Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,526 members, 7,826,978 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 01:56 AM

OPC Leader, Dr. Fredrick Fasehun, Threatens Reprisal Attacks - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / OPC Leader, Dr. Fredrick Fasehun, Threatens Reprisal Attacks (8449 Views)

Agatu Killings: Benue Threatens Reprisal, Urges Fg’s Intervention / Reprisal Attacks In Plateau Claim More Lives / Christian Youths Kill Muslims In Reprisal Attacks At Gonin Gora, Kaduna (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

OPC Leader, Dr. Fredrick Fasehun, Threatens Reprisal Attacks by aloyemeka2: 11:07pm On Apr 19, 2011
[size=14pt]Stop the madness in the north or risk provoking retaliation in parts of the country – OPC warns [/size]
By OLA AGBAJE

Tuesday, April 19, 2011
The Oodua People’s Congress (OPC) has called for immediate halt to the post-presidential election crisis currently raging in the northern parts of the country.

[img]http://odili.net/news/source/2011/apr/19/sun/Fasheun[1].jpg[/img]
Fredrick Fasehun

OPC made the call in a statement signed by its founder, Dr. Fredrick Fasehun, in Lagos warning that failure to stop the carnage may provoke dire consequences in other parts of the country.

According to the statement, the violence that broke out in the North following the announcement of the results of the election had shattered the peaceful atmosphere that heralded the conduct of the election at the weekend.

“But post-electoral violence raging in certain parts of the country now forces another question: ‘Do Nigerians want to build a nation of equal citizens having equal rights, equal opportunities and equal access to the good things of life, including security of lives and property and the freedom to live anywhere?’

“The uproar, chaos and confusion manifesting in certain parts of the country, even while the presidential election results are still being collated, seem to confirm that certain Nigerians seeking political office deceitfully mouth interest in the unity, safety and security of the nation,” the OPC said.

The group warned that no ethnic group in the country had monopoly of violence while noting that some leaders were merely paying lip service to the unity and equality of citizenry but inwardly believed they were specially ordained to rule the country.

“Now we know from the avalanche of bad news we receive from areas of intolerance, insecurity and arrogance that some people think they were ordained to rule this country forever.

“How do we excuse the holocaust unleashed against non-indigenes and places of worship in Bauchi, Kaduna, Yola and some segments of the North? No ethnic nationality can claim absolute monopoly of violence. There is hardly any ethnic nationality group that cannot be found in any cosmopolitan area of Nigeria. So the violence must stop. OPC will not fold its arms and watch southerners being slaughtered by enemies of peace, progress, development and unity,” the statement warned.

The statement bemoaned the attempt to discredit through violence the wonderful performance of the widely acknowledged credible election under the able Prof. Attahiru Jega-led Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC).

While reiterating its call for the convocation of Sovereign National Conference (SNC) as the only panacea to address the nation’s political problems, OPC warned that the country could not afford to go into another civil war.

http://sunnewsonline.com/webpages/news/national/2011/apr/19/national-19-04-2011-004.htm
Re: OPC Leader, Dr. Fredrick Fasehun, Threatens Reprisal Attacks by obowunmi(m): 11:09pm On Apr 19, 2011
This has nothing to do with the Hausas --- the North is tired of PDP. Illiterates need to stop making this a tribal issue.
Re: OPC Leader, Dr. Fredrick Fasehun, Threatens Reprisal Attacks by jason123: 11:10pm On Apr 19, 2011
Hmmmmm . . . .
Re: OPC Leader, Dr. Fredrick Fasehun, Threatens Reprisal Attacks by Obiagu1(m): 11:18pm On Apr 19, 2011
obowunmi:

This has nothing to do with the Hausas --- the North is tired of PDP. Illiterates need to stop making this a tribal issue.

