Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,532 members, 7,823,315 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 08:35 AM

Federal Allocation: Why Obaseki’s Revelation Should Worry Us All - Oke Umurhohwo - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Federal Allocation: Why Obaseki’s Revelation Should Worry Us All - Oke Umurhohwo (17943 Views)

10 Nigerian States That Can't Survive Without Federal Allocation - TheCableIndex / Nigerian Federal Allocation In Colonial Period (Photo) / List Of States That Can Survive Without Federal Allocation By BudgIT (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Federal Allocation: Why Obaseki’s Revelation Should Worry Us All - Oke Umurhohwo by OnyeOlokoro(m): 10:14am On Apr 14, 2021
The type of myopic brains in CBN is a reason to worry.
the worst CBN so far
Re: Federal Allocation: Why Obaseki’s Revelation Should Worry Us All - Oke Umurhohwo by rummmy: 10:15am On Apr 14, 2021
Bubu have finished us,infact he have mortgaged our future generations
Re: Federal Allocation: Why Obaseki’s Revelation Should Worry Us All - Oke Umurhohwo by Duplexxx: 10:16am On Apr 14, 2021
Not me

2 Likes

Re: Federal Allocation: Why Obaseki’s Revelation Should Worry Us All - Oke Umurhohwo by jaxxy(m): 10:19am On Apr 14, 2021
Antoeni:
The Present CBN Governor, Is The Most Dullest of All CBN Governors to Have Emerge .
Charles Soludo I hail Ooo

That’s just it. He’s not guiding policies for economic growth. Just playing with foreign exchange rate for personal and private reasons and preventing the economy from failing apart bt not fixing anything.

5 Likes

Re: Federal Allocation: Why Obaseki’s Revelation Should Worry Us All - Oke Umurhohwo by ogub(m): 10:20am On Apr 14, 2021
Our Redemption comes the time we begin to tell ourselves the truth.

3 Likes

Re: Federal Allocation: Why Obaseki’s Revelation Should Worry Us All - Oke Umurhohwo by Bwilliam(m): 10:20am On Apr 14, 2021
My mum will always say
"let those who claim it's their birth right to rule continue ruling, surely one day they'll run this country into the ground, and then everybody's eye will open"

What my people saw years back is what some people are waking up to. To them we extend the same greeting a certain SOMEONE said to KEN SAROWIW, Good Morning.
Re: Federal Allocation: Why Obaseki’s Revelation Should Worry Us All - Oke Umurhohwo by ossaiii: 10:24am On Apr 14, 2021
Hello, good morning. I have replied your mail.

Someone7:
It's worrying but not surprising. With the blockheads in charge of our economy. This is EXACTLY what Robert Mugabe used to do in Zimbabwe that brought about their hyperinflation.

We are watching
Re: Federal Allocation: Why Obaseki’s Revelation Should Worry Us All - Oke Umurhohwo by Account720: 10:26am On Apr 14, 2021
It's well
Re: Federal Allocation: Why Obaseki’s Revelation Should Worry Us All - Oke Umurhohwo by Account720: 10:27am On Apr 14, 2021
True 100%
Re: Federal Allocation: Why Obaseki’s Revelation Should Worry Us All - Oke Umurhohwo by nnamdi640: 10:27am On Apr 14, 2021
That is what you get when you elect a dullard to be the president of a country like Nigeria. Zombies have not seen anything yet, soon they will ask us to give out part of our money in the bank in order to save this nation, meanwhile the dullard is somewhere in London wasting our money. What the so called 5% saw then is now gradually becoming a nightmare to the 95% that voted for him.

3 Likes

Re: Federal Allocation: Why Obaseki’s Revelation Should Worry Us All - Oke Umurhohwo by justli: 10:29am On Apr 14, 2021
Yet, of all the qualified candidates gearing up for the number one office, we will still chose to drum up support and fight for tinubu and atiku. A people deserve the leader they get. Suffer never tire us. When we are ready for change, we will do the needful.

1 Like

Re: Federal Allocation: Why Obaseki’s Revelation Should Worry Us All - Oke Umurhohwo by Kessythegeek(m): 10:30am On Apr 14, 2021
Zimbabwe started out unworried.

