Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,089 members, 7,818,273 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:39 AM

FG To Auction ₦150 Billion Bonds In April - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / FG To Auction ₦150 Billion Bonds In April (10641 Views)

After Raising Hopes, Naira Depreciates Against The Dollar By 5.8% In April / Federal Government To Auction N100 Billion Bonds On March 27 / Dangote Announces Issuance Of ₦50 Billion Series 1 & 2 Under ₦ 150 Billion C.P (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG To Auction ₦150 Billion Bonds In April by nthony10: 6:40am On Apr 15, 2021
Officialhorlah:

https://punchng.com/fg-to-auction-n150bn-bonds-in-april/

It's obvious the government is getting broke, if not they should have done it short term, by the time these bonds mature inflation would have eaten into them and the buyers of these bonds either loose their monies or have it stagnant.

The country is not stable enough to earn investors trust, also the government has succeeded in borrowing to the limit.
Truth is Nigerian Government bonds (treasury bills) are no longer profitable as they used to be, people would rather invest in properties or stocks or even bitcoin.
But what do I know grin

2 Likes

Re: FG To Auction ₦150 Billion Bonds In April by Simisima(m): 6:57am On Apr 15, 2021
Ok.
Re: FG To Auction ₦150 Billion Bonds In April by channelstravel: 7:06am On Apr 15, 2021
How can one buy na
Re: FG To Auction ₦150 Billion Bonds In April by Harrisonwo(m): 7:16am On Apr 15, 2021
atarapa:
Honestly I don't understand what this is all about. Please can someone educate me on this?

borrow me #150b and I will pay pay in 10,15,20yrs with the interest rates attached depending on the amount/year attached u want to borrow me

2 Likes

Re: FG To Auction ₦150 Billion Bonds In April by Princeton92(m): 7:19am On Apr 15, 2021
walcruise:
Someone should please explain how bonds work

Good question because I don't even follow what this bond thingy is
Re: FG To Auction ₦150 Billion Bonds In April by israelmao(m): 7:25am On Apr 15, 2021
Another way of borrowing to fund their ineptitude.
Re: FG To Auction ₦150 Billion Bonds In April by shedy03(m): 7:31am On Apr 15, 2021
E be like say the thing pass buhari power sooo tayyyy he run go England to check his health up.
Re: FG To Auction ₦150 Billion Bonds In April by Nobody: 7:32am On Apr 15, 2021
Aaa007:
9ice
It means the government is heavily indepted and is issuing bonds for interest, ie the government's way of borrowing money from the people to pay back with interest. So how exactly is that 9ice. You people should learn to read.
Re: FG To Auction ₦150 Billion Bonds In April by Nobody: 7:33am On Apr 15, 2021
Harrisonwo:

borrow me #150b and I will pay pay in 10,15,20yrs with the interest rates attached depending on the amount/year attached u want to borrow me
ok thanks a lot.
Re: FG To Auction ₦150 Billion Bonds In April by 9jaRealist: 7:34am On Apr 15, 2021
walcruise:
Someone should please explain how bonds work

It’s simply another form of BORROWING money (DEBT)...

Eg, government (or a company) can issue a 7-year N100b bond, which is bought by investors (aka “bond holders”)..
During the 7 year term, the issuer (ie, the government or company) will pay interest (called a “coupon”) to the bond holders.

At the end of the 7 years (or Term), the Issuer will buy-back the bonds (called “Redemption”) for N100b (the “Principal” amount).
There can many different provisions (eg, “puts” or “calls”, among others), but the foregoing are the vanilla BASICS of bond issuance.
>

3 Likes

Re: FG To Auction ₦150 Billion Bonds In April by Nobody: 7:35am On Apr 15, 2021
macaranta:
Bonds? That will have the FG paying back huge amounts in the future when they're all out of office. Honestly, this is sad, everything this people have done is loan money with repayment times that won't concern them when it's due.. Smh
Nigeria has been borrowing money for over 15 years now, the worst was in Buhari's administration! One day we'll wake up and dollar will job to 2,000 naira. Na that time our eyes go clear.
Re: FG To Auction ₦150 Billion Bonds In April by 9jaRealist: 7:36am On Apr 15, 2021
Harrisonwo:

LEND me, not borrow me... grin grin grin
>
Re: FG To Auction ₦150 Billion Bonds In April by Ellixlimswag(m): 7:40am On Apr 15, 2021
At this point bond is a waste a meager percentage.... just buy bnb and hold be patient ..: you do be amazed.
Re: FG To Auction ₦150 Billion Bonds In April by Josywhyte: 7:42am On Apr 15, 2021
Oh....naija....the worst country in Africa
Re: FG To Auction ₦150 Billion Bonds In April by Nobody: 7:44am On Apr 15, 2021
atarapa:
Honestly I don't understand what this is all about. Please can someone educate me on this?
It's one of the government's way of borrowing money from the people and with interest. So if you buy into a 5 years government bond with 2% interest with 10 million, it simply means the government will pay you 2% of your 10 million for 5 years and at the maturity date your 10 million will be given back to you. They might just print more money or devalue the Naira again to pay back, Nigeria is in a financial crisis.

