Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,457 members, 7,816,070 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:17 AM

Qatar To Invest $5 Billion In Nigeria's Economy - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Qatar To Invest $5 Billion In Nigeria's Economy (20489 Views)

Qatar To Build 500,000 Housing Units In Kaduna / Lagos Free Zone To Attract Additional $5 Billion Investment To Lagos / $5 Billion Trapped Under Anambra Basin As Huge Gas Reserve Remains Stranded (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Qatar To Invest $5 Billion In Nigeria's Economy by lymelyte(m): 7:15am On Apr 15, 2021
heendrix:

If Nigeria was that terrible they won't travel over here in droves for business. can't you think undecided
it is because they know they can bribe thier way in and out of everything and cheap labor.. Nothing else
Re: Qatar To Invest $5 Billion In Nigeria's Economy by Rossphinki: 7:24am On Apr 15, 2021
Seniorwriter:

Lolz @d emboldened moreso this is my last response to allow your toxic ignorance show more....FYI most FDI includes procurement of existing infrastructures rather than building from scratch!

Err...so if I take 100 million dollars to invest and build a factory in Tanzania, I will be taking ownership of existing Tanzanian infrastructure?

How?

Illiterate American Trump supporting air head.

You must have attended 'Trump university', that scam used by the former US president to swindle American students.
Re: Qatar To Invest $5 Billion In Nigeria's Economy by justtoodark: 7:24am On Apr 15, 2021
heendrix:
Meanwhile Nigerians are running away from the country in drove. sects of folks with eyes but cannot see undecided

look your life....
even with lockdown everywhere because of covid,you still say running away from the country in drove....

where are they runnin to in droves....??
Re: Qatar To Invest $5 Billion In Nigeria's Economy by Rossphinki: 7:28am On Apr 15, 2021
Theoutsider:

The QATAR 5 billion is a SWF knucklehead aka a loan aka FDI.

American he-goat. FDI is not the same as a loan any more than my taking 100 million dollars to build a factory in Tanzania means I am loaning 100 million dollars to the Tanzanian govt.

Low IQ Trump supporter.

Why don't you return to the neo-nazi site you crawled out of, you peabrain redneck from rural Alabama?

1 Like

Re: Qatar To Invest $5 Billion In Nigeria's Economy by Odidigboigbo(m): 7:31am On Apr 15, 2021
Rossphinki:
Good development.

I wonder why Qatar didn't invest that 5 billion dollars in Ghana, instead of Nigeria, since according to mumu Nairalanders, Ghana is 100 billion times better than Nigeria.

Awon werey.

So you believe this political statement by the government? I can only believe if the statement is coming from Qatar or when I see the investment not mere political statement by politicians, just the way they promised to provide 100 million jobs and move every Nigerians out of poverty. Twitter moving to Ghana is visible not audio investment promise by government.
Re: Qatar To Invest $5 Billion In Nigeria's Economy by Seniorwriter(m): 7:32am On Apr 15, 2021
Rossphinki:

Err...so if I take 100 million dollars to invest and build a factory in Tanzania, I will be taking ownership of existing Tanzanian infrastructure?

How?

Illiterate American Trump supporting air head.

You must have attended 'Trump university', that scam used by the former US president to swindle American students.

Imagine? SMH @you....you are a lost case !
I noticed you are just been a nuisance on this thread with the number of unscrupulous quotes you have been engaging on with others

@Seniorwriter

1 Like

Re: Qatar To Invest $5 Billion In Nigeria's Economy by donforeign: 7:36am On Apr 15, 2021
Rossphinki:
Good development.

I wonder why Qatar didn't invest that 5 billion dollars in Ghana, instead of Nigeria, since according to mumu Nairalanders, Ghana is 100 billion times better than Nigeria.

Awon werey.

Of cos Ghana is better ode ..
Be deceiving yourself there. Fowl
Re: Qatar To Invest $5 Billion In Nigeria's Economy by Igbojihadist: 7:37am On Apr 15, 2021
omo see population 2.8million people abeg what is the population of nigeria again??
Re: Qatar To Invest $5 Billion In Nigeria's Economy by sinkhole: 7:39am On Apr 15, 2021
Rossphinki:

What a foolish, ignorant, and thoughtless statement.

How can Nigerian elites '''carry the profit'' from a foreign company's investment and go and spend in Dubai?

So if you go and invest your money and build a factory in Senegal, and you make profits, how will the Senegalese 'elites' take YOUR COMPANY PROFITS, AND GO AND SPEND ON THEMSELVES?

I MEAN.....DAMN!!!!!

Is our education system really this terrible now?

Bros, did you read today's papers?
How many Nigerian governors have billions of naira in properties in London?
I think you are the biggest fool here and probably one of those who squadered Nigerian money abroad.

If foreigners invest in Nigeria, is Nigeria not suppose to make money from such investment?

FOOL, YOU ARE angry

1 Like

Re: Qatar To Invest $5 Billion In Nigeria's Economy by Sanctecosma(m): 7:41am On Apr 15, 2021
Lanre90:
Invest another word for LOAN
Abii? grin
Lanre90:
Invest another word for LOAN
Abii?

