Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,782 members, 7,810,044 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:13 PM

Should I Leave My Bank Job For A Chinese Owned Multinational Telecoms Company? - Jobs/Vacancies (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Should I Leave My Bank Job For A Chinese Owned Multinational Telecoms Company? (24700 Views)

Should I Leave My Job And Japa To The UK / Should I Leave My Bank Job For A Multinational Technology Consulting Company? / 100 Customer Service Officers Needed In A Telecoms Company (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should I Leave My Bank Job For A Chinese Owned Multinational Telecoms Company? by agugu(m): 3:49pm On Apr 14, 2021
motymop:
I am sure, it is Huawei.

Working in a Chinese multinational telecom is different from working in a Chinese one man business in Nigeria.

Move to the Chinese telcom company, lot of experience awaits you not only that good salary, international training and lot of time for you( 9 am-6pm)

International training as Staff or Outsource staff??

And do you mean international training on the job or training outside the country.. If he's working as staff in Bank he should just stay put but if as a outsource staff or contract staff then he should accept the Telecom offer. All this depend on his career path..
Re: Should I Leave My Bank Job For A Chinese Owned Multinational Telecoms Company? by Nobody: 3:50pm On Apr 14, 2021
pokosimani:
Dear NLanders,
I have been working for a tier 1 Bank in Nigeria for some time and so far it has been quite good. I work with great people and the pay is reasonable. Recently, I got an offer to work in a multinational telecoms company. While this seems like a good offer, I am worried about working for Chinese/Indian companies because of the negative report about them generally. Your considered opinions and/or experiences would be appreciated.

Many thanks...

THAT WAS ONE OF THE BIGGEST MISTAKE I MADE IN 2014. ACCEPTING TO WORK WITH A CHINESE COMPANY IN LAGOS. THEY ARE UNPROFESSIONAL, NO JOB SECURITY, NO TRANSPARENT FAIR EMPLOYMENT, NO SOLID WELFARE STRUCTURE FOR EMPLOYEES, AND TOUT ADMINISTRATION... ALL THEY ARE CONCERNED WITH IS HOW TO AMASS PROFIT... RUN!!!!!
Re: Should I Leave My Bank Job For A Chinese Owned Multinational Telecoms Company? by Schifo: 3:55pm On Apr 14, 2021
Please do not leave your bank job; there is more job security than a Chinese company who will not have regards or respect for you . They are racist to the T. To be forewarned is to be armed . . Best of luck .
Re: Should I Leave My Bank Job For A Chinese Owned Multinational Telecoms Company? by delzbaba(m): 4:02pm On Apr 14, 2021
Dont try it.
Re: Should I Leave My Bank Job For A Chinese Owned Multinational Telecoms Company? by airsaylongcome: 4:15pm On Apr 14, 2021
livebyday:

Best question here , this was what I expected till I saw the nonsense some were writing above

Nigerians just don't think critically

I just hope its not Transsion holdings the OP is calling multinational company

Lol! Transsion is actually a multinational nau. Just that they are animals
Re: Should I Leave My Bank Job For A Chinese Owned Multinational Telecoms Company? by Speterz: 4:18pm On Apr 14, 2021
Things from Chinese are not durable o.
Re: Should I Leave My Bank Job For A Chinese Owned Multinational Telecoms Company? by anochuko01(m): 4:22pm On Apr 14, 2021
Join the Chinese company. You'll get experience to enter the telecoms industry which is lucrative and versatile.

Banking job na one way traffic.
Re: Should I Leave My Bank Job For A Chinese Owned Multinational Telecoms Company? by shegun4sur: 4:34pm On Apr 14, 2021
If you have a defined career path, say auditing, accounting, architecture, engineering etc, take the offer if it advances your career
But if it's just some obscure job role, better stay put in the bank
Re: Should I Leave My Bank Job For A Chinese Owned Multinational Telecoms Company? by rman: 4:39pm On Apr 14, 2021
A lot of people are responding based on false experience.

The only Chinese Multinational companies that are popular in Nigeria are Huawei and ZTE.

If those two are employing you as their direct permanent staff, TAKE IT!!

