Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,457 members, 7,816,077 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:38 AM

Vivo Phones Catches Fire, Banned On Flights.... - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Vivo Phones Catches Fire, Banned On Flights.... (2238 Views)

Cheapest Vivo Phones In NG & Prices / Nobody's Talking About VIVO PHONES On Nairaland. Why?? / Is This Normal In Vivo Phones? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Vivo Phones Catches Fire, Banned On Flights.... by Lexusgs430: 8:12am On Apr 14, 2021
https://www.androidauthority.com/vivo-airport-cargo-fire-ban-1216926/

All of you seeking bigger batteries, i hope you all have fire extinguishers on standby.......

I am happy with my 3300mah device..... Not ready to become a living BBQ beef........ grin

4 Likes

Re: Vivo Phones Catches Fire, Banned On Flights.... by abatically(m): 8:42am On Apr 14, 2021
3,300mah is too small for this age na Bros. I don't think battery size is an issue. What worries me more is the rate at which phones charge these days. The vivo 1Q007 has a 120w charging capability for it's 4,000mah battery. 0-100 in 18 mins, that's crazy and can get the phone really hot up to the point of exploding while charging. Xiaomi also added 120w charging to their mi 10 ultra, but they decided to take the foot off the gas with the new mi 11 ultra by making it 67w.

There is a reason samsung still sticks with 25w charging. Once bitten twice shy, the case or the note 7 is still fresh in our memory.

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Vivo Phones Catches Fire, Banned On Flights.... by Nobody: 11:28am On Apr 14, 2021
abatically:
3,300mah is too small for this age na Bros. I don't think battery size is an issue. What worries me more is the rate at which phones charge these days. The vivo 1Q007 has a 120w charging capability for it's 4,000mah battery. 0-100 in 18 mins, that's crazy and can get the phone 43ally hot up to the point of exploding while charging. Xiami also added 120w charging to their mi 10 ultra, but they decided to take the foot off the gas with the new mi 11 ultra by making it 67w.

There is a reason samsung still sticks with 25w charging. Once bitten twice shy, the case or the note 7 is still fresh in our memory.
this is d truth
u nailed it bruh

5 Likes

Re: Vivo Phones Catches Fire, Banned On Flights.... by Petyr1: 12:58pm On Apr 14, 2021
abatically:
3,300mah is too small for this age na Bros. I don't think battery size is an issue. What worries me more is the rate at which phones charge these days. The vivo 1Q007 has a 120w charging capability for it's 4,000mah battery. 0-100 in 18 mins, that's crazy and can get the phone 43ally hot up to the point of exploding while charging. Xiami also added 120w charging to their mi 10 ultra, but they decided to take the foot off the gas with the new mi 11 ultra by making it 67w.

more wisdom

3 Likes

Re: Vivo Phones Catches Fire, Banned On Flights.... by Palmerbarry: 1:04pm On Apr 14, 2021
abatically:

Galaxy S21 Ultra can charge up-to 45W

1 Like

Re: Vivo Phones Catches Fire, Banned On Flights.... by Nobody: 1:39pm On Apr 14, 2021
I use 2500mah and my phone hardly goes off
Re: Vivo Phones Catches Fire, Banned On Flights.... by Lexusgs430: 1:45pm On Apr 14, 2021
abatically:
3,300mah is too small for this age na Bros. I don't think battery size is an issue. What worries me more is the rate at which phones charge these days. The vivo 1Q007 has a 120w charging capability for it's 4,000mah battery. 0-100 in 18 mins, that's crazy and can get the phone really hot up to the point of exploding while charging. Xiaomi also added 120w charging to their mi 10 ultra, but they decided to take the foot off the gas with the new mi 11 ultra by making it 67w.

When charging your phone is not a problem........ You would not be worried about 3300mah......

