Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,507 members, 7,816,230 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:03 AM

Is My Cousin Entering A Trap? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Is My Cousin Entering A Trap? (1491 Views)

I've Never Seen A Girl As Dirty As My Cousin Sister / I Feel Depressed! My Cousin Beat Me Because Of N100 Biscuit / How Do I Ask My Cousin To Leave My House? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is My Cousin Entering A Trap? by deltateam: 7:14pm On Apr 13, 2021
I have heard so many gory tales about Mbaise men and hence this question.

It's often said that:" If you see a snake and an Mbaise man, leave the snake and kill the Mbaise man." Could this be attributed to their cunningness or hot tempered nature.

Anyway as if it isn't bad enough, the man is jobless and looking up to my cousin for financial assistance as regards marrying her.

When I analyzed the situation, it left sand in my mouth and so I decided to table the matters before the elders of our land.

What are your views?
Re: Is My Cousin Entering A Trap? by chatinent: 7:19pm On Apr 13, 2021
Whether male or female, don't you ever marry a jobless person.

...unless you want to understand the real meaning behind the “so help me God” in end of the national pledge.

2 Likes

Re: Is My Cousin Entering A Trap? by frozen70(f): 9:42pm On Apr 13, 2021
deltateam:
I have heard so many gory tales about Mbaise men and hence this question.

It's often said that:" If you see a snake and an Mbaise man, leave the snake and kill the Mbaise man." Could this be attributed to their cunningness or hot tempered nature.

Anyway as if it isn't bad enough, the man is jobless and looking up to my cousin for financial assistance as regards marrying her.

When I analyzed the situation, it left sand in my mouth and so I decided to table the matters before the elders of our land.

What are your views?

If she is desperate for marriage she will fall into the wrong hand
Re: Is My Cousin Entering A Trap? by Nobody: 12:13am On Apr 14, 2021
It reminds me of rgmh song one uncle used to sing when I was a little girl.

Okpara ekwensu Wu onyen mbaise.

I don't know much about mbaise people but what's your cousin thinking trying to marry a man without job? No nau.
Re: Is My Cousin Entering A Trap? by ThiagoKid(m): 12:22am On Apr 14, 2021
...and a man can marry a woman without a job embarassed
Re: Is My Cousin Entering A Trap? by SeaTrade(m): 1:08am On Apr 14, 2021
It's not a tribe thing ,its about the person involved.
Let her do her due diligence and proceed according to her findings about the person.
Re: Is My Cousin Entering A Trap? by LadySarah: 12:10pm On Apr 14, 2021
Its not an Mbaise thing even though i'm not from there.Theres a diary with an M moniker.It will be ur cousins story very soon .The man will blame her for his failures,get jealous and try to pull her down.I wwish he'd start up something first before this marriage.

He'll also easily read meaning to her words and cite disrespect because of ' her money',when she asks questions.

ppl can be very humble and loving when money isnt there.Its a bad time to deduce who someone is.

1 Like

Re: Is My Cousin Entering A Trap? by sisisioge: 12:37pm On Apr 14, 2021
LadySarah:
Its not an Mbaise thing even though i'm not from there.Theres a diary with an M moniker.It will be ur cousins story very soon .The man will blame her for his failures,get jealous and try to pull her down.I wwish he'd start up something first before this marriage.

He'll also easily read meaning to her words and cite disrespect because of ' her money',when she asks questions.

ppl can be very humble and loving when money isnt there.Its a bad time to deduce who someone is.

Aunty, you just lead me to read an interesting gist in the diary section. Mamatw is trying o. The husband no well at all....dont call me amebo. Na you give free referral tongue.
Re: Is My Cousin Entering A Trap? by LadySarah: 12:44pm On Apr 14, 2021
sisisioge:

Aunty, you just lead me to read an interesting gist in the diary section. Mamatw is trying o. The husband no well at all....dont call me amebo. Na you give free referral tongue.

Its what alot of women are goi g through in marriage but ppl wont understand.Fact is the woman will be blamed at all times by both sexes.

btw,i didnt see ur own suggestion.
Re: Is My Cousin Entering A Trap? by sisisioge: 12:50pm On Apr 14, 2021
LadySarah:

Its what alot of women are goi g through in marriage but ppl wont understand.Fact is the woman will be blamed at all times by both sexes.

btw,i didnt see ur own suggestion.

You are right fa.

About my suggestion, I wondered what kind of drugs the bride to be is on to even think she wants to foot the bill of their wedding plus the marriage to come. But everyone already echoed my thought. Let the guy take the feed feedforward. For some men, their major achievement is being born a Male...nothing more! It is well.
Re: Is My Cousin Entering A Trap? by Nobody: 12:52pm On Apr 14, 2021
Lord, Av Messi.
Re: Is My Cousin Entering A Trap? by Nobody: 2:27pm On Apr 14, 2021
Truvel:
Lord, Av Messi.
Abeg u we still need Messi for field oo
Re: Is My Cousin Entering A Trap? by SweetCunt97(f): 2:47pm On Apr 14, 2021
ThiagoKid:
...and a man can marry a woman without a job embarassed
Yes cos she's not d bread winner.
Re: Is My Cousin Entering A Trap? by Nobody: 2:48pm On Apr 14, 2021
dairykidd:
Abeg u we still need Messi for field oo
Lol.
Re: Is My Cousin Entering A Trap? by Richy4(m): 3:19pm On Apr 14, 2021
My problem is not about your sister's decision... It's about you painting every Mbaise men with the same brush... and doing so has never been nice in any portrait(s)...A jobless man with determination can still be gainfully employed...He can still own a business and even become an employer of labour if he got purpose...

It's not always Ok to look at short term...In this life, I have learned never to write someone off or dismiss someone because he is down... He may be down at the moment but he is not out...,

I wish that one day, you would learn that in your lifetime... U made it look like Unemployment is leprosy...

(1) (Reply)

Is It Ok To Ask For Your Wedding Ring Back After Divorce? / Please I Need Your Advise / Am In Tears Avised Needed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.