Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,845 members, 7,817,505 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:25 PM

Should I Leave My Bank Job For A Chinese Owned Multinational Telecoms Company? - Jobs/Vacancies (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Should I Leave My Bank Job For A Chinese Owned Multinational Telecoms Company? (24718 Views)

Should I Leave My Job And Japa To The UK / Should I Leave My Bank Job For A Multinational Technology Consulting Company? / 100 Customer Service Officers Needed In A Telecoms Company (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should I Leave My Bank Job For A Chinese Owned Multinational Telecoms Company? by Simplythebest: 8:13pm On Apr 14, 2021
The banking job are u a full staff or a contract staff thats matters alot. If u are a contract staff in the bank and the Chinese work is full staff and the pay is much better pls go for the Chinese company cus as a contract staff bank in the bank u don't have any future in the bank
Re: Should I Leave My Bank Job For A Chinese Owned Multinational Telecoms Company? by galantjoe(m): 8:23pm On Apr 14, 2021
Remain where you are. Better the devil you know than angel you don't know.

Chinese company in Nigeria is a hell fire for Nigerians. High staff turnover, poor morale, poor condition of services, neglect and arbitrary sacking.
Re: Should I Leave My Bank Job For A Chinese Owned Multinational Telecoms Company? by Nobody: 9:00pm On Apr 14, 2021
pokosimani:
Dear NLanders,
I have been working for a tier 1 Bank in Nigeria for some time and so far it has been quite good. I work with great people and the pay is reasonable. Recently, I got an offer to work in a multinational telecoms company. While this seems like a good offer, I am worried about working for Chinese/Indian companies because of the negative report about them generally. Your considered opinions and/or experiences would be appreciated.

Many thanks...
Stay in your bank job bro. I have tasted the two and I know what's obtainable.
Re: Should I Leave My Bank Job For A Chinese Owned Multinational Telecoms Company? by Nobody: 9:03pm On Apr 14, 2021
Naijacommando22:
Bros run for your life if na Huawei
not only HUAWEI, they’re all the same. Both the landlords, contractors and subcontractors.
Re: Should I Leave My Bank Job For A Chinese Owned Multinational Telecoms Company? by 2luwa(m): 10:21pm On Apr 14, 2021
op! where una dey get these job please.. I also need job with a better pay
Re: Should I Leave My Bank Job For A Chinese Owned Multinational Telecoms Company? by miriamchi(f): 11:58pm On Apr 14, 2021
Naijacommando22:
Pls why did u say this?
My bf is having very depressing issues with them presently as one of their trainees.
Re: Should I Leave My Bank Job For A Chinese Owned Multinational Telecoms Company? by Cousin9999: 12:01am On Apr 15, 2021
You don't stand to gain anything by working with those degenerate m0rons.
Re: Should I Leave My Bank Job For A Chinese Owned Multinational Telecoms Company? by miriamchi(f): 12:02am On Apr 15, 2021
dmaygee:

If it's Huawei, please proceed. I've worked with them and they are fantastic.
Please do u have someone in the top management there?
I actually have a little complaint/enquiry concerning their recent trainees.
Re: Should I Leave My Bank Job For A Chinese Owned Multinational Telecoms Company? by ocelot2006(m): 12:17am On Apr 15, 2021
I assume it's either Huawei or ZTE. Well, if you're in a technical field (telecoms), working in those Chinese coys MAY not be a bad idea as you'll definitely gain the necessary technical experience required to break into the big Mobile Service Providers (Airtel, MTN, Glo, etc), and that's where the big money is. Keep in mind that bank jobs are quite volatile with zero job security.
Re: Should I Leave My Bank Job For A Chinese Owned Multinational Telecoms Company? by ocelot2006(m): 12:21am On Apr 15, 2021
pharoah:
My Brother,

Teleco in Nigeria has a flat structure. What i mean is that the growth path is not there unless someone resigns, gets sacked or dies can you get an opening. Then over 2,000 people will apply for the role.

