Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,356 members, 7,836,458 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 08:11 AM

Police Brutality/ Civil Brutality. Who Wins? - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Police Brutality/ Civil Brutality. Who Wins? (221 Views)

Dolapo Badmus Reacts To Police Brutality, Gives Stern Warning / Time To Put An End To SARS And Police Brutality In Southern Nigeria / Angry Neighbors Invade Woman's House Over Housemaid Brutality. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Police Brutality/ Civil Brutality. Who Wins? by dangwarmai(m): 3:26pm On Apr 15, 2021
DEAR NIGERIANS.

I am sad that our country is yet again divided, not just by ethnicity but by the line of work one chooses to do.
However, I strongly disagree with these killings of law enforcement officers.
What is this accomplishing??

Police officers are shot and killed every day but what do we here from the populace, they start jubilating as if those policemen are not humans. No matter who the victim is, officer or civilian, they are a victim of murder. They deserve every effort of justice, their families deserve the right to grieve in peace, whether their past was perfect or littered with charges.

In the end, no matter who commits the act of violence no one has the right to murder someone’s someone.

Seriously, killing, looting and harming innocent officers makes you no different than what you are fighting against.
You want to protest against police brutality?? Count me in!! I will stand right beside each and every one that is against it but I can assure you nobody is against that and other unjust law enforcement conduct more than the good police that are trying to make a difference and help people.

I totally disagree with people who burn down police buildings, burglarize, rob and harm innocent officers because that doesn't make you a freedom fighter, it makes you a criminal.

I am devastated that many people are fearful of police because of the actions of a small few officers who have done wrong, and those few have ruined people's image of what we really stand for.

And I am so angry that so many good officers are now being grouped with and labeled for the actions of the few that are disgusting individuals.

But, with all this being said, no matter how much you hate me, no matter how much you hate the good officers, we will still do our calling and protect you. I will continue to put my life on the line to save yours, and that goes for any tribe, any sexual preference, any religion, etc. I took an oath to protect and serve and despite your hatred for me, I will uphold my oath! May God bless you all and hopefully you will find peace in your hearts and understand we aren't all bad! The vast majority of us are actually really good people and even better officers.

I don't want to hear any negative, I don't want to hear that I don't understand how it feels to be treated a certain way because you are a civilian, or because of your tribe. believe me, I do! But, I will not judge a whole ethnic group or organization because a few wanted to be bad. We need to be reunited. I am just one voice, and none of this will matter to some and I will not be able to change everyone's opinion but I refuse to be silent while watching our country go to hell in a hand basket.
Now who wins?
#ProudPoliceman
Re: Police Brutality/ Civil Brutality. Who Wins? by Adamgeneral12: 3:56pm On Apr 15, 2021
Oga if God want to scatter a place Hi will not send angle to do the so like what He did to Sodom and ghomara is human being that are living in that are he will use.
And mind u nothing like peaceful protest or whatever in an area where the angle is angry,kidnapping, innocent people blood wasting,looting public fund,oppressing the the weaker soul etc all this is what is hunting us in 9ja, any slice mistake boom! kasala go just burst

(1) (Reply)

Nigerian Anti-corruption Campaigner Detained / Abductor Of Kankara Schoolboys Shot Dead / Prayer Against Theft And Robbery

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.