man popular with their daily rant.

1 Like

Re: Southwest PDP Congress: Was Tinubu And APC Sold A Dummy? by LegendHero(m): 6:48pm On Apr 13, 2021
Solsix:

Will they listen ?? NO. If SW is projecting osibanjo igbos and other well meaning Nigerians will align with them

Lol.

SE support Osinbajo?

1 Like

Re: Southwest PDP Congress: Was Tinubu And APC Sold A Dummy? by danilmo: 7:32pm On Apr 13, 2021
I don't think op stays in SW , op literarily don't know how BAT got SW in bloc.. Even on the so called OYO will not avoid BAT for ur far away atiku/obi.... See failure already..

Of all people makinde is now the threat, guy ure deluded..

Ask what happened in Ondo state election how many LGA PDP won..u think SW APC are there to joke right?? Mtcheew..

Meanwhile Fayose still get more charisma than Makinde rule.. Forget how fayose allowed makinde, he just accepted defeat to watch makinde sinking the party finally.

Op is ipob..

(1) (Reply)

Nnamdi Kanu: We Cannot Release Him, Let Him Account For His Actions - Buhari / Obasanjo Declared To Support The Presidency Of Ahmed Bola Tinubu Come 2023 / IPOB Is Now Sitting At Home Out Of Shame.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.