They are tired of PDP yet PDP won more seats

This is a firm statement and I salute Dr. Fredrick Fasehun, if the whole South retaliates in equal measure, this whole madness will cease. Imagine Dangote killed in retaliation, every Norther politician, top business man will be the ones fighting to stop such violence from ever happening again in the North.
Re: OPC Leader, Dr. Fredrick Fasehun, Threatens Reprisal Attacks by ZnO: 11:19pm On Apr 19, 2011
What is OPC fretting about? I thought Swners are safe in the North? Why do SWners speak from both sides of their mouths, always?
Re: OPC Leader, Dr. Fredrick Fasehun, Threatens Reprisal Attacks by Nobody: 11:19pm On Apr 19, 2011
that's a nice photo.

so the man fine like that?

i had no idea.

i'm not into all this opc stuff though.  Sounds too much like massob, mend and all the other ethnocentric/nationalistic groups which[b] mysteriously [/b] sprang up around the same time.

lord have mercy.

besides, i think they practice a lot of juju and stuff.
Re: OPC Leader, Dr. Fredrick Fasehun, Threatens Reprisal Attacks by edoyad(m): 11:21pm On Apr 19, 2011
I think it's already too late for warnings, the number of innocent people killled in the affected areas (corps members and workers) of which yorubas form a reasonable number is enough to make Awo cry in his grave. Used the elections to unleash mayhem on other ethnicities.
Re: OPC Leader, Dr. Fredrick Fasehun, Threatens Reprisal Attacks by ektbear: 11:25pm On Apr 19, 2011
tpiah!:

that's a nice photo.

so the man fine like that?

i had no idea.

lmao  grin grin grin tongue cheesy
Re: OPC Leader, Dr. Fredrick Fasehun, Threatens Reprisal Attacks by edoyad(m): 11:26pm On Apr 19, 2011
Obiagu1:

They are tired of PDP yet PDP won more seats

This is a firm statement and I salute Dr. Fredrick Fasehun, if the whole South retaliates in equal measure, this whole madness will cease. Imagine Dangote killed in retaliation, every Norther politician, top business man will be the ones fighting to stop such violence from ever happening again in the North.

Abeg shocked , they shouldn't touch Dangote. He's got a functioning brain unlike most of his brothers.
Re: OPC Leader, Dr. Fredrick Fasehun, Threatens Reprisal Attacks by hbrednic: 11:29pm On Apr 19, 2011
thank you dr fasehun 4 standing for the truth,but please let there be no retaliation.
peace always reign supreme.
Re: OPC Leader, Dr. Fredrick Fasehun, Threatens Reprisal Attacks by aloyemeka2: 11:36pm On Apr 19, 2011
edoyad:

Abeg shocked , they shouldn't touch Dangote. He's got a functioning brain unlike most of his brothers.
shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: OPC Leader, Dr. Fredrick Fasehun, Threatens Reprisal Attacks by Obiagu1(m): 11:46pm On Apr 19, 2011
edoyad:

Are those slaughtered in the North not born with functioning brains?
Kill one of their most illustrious sons, others that live in the South will start campaigning seriously for a complete halt to the violence and try to prevent any other from ever happening again.
Re: OPC Leader, Dr. Fredrick Fasehun, Threatens Reprisal Attacks by jmaine: 11:48pm On Apr 19, 2011
retaliatory violence is not a good option . . .but in the face of constant provocation by a particular group . . . immeasurable and undefined retaliatory consequences would act as a reminder to them that violence begets even more brutal violence . . .we need peace and sanity among the hausas   . . .we need peaceful coexistence . . .
Re: OPC Leader, Dr. Fredrick Fasehun, Threatens Reprisal Attacks by Nobody: 11:49pm On Apr 19, 2011
obowunmi:

This has nothing to do with the Hausas --- the North is tired of PDP.  Illiterates need to stop making this a tribal issue.

Sorry, I couldnt return your salute on the other thread.

What do you mean by nothing to do with the Hausa but by the North? Who is the North. . . . the Hausa, Housa Muslims, Fulani, Berom, Zuru, CPC supporters or middle belters?
Since you said it shouldnt be ethnically thought thru. . . . . why is the so called north who is tired of PDP, instead of only going after PDP scribes decided to turn back and unleashed their anger mostly on Christians and innocent people of other ethnic group?

Now, having noticed that the crisis up north is ethnically motivated, do you think its wrong for OPC to come forth to protect their own. . . especially when the people in their ethnic group were worst hit?
Re: OPC Leader, Dr. Fredrick Fasehun, Threatens Reprisal Attacks by ezeagu(m): 11:50pm On Apr 19, 2011
ZnO:

What is OPC fretting about? I thought Swners are safe in the North? Why do SWners speak from both sides of their mouths, always?