A lot of people with bad experience are not direct employees of these companies and they know it. If your are a permanent staff of Huawei, it is a very good company to work with.

I KNOW THIS.

4 Likes

Re: Should I Leave My Bank Job For A Chinese Owned Multinational Telecoms Company? by BarrElChapo(m): 4:40pm On Apr 14, 2021
Sometimes it will do well to give us a hint of the telecoms company, for instance working for Huawei is by far better than any Nigerian bank.

So is the COY in question a major player in the industry or.......... these should inform your decision. Wikipedia them do a lil research and make your decision. Good luck

pokosimani:
Dear NLanders,
I have been working for a tier 1 Bank in Nigeria for some time and so far it has been quite good. I work with great people and the pay is reasonable. Recently, I got an offer to work in a multinational telecoms company. While this seems like a good offer, I am worried about working for Chinese/Indian companies because of the negative report about them generally. Your considered opinions and/or experiences would be appreciated.

Many thanks...
Re: Should I Leave My Bank Job For A Chinese Owned Multinational Telecoms Company? by Ernesthugo(m): 4:41pm On Apr 14, 2021
Jimmyubah2:
Which one be Chinese multinational telecom company again?
i think it Huawei

2 Likes

Re: Should I Leave My Bank Job For A Chinese Owned Multinational Telecoms Company? by BarrElChapo(m): 4:41pm On Apr 14, 2021
Speterz:
Things from Chinese are not durable o.

This is the most useless statement I've seen all year undecided
Re: Should I Leave My Bank Job For A Chinese Owned Multinational Telecoms Company? by Customtest: 4:50pm On Apr 14, 2021
pokosimani:
Dear NLanders,

Many thanks...
Hope say no be huaweii
Re: Should I Leave My Bank Job For A Chinese Owned Multinational Telecoms Company? by naturefellow(m): 4:54pm On Apr 14, 2021
Jimmyubah2:
Which one be Chinese multinational telecom company again?
E no go pass Transsion - marketers of Itel, infinix, Tecno, Oraimo, Boomplay, etc in Nigeria
Re: Should I Leave My Bank Job For A Chinese Owned Multinational Telecoms Company? by naturefellow(m): 4:55pm On Apr 14, 2021
rman:
A lot of people are responding based on false experience.

The only Chinese Multinational companies that are popular in Nigeria are Huawei and ZTE.

If those two are employing you as their direct permanent staff, TAKE IT!!

A lot of people with bad experience are not direct employees of these companies and they know it. If your are a permanent staff of Huawei, it is a very good company to work with.

I KNOW THIS.
you missed Transsion
Re: Should I Leave My Bank Job For A Chinese Owned Multinational Telecoms Company? by ayeesha: 4:57pm On Apr 14, 2021
Naijacommando22:
Bros run for your life if na Huawei

Abeg how dem be?
Re: Should I Leave My Bank Job For A Chinese Owned Multinational Telecoms Company? by kitskoo: 4:57pm On Apr 14, 2021
pokosimani:
Salary is about 50% higher than my current take-home with added allowances and benefits. As for improvement, I'm not quite sure but I guess that's a personal decision to make. Pieces of training at the current job are limited to areas concerning financial institutions. Lastly, there would be no need to move address as both companies are in Lagos. Not quite sure about house/flat/car allowances.
Thanks

Unless you faked your payslip, its unlikely that Huawei will increase your salary by 50% based on their policy. Trust me, I know. If you add the other packages then it might add up. Huawei is a great place to work. The culture is different but not unrealistic. It will push you to be a better person.
Re: Should I Leave My Bank Job For A Chinese Owned Multinational Telecoms Company? by omotems: 5:10pm On Apr 14, 2021
If it is Huawei, be sure you are been recruited as a full staff and not outsourced from one of their 3rd party companies(Rutotech or philips consulting etc). Outsourced staff gets higher pay(even as much as 1M per month for managerial positions) with fringed/next to nothing benefits attached. Since you are not in the technical area, you won't suffer a lot of work hazards(which they daily load as benefits) many have gone through. If you get employed as a full staff, you will enjoy a lot and be able to plan a good future there. If you get enticed with the higher pay that comes with been an outsourced staff, my advice is make it a short time adventure and have a solid plan to move in the next 3-5 years( someone i know did the same). All the best

1 Like

Re: Should I Leave My Bank Job For A Chinese Owned Multinational Telecoms Company? by Elbizzcklinz(m): 5:14pm On Apr 14, 2021
pokosimani:
Dear NLanders,

Many thanks...

