Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,910 members, 7,821,165 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 09:12 AM

Letter To The Christian Leaders - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Letter To The Christian Leaders (368 Views)

TB Joshua's Burial: No PFN, CAN And Notable Christian Leaders / Why Is The Christian Life So Hard? - Olamide Obire / Which Version Of The Christian Bible Is The Best? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Letter To The Christian Leaders by poeticsoldier(m): 10:27am On Apr 15, 2021
With deep respect and utmost sadness for lives unjustly lost,have I penned down this letter.

I am a Christian,I mean a Christian who believe strongly in the faith and who cannot under estimate the relevance of our spiritual fathers who are too numerous to mention.I can attest to lots of teachings from you,practical faith,practical examples and well taught out tenets of the bible you have fed us with over the years.They are no doubts, succours,roots and vitamins to us,to the extent that we,I mean the younger generation are looking forward to you.

However,our esteemed fathers, I'm not happy with your stand with these politicians.I don't mean when they have occupied the seats of governance but when they were still running helter- skelter to garner votes for the intended stools.

Sirs,what did the lord told you about that president that came to you for prayers and support?What did God told you about those senators, councillors,ministers,governors etc?

Didnt God mentioned to you that they will kill us?Didn't God told you they would embezzle,loot,become deaf to wise instructions and bite your fingers and render your counsels useless?

God sirs is not, and will never be an author of confusion.He sees the end from the beginning.He speaks and continue speaking.What exactly did he say about them?

We actually thought,they were the chosen one when you lifted up their hands.When they came to church in spite of their faith to identify with the people of God. When they listened with rapt attention to sermons from the pulpit and flashed smiles at the congregation.

We thought they have been purified and sanctified that was why you,our leaders were parading them then.

What happened along the way sirs?Did God eventually rejected them and you did not announced to us?At what point,did you get to know that they had faked and used you?Would you say that,that which they do now were not revealed to you before we gladly gave our votes to them?

The youths are sad sir, for riding on our backs to stardom and hack that same backs down.For how long would you allow us to be treated like useful idiots and senseless people?I think of the fiery prophets in the bible,whom some of you sirs shared resemblance with.Prophets like Elijah who stood against the oppressive King and his wife.Prophet like Samuel who tore off the kingdom of a king who was arrogant to the instruction of God.

Prophets like Isaiah,Ezekiel,Elisha Deborah that brave woman,whose prophecy saw the end of Sisera and more who dare the rulers wraths both before they embarked on the throne and while on throne,and who heaven recordedtheir prowesses in standing as torch that lighten the paths of the people of the lord.

Dear sirs,I am afraid,we are afraid that,we may not follow your leading come 2023 when next you allow the politicians to use you.Not that we want to be rude to our spiritual fathers but we want to be free from the politicians schemings,which see our Daddies and G.O in faith becomes tools in the hands of these oppressors called politicians.

1 Like

Re: Letter To The Christian Leaders by advanceDNA: 10:48am On Apr 15, 2021
Freewill is the problem of the equation ....the ability of man to do whatever he wants..

Even after a prophecy has been revealed ... freewill will eventually determine the outcome....

Jonah went to Nineveh to prophecy doom...their will to repent changed what was already spoken...

Was Saul not chosen.. ddnt he mess it up with is freewill....David nearly did the same..

See.. at the end of the day... God won’t go back against his principle to force anyone to do his will.. The worst pastors can do is pray... God already warned about the dangers and outcomes of one man ruling over a people... He already said the outcome won’t be pretty...butwe have said that the system we want...

1 Like

Re: Letter To The Christian Leaders by poeticsoldier(m): 10:58am On Apr 15, 2021
[quote author=advanceDNA post=100813056]Freewill is the problem of the equation ....the ability of man to do whatever he wants..

Even after a prophecy has been revealed ... freewill will eventually determine the outcome....

Jonah went to Nineveh to prophecy doom...their will to repent changed what was already spoken...

Was Saul not chosen.. ddnt he mess it up with is freewill....David nearly did the same..

See.. at the end of the day... God won’t go back against his principle to force anyone to do his will.. The worst pastors can do is pray... God already warned about the dangers and outcomes of one man ruling over a people... He already said the outcome won’t be pretty...butwe have said that the system we want...