There is no promotion based on performance like banking.

Look before you leap

Bros, that is absolutely untrue. The growth potential is there, and the pay, especially in the major service providers, is extremely good.
Re: Should I Leave My Bank Job For A Chinese Owned Multinational Telecoms Company? by calcal: 12:24am On Apr 15, 2021
COdeGenesis:
How can you grow remaining stuck in your comfort zone?? You are comfortable with a job that isnt challenging. My brother go to the new company and test your strength and skill.

Well said,

You sit done there, at 50 the bank fire you, by then you are useless, you are not employable because you don't know how to do anything.

You will end up selling pure water at Ilasa bus stop.

if you are a woman, you will be looking for your rich classmate to sleep with for money.
Re: Should I Leave My Bank Job For A Chinese Owned Multinational Telecoms Company? by jacoik(m): 3:26am On Apr 15, 2021
Bahamas95:
OP don't allow your village people rejoice over you... Concentrate on your bank job.

Instead of me to work for Chinese or Indians I would rather do Yahoo.
lolxxxxx hahahaha savage
Re: Should I Leave My Bank Job For A Chinese Owned Multinational Telecoms Company? by prof2007: 3:39am On Apr 15, 2021
Thanks for this your post...I laughed till tears came out of my eyes!

You are truly a gifted writer. Have you ever thought about becoming an author? Your books would be bestsellers.

usb2016:

Oga You better stay put on your bank job angry angry! . Kindly read below a brother story narrated to me yesterday and advise yourself about the decision you about to make...

Today is exactly 10years I resigned from my lucrative job that was paying me as much as N200k monthly as of then and ran to Lagos because of an advert I saw on Guardian Newspaper...

1 Like

Re: Should I Leave My Bank Job For A Chinese Owned Multinational Telecoms Company? by prof2007: 3:55am On Apr 15, 2021
Dear pokosimani,

based on the widely divergent views expressed regarding a company like Huawei, I suggest you mention the name of your new employer. This is a faceless forum and there is no risk to your prospects.

Mentioning the specific company will enable you to get experiential feedback from those who have worked or are currently working with them. You need such feedback to make a properly informed decision using Cost/Benefit analysis. Best of luck!

pokosimani:
Dear NLanders,
I have been working for a tier 1 Bank in Nigeria for some time and so far it has been quite good. I work with great people and the pay is reasonable. Recently, I got an offer to work in a multinational telecoms company. While this seems like a good offer, I am worried about working for Chinese/Indian companies because of the negative report about them generally. Your considered opinions and/or experiences would be appreciated.

Many thanks...
Re: Should I Leave My Bank Job For A Chinese Owned Multinational Telecoms Company? by ennyspalace(f): 4:08am On Apr 15, 2021
Job kwa

Why jump jobs

There are tons of high income Skills you can learn and would not bother about which or which job to bike jump anymore
But No

We prefer to work for people providing we can get food to eat

May God help us

So, my brother or is it sister now
Stay where you are....

Develop your skills and start your journey to financial freedom

Gracias
Re: Should I Leave My Bank Job For A Chinese Owned Multinational Telecoms Company? by marv1: 5:52am On Apr 15, 2021
Jimmyubah2:
Which one be Chinese multinational telecom company again?

Huawei
Re: Should I Leave My Bank Job For A Chinese Owned Multinational Telecoms Company? by naijadrivablog: 9:58am On Apr 15, 2021
Bank job is slavery, Chinese companies is another slavery x1.5.

But I would advise you to pray first about it.

As a human, getting another experience is a plus. Try telecom job IF they are MULTINATIONAL, like Huawei, ZTE etc.

1 Like

Re: Should I Leave My Bank Job For A Chinese Owned Multinational Telecoms Company? by tishbite41(m): 10:19am On Apr 15, 2021
usb2016:

Lol

Oga You better stay put on your bank job angry angry! . Kindly read below a brother story narrated to me yesterday and advise yourself about the decision you about to make...

