Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,971 members, 7,814,289 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:34 AM

Nokia 5.3 Phone Memory Full, With Nothing Saved In It - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Nokia 5.3 Phone Memory Full, With Nothing Saved In It (1314 Views)

Nokia 5.3 Unboxing, First Impressions And Full Review + Price (photos) / No Nigerian Should’ve More Than 3 Phone Numbers – Pantami / The Nokia Thread: 1.4 , 4.2, 5.1 Plus, 5.3, 6.1 Plus, 7.1, 7.2, 7 Plus , 8.3 etc (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nokia 5.3 Phone Memory Full, With Nothing Saved In It by tedimola(m): 11:56pm On Apr 15, 2021
Please help! My phone memory is full, and I barely have anything saved on it. It has made my using this Nokia 5.3 a nightmare. I have deleted most of my apps, photos. I don't have any song or video saved. "SYSTEM" is seen as taking 53gb out of the 64gb inbuilt memory. I have used this phone for only 4 months. I need suggestions on what I can do please.

Re: Nokia 5.3 Phone Memory Full, With Nothing Saved In It by mountmoriah(m): 12:03am On Apr 16, 2021
factory reset it, if it doesn't work, return it back to the seller, if you bought it new, there must still be warranty on it they will work on it or give you another one.

hope this solve your problem.
Re: Nokia 5.3 Phone Memory Full, With Nothing Saved In It by Babalegba(m): 12:16am On Apr 16, 2021
Go to system files to find out the gigantic files causing the problem, delete them,do a factory reset or let a phone savvy friend address the problem for you
Re: Nokia 5.3 Phone Memory Full, With Nothing Saved In It by tedimola(m): 1:03am On Apr 16, 2021
mountmoriah:
factory reset it, if it doesn't work, return it back to the seller, if you bought it new, there must still be warranty on it they will work on it or give you another one.

hope this solve your problem.

Thank you! I bought it on Jumia. Is it possible to return? This memory issue is really frustrating.
Re: Nokia 5.3 Phone Memory Full, With Nothing Saved In It by tedimola(m): 1:04am On Apr 16, 2021
Babalegba:
Go to system files to find out the gigantic files causing the problem, delete them,do a factory reset or let a phone savvy friend address the problem for you

Thank you! I will be grateful if you can put me thru on how to access the system files.
Re: Nokia 5.3 Phone Memory Full, With Nothing Saved In It by mountmoriah(m): 1:05am On Apr 16, 2021
tedimola:

Thank you! I bought it on Jumia. Is it possible to return? This memory issue is really frustrating.
good, first factory reset it, secondly if it doesn't work, return it back to them they will change it immediately because of negative feed back
Re: Nokia 5.3 Phone Memory Full, With Nothing Saved In It by MightySparrow: 4:58am On Apr 16, 2021
tedimola:

I bought my 6.1 from jumia, then my friend being impressed by the performance, went for something higher, in 6 series.
He didn't enjoy it. When I checked the phone, it has been flashed. The configuration is different from normal Nokia and Lumia phones.
What can he do? The phone is less than six months.

Besides, is Jumia losing credibility?
Re: Nokia 5.3 Phone Memory Full, With Nothing Saved In It by femi4: 7:11am On Apr 16, 2021
tedimola:
Please help! My phone memory is full, and I barely have anything saved on it. It has made my using this Nokia 5.3 a nightmare. I have deleted most of my apps, photos. I don't have any song or video saved. "SYSTEM" is seen as taking 53gb out of the 64gb inbuilt memory. I have used this phone for only 4 months. I need suggestions on what I can do please.
Back up and Perform factory reset
Re: Nokia 5.3 Phone Memory Full, With Nothing Saved In It by candyguyofficia(m): 7:55am On Apr 16, 2021
...was about to say it could be a clone phone until I saw Jumia but this is Nigeria it could still be a clone phone. Trust me Nokia phone (inclusive of its android) is not a problematic phone. All what you described is NOT a feature of Nokia.

Go to Setting screenshot the IMEI screenshot the certification in setting

I just looked at your screenshot again how can system file be 53GB bro what you have is most likely a Nokia imitation of 5.3 or the phone has been rooted or drastically been modified
Re: Nokia 5.3 Phone Memory Full, With Nothing Saved In It by tedimola(m): 9:03am On Apr 16, 2021
candyguyofficia:
...was about to say it could be a clone phone until I saw Jumia but this is Nigeria it could still be a clone phone. Trust me Nokia phone (inclusive of its android) is not a problematic phone. All what you described is NOT a feature of Nokia.