Hmm deep! But there are prophets in the bible who saw and proclaimed without minding the one they said those words to.Samuel told Saul that his kingdom would be taking from him for disobedience.But we see some men of God hobnobbing with these politicians even when they had gone wrong to heaven dictate.May God help us.

1 Like

Re: Letter To The Christian Leaders by Kobojunkiee: 12:05pm On Apr 15, 2021
advanceDNA:
Freewill is the problem of the equation ....the ability of man to do whatever he wants..

Free will has nothing to do with this. You need to understand what the New Covenant relationship between God and man is really about to realize this. undecided

God told you in Ezekiel 36, that He will implant His own spirit inside of all those who submit to accepting and obeying His teachings/commandments, in order to control and cause them to do His Will, implying that they abandon all thoughts of free will if they intend to enter into this relationship with Him. undecided

Your false teachers and prophets refuse to submit to God's request, instead continuing in their sins, setting themselves up as teachers and shepherds in his kingdom.. the wolves Jesus Christ warned His flock against. undecided

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Letter To The Christian Leaders by advanceDNA: 12:25pm On Apr 15, 2021
Kobojunkiee:
Free will has nothing to do with this. You need to understand what the New Covenant relationship between God and man is really about to realize this. undecided

God told you in Ezekiel 36, that He will implant His own spirit inside of all those who submit to accepting and obeying His teachings/commandments, in order to control and cause them to do His Will, implying that they abandon all thoughts of free will if they intend to enter into this relationship with Him. undecided

Your false teachers and prophets refuse to submit to God's request, instead continuing in their sins, setting themselves up as teachers and shepherds in his kingdom.. the wolves Jesus Christ warned His flock against. undecided

Free will has nothing to do with it?? yet atheist led nation care to a large extent..

U are trying to sound superior...I’m not dragging superiority with u ...and I never argued or denied the plan of God through his spirit for us...

God’s spirit will empower to do God’s will...the spirit won’t take your free will and turn you into a zombie...
at the end of the day, u are still walking and and operating in a flesh-driven world...perfection will come at resurrection..
Re: Letter To The Christian Leaders by Kobojunkiee: 3:57pm On Apr 15, 2021
advanceDNA:
Free will has nothing to do with it?? yet atheist led nation care to a large extent..U are trying to sound superior...I’m not dragging superiority with u ...and I never argued or denied the plan of God through his spirit for us...

God’s spirit will empower to do God’s will...the spirit won’t take your free will and turn you into a zombie...
at the end of the day, u are still walking and and operating in a flesh-driven world...perfection will come at resurrection..
The Spirit will not take your freewill away from you? Ok.... lets take a look at what God in fact says of His New Covenant

Ezekiel 36 vs 24-30 (ESV)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
24. “I will take you out of those nations, gather you together, and bring you back to your own land.
25. Then I will sprinkle pure water on you and make you pure. I will wash away all your filth, the filth from those nasty idols, and I will make you pure.
26. I will also put a new spirit in you to change your way of thinking. I will take out the heart of stone from your body and give you a tender, human heart.
27. I will put my Spirit inside you[c] and change you so that you will obey my laws. You will carefully obey my commands.
28. Then you will live in the land that I gave to your ancestors. You will be my people, and I will be your God.
29. Also, I will save you and keep you from becoming unclean. I will command the grain to grow. I will not bring a famine against you.
30. I will give you large crops of fruit from your trees and the harvest from your fields so that you will never again feel the shame of being hungry in a foreign country.
31. You will remember the bad things you did. You will remember that those things were not good. Then you will hate yourselves because of your sins and the terrible things you did.”
So, tell us, where is your free will in the statement made by God there? undecided
Re: Letter To The Christian Leaders by advanceDNA: 4:46pm On Apr 15, 2021
Kobojunkiee:
The Spirit will not take your freewill away from you? Ok.... lets take a look at what God in fact says of His New Covenant
So, tell us, where is your free will in the statement made by God there? undecided

God doesn’t force anybody to do anything...he only empowers u by his spirit according to your level of commitment/walk with him.... if he takes people’s free will...David won’t do evil by killing Uriah and take his wife..