1 Like

Re: Qatar To Invest $5 Billion In Nigeria's Economy by Igbojihadist: 7:42am On Apr 15, 2021
Rossphinki:

It is ok for you people to harshly and foolishly claim that everything, including foreign investment(!) is an opportunity for govt to loot, but we cannot harshly tell you you are talking illiterate rubbish?

Why can't you people take the time to go on Google and learn what foreign direct investment means before mouthing off your negativities and accusations?

bros good morning, i like your understandings
Re: Qatar To Invest $5 Billion In Nigeria's Economy by Igbojihadist: 7:42am On Apr 15, 2021
Rossphinki:

It is ok for you people to harshly and foolishly claim that everything, including foreign investment(!) is an opportunity for govt to loot, but we cannot harshly tell you you are talking illiterate rubbish?

Why can't you people take the time to go on Google and learn what foreign direct investment means before mouthing off your negativities and accusations?

Re: Qatar To Invest $5 Billion In Nigeria's Economy by Odidigboigbo(m): 7:43am On Apr 15, 2021
techmo:

I don't speak with uncouth, uncivilised people who really can't argue with facts

Good day
which facts are you looking for? Even in the article, it was clearly stated that Qatar is the third Oil richest state with a population of about 2.8 million, which is less than the population of Ogun state. Yet, you expect Nigeria to have the same reserve and investment like them. Though, I may not be in support of our leaders but Sometimes, let's be reasonable with our analysis.
Re: Qatar To Invest $5 Billion In Nigeria's Economy by felixedet(m): 7:44am On Apr 15, 2021
Seniorwriter:
Investment Funds to be looted by this Clueless bunch of present administration! SMH
We need a paradigm shift in our leadership sphere....a young visionary leader to take us there!

Proactivity Leads To Productivity!
@Seniorwriter

As I see the pictures of those past Nigerians leaders, what comes to mind is a set of the most "the most brainwashed" slaves in history.

Faces of failures
Re: Qatar To Invest $5 Billion In Nigeria's Economy by reiddecuti: 7:45am On Apr 15, 2021
FG trying to sell it self to Nigerians, it will still turnout to be faux. Not with a government that have no direction of where they're going.
Re: Qatar To Invest $5 Billion In Nigeria's Economy by Topmaike007(m): 7:46am On Apr 15, 2021
mountmoriah:
Good for Nigeria developmenthe, but the money may or may not be beneficiary to Nigerians because few elites may already be planning on how to share the money
the money is not meant for anyone they want to invest on infrastructures where they will see ROI..
Re: Qatar To Invest $5 Billion In Nigeria's Economy by Topmaike007(m): 7:48am On Apr 15, 2021
veekid:
Invest it in the north as usual, I pray they won't regret it.
oga na Lagos/Abj they Wan invest the money
Re: Qatar To Invest $5 Billion In Nigeria's Economy by Topmaike007(m): 7:50am On Apr 15, 2021
chaloskyx:
WASTE OF MONEY BETTER INVEST IT IN MORE DEVELOPED AFRICAN NATIONS LIKE S.A ETHOPIA GHANA AND THE LIKES NIGERIA HAS NOTHING TO OFFER ITS PEOPLE TALKLESS OF THE WORLD
keep shut....
Re: Qatar To Invest $5 Billion In Nigeria's Economy by Latvin: 7:51am On Apr 15, 2021
morgstreme:

Most of them are BACKWARD/unexposed...

Same people that proudly boast that they are far better and educated than Northerners. The sheer number of 'illiterates', educated or not in this country needs addressing.
Re: Qatar To Invest $5 Billion In Nigeria's Economy by ransomed: 8:00am On Apr 15, 2021
What sector of the economy is Qatar coming to invest in?
Hope is not an avenue to fund ISWAP, Boko Haram and Herdsmen?
I do not trust these islamists with their hidden agenda. They no longer respect Ramadan as they bomb, exterminate innocents during their holy month.
Nairaland terrorists are permitted to respond negatively.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Qatar To Invest $5 Billion In Nigeria's Economy by Topmaike007(m): 8:00am On Apr 15, 2021
obalize:
Qatar?
Which investment of $5billion?
Who made Geoffrey Onyema investment champion?

Another useless post meant to deceive the gullible.. Investing $5billion in the midst of insecurity and corruption at it's very highest point in Nigeria, thanks to Baba Go Slow.

That money will end up in private pockets of Northern Politicians..
Chai so ashame to have you guys as a fellow citizens in Nigeria...

So you mean wetin concern minister of foreign affairs with Qatar entering Nigeria..