Nah NEPA (àbí nah DISCO), do us so........ cheesy

5 Likes

Re: Vivo Phones Catches Fire, Banned On Flights.... by Lexusgs430: 1:46pm On Apr 14, 2021
OJay360:

Tell them ó.....
cheesy
Re: Vivo Phones Catches Fire, Banned On Flights.... by Nobody: 1:49pm On Apr 14, 2021
Lexusgs430:

Tell them ó..... cheesy
Lol, they should tell their government to give them light
Re: Vivo Phones Catches Fire, Banned On Flights.... by Lexusgs430: 1:51pm On Apr 14, 2021
OJay360:
Lol, they should tell their government to give them light

You can see, even twitter too took cover...... They dodged a bullet......... grin

1 Like

Re: Vivo Phones Catches Fire, Banned On Flights.... by Nobody: 1:53pm On Apr 14, 2021
Lexusgs430:

You can see, even twitter too took cover...... They dodged a bullet......... grin
True bro, that's definitely one of the reasons...in fact it may be the main reason because they can't be paying huge NEPA bills and still spend huge on diesel...and Ghana has steady electricity..so

1 Like

Re: Vivo Phones Catches Fire, Banned On Flights.... by abatically(m): 1:55pm On Apr 14, 2021
Palmerbarry:

Galaxy S21 Ultra can charge up-to 45W

I thought it's 25w

Re: Vivo Phones Catches Fire, Banned On Flights.... by DONFRANSKID(m): 6:21pm On Apr 14, 2021
fast charging technology degrades battery life
Re: Vivo Phones Catches Fire, Banned On Flights.... by HONESTFACT101(m): 9:33pm On Apr 14, 2021
if there is 24hrs electricity why have 5000mah 2000 will be enough......signing out
Re: Vivo Phones Catches Fire, Banned On Flights.... by NiklauseFred(m): 9:40pm On Apr 14, 2021
OJay360:

You may not actually be a heavy user or there's constant power around you. cool

1 Like

Re: Vivo Phones Catches Fire, Banned On Flights.... by abatically(m): 9:59pm On Apr 14, 2021
HONESTFACT101:
if there is 24hrs electricity why have 5000mah 2000 will be enough......signing out

If it work or normal day's routine requires u to be away from a power source for an extended period of time then 2,000mah is not enough even if u have 24 hrs power supply Not everyone likes to walk around with a charger or power bank. There is no mid range - high end android phones sold in the current world with less than 3,500mah battery (expect some special phones like the galaxy z flip and that's due to their form factor). Those phones are mostly sold in countries that have 24 hrs power supply and yet they don't put batteries that are less than 3,500mah

1 Like

Re: Vivo Phones Catches Fire, Banned On Flights.... by Lexusgs430: 10:55pm On Apr 14, 2021
abatically:

If it work or normal day's routine requires u to be away from a power source for an extended period of time then 2,000mah is not enough even if u have 24 hrs power supply Not everyone likes to walk around with a charger or power bank. There is no mid range - high end android phones sold in the current world with less than 3,500mah battery (expect some special phones like the galaxy z flip and that's due to their form factor). Those phones are mostly sold in countries that have 24 hrs power supply and yet they don't put batteries that are less than 3,500mah

I use a Samsung Z flip and 3300mah, is more than adequate......

Remember, I can also charge it in my car......... grin

1 Like

Re: Vivo Phones Catches Fire, Banned On Flights.... by Lexusgs430: 10:56pm On Apr 14, 2021
HONESTFACT101:

Absolutely......... tongue
Re: Vivo Phones Catches Fire, Banned On Flights.... by Palmerbarry: 11:51pm On Apr 14, 2021
abatically:

I thought it's 25w
Oops you're right, boss.
The S20 ultra had the 45w charging instead.
Re: Vivo Phones Catches Fire, Banned On Flights.... by MASTAkiLLAh(m): 3:12am On Apr 15, 2021
DONFRANSKID:
fast charging technology degrades battery life
wrong
Re: Vivo Phones Catches Fire, Banned On Flights.... by hoilakes(m): 3:24pm On Apr 15, 2021
Lol... this is serious o

When they ask them to buy a good phone they will be shouting high end

Which one is low-end?

ALL IS WELL!
Re: Vivo Phones Catches Fire, Banned On Flights.... by SILENTandSMART2: 4:17pm On Apr 15, 2021
Firstly the bigger the battery doesn't mean say your phone will last longer , the operating system , chipset etc play more roles in battery life ,

For example snapdragon 720g on 5000ma battery will last longer than g90t on 5000ma because it has advanced way of preserving and great cooling system , even most of iphones are less dan 3000ma and they always last longer .