God help us all.
Re: Federal Allocation: Why Obaseki’s Revelation Should Worry Us All - Oke Umurhohwo by PataAlhajaKeji(m): 10:34am On Apr 14, 2021
Dpharisee:
Since nobody is willing to borrow us more money to pay salaries, the FG has resorted to printing paper and calling it money which is not backed up by commensurate commodities and services, the after effect is the ongoing spiralling inflation. In the past when you are broke you go and drink Garri to hold belle, today Garri is more expensive than peppered Suya.

When Igbos were screaming that Buhari will run down the economy we castigated them out of tribal and religious sentiments, now I can see that they have been right all along as me that is writing have just lost my job, I open Nairaland as a way of reducing pressure and removing my mind from my current situation.
I can't even go to farm now which used to be the last resort if you are unemployed as herdsmen destroy crops in my area unchallenged due to fear that they could trace your house at night and inflict harm

How did Buhari run down the economy?

Pray, tell me.

Is he the cause of of the dwindling oil revenues? Did he cause COVID-19?

Talking about diversification to other sources of revenue like agriculture, solid minerals mining, gas exploration, utilization and export, I will definitely score his government high.

Majority of the world economies are presently passing through economic and financial quagmire instigated by COVID-19 and dwindling oil revenues. Why should Nigeria be an exception?

1 Like

Re: Federal Allocation: Why Obaseki’s Revelation Should Worry Us All - Oke Umurhohwo by tunary(m): 10:36am On Apr 14, 2021
BigYash:
Buhari is not the problem, but all who voted for him,for second term.. I like the way the country is going ,at least make some idiots suffer small. Sai buhari crew oyeeeh! grin

Some idiots are campaigning for another disaster already. Gagaban abi gaga-fire that will consume all his supporters.
Look above party,tribe and religion, they will not listen.
Ur making sense

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Federal Allocation: Why Obaseki’s Revelation Should Worry Us All - Oke Umurhohwo by Chimeluv(f): 10:41am On Apr 14, 2021
Few are worried and the rest don't care...
Re: Federal Allocation: Why Obaseki’s Revelation Should Worry Us All - Oke Umurhohwo by pansophist(m): 10:42am On Apr 14, 2021
I'll say it again, this is a very good news to me. If anything, it will shift the masses focus to politics, and spotlight governance, ignites citizens fury, but I doubt if that will happen unless something even worse occurs, such as a civil war, government inability to pay civil servant, and when it becomes official in all indices that Nigeria is a failed state.

Nigerians pursue the wrong things, from cheap mindless entertainment such as musics, sports and reality shows, to religious extremism, tribalism and all kinds of nonsense that holds no place in the 21st century and will surely bring them back. I only feel sorry for the igbos, they have warned about the fate of this forced marriage known as Nigeria, went for civil war for it but the other tribes were dumb and look the other side because its not them being slaughtered.

You have laid your bed, now lie on it. The North that sees ruling Nigeria as its birthright will have the south to contend with, because I doubt the South will allow the little resources going to the North and their had leadership. Let's see how it unfolds. My fingers are crossed. For me, I've seen the failure of the zoo long ago, and left with my family. If you haven't left, Ghana is still open for you.

4 Likes

Re: Federal Allocation: Why Obaseki’s Revelation Should Worry Us All - Oke Umurhohwo by Havertz10: 10:43am On Apr 14, 2021
They are talking about our system of governance, you are blaming buhari

States can't feed themselves without federal allocation

Lazy government
Re: Federal Allocation: Why Obaseki’s Revelation Should Worry Us All - Oke Umurhohwo by Dharniel600(m): 10:49am On Apr 14, 2021
PataAlhajaKeji:

Pray, tell me.

Talking about diversification to other sources of revenue like agriculture, solid minerals mining, gas exploration, utilization and export, I will definitely score his government high.

Majority of the world economies are presently passing through economic and financial quagmire instigated by COVID-19 and dwindling oil revenues. Why should Nigeria be an exception?
from the very beginning of this Government, Buhari supporters will always put it the blame on something else. Just look around the country and tell me if the situation of this country is not worrisome. You will also blame the insecurity of this country on covid 19? You people should enjoy.