Never work with an Indian or Chinese. They would treat you like slaves.
Re: Should I Leave My Bank Job For A Chinese Owned Multinational Telecoms Company? by Naijacommando22: 5:18pm On Apr 14, 2021
ayeesha:

Abeg how dem be?

The most toxic work environment u can ever think of
Re: Should I Leave My Bank Job For A Chinese Owned Multinational Telecoms Company? by free2ryhme: 5:31pm On Apr 14, 2021
pokosimani:
Dear NLanders,

Many thanks...

Talk tru you wan join Huawei
Re: Should I Leave My Bank Job For A Chinese Owned Multinational Telecoms Company? by crusufixo(m): 5:34pm On Apr 14, 2021
BRATISLAVA:
Just how multinational is the Chinese company?

The multinational Chinese company no go pass huawei. Very crafty people, give with the right hand and take with it back times two with the left hand

1 Like

Re: Should I Leave My Bank Job For A Chinese Owned Multinational Telecoms Company? by Raskass: 5:43pm On Apr 14, 2021
You want to turn real to fake
Re: Should I Leave My Bank Job For A Chinese Owned Multinational Telecoms Company? by sonnie10: 5:52pm On Apr 14, 2021
alsheex:
If it is Huawei and you are going there as a permanent staff.... grab the opportunity with all seriousness.

Its golden opportunity!

Have you considered the long term effect of the history of working for such company would have for ones career? Does it worth it? You may never be hired by other western multinational company again
Re: Should I Leave My Bank Job For A Chinese Owned Multinational Telecoms Company? by abiolatunji: 5:53pm On Apr 14, 2021
Sir/Ma, kindly stay with your Banking Job. Nothing like multinational company,most of them are fake in Africa to deceive our people to work as a slave. If you have make up ur mind to join them,do your investigation very well about them.
Re: Should I Leave My Bank Job For A Chinese Owned Multinational Telecoms Company? by harmony75: 5:57pm On Apr 14, 2021
please don't the Chinese are cheats our government are not helping matters � Chinese are slaving Nigerians in our own country �
Re: Should I Leave My Bank Job For A Chinese Owned Multinational Telecoms Company? by IJEYdiamond(f): 6:27pm On Apr 14, 2021
Bouz:
If its indian, oga remain where you are. if its chinese. be ready to work with the strength of a buffalo but with good pay.

Experience ooo... dont mind me ooo...

To be candid Nigerian government need to do something about Indian/Chinese/Lebanese...

Hmmmmmm
Re: Should I Leave My Bank Job For A Chinese Owned Multinational Telecoms Company? by akaahs(m): 7:03pm On Apr 14, 2021
pokosimani:
Dear NLanders,

Many thanks...
If only at the end of it, it ll make you self reliance both the bank job and Chinese job.
Re: Should I Leave My Bank Job For A Chinese Owned Multinational Telecoms Company? by motymop: 7:05pm On Apr 14, 2021
[quote author=agugu post=100792567][/quote]

As a staff. The only chinese Telecom in Nigeria is Huawei and it is an international company.

Huawei treats their staff well. Pay is good. There are opportunities for career advancement.
Re: Should I Leave My Bank Job For A Chinese Owned Multinational Telecoms Company? by Pclemenza: 7:39pm On Apr 14, 2021
airminem:
Here we go again....... Should we tell him the truth cheesy

Ok "I am worried about working for Chinese/Indian companies because of the negative report about them generally".

Hold this above bitter truth close to your heart.

Your signature, how many Btc do you have ?
Re: Should I Leave My Bank Job For A Chinese Owned Multinational Telecoms Company? by Ayodele1959(m): 8:08pm On Apr 14, 2021
Bros both na private job so choose wisely

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Ushering Jobs For Females / KPMG Graduate Trainee Interview, 2011 / Massive Recruitment At Federal Medical Center, Gombe (116 Positions)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.