1 Like

Re: FG To Auction ₦150 Billion Bonds In April by felixzo1(m): 7:48am On Apr 15, 2021
If the bonds are issued in dollars and interest paid in dollars maybe its worth while, the way the naira depreciate in 1 year, the naira will loss value more than 20%,
Re: FG To Auction ₦150 Billion Bonds In April by baldwin84(m): 7:55am On Apr 15, 2021
atarapa:
. Layman explanation.... . it's like when borrow Mr Mike money to do business let say 1million and in return Mr Mike promise to be giving u 100,000 every year for the numbers of years u agreed on let say 10yrs. And at the of the 10year he will pay back the money u borrow him which is 1million

1 Like

Re: FG To Auction ₦150 Billion Bonds In April by DEADALIVE: 8:30am On Apr 15, 2021
Useless country that kills anything home made factory and manufacturing business now selling papers to decieve same thieves in thesame caucus with useless promises on political ambition that will eventually sink the country into financial comatose.
If no be God and BTC nigeria economy na dead!
I will not invest my money in naira until we have a president like yardua Umar again with vision.
All these their plan to have excess cash to spend come 2023 just to hold on to power...
Re: FG To Auction ₦150 Billion Bonds In April by Igbojihadist: 8:38am On Apr 15, 2021
local man is confuse
Re: FG To Auction ₦150 Billion Bonds In April by icedbreez(m): 9:09am On Apr 15, 2021
The equivalent of a broke man selling off his properties.

naija is broke. run aground.
Re: FG To Auction ₦150 Billion Bonds In April by piagetskinner(m): 9:20am On Apr 15, 2021
Sysdatek:

Lol
When I can stake crypto assets and earn more

Mad ness undecided

Wahala for who no sabi what's up

Wahala oo
Re: FG To Auction ₦150 Billion Bonds In April by Awoleesu(m): 9:30am On Apr 15, 2021
PHPdeveloper200:
This is just slightly above 1% interest per year. Treasury bills no dey pay again. For those investing,how sure are you that Nigeria will remain one country at 2027?
Hi I am Clinton, a fullstack web developer. I develop complex custom websites for individuals and businesses. If you need a website that can send emails and SMS to your clients, integrate payment gateway API like paystack etc kindly WhatsApp me on 0;8;0;7;9;4;13;7;3;8 contact on my profile
Gbam!
Oil dey your head!
Re: FG To Auction ₦150 Billion Bonds In April by Awoleesu(m): 9:37am On Apr 15, 2021
This invitation to treat gives me the creeps...
It bears all the hallmarks of a scam riddled investment offer!

1. Closest mature date is 2027! When this untrustworthy government would have long squandered the proceeds and disappeared into thin air...

2. With the attendant political instability and agitations for dismemberment of Nigeria, if the country dissolves before the date of Bond maturity, who shall investors hold for their payments?

In any case, all investments are risks...

1 Like

Re: FG To Auction ₦150 Billion Bonds In April by oladosu59996: 9:55am On Apr 15, 2021
:LolWhen I can stake crypto assets and earn moreMad ness Wahala for who no sabi what's upWahala oo
Re: FG To Auction ₦150 Billion Bonds In April by armadeo(m): 10:22am On Apr 15, 2021
12345baba:
Worthless bond

Lool
Re: FG To Auction ₦150 Billion Bonds In April by armadeo(m): 10:26am On Apr 15, 2021
Awoleesu:
This invitation to treat gives me the creeps...
It bears all the hallmarks of a scam riddled investment offer!

1. Closest mature date is 2027! When this untrustworthy government would have long squandered the proceeds and disappeared into thin air...

2. With the attendant political instability and agitations for dismemberment of Nigeria, if the country dissolves before the date of Bond maturity, who shall investors hold for their payments?

In any case, all investments are risks...

Whos gonna take this risk.

Imagine waiting for 2027. I'm not japanese.

Criminals would have carried your current cash and leave you with probable useless paper saying thy owe you.

Lol. They cant print money again so they are hustling cash.

1 Like

Re: FG To Auction ₦150 Billion Bonds In April by Chuksgeo: 10:28am On Apr 15, 2021
what is the assurance that there will be a country like Nigeria by 2027. . .2035 etc
Re: FG To Auction ₦150 Billion Bonds In April by Nobody: 10:51am On Apr 15, 2021
COMPAQ:

In 10years, even with the interest but with likely devaluation of the Naira it will be like someone is standing still for 10years

you said it all.
Re: FG To Auction ₦150 Billion Bonds In April by phal: 12:41pm On Apr 15, 2021
You mean Nigeria don turn salvage vehicle abi..hahahahahaha cheesy grin cheesy cheesy cheesy
handsomeyinka:
I wont be suprised if they auction Nigeria on iaai or copart.

Our leaders are so wicked.
Re: FG To Auction ₦150 Billion Bonds In April by addictiv(m): 12:57pm On Apr 15, 2021
it seems FGis now running a giant ponzi scheme..

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Richard Branson And Mike Adenuga: Compare And Contrast / Please Beware Paylater Is A Big Scam / Export Uk Food To Nigeria Or Export Nigerian Food To Uk? Help Please!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.