Today is exactly 10years I resigned from my lucrative job that was paying me as much as N200k monthly as of then and ran to Lagos because of an advert I saw on Guardian Newspaper..
"An international/multinational company in Lagos is looking for suitably qualified science and arts graduates to market it's Great brands in Nigeria.. Salary is a minimum of N400k and a vehicle will be provided.. bla bla bla"
I applied through their email as provided..
Before 2 hours.. I was replied.. You have qualified for the interview and final stage and was given one month to resign and come for the final stage of the interview..
That time.. I had this lady Boss in my office that never liked me.. I came next morning and arrogantly told her, "Folake, I am Done with this your MENIAL job.. you can now have my position for all I care"..
I resigned.. Next morning, entered Ekenedirichukwu first bus to Lagos!
People of Gawd.. I am still shaking my head as I write this..
I reached Lagos safely..
Next morning I was at the address.. A "container" shop with a small room they called a warehouse attached, somewhere around Okokomaiko..
9:30am.. one haggard and hungry looking man in a lemon Green unbalanced coat popped out.. the idiot said he got A Great news for us.. He announced to us that all of us who have managed to come for this interview have automatically qualified.. I looked round. Over 2000 people qualified to work where?? In this caravan abi naa container!!
No interview.. no write this or that.. The Spirit to cry befell my Heart.. wahala be like okro soup.. e de draw!
The man said we should all clap for ourselves and sit down for lectures.. hmmmm.. people actually clapped.. Lagos children!.. Nothing scares them again.. people that clapped for Buhari and Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu.. what can't they clap for..
Ndi ara juru naa Lagos..
My left mind smiled and sarcastically clapped too for my right mind like, "well done.. next Time always look before you leap"..
These guys started telling us of how we can get a basket and load it with their range of products.. Then a bus will be provided.. azzin that's the vehicle to be given as stated in the advert.. A Mega phone attached to the bus to tell the people about the range of products. While we run around and meet prospective customers.. any of the soap, cream or "ogwu anwu nta" you sell.. you get N5!..
The man sounded soooooo happy announcing to us that we are rewarded instantly.. and the Great reward is N5 that I nearly fainted..
Fada Lawd.. why do bad thing always happen to Good people?
Aaaahh.. ahhh..
Am I dreaming?? From salary of 200k a month.. I am coming to look for N5.. am I dreaming or what??... Kedu udiri akuko di ihe a
The man continued.. as if he was in my mind.. you can sell 400 products a day and that's you making 200k a day.. That's 400k in two days.. so when we said salary of 400k a month.. it's an understatement.. you can see that you are worth N5m in 25 working days..
They clapped again.. even gave him standing ovation..
Ndi ara juru naa Lagos, I swear..
God imagine your Child.. running on foot selling these unknown creams and rubbish and making 200k a day.. I go don run enter Boko haram camp without knowing.. person fit follow the bus run.. run.. run.. soteeeeeh you run mad and you don't have any idea that you have run out of your senses!!
That was when tears rolled down my left eye.. I caught it with my kerchief.. my stomach just did kpurururrurru!!.. e be like shit de catch me.. my legs have not started running.. I am already having running stomach!
In about a minute.. I just saw myself sobbing.. my heart was just too heavy.. I needed to cry small for my Destiny.. ihe nke a, wu niini sef??..
my nose was running too like a covid patient..
It was then it dawned on me to ask those around me their qualifications.. maybe I am at the wrong place.. maybe I read the wrong advert.. this must be for WAEC holders and bandits or miscreants!!!...
I asked the few around me.. This one said he has a HND in applied physics, the other OND in something laidat.. surprisingly, one said BSc Microbiology..
Epilepsy nearly do me, when the one by my side whispered to me that he has MBA marketing.. and he was listening to the junky man with rapt attention.. azzin he doesn't wanna loose this job!!
Imagine the kind of graduate jobs in Nigeria.. tufiakwa!!!
I just knelt down, took my phone and called Foluke.. "Biko..ejooor.. mbok.. I am sorry, that my position I said you should have, just keep am for me.. I am entering night bus now.. if you have another person there.. me and am go de share the salary like PDP vs APC sharing our loot and Natural resources..!!"
This was how a tusatusa company, carry sweet advert drag me come Lagos to add me to the list of ndi Ara juru naa Lagos!!!.. but I ran away grin grin grin!