Go to Setting screenshot the IMEI screenshot the certification in setting

I just looked at your screenshot again how can system file be 53GB bro what you have is most likely a Nokia imitation of 5.3 or the phone has been rooted or drastically been modified
Please find screenshot as requested. Please let me know if it is a cloned phone or rooted, so that I will take it up with Jumia. Thank you very much.

The phone has 6 gb ram but my infinix of 2gb ram is way faster than this. The phone takes about 15 minuites to come on when it is switched off. I am tired.

Re: Nokia 5.3 Phone Memory Full, With Nothing Saved In It by Youngpo413: 10:25am On Apr 16, 2021
It's original judging from the model number....but let me wait for the bosses...King alabi,honsule,genius43,fibonacci,michell55...
Re: Nokia 5.3 Phone Memory Full, With Nothing Saved In It by Nobody: 10:34am On Apr 16, 2021
That how my Nokia 2.2 is pre loaded with 14 out of 16gb.I can't install a app that is as low as 40mb in playstore because my device will start malfunctioning due to low memory.

1 Like

Re: Nokia 5.3 Phone Memory Full, With Nothing Saved In It by tedimola(m): 1:34pm On Apr 16, 2021
Joysticks:
That how my Nokia 2.2 is pre loaded with 14 out of 16gb.I can't install a app that is as low as 40mb in playstore because my device will start malfunctioning due to low memory.

Same issue I am having, but mine was not like that when I bought it in January. The memory gradually got gilled up with spiritual files.

1 Like

Re: Nokia 5.3 Phone Memory Full, With Nothing Saved In It by Petyr1: 2:49pm On Apr 16, 2021
Probably cache files
Download phone cleaner from PlayStore and scan or you factory reset
Re: Nokia 5.3 Phone Memory Full, With Nothing Saved In It by KingAlabi: 3:54pm On Apr 16, 2021
tedimola:

I am guessing this isn't the way it was when you purchased it.

Have you updated your device?

If yes then you will have to factory reset, there is a system app that has gone mad.
I am hoping it isn't a refurbished Nokia sha
Re: Nokia 5.3 Phone Memory Full, With Nothing Saved In It by Shallow20: 4:34pm On Apr 16, 2021
tedimola:

Same as mine before I sold it. Despite all what I enjoyed in the phone's spec, the memory was the short-coming of it. I prefer Tecno and the likes to it when it comes to storage and App installations.

Same issue I am having, but mine was not like that when I bought it in January. The memory gradually got gilled up with spiritual files.
Re: Nokia 5.3 Phone Memory Full, With Nothing Saved In It by candyguyofficia(m): 5:38pm On Apr 16, 2021
tedimola:

Please find screenshot as requested. Please let me know if it is a cloned phone or rooted, so that I will take it up with Jumia. Thank you very much.

The phone has 6 gb ram but my infinix of 2gb ram is way faster than this. The phone takes about 15 minuites to come on when it is switched off. I am tired.

Everything seem ok to the extent that I can see. However, these guys have mastered the art of cloning that it's almost difficult to identify a cloned from setting alone. But obviously something is wrong with the phone.
Not blaming you, I totally understand your plight but when did you observe that the phone lag and there is no space?
You could have initiated the process of return a very long time ago. You said you have been using the phone for 4 months that's a long time to decide after to return and those period constitute more than a reasonable period for you to examine and accept or reject the phone and your inaction of not communicating your timely rejection of the phone constitutes acceptance .
Your case reminds me of Leaf v International Galleries
I would advise you still contact Jumia there are ways that you can still very much hold them liable apart from outright repudiation of the contract of sale
Re: Nokia 5.3 Phone Memory Full, With Nothing Saved In It by flokii: 6:17pm On Apr 16, 2021
@OP I suggest you get a memory card like 128GB if the phone supports it so you'd have space to store your files and documemts.

The sd card will help free some space from the phone storage.
Re: Nokia 5.3 Phone Memory Full, With Nothing Saved In It by tedimola(m): 11:19pm On Dec 30, 2021
Good day all, thank you for your various advices. I flashed my phone and had temporary relief, but this issue resurfaced again this December. A friend helped me install ez file explorer and was able to identify the attached as what is causing it. Some of these log files take up to 250mb and it multiplies like this daily. Please does anyone know what is causing this and how it can be stopped? Thank you!

(1) (Reply)

Which Phones Work Well Internationally Outside Nigeria / Your Aliexpress Experience / Can Vmobile Browse D Internet?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.