Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,739 members, 7,831,360 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 05:38 PM

Federal Allocation: Why Obaseki’s Revelation Should Worry Us All - Oke Umurhohwo - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Federal Allocation: Why Obaseki’s Revelation Should Worry Us All - Oke Umurhohwo (17954 Views)

10 Nigerian States That Can't Survive Without Federal Allocation - TheCableIndex / Nigerian Federal Allocation In Colonial Period (Photo) / List Of States That Can Survive Without Federal Allocation By BudgIT (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Federal Allocation: Why Obaseki’s Revelation Should Worry Us All - Oke Umurhohwo by chrisxxx(m): 4:49pm On Apr 14, 2021
PataAlhajaKeji:

I'm sorry for the insults. Na my way o. Na so I dey insult my pals too if we dey argue politics or football.

FYI, there are a lot of hungry people in New york, Paris and London too.

You really have to change. You can have engaging and meaning arguments without appearing abusive. When someone in London says he is hungry it is not the same with Nigeria HUNGER.
Re: Federal Allocation: Why Obaseki’s Revelation Should Worry Us All - Oke Umurhohwo by PataAlhajaKeji(m): 4:54pm On Apr 14, 2021
chrisxxx:

You really have to change. You can have engaging and meaning arguments without appearing abusive. When someone in London says he is hungry it is not the same with Nigeria HUNGER.

Bros, I've lived abroad for a short period of time.

Oyinbo man beg be for $5 to buy big mac (burger). Me sef shock! grin

Hungry, homeless people dey everywhere in large quantities. Dem full Yankee well well. Fact. No let all those Hollywood movies deceive you o. grin

Trust me, if you can work, you can never go hungry in Naija. The pay fit no make sense but you no go hungry.
Re: Federal Allocation: Why Obaseki’s Revelation Should Worry Us All - Oke Umurhohwo by Yusufisraelj(m): 4:55pm On Apr 14, 2021
ddippset:
China and New Zealand did not do it in 4 years or 8 years.
They did it over a long span of time, over 20 years..

So stop loving PDP and blaming Buhari.

Blame them all!

I'm not blaming Buhari's government, what I'm saying is that they should do things differently.
Re: Federal Allocation: Why Obaseki’s Revelation Should Worry Us All - Oke Umurhohwo by PHijo(m): 5:33pm On Apr 14, 2021
PataAlhajaKeji:

Jonathan wey bin dey borrow to pay salaries months before them vote am out? Bros, why na?

Only $ 500 million of the funds will be borrowed for the refinery project. The remaining $ 1 billion will be appropriated for. And what's wrong in revamping a moribund refinery to increase the supply of petroleum products in the nearest future and thereby, consequently reducing their prices?

Kindly educate me, please.

The government can still diversify while simultaneously prospecting for oil and gas in other areas of the country. Crude oil is a non-renewable resource, you know. As you dey extract, e dey dry up. That's the reason OPLs are regularly granted to oil companies in oil-producing countries all over the world.

The world is going green, no doubt, but oil and gas will forever be in demand. That is just the fact.

And FYI, I am a Buharist. I don't even hide it but we are all humans and prone to err. Buhari is not perfect and I don't hesitate to call the old Nigger out anytime he fuccks up!

$500 million only?!

If Dangote's refinery has a 650k capacity and will be ready in a few months. What makes the push for the refinery project urgent apart from corruption?

I don't want to believe you lack common sense.

$1.5 billion will improve Nigeria's healthcare and educational sector significantly.

The refinery can be given to the host communities for a symbolic 1,000 Naira. They can source for investors who would invest in the rehabilitation of the refinery.

For a cash strapped government to put $1.5 billion in a loss making business is the height of irresponsibility. Coupled with that, a third of that money is debt.

Dangote's 650k is about 200k above Nigeria's official daily consumption.

Putting all that money into Brass LNG would have served them better if they didn't want to support education and healthcare.

Everything about this failed government makes me cringe. From the school feeding to the tradermoni, all a bunch of populist waste pipe projects.
Re: Federal Allocation: Why Obaseki’s Revelation Should Worry Us All - Oke Umurhohwo by chrisxxx(m): 5:34pm On Apr 14, 2021
PataAlhajaKeji:

Bros, I've lived abroad for a short period of time.

Oyinbo man beg be for $5 to buy big mac (burger). Me sef shock! grin

Hungry, homeless people dey everywhere in large quantities. Dem full Yankee well well. Fact. No let all those Hollywood movies deceive you o. grin

Trust me, if you can work, you can never go hungry in Naija. The pay fit no make sense but you no go hungry.
That is true. Beggars everywhere. Dont blame us we always complain. We just want to give the government a bad name. Remember APC did the same. We learn this unrelenting criticism from them even when we know that the government can do little or nothing. When Buhari leaves we will start to miss him. That is Nigeria for you.
Re: Federal Allocation: Why Obaseki’s Revelation Should Worry Us All - Oke Umurhohwo by ableguy(m): 6:20pm On Apr 14, 2021
DedeNkem:

Every Nigerian should be worried about what's going on in Nigeria. Playing ignorance is reckless and unacceptable!
Story, una dey find who una wan kill with worry abi?
I no worry biko, no be by force.
Make una carry una worry ooo, I trust my God!
Re: Federal Allocation: Why Obaseki’s Revelation Should Worry Us All - Oke Umurhohwo by mauriceju2(m): 8:27pm On Apr 14, 2021
Remember Charles Soludo ? Igbo are good in economy, Yoruba are good in civil service , Hausa are good in the millinery, but Buhari consider tribe and not merit and we are about to enter hell as a nation
Re: Federal Allocation: Why Obaseki’s Revelation Should Worry Us All - Oke Umurhohwo by 9ja4live: 3:09am On Apr 15, 2021
Dpharisee:
Since nobody is willing to borrow us more money to pay salaries, the FG has resorted to printing paper and calling it money which is not backed up by commensurate commodities and services, the after effect is the ongoing spiralling inflation. In the past when you are broke you go and drink Garri to hold belle, today Garri is more expensive than peppered Suya.