2 Likes

Re: Federal Allocation: Why Obaseki’s Revelation Should Worry Us All - Oke Umurhohwo by bjdon: 10:52am On Apr 14, 2021
Why is it that Northerners ALWAYS run down the economy?
Shangri left us with Austerity and scarcity of essential commodities after Obasanjo had handed him a robust economy
Babangida destroyed the middle class with SAP and introduced mega inflation to the economy
Abacha gave us the years of locust.
Obasanjo restored sanity in the economy to the extent that the international community gave us debt forgiveness
GEJ grew the economy to become the largest in Africa
Buhari has once again destroyed the middle class the Naira is in free fall.
I am sorry but Northerners simply do not understand how to run a modern economy. When they are in govt it's just hardship and violence all over the place. I can't believe some of my southern brothers voted TWICE FOR this man. I can only hope all your eyes are clear now and in 2023 you will only vote for somebody that has a TRACK RECORD of achievement in economic management.

5 Likes

Re: Federal Allocation: Why Obaseki’s Revelation Should Worry Us All - Oke Umurhohwo by Nwaide01: 10:55am On Apr 14, 2021
Dpharisee:
Since nobody is willing to borrow us more money to pay salaries, the FG has resorted to printing paper and calling it money which is not backed up by commensurate commodities and services, the after effect is the ongoing spiralling inflation. In the past when you are broke you go and drink Garri to hold belle, today Garri is more expensive than peppered Suya.

When Igbos were screaming that Buhari will run down the economy we castigated them out of tribal and religious sentiments, now I can see that they have been right all along as me that is writing have just lost my job, I open Nairaland as a way of reducing pressure and removing my mind from my current situation.
I can't even go to farm now which used to be the last resort if you are unemployed as herdsmen destroy crops in my area unchallenged due to fear that they could trace your house at night and inflict harm.

As a way of generating revenue the already over taxed residents of Abuja have just been informed about the commencement of Park & Pay scheme in every street of the city for vehicle users in addition to the hundreds of VIO and LG revenue collectors roaming all over the city even with few new businesses opening.
Which way Nigeria? shocked
You're right on point,the most appalling part of it is that you see people controlling billions and millions shouting that this man is a disaster waiting to happen and they were called all sort of names,today we are suffering because of wrong decisions of few. But the question is have we leant our lessons.

2 Likes

Re: Federal Allocation: Why Obaseki’s Revelation Should Worry Us All - Oke Umurhohwo by angelfallz(m): 11:00am On Apr 14, 2021
we need to change our system of government. No matter what we do, if we fail to change this current system of government, we would not realise our potentials as a nation.
Unfortunately, we don't have the leaders that would effect the necessary change to our current system of governance, because all of them benefit from the current system.
I propose a military take over. It was the military that forced this current system of governance on Nigerians, it should be only proper that they would be the ones to fix it. We need a system of government that takes into account the multicultural nature of Nigeria. That system is a federated system where the different tribes that make up Nigeria, have autonomy over themselves, and pay taxes to the federal government. In this federated system, the Yorubas would be in charge of their natural and human resources, education, security, economy etc, the same would apply to the Igbos, the Hausas, the Ijaws, Itsekiris, Ebiras, Ibibios, Anang, Tiv etc. Every tribe no matter how small should have autonomy over itself

Unless we change our system of governance we are just wasting each others time.
Re: Federal Allocation: Why Obaseki’s Revelation Should Worry Us All - Oke Umurhohwo by ogwumgbe: 11:02am On Apr 14, 2021
Dpharisee:

When Igbos were screaming that Buhari will run down the economy we castigated them out of tribal and religious sentiments.
Their reasons been that a man who left office in 1984 and didn't establish a single business, not even an ordinary Zobo or Kunu processing factory, did not belong to the board of any company, did not start a foundation even if it's for Almajiri or nomadic education for his Fulani tribesmen to engage in modernized ranching, did not even use his spare time to write a single book can never handle an economy like Nigeria with 200m citizens, now I can see that they have been right all along as me that is writing have just lost my job, I open Nairaland as a way of reducing pressure and removing my mind from my current situation.

I can't even go to farm now which used to be the last resort if you are unemployed as herdsmen destroy crops in my area unchallenged due to fear that they could trace your house at night and inflict harm.