Moreover if you dey better area 1000ma is enough cheesy but niger dey do us bad cheesy

On the issue if fast charge those phone company are crazy cheesy , imagine 120 watt fast charger cheesy it forces electron to the negative side of the battery at a faster rates , it's not good for battery , 30 watt is okay biko cheesy wink .

3 Likes

Re: Vivo Phones Catches Fire, Banned On Flights.... by FirstSon01: 7:52am On Jul 06, 2021
SILENTandSMART2:
Firstly the bigger the battery doesn't mean say your phone will last longer , the operating system , chipset etc play more roles in battery life ,

For example snapdragon 720g on 5000ma battery will last longer than g90t on 5000ma because it has advanced way of preserving and great cooling system , even most of iphones are less dan 3000ma and they always last longer .

Moreover if you dey better area 1000ma is enough cheesy but niger dey do us bad cheesy

On the issue if fast charge those phone company are crazy cheesy , imagine 120 watt fast charger cheesy it forces electron to the negative side of the battery at a faster rates , it's not good for battery , 30 watt is okay biko cheesy wink .

True
Re: Vivo Phones Catches Fire, Banned On Flights.... by SILENTandSMART2: 1:16pm On Jul 06, 2021
FirstSon01:

True

Yes sir.....✊
Re: Vivo Phones Catches Fire, Banned On Flights.... by thepoweruser(m): 3:41pm On Jul 06, 2021
At this point I just can't help but say something.

Fast charging (even up to 700W) is not the problem per se. Heat is the bone of contention. Many of you here have laptops that can charge close to 100W. Why, then, haven't they caught fire yet or experienced extreme battery degradation? Simple: HEAT. The problem is not the high charging wattage; it is the fact that heat is being produced and that heat is not being properly dissipated to keep up with the heat being produced. Even if your device charges at 18W, if too much heat is produced, you have a risk of overheating; then an explosion and fire.

What causes batteries to explode? Poor quality control; foreign object damage; extreme external pressures and operating temperatures (don't ever charge your phone in the car with the windows rolled up on a hot sunny day); overheating while charging and foolish design choices (hi, Galaxy Note 7 for trying to cram a big battery into a cramped space).

Me, I'd take big batteries all day, all week, all month, year round... until true graphene batteries or solid-state batteries or lithium sulphide batteries or just any better material with superior energy density and stability at higher temperatures become viable.

Anyway, that's just me being a power user. cool
Re: Vivo Phones Catches Fire, Banned On Flights.... by Yourfav: 9:54am On Jul 07, 2021
Wetin dey occur, last month it was a xiaomi catching fire and almost killing the owner. Omo
Re: Vivo Phones Catches Fire, Banned On Flights.... by YangaBabe: 6:45pm On Jul 14, 2021
This is what my Camon device will never do
Re: Vivo Phones Catches Fire, Banned On Flights.... by YangaBabe: 6:46pm On Jul 14, 2021
Yourfav:
Wetin dey occur, last month it was a xiaomi catching fire and almost killing the owner. Omo
I dey tell you, thank God I haven't heard of any TECNO phone exploding before
Re: Vivo Phones Catches Fire, Banned On Flights.... by Lexusgs430: 7:12pm On Jul 14, 2021
YangaBabe:

Are you really sure about this........ cheesy
Re: Vivo Phones Catches Fire, Banned On Flights.... by Shuregirl: 9:35pm On Jul 15, 2021
This thing isn't funny o, if xiaomi no explode, vivo go explode
Re: Vivo Phones Catches Fire, Banned On Flights.... by Freelancerx: 10:13pm On Jul 17, 2021
Never heard it
YangaBabe:
Re: Vivo Phones Catches Fire, Banned On Flights.... by YangaBabe: 7:53pm On Jul 30, 2021
Lexusgs430:

Are you really sure about this........ cheesy
yes, never heard of any TECNO phone exploding before

(1) (2) (Reply)

60K Mad Phone Needed URGENTLY!!! / Poco X3 GT Or One+ Nord? / Help On Nokia E72 Camera

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.