It's a lie, Igbo people are asking them for help, remember?

This dotti Nigeria.
Re: OPC Leader, Dr. Fredrick Fasehun, Threatens Reprisal Attacks by Obiagu1(m): 11:54pm On Apr 19, 2011
jmaine:

retaliatory violence is not a good option . . .but in the face of constant provocation by a particular group . . . immeasurable and undefined retaliatory consequences would act as a reminder to them that violence begets even more brutal violence . . .we need peace and sanity among the hausas   . . .we need peaceful coexistence . . .

Day 1: Slaughtered Response: retaliatory violence is not a good option
Day 2: Slaughtered Response: retaliatory violence is not a good option
Day 3: Slaughtered Response: retaliatory violence is not a good option
Day 4: Slaughtered Response: retaliatory violence is not a good option

Who is the fool here and when is the killing ever going to stop? Kill me I kill you, our politicians are sick and dumb! sad
Re: OPC Leader, Dr. Fredrick Fasehun, Threatens Reprisal Attacks by aloyemeka2: 11:57pm On Apr 19, 2011
The group warned[b] that no ethnic group in the country had monopoly of violence[/b] while noting that some leaders were merely paying lip service to the unity and equality of citizenry but inwardly believed they were specially ordained to rule the country.

“Now we know from the avalanche of bad news we receive from areas of intolerance, insecurity and arrogance that some people think they were ordained to rule this country forever.

God bless Fasheun!. May you live long, amin.
Re: OPC Leader, Dr. Fredrick Fasehun, Threatens Reprisal Attacks by jmaine: 11:58pm On Apr 19, 2011
Obiagu1:

Day 1: Slaughtered     Response: retaliatory violence is not a good option
Day 2: Slaughtered     Response: retaliatory violence is not a good option
Day 3: Slaughtered     Response: retaliatory violence is not a good option
Day 4: Slaughtered     Response: retaliatory violence is not a good option

Who is the fool here and when is the killing ever going to stop? Kill me I kill you, our politicians are sick and dumb!  sad

I hear you sir, bullet no dey my stainless but i don carry my machete and my [size=14pt]7[/size]. . .when we go start our own  cheesy . . .time no dey  . . cos time is bloodshed of an innocent non-hausa . .
Re: OPC Leader, Dr. Fredrick Fasehun, Threatens Reprisal Attacks by Beaf: 12:13am On Apr 20, 2011
While reiterating its call for the convocation of Sovereign National Conference (SNC) as the only panacea to address the nation’s political problems, OPC warned that the country could not afford to go into another civil war.

I support this call entirely.
Re: OPC Leader, Dr. Fredrick Fasehun, Threatens Reprisal Attacks by OmoAbi(m): 12:32am On Apr 20, 2011
I'm very sure our forefathers will be very disappointed in us now.Desendants of warriors shaking at the threat of awusa/fulani idiots.
If we retaliate once,kill like 5000 awusa/fulani in the SW,they go wise-up.
Re: OPC Leader, Dr. Fredrick Fasehun, Threatens Reprisal Attacks by aloyemeka2: 12:54am On Apr 20, 2011
OmoAbi:

I'm very sure our forefathers will be very disappointed in us now.Desendants of warriors shaking at the threat of awusa/fulani idiots.

And they will annihilate the Yorubas in the North. Who will lose? Remember they don't value their lives as Southerners do and that is the power they have over Southerners.
Re: OPC Leader, Dr. Fredrick Fasehun, Threatens Reprisal Attacks by coldhearts(f): 12:56am On Apr 20, 2011
OmoAbi:

I hope you are joking, blood for blood - is that what you want, it cannot appease the damage done. You seriously sound like the igbos on NL yesterday - calling for revenge. Do you really think it is worth it?.

We are not in the stone age when we fought wars and took prisoners, if there's a peaceful way to resolve issues, it must be used first and as many times as needed/recommended.  