Many thanks...
Re: Should I Leave My Bank Job For A Chinese Owned Multinational Telecoms Company? by adewuyia2014(m): 1:04pm On Apr 15, 2021
Hold your bank job ooo, if you work with chinese or india, your life will never remain the same,
although bank job is not easy too but is far better than chinese jobs in Nigeria.

No talk say i no tell you oooo
Re: Should I Leave My Bank Job For A Chinese Owned Multinational Telecoms Company? by julyb(m): 6:33pm On Apr 15, 2021
Go with the multinational company provided you are employed as permanent staff .Bank job will only limit your growth and future prospects to the banking sector.
Re: Should I Leave My Bank Job For A Chinese Owned Multinational Telecoms Company? by alsheex(m): 5:06pm On Apr 17, 2021
sonnie10:

Have you considered the long term effect of the history of working for such company would have for ones career? Does it worth it? You may never be hired by other western multinational company again

I don't know what you mean by "western multinational company"..... Huawei experience got me an opportunity to work in European telecommunication company based in Nigeria.

Bro, I understand there are alot of bad stories in the air about working in Chinese companies but believe me very few so called multinational companies will match the working standard of Huawei.

I was there for 5yrs.... I know what am talking about.
Re: Should I Leave My Bank Job For A Chinese Owned Multinational Telecoms Company? by sonnie10: 6:01pm On Apr 17, 2021
alsheex:

I don't know what you mean by "western multinational company"..... Huawei experience got me an opportunity to work in European telecommunication company based in Nigeria.

Bro, I understand there are alot of bad stories in the air about working in Chinese companies but believe me very few so called multinational companies will match the working standard of Huawei.

I was there for 5yrs.... I know what am talking about.

What standards excatly are you refering to? Techinical or ethical?
Re: Should I Leave My Bank Job For A Chinese Owned Multinational Telecoms Company? by djbaba: 8:48am On Apr 18, 2021
Please am invited for interview for production manager at eleganza industry.. can anyone tell me about the company. I mean how staff are treated
Re: Should I Leave My Bank Job For A Chinese Owned Multinational Telecoms Company? by FrostyButter: 2:20pm On Dec 01, 2021
Customtest:

Hope say no be huaweii

Is it a terrible place? Are you speaking from direct experience
Re: Should I Leave My Bank Job For A Chinese Owned Multinational Telecoms Company? by FrostyButter: 2:21pm On Dec 01, 2021
pokosimani:
Dear NLanders,

Many thanks...

Did you eventually go with huawei and whats your review?
Re: Should I Leave My Bank Job For A Chinese Owned Multinational Telecoms Company? by FrostyButter: 2:22pm On Dec 01, 2021
Naijacommando22:

Talking from experience as a full staff?
Re: Should I Leave My Bank Job For A Chinese Owned Multinational Telecoms Company? by Naijacommando22: 3:44pm On Dec 01, 2021
FrostyButter:

Talking from experience as a full staff?
Yess
Re: Should I Leave My Bank Job For A Chinese Owned Multinational Telecoms Company? by pokosimani: 4:49pm On Dec 21, 2021
Nah bro. My office decided to match their offer so I stayed back.

FrostyButter:

Did you eventually go with huawei and whats your review?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Message From A Scammer. / How Long Have You Been A Graduate Without Employment / Apply For Sabmiller Plc Management Trainee Recruitment 2017

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.