And don’t tell me David doesn’t have God’s spirit.
Re: Letter To The Christian Leaders by Kobojunkiee: 4:54pm On Apr 15, 2021
advanceDNA:
God doesn’t force anybody to do anything...he only empowers u by his spirit according to your level of commitment/walk with him.... if he takes people’s free will...David won’t do evil by killing Uriah and take his wife..

And don’t tell me David doesn’t have God’s spirit.
Leave David out of this please. David was under the Old Covenant, whereas Jesus Christ is the New Covenant Law of God. Pay attention to what God Himself of His New Covenant.

Ezekiel 36 vs 24-30 (ESV)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
24. “I will take you out of those nations, gather you together, and bring you back to your own land.
25. Then I will sprinkle pure water on you and make you pure. I will wash away all your filth, the filth from those nasty idols, and I will make you pure.
26. I will also put a new spirit in you to change your way of thinking. I will take out the heart of stone from your body and give you a tender, human heart.
27. I will put my Spirit inside you[c] and change you so that you will obey my laws. You will carefully obey my commands.
28. Then you will live in the land that I gave to your ancestors. You will be my people, and I will be your God.
29. Also, I will save you and keep you from becoming unclean. I will command the grain to grow. I will not bring a famine against you.
30. I will give you large crops of fruit from your trees and the harvest from your fields so that you will never again feel the shame of being hungry in a foreign country.
31. You will remember the bad things you did. You will remember that those things were not good. Then you will hate yourselves because of your sins and the terrible things you did.”
What part of the above sounds like God "empowering" you by His Spirit according to your level of commitment/walk with Him? undecided

What part of the above declaration, made by God Himself, of His New Covenant, leads you to believe that when Jesus Christ declared that the Spirit of God will "lead" those who belong to God, He, Jesus Christ, did not literally imply a type of "control"? undecided

God tells you that He will put His Spirit inside of you to ensure that you carefully obey His commands, so why do you keep harping on free will when He is saying He will enforce, at least, some level of control over you? undecided
Re: Letter To The Christian Leaders by advanceDNA: 5:00pm On Apr 15, 2021
Kobojunkiee:
Leave David out of this please. David was under the Old Covenant, whereas Jesus Christ is the New Covenant Law of God. Pay attention to what God Himself of His New Covenant.
What part of the above sounds like God "empowering" you by His Spirit according to your level of commitment/walk with Him? undecided

What part of the above declaration, made by God Himself, of His New Covenant, leads you to believe that when Jesus Christ declared that the Spirit of God will "lead" those who belong to God, He, Jesus Christ, did not literally imply a type of "control"? undecided

Yes...Having the spirit of God means you have God to lead you..unlike does who don’t have th baptism at all...but it doesn’t mean u don’t have a mind any more....u still have the freewill to say say yes or know...God doesn’t make people zombies ....if u can’t get my drift...I surrender to u... we don’t have to argue about it..
Re: Letter To The Christian Leaders by Kobojunkiee: 5:16pm On Apr 15, 2021
advanceDNA:
Yes...Having the spirit of God means you have God to lead you..unlike does who don’t have th baptism at all...but it doesn’t mean u don’t have a mind any more....
You keep trying to tell me your thoughts, disregarding the Truth of God as declared by God, right there in the passage provided - why is that?undecided
advanceDNA:
u still have the freewill to say say yes or know...God doesn’t make people zombies ....if u can’t get my drift...I surrender to u... we don’t have to argue about it..
Is it still free will if you are being controlled by His Spirit? undecided