I laugh in Nuclear weapon
Re: Qatar To Invest $5 Billion In Nigeria's Economy by Topmaike007(m): 8:01am On Apr 15, 2021
ransomed:
What sector of the economy is Qatar coming to invest in?
Hope is not an avenue to fund ISWAP, Boko Haram and Herdsmen?
I do not trust these islamists with their hidden agenda. They no longer respect Ramadan as they bomb, exterminate innocents during their holy month.
Nairaland terrorists are permitted to respond negatively.
you mean the same Saudi fighting Isil and Iran backed Millitas
Re: Qatar To Invest $5 Billion In Nigeria's Economy by IJEYdiamond(f): 8:15am On Apr 15, 2021
All this countries should stop wasting the funds and cash...

They should look for the part of Nigeria and buy colonize... grin

Its goes as follows

North East-..... China or North korea/ Russia
North west.......lndia or china... some part to Middle east Asia.

North central..... Europe/America/Asia
South East/South South. .. Asia/America North or South Asia and lsrael

South west.. Europe/ America/Asia/New Zealand

Interested buyers get ready..... because soon and very soon... we are going... to the hands of these buyers.
Re: Qatar To Invest $5 Billion In Nigeria's Economy by gevans(m): 8:22am On Apr 15, 2021
This is good news
Re: Qatar To Invest $5 Billion In Nigeria's Economy by techmo(m): 8:33am On Apr 15, 2021
Odidigboigbo:
which facts are you looking for? Even in the article, it was clearly stated that Qatar is the third Oil richest state with a population of about 2.8 million, which is less than the population of Ogun state. Yet, you expect Nigeria to have the same reserve and investment like them. Though, I may not be in support of our leaders but Sometimes, let's be reasonable with our analysis.

You may see population as an asset or a liability

China sees it population as a major asset..

I clearly stated ECA should be invested

At no point did I say our investment must be equal to that of Qatar

I also emphasized on spending proceed of investment from oil and not the actual oil sales dollars

If anything.. before Oil, Awolowo and Samuel Ladoke made many investment through Odia groups for western region, which spans from real estate to banking
Re: Qatar To Invest $5 Billion In Nigeria's Economy by LordPsalm(m): 8:34am On Apr 15, 2021
Dear Qatar.
Onbehalf of sincere Nigerians association, we advice u to invest this huge money in Ghana due to the fact that even animals swallows money here.
Re: Qatar To Invest $5 Billion In Nigeria's Economy by Reasonwithme2(m): 8:34am On Apr 15, 2021
More cash out for Mr president and his boys.
Re: Qatar To Invest $5 Billion In Nigeria's Economy by Newton85: 8:39am On Apr 15, 2021
Rossphinki:
Good development.

Awon werey.

Lol, don't take those low IQ jokers seriously. The only reason those pea-brained morons unnecessarily hype Ghana is because Atiku and Obi didn't win the election. You'd think these cretins would move to Ghana enmasse if it was actually better than Nigeria, lol. Cost of living in Ghana is higher than in Nigeria. The electricity that Ghanaians always brag with is experiencing challenges now too. There's intermittent dumsor currently in Ghana. They can only fool those who haven't been to Ghana before.
Re: Qatar To Invest $5 Billion In Nigeria's Economy by vanvino(m): 8:39am On Apr 15, 2021
limeta:
As long they not investing in boko haram or Islam but again what their interest
Thank you, what's their interest? many time we hear investment and money we will not ask questions....later we hear a different story when e don choke us
Re: Qatar To Invest $5 Billion In Nigeria's Economy by pquaver(m): 8:40am On Apr 15, 2021
Rossphinki:

Damn. Another one who thinks foreign investment gives govt officials money to loot.

Who will educate these illiterates pls?
Have u ever seen a literate ipob? The most important criteria to be an ipob member is illiteracy followed by misyarn. So why r u surprised?

ipob and illiteracy is 5&6 ABEG ZUMA MEME
for it..

1 Like

Re: Qatar To Invest $5 Billion In Nigeria's Economy by Newton85: 8:45am On Apr 15, 2021
Seniorwriter:
Investment Funds to be looted by this Clueless bunch of present administration! SMH
We need a paradigm shift in our leadership sphere....a young visionary leader to take us there!

Proactivity Leads To Productivity!
@Seniorwriter
So, in your -2 IQ brain, the money the Qataris are investing in the Nigerian economy in other to make economic profits, will be looted by the Nigerian government? Chai! Seun Osewa needs to make IQ test mandatory in order to join Nairaland.

1 Like

Re: Qatar To Invest $5 Billion In Nigeria's Economy by Seniorwriter(m): 8:52am On Apr 15, 2021
Newton85:
So, in your -2 IQ brain, the money the Qataris are investing in the Nigerian economy in other to make economic profits, will be looted by the Nigerian government? Chai! Seun Osewa needs to make IQ test mandatory in order to join Nairaland.

SMH @ your toxic ignorant self and dust IQ....reason you think looting only occurs with FUNDS right? I advice you 2stop exhibiting your toxic ignorance on a public space like here on Nairaland.

Deep Quote
Ability to read and comprehend is a Superpower !
You lack it.

@Seniorwriter

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Apc Claims Buhari Is Responsible For The U-17 World Cup Victory / 2019: ‘Buhari Should Go Home And Rest’ - Dogowa / Abdullahi Umar Ganduje's Throwback Photo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.