The Northerners are not all bad people ok. If i were you, i'd be more weary of our leaders mortgaging out the future of Nigeria than a fellow powerless nigerian.
Re: OPC Leader, Dr. Fredrick Fasehun, Threatens Reprisal Attacks by MaziUche0(m): 12:56am On Apr 20, 2011
Now this is what I like to hear from South-West brothers. smiley

God bless the real Yorubas. Not the fake ones like sjeezy and ekt_bear.
Re: OPC Leader, Dr. Fredrick Fasehun, Threatens Reprisal Attacks by aloyemeka2: 1:14am On Apr 20, 2011
coldhearts:

I hope you are joking, blood for blood - is that what you want, it cannot appease the damage done. You seriously sound like the igbos on NL yesterday - calling for revenge. Do you really think it is worth it?.

We are not in the stone age when we fought wars and took prisoners, if there's a peaceful way to resolve issues, it must be used first and as many times as needed/recommended.  

The Northerners are not all bad people ok. If i were you, i'd be more weary of our leaders mortgaging out the future of Nigeria than a fellow powerless nigerian.

Sometimes desperate measures are needed in desperate times. Hausa/Fulani continues to massacre at least 3000 Southerners every year since the Obasanjo regime and you still think that appealing to them to stop will do the magic?. The Jos carnage is every 6 months and count back to the last one and you will see it happen in Jos again. As a matter of fact, they will massacre more now that Jonathan is in power.
They were only killing Igbos/Ijaws/South Southerners before and the unaffected Yorubas and middle beltans kept quiet, they slowly shifted to killing all the Southerners and as if that was not enough, they've started killing middle beltans too. Where and when will it stop.

The USA took war to the Arabs because they will not let them relax and enjoy the blessings of a prosperous country God gave them and will you call that barbaric?. Should the US continue to appeal to Arabians to stop throwing bombs at them in the name of peace or send back fire for fire?. Should Israel allow Palestinians to continue killing them so an not to be called barbaric?.
Re: OPC Leader, Dr. Fredrick Fasehun, Threatens Reprisal Attacks by Musiwa13: 1:19am On Apr 20, 2011
w
Re: OPC Leader, Dr. Fredrick Fasehun, Threatens Reprisal Attacks by MaziUche0(m): 1:20am On Apr 20, 2011
Northerners killing Igbos in the North is not anything new though. They have been doing this even before Nigeria gained its independence. undecided

Yet, my people continue to travel up North. *smh*
Re: OPC Leader, Dr. Fredrick Fasehun, Threatens Reprisal Attacks by aloyemeka2: 1:20am On Apr 20, 2011
Musiwa,:

we should break up the country for peace sake and make buhari the president of the north.

And who will be the president of the South?. Asiwaju Bola Crooked  Tinubu?
Re: OPC Leader, Dr. Fredrick Fasehun, Threatens Reprisal Attacks by coldhearts(f): 1:36am On Apr 20, 2011
aloy-emeka:

Sometimes desperate measures are needed in desperate times. Hausa/Fulani continues to massacre at least 3000 Southerners every year since the Obasanjo regime and you still think that appealing to them to stop will do the magic?. The Jos carnage is every 6 months and count back to the last one and you will see it happen in Jos again. As a matter of fact, they will massacre more now that Jonathan is in power.
They were only killing Igbos/Ijaws/South Southerners before and the unaffected Yorubas and middle beltans kept quiet, they slowly shifted to killing all the Southerners and as if that was not enough, they've started killing middle beltans too. Where and when will it stop.

The USA took war to the Arabs because they will not let them relax and enjoy the blessings of a prosperous country God gave them and will you call that barbaric?. Should the US continue to appeal to Arabians to stop throwing bombs at them in the name of peace or send back fire for fire?. Should Israel allow Palestinians to continue killing them so an not to be called barbaric?.

By your logic, we might as well just kill ourselves, then who wins?. when it is all said and done, everyone remaining after generations of fighting would have forgotten who started it and what they were fighting about. Our leaders and foreigners would have looted the best out of us so go on and fight the north if you wish. Also, There aren't that many SW there to begin with plus we mostly avoid the North or try to blend in as muslim or whatever works.
Re: OPC Leader, Dr. Fredrick Fasehun, Threatens Reprisal Attacks by gadogado(m): 2:28am On Apr 20, 2011
There is no born to rule mentality, thats just what you southerners cooked up to rally yourselves against northern political forces. Lame! the riots happened because the election was rigged, goodluck did not get and could not get 40% of sokoto votes as the results showed!