I don't know about Zombies but when the Spirit of God is inside of one, such is controlled by Him... even your very thoughts are no longer yours to control. Recall that even Jesus Christ declared that only those who are willing to deny "self" are worthy of Him? undecided
Matthew 16 vs 24-25
24. Then Jesus said to his followers, “If any of you want to be my follower, you must stop thinking about yourself and what you want. You must be willing to carry the cross that is given to you for following me.
25. Any of you who try to save the life you have will lose it. But you who give up your life for me will find true life.
If Jesus Christ Himself declared that you must die to your very ego, sense of self, etc. what makes you continue to deny that you are meant to lose yourself in the experience, just as God declared through His prophets? undecided
Re: Letter To The Christian Leaders by Kobojunkiee: 5:31pm On Apr 15, 2021
poeticsoldier:
With deep respect and utmost sadness for lives unjustly lost,have I penned down this letter.
I am a Christian,I mean a Christian who believe strongly in the faith and who cannot under estimate the relevance of our spiritual fathers who are too numerous to mention.I can attest to lots of teachings from you,practical faith,practical examples and well taught out tenets of the bible you have fed us with over the years.They are no doubts, succours,roots and vitamins to us,to the extent that we,I mean the younger generation are looking forward to you.
You say you are a Christian yet you call men your spiritual fathers, that which Jesus Christ declared a sin against God? undecided

Matthew 23 vs 8-12
8. But you are not to be called rabbi, for you have one teacher, and you are all brothers.[c]
9. And call no man your father on earth, for you have one Father, who is in heaven.
10. Neither be called instructors, for you have one instructor, the Christ.
11. The greatest among you shall be your servant.
12. Whoever exalts himself will be humbled, and whoever humbles himself will be exalted.
This ought to lead you to questioning the vitality in the vitamins you have been sucking from these men you call your fathers have been poisoned roots instead - doctrines and traditions of men, lies, and not the Truth of God? undecided
poeticsoldier:
However,our esteemed fathers, I'm not happy with your stand with these politicians.I don't mean when they have occupied the seats of governance but when they were still running helter- skelter to garner votes for the intended stools.
They stand with the politicians because they are no different from the politicians - that has become more than clear to even those who are in the world. What I don't understand is why you, who claim to be of God, remain blind to this fact of the world we live in today? undecided
poeticsoldier:
Sirs,what did the lord told you about that president that came to you for prayers and support?What did God told you about those senators, councillors,ministers,governors etc?
Didnt God mentioned to you that they will kill us?Didn't God told you they would embezzle,loot,become deaf to wise instructions and bite your fingers and render your counsels useless?
God sirs is not, and will never be an author of confusion.He sees the end from the beginning.He speaks and continue speaking.What exactly did he say about them?
How can God tell them anything when God is against them from even before Jesus Christ arrived on the scene? undecided
Read Ezekiel 34 for incite.
poeticsoldier:
We actually thought,they were the chosen one when you lifted up their hands.When they came to church in spite of their faith to identify with the people of God. When they listened with rapt attention to sermons from the pulpit and flashed smiles at the congregation.
God chose politicians? Why would a God whose Kingdom is not of this world "choose" politicians for you in this world? undecided
poeticsoldier:
We thought they have been purified and sanctified that was why you,our leaders were parading them then.
You thought this why? Because they came to you dressed just like your Mogs would - as wolves in sheep's clothing? undecided
poeticsoldier:
What happened along the way sirs?Did God eventually rejected them and you did not announced to us?At what point,did you get to know that they had faked and used you?Would you say that,that which they do now were not revealed to you before we gladly gave our votes to them?

The youths are sad sir, for riding on our backs to stardom and hack that same backs down.For how long would you allow us to be treated like useful idiots and senseless people?I think of the fiery prophets in the bible,whom some of you sirs shared resemblance with.Prophets like Elijah who stood against the oppressive King and his wife.Prophet like Samuel who tore off the kingdom of a king who was arrogant to the instruction of God.

Prophets like Isaiah,Ezekiel,Elisha Deborah that brave woman,whose prophecy saw the end of Sisera and more who dare the rulers wraths both before they embarked on the throne and while on throne,and who heaven recordedtheir prowesses in standing as torch that lighten the paths of the people of the lord.

Dear sirs,I am afraid,we are afraid that,we may not follow your leading come 2023 when next you allow the politicians to use you.Not that we want to be rude to our spiritual fathers but we want to be free from the politicians schemings,which see our Daddies and G.O in faith becomes tools in the hands of these oppressors called politicians.
If this is really how the "Christian" youths in Nigeria still think, then I am afraid 2023 is only going to be a repeat of the trend of the last 20 years. undecided

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria's Celestial Church Of Christ Warns Against Spiritual Perfumes / The Mysteries Of The Kingdom Part 3 / Witch

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.