As a way of generating revenue the already over taxed residents of Abuja have just been informed about the commencement of Park & Pay scheme in every street of the city for vehicle users in addition to the hundreds of VIO and LG revenue collectors roaming all over the city even with fewer new businesses opening to employ the teeming youths.
Many big people are quickly buying and storing their money in domicialiary Dollar accounts, so what happens to the average citizen whose money in Naira is losing value daily?
Which way Nigeria? shocked

Igbos are always right. If this country had listened to us, Nigeria will not be in a mess today. Hatred is a demon.

2 Likes

Re: Federal Allocation: Why Obaseki’s Revelation Should Worry Us All - Oke Umurhohwo by edoairways: 11:03am On Apr 14, 2021
PataAlhajaKeji:

Pray, tell me.

What you see is paper diversification

3 Likes

Re: Federal Allocation: Why Obaseki’s Revelation Should Worry Us All - Oke Umurhohwo by ECHICHE: 11:03am On Apr 14, 2021
Printing of currency is an economic sabotage and sucide mission to a failing state.

This is a display of incompetent and leadership failure at the highest level.

Nigerian need an emergency politica and economic surgery to stay alive

1 Like

Re: Federal Allocation: Why Obaseki’s Revelation Should Worry Us All - Oke Umurhohwo by hecomeshome(m): 11:07am On Apr 14, 2021
Printing of money was Tinubu's idea. And the non-economic sensitive govt of Buhari bought it.
Very pathetic leaders who can't run a simple business profitably.

1 Like

Re: Federal Allocation: Why Obaseki’s Revelation Should Worry Us All - Oke Umurhohwo by StaffofOrayan(m): 11:14am On Apr 14, 2021
PataAlhajaKeji:

Pray, tell me.

Hehehe
Are you really dumb or playing dumb?
There is no diversification hence the govt is pan in hand broke, so they have resorted to printing paper, now you are too slow to realize that any money you have saved in any Nigerian bank is slowly but surely losing value, because the paper being printed has no value!
At this stage if you are still thinking APC and PDP then you are sick in the damn head

5 Likes

Re: Federal Allocation: Why Obaseki’s Revelation Should Worry Us All - Oke Umurhohwo by PHijo(m): 11:14am On Apr 14, 2021
PataAlhajaKeji:

Pray, tell me.

If you don't know how he destroyed the economy then explaining that for you may be near impossible!

1. The delay in appointing a cabinet for 6 months
2. Appointing at best mediocre ministers
3. Starting an unnecessary ego driven confrontation with Niger Delta militants
4. Making tanker vessels owners see Nigerian ports as less secure through his policy that could make them lose their tankers under the pretext of fighting illegal bunkers
5. Assuming the role of CBN governor, petroleum minister and president.
6. Failure to remove fuel subsidy in 2015/2016
7. Abuse of power that made foreign investors feel their investments could be stolen
8. Failure take advantage of the relationship Nigeria had with countries like America and China to her advantage
9. Increasing recurrent expenditure
10. Supporting his Fulani Fulani kinfolk in all their crimes, this reducing Nigeria's agricultural output
11. Citing projects through his mindset that is driven by bigotry, thereby robbing Nigeria of potential revenue
12. Failure to address issues as if they are urgent
13. Refusal to redirect his wrong steps
14. Increased focus on revenue generation instead of income generation
15. Hostile attitude towards investment, trade and capital

The list of his failures is endless. A pandemic is not an excuse, the primary problem is Buhari. There are lots of things Nigeria could have done differently if she had the right kind of leadership.

The issue is not CBN printing money, the issue is what it was used to do. If it was used to boost non-oil exports or reduce Nigeria's reliance on imports for many things that could be produced locally that would have been understood.

I almost forgot their multiple USD rate!

This government is not not just an embarrassment to Nigeria, it is an embarrassment to the entire Black race.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Federal Allocation: Why Obaseki’s Revelation Should Worry Us All - Oke Umurhohwo by panpan(m): 11:17am On Apr 14, 2021
The federal government has not yet confirmed or denied Godwin Obaseki's revelation.
Re: Federal Allocation: Why Obaseki’s Revelation Should Worry Us All - Oke Umurhohwo by Quality20(m): 11:23am On Apr 14, 2021
lets print dollars n buy American goods

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

The Scandal Of Census Figures / Ultimatum To Herders: SANs Back Akeredolu, Insist Action Not Unconstitutional / Emefiele Impersonated SGF To Illegally Obtain $6.2m – EFCC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.