Dont rig elections and there will be no violence! under ordinary circumstances, with no cheating, the election would go into a run off!!! not gej winning by over 10 million votes!! big lie!! rigging!!! you know it, the whole country knows the elections were rigged, northerners, if you heard what they were chanting, were aggrieved by the margin of loss not necessarily because gej "won" All the PDP knows is rigging! they're criminals and have no true legitimacy! if you recall in 1993, Kano people voted en mass for a southerner (MKO ABIOLA) over a son of the soil (Bashir Tofa)

in 1999, there was an agreement, saying power will rotate between north and south, it went to the north for 8 years and reciprocity and adherence to the agreement was naturally expected. It came back to the north, pres died in no time, then it was ok for the vp to continue, but naturally, the agreement should have stayed and gej step down for a northerner in 2011. But southerners said theres no agreement, which agreement, so this is now wayo!!! good and fine, lets have an honest election then, but no, they had to rig!

Most northerners want the country split in two, there's unity in the north and understanding! the only thing keeping southerners united in your hate for the north, if we break up, you'll swallow each other!! The northern elite who have hoarded all the money along with the southern elite are the only people "NIGERIA" is serving so they'll fight to keep the status quo, what average northerner smells oil money? pls tell me! when they're hungry so oil means jack, they couldn't be bothered since a split doesn't mean they lose anything, the only people that will lose are the less than 1000 individuals that make up the core of the northern elite, they all know each other and inter marry!!! get it straight people! I'm a northerner and I'd rather see the country broken up since it doesn't look like we can coexist as a united nation! many countries that have no oil are doing better than Nigeria anyway so oil is not a requisite for livelihood or even prosperity i dare to say, the north was doing fine pre oil before being inflicted with the dastardly dutch disease by the south!!

You can't keep to agreements and the cheat in elections!! so we might as well split! The condition being, for the sake of the history and the many positive effects we've had on each other (it hasn't all been negative hate) you allow us a port through dredging the Niger river and we'll be out of your skin in no time!! There's oil on the Nigerian side of lake Chad anyway since it exists on the Chadian side and the soil and geology is the same, it therefore must exist on the Nigerian side! politics won't let us be serious about exploration!!! But I'd love to split the country!!
Re: OPC Leader, Dr. Fredrick Fasehun, Threatens Reprisal Attacks by koruji(m): 2:35am On Apr 20, 2011
They are so tired of PDP that they voted massively for PDP in the previous election, AND WILL BE VOTING FOR PDP NEXT SATURDAY!!!

It is not being made tribal, the rioters were begining to target non-notherners, burning churches and needed to be stopped before it becomes a great conflagration that consumers everybody.

obowunmi:

This has nothing to do with the Hausas --- the North is tired of PDP.  Illiterates need to stop making this a tribal issue.
Re: OPC Leader, Dr. Fredrick Fasehun, Threatens Reprisal Attacks by smooooooth: 2:40am On Apr 20, 2011
everytime they keep warning while their people are been killed up north. abeg make opc shut up if them no get action. i should think warning the hausas by sending 1000 bodies from lagos to sokoto will be the only warnig those fools will hear. infact i look forward to the day the ''war'' will break out, wahalai, i wan kill like 2million aboki!
Re: OPC Leader, Dr. Fredrick Fasehun, Threatens Reprisal Attacks by MaziUche0(m): 2:41am On Apr 20, 2011
May the enlightened Yorubas listen to the words of OPC.

All I can say to those who are AFRAID, is what would your ancestors think of you?

What happened to the brave children of Oduduwa? What happened to the descendants of the Oyo Empire? The same empire that not only fought the Fulani, but fought the Dahomey Kingdom and the mighty Asante Confederacy!

Rise Odua nation and make sure your brothers are avenged!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Jonathan Travels To Jaimaica & Trinidad-And-Tobago / Ladipo Market Demolished / Local Governments Received N126.28bn From FAAC Allocation In May 2019 – NBS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.