Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,961 members, 7,952,872 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 06:22 AM

That Name You Would Never Name Your Child - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / That Name You Would Never Name Your Child (2102 Views)

How To Prevent Your Child From Getting Killed By Your Car / 7 Questions To Ask Yourself Before Getting Your Child A Home Tutor / Child Naming: Will Your Child Bear Your Name, Dad's Name Or Family Name? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: That Name You Would Never Name Your Child by mariahAngel(f): 7:55pm On Apr 14, 2021
kunkelhanspeter:

Which one be no born for lack?

As you wan name your baby girl Obianuju na... cheesy

2 Likes

Re: That Name You Would Never Name Your Child by maureensylvia(f): 8:22pm On Apr 14, 2021
Chikaodili
Uchechukwu

1 Like

Re: That Name You Would Never Name Your Child by HillaryNelo(m): 8:46pm On Apr 14, 2021
Sunday mmesoma chinedu moses princewill

1 Like

Re: That Name You Would Never Name Your Child by sisisioge: 10:20pm On Apr 14, 2021
Mercy
Blessing
Wisdom
Blossom
Praise
Hallelujah
ThankGod
Excel
Excite
Adorable
Beauty
Finest
Mine
Joy
Gold
Angel
Precious
Gift
Clentus and all the tus names
Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday,Sunday.

However, I can name my children the traditional translation of the names. Eg,
Laraba (Wednesday in Hausa)
Sewa(Beauty in Yoruba)
Wura(Gold in Yoruba)
Nkem(Mine in Igbo)

3 Likes

Re: That Name You Would Never Name Your Child by 77star: 4:19pm On Jun 14, 2021
Taofeeka angry

Muneerah angry

Chinyere angry

Morenikeji angry

Kalu angry

Yakubu angry

Ighalo angry

Kabeera angry

angry

Buhari angry angry angry angry angry

And Nigeria angry

Slawormiir angry

Or

NwaAmaikpe angry

1 Like

Re: That Name You Would Never Name Your Child by Nobody: 7:14pm On Jun 14, 2021
prince2pac:
Obinna
Sandra
Jennifer
Cynthia
Chioma

Still thinking
Those are nice names fgs

1 Like

Re: That Name You Would Never Name Your Child by esthel(f): 7:30pm On Jun 14, 2021
Glingoly bawo cheesy cheesy
ItsGoodToBeGood:
Olanike

Olaniyi

Ramotu

Gregory abi Glingoly

Ekwutos

Ignitius

1 Like

Re: That Name You Would Never Name Your Child by Lamanii22(f): 12:21am On Jun 17, 2021
Jelili is the name

After watching the Movie Jelili.
I'm certain it has a beautiful meaning.

Please, check my signature

Fr mehn... That name is a no-no
Re: That Name You Would Never Name Your Child by Lamanii22(f): 12:24am On Jun 17, 2021
Magnoliaa:
Plenty:
Esther
Favour
Blessing
Sarah
Mercy
Zainab
Deborah
Ola
Ayo
Even David*, lol.

The only reason for these? They are TOO common they've lost any distinctiveness. No offense to those who bear the names. 9 out of 10 different girls(or boys) have these names.

So truee... I agree with you.... Those names are way too common...
Re: That Name You Would Never Name Your Child by Lamanii22(f): 12:24am On Jun 17, 2021
SimplyFacts:
I can't name my child Lucky

We grew up to hear many ekuke (local dogs) in our neighborhood being called the name angry

Apology to those who bear the name.

grin grin grin apologies to anyone named "lucky"

1 Like

Re: That Name You Would Never Name Your Child by Lamanii22(f): 12:29am On Jun 17, 2021
Pierocash:
Abosede is not a Muslim name. Born on weekend,that is the meaning of Abosede

I know right .. you know I had my baby on a Sunday so my father-in-law included that name... I was maddddd.... But no choice... He now even put the name at the top... I had to tell him kindly that the name should be called last.... We didn't even bother to add "abosede" on the day of dedication too.... After all the pain in the labour room is it now bose my daughter deserves? Loool.... Ha! Ka ma ri! (We shouldn't see)...
Re: That Name You Would Never Name Your Child by Lamanii22(f): 12:30am On Jun 17, 2021
i926:

Some parents can be annoying when naming their babies. What is Monday? grin

grin grin grin grin
Re: That Name You Would Never Name Your Child by Pierocash(m): 7:10am On Jun 17, 2021
Lamanii22:

I know right .. you know I had my baby on a Sunday so my father-in-law included that name... I was maddddd.... But no choice... He now even put the name at the top... I had to tell him kindly that the name should be called last.... We didn't even bother to add "abosede" on the day of dedication too.... After all the pain in the labour room is it now bose my daughter deserves? Loool.... Ha! Ka ma ri! (We shouldn't see)...
lol.

My younger sisters name is Abosede. She is doing fine,it removed nothing from her.

1 Like

Re: That Name You Would Never Name Your Child by Dbrawllm0098(f): 9:53am On Oct 24, 2021
endurance
Re: That Name You Would Never Name Your Child by Jesuisbelle(f): 10:04am On Oct 24, 2021
Endurance,hope, Edward, Edmund, patience,

(1) (2) (Reply)

Where Can I Do Money Ritual! Please Help / Relocation Sales / Are Working Women Bad Mothers?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.