Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,590 members, 7,827,217 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 09:01 AM

Create An Approved Upwork Account Fast And Land Your First Job. - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Create An Approved Upwork Account Fast And Land Your First Job. (222 Views)

Start Uber/Bolt As A Side Hustle Or Get A Piece Of Land : Your Opinion Please / How Do I Create An Approved And Working Clickbank Account In Nigeria In 2021? / Get An Approved Upwork Account And Start A Career. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Create An Approved Upwork Account Fast And Land Your First Job. by digitalbabalawo(m): 2:37pm On Apr 15, 2021
When I tell people I make rainy day savings by Freelancing with Upwork, almost everyone wants to have a piece of cake. Why not? Nobody hates an extra wad of cash. The road, however, is not that easy.

I started when it was the good, old, simple days on oDesk. There were ample clients (although, the good ones were still few in number) and fewer takers. But, the rise in the freelancing culture has given new competitors to all of us.

I got my first job, 5 years back, after struggling for 5 months. I will write down what worked for me and hope it works for you too. But, feel free to apply your own mind too!

You only get one chance to impress your client. Just one - make sure you use that and use it wisely. Ensure that your portfolio is colorful, diverse, and includes a lot of work. If you are experienced, use your past works to display on the portfolio, if you are new, read the next point.

If you beginning as a freelancer and have no references to show whatsoever, then you have two options. One, create a free blog on WordPress and link it you your portfolio. Alternatively, you can submit your creative pieces just to give the client an idea.

For example, if you are a writer, write a couple of content pieces - tech blogs, political comments, creative piece of fiction, prose, and poetry and upload them on Upwork portfolio. Irrespective of whether you did it for some client or for your own contentment, your prospective client will get an idea of your skillset. Two, read the next point.

If you do not want to upload any content piece, then focus on your cover letter. Instead of having a generic cover letter, try customizing each bid you focus on. Try explaining why you are the right fit for the job, despite being relatively new. There are a lot of people looking to hire freshers and give them good feedback, so your impression goes in the form of a great cover letter.

If you get an “Active Candidacy”, make sure to thank the client for considering you for the project. Out of 30–60 proposals, he shortlisted you and that is a big thing. You have a lead, convert it to an employee with the right attitude and humility.

I hope this helps. All the best! smiley

Feel free to reply if need help to create an Approved Upwork profile in 5 minutes and get tons of videos to get you started.

Upwork rejects several thousands of applications daily but I can help you get approved and FAST.

Only serious mind people for a token of 5K.

Your Approved account would be created before payment for you to see.

(1) (Reply)

Black Wall Street Is Here To Give Rebirth To Africa / 23++ / What Will Be The First Thing You Will Do If You Become Rich

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.