When some Igbos were screaming that Buhari will run down the economy we castigated them out of tribal and religious sentiments.
Their reasons been that a man who left office in 1984 and didn't establish a single business, not even an ordinary Zobo or Kunu processing factory, did not belong to the board of any company, did not start a foundation even if it's for Almajiri or nomadic education for his Fulani tribesmen to engage in modernized ranching, did not even use his spare time to write a single book can never handle an economy like Nigeria with 200m citizens, now I can see that they have been right all along as me that is writing have just lost my job, I open Nairaland as a way of reducing pressure and removing my mind from my current situation.

I can't even go to farm now which used to be the last resort if you are unemployed as herdsmen destroy crops in my area unchallenged due to fear that they could trace your house at night and inflict harm.

As a way of generating revenue the already over taxed residents of Abuja have just been informed about the commencement of Park & Pay scheme in every street of the city for vehicle users in addition to the hundreds of VIO and LG revenue collectors roaming all over the city even with fewer new businesses opening to employ the teeming youths.
Many big people are quickly buying and storing their money in domicialiary Dollar accounts, so what happens to the average citizen whose money in Naira is losing value daily?
Which way Nigeria? shocked

GO AND LEARN TO TRADE FOREX
Re: Federal Allocation: Why Obaseki’s Revelation Should Worry Us All - Oke Umurhohwo by omohayek: 7:56am On Apr 15, 2021
Cnach:

It not that he is the dullest but our president's hotspot it on and u know his status in dullity nah
Umm, no, Emefiele is dull, dull, dull! Buhari is too slothful and intellectually limited to have cooked up the harebrained FX-schemes that Emefiele has been administering to the benefit of speculators and currency round-trippers, and besides, the independence of the CBN governor is statutorily guaranteed, so Emefiele has no reason to worry about being fired, especially since he already got a second term. Buhari is certainly to blame for re-appointing Emefiele to his position, but all the many mistakes Emefiele has made in office since then have been entirely of his own choosing, not because he was forced to make them.

When Emefiele was re-appointed by Buhari, I warned all those jubilating on tribal grounds that they would suffer the most from having this particularly incompetent "kinsman" in office, but they didn't listen. Now we see that the same tribalistic mindset is being deployed to defend his catastrophic second term in office. Emefiele is what you get when you elevate brazenly tribalistic rhetoric like "only XYZ group has an understanding of economics and finance", as many posters in this very thread have been doing, pretending that only Igbos could tell in advance that Buhari would be an economic disaster.

1 Like

Re: Federal Allocation: Why Obaseki’s Revelation Should Worry Us All - Oke Umurhohwo by omohayek: 8:01am On Apr 15, 2021
mauriceju2:
Remember Charles Soludo ? Igbo are good in economy, Yoruba are good in civil service , Hausa are good in the millinery, but Buhari consider tribe and not merit and we are about to enter hell as a nation
More simple-minded tribalistic rubbish. There are plenty of people good in all kinds of things amongst both the Igbo and the Yoruba, with neither group having any kind of monopoly anywhere: conversely, most people of Igbo and Yoruba (and any other) origin in Nigeria know nothing at all about such matters, given the low level of education across the country. It just so happens that as poor as educational standards are across southern Nigeria, the north's abysmal showing makes the south look good by comparison, when by international standards the entire country has a serious deficit of intellectual capital (hence absurd stereotyping comments like the above, with "military" being mispelled "millinery" ).

1 Like

Re: Federal Allocation: Why Obaseki’s Revelation Should Worry Us All - Oke Umurhohwo by Arielle: 10:03am On Apr 15, 2021
PHijo:

1. If you are not subsidising petroleum products there will be less pressure on the Naira
2. If you don't have multiple exchange rates and difficulty with fund repatriation FPIs will flow in
3. If the CBN is not "defending" the Naira there will be enough funds to import critical machinery
4. If there are no bottlenecks at the ports of entry and exit Nigeria can generate more revenue without raising taxes or duties
5. If there is a deliberate procurement policy towards procurement of local goods much of the pressure on USD can be avoided
6. If foreign loans are used to enhance Nigeria's ability to export or reduce imports it will not be in a dire condition.
7. Most of those financial experts you listed did not "fail" due to a lack of ideas, they failed because politicians like Buhari refused to implement their solutions for political, ethnic, religious reasons or even their fear for the labour union.

Claims that Nigeria's problem is lack of money or overpopulation are excuses made by lazy minds. Poverty is prevalent in Nigeria because of people like you who support the status quo and are too lazy to think!

1 million likes.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Jigawa Hisbah Arrests 47 Persons For Immorality, Seizes 745 Bottles Of Beer / NLC Reacts As FG Suspends Fuel Subsidy Removal / 2023: Buratai Endorses Amaechi For President

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.