Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,839 members, 7,810,229 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:08 AM

The REAL Reason Our Leaders Travel Abroad For Medical Treatment - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The REAL Reason Our Leaders Travel Abroad For Medical Treatment (1526 Views)

El-Zakzaky And Wife, Zeenah Ibraheem Arrive India For Medical Treatment (PICS) / El-Zakzaky Spotted In A Plane Heading To India For Medical Treatment (Photos) / Raymond Dokpesi Arrested In Abuja On Arrival From Foreign Medical Treatment (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The REAL Reason Our Leaders Travel Abroad For Medical Treatment by Penguin2: 11:29am On Apr 16, 2021
Rossphinki:

My brother, are you minding these people?

How much does a doctor or nurse earn that they can resist a 5 million dollar cheque from a powerful politician to spike the president's tea with something?

Honestly, 70% or more of doctors in Nigeria will do it without blinking, so long as they know they won't be caught.

Carry that their Hippocratic oath or whatever and put down somewhere abeg.

Imagine Buhari being treated by a Nigerian doctor who is angry about the way this country is going.

Nepa people gave excessive bill.

Fueling his car now na war.

Buying foodstuffs in the market isn’t easy either.

Do you think such doctor will wait for you to pay him before exterminating Buhari?
Re: The REAL Reason Our Leaders Travel Abroad For Medical Treatment by Praxis758: 11:53am On Apr 16, 2021
Rossphinki:

Bro, everybody swore an oath to one thing or the other.

Even the leaders themselves swore an oath to God Himself in the Bible or Koran, on assumption of office.

Me, I have said the National Pledge in my time, which is the common man's oath.

I pledge to Nigeria, my country
To be faithful, loyal, and honest
To serve Nigeria with all my strength
To defend her unity
And uphold her honour and glory
So help me God.

Generally speaking, none of these beautiful oaths comes between us and money when the choice arises.

They trusted local lawyers to handle their business and graft cases, they trusted local cooks to handle their meals and I've never read/heard them hiring foreigner to drive them around.

It's time we the black race stop subjecting ourselves to inferiority complex to the white race.

Have you heard a case where any of their (corrupt leaders) lawyers connived with their opponents/petitioners to pervert their sensitive litigations in court of law?

Re: The REAL Reason Our Leaders Travel Abroad For Medical Treatment by Praxis758: 12:01pm On Apr 16, 2021
Vulcanheph:

I agree... As much as I won't rule out any possibility for what Op said I think it just doesn't make sense to think Medical practitioners are easily compromised, this is just an excuse to justify Buhari's excessive medical travels.

God bless you bros.

I remember a case where Rotimj Amaechi was alleged to have connived with a fictitious canadian guy to defraud the Rivers State of $38m in the pretex of building a world-class hospital in Portharcourt.

Amaechi hasn't come out to justify why he hurriedly paid his (Rivers) counterpart fund of $38m without a feasibility study on the project. And he would boldly stop/challenge any journalist who questions him about the shady deal.

That money was enough to build an international standard hospital, but their me myopic and greedy mentality won't allow such to happen.

Their hunger got medical tourism abroad is a pointer that leadership in this country is brankrupt and fraudulent.
Re: The REAL Reason Our Leaders Travel Abroad For Medical Treatment by Praxis758: 12:05pm On Apr 16, 2021
justtoodark:

am scared to be treated by a white doctor because of the way i always talk against them....
op is right somehow....

but a president should take risks....buhari has a ol army behind him....
he cant tell me,he cant have a private nigerian doctor that he trusts in nigeria....

then he should take a private doctor from daura....

wetin....??

We the black race will continue to be victims of racism if we fail to build, define and appreciate our values.

It is a leadership bankruptcy for the president of a country that hurriedly approved over a billion dollar to renovate a dead and unproductive refinery

I keep saying this that these guys don't care about we the masses, they're only thirsty after the money, power and CV that their positions will fetch them.
Re: The REAL Reason Our Leaders Travel Abroad For Medical Treatment by Fejoku: 12:17pm On Apr 16, 2021
StaffofOrayan:
This is actually sad to read!
Turning logic on it's head just to defend Buharis gross foolishness
Lmao. Just imagine such a grossly foolish and ridiculous excuse. If that's the case, they should in turn remain in those countries where they feel safer and contest for elective positions there. Politicians in other countries have opponents yet remain in their countries for medical treatment.

2 Likes

Re: The REAL Reason Our Leaders Travel Abroad For Medical Treatment by justtoodark: 12:27pm On Apr 16, 2021
Praxis758:

We the black race will continue to be victims of racism if we fail to build, define and appreciate our values.

It is a leadership bankruptcy for the president of a country that hurriedly approved over a billion dollar to renovate a dead and unproductive refinery

I keep saying this that these guys don't care about we the masses, they're only thirsty after the money, power and CV that their positions will fetch them.

goverment should hand over refineries to nigerian investors under the condition its not allowed to be sold to foreighners....
Re: The REAL Reason Our Leaders Travel Abroad For Medical Treatment by VictorUSA(m): 3:31pm On Apr 16, 2021
Rossphinki:

Kindly SHUT UP please.

Hypocrite.

SWEAR ON YOUR LIFE that were YOU to be appointed Federal Oil Minister, that YOU would not use the position to enrich yourself.

Go on. Swear it here before God and Man.

And if you cannot, which I know you cannot, then kindly SHUT IT.

Those leaders did not drop from outer space. They are Nigerians like you with the same morals as YOU.

This is not a thread for loud-mouthed, holier-than-thou hypocrites.

Who`s this unknown dirty pant? Do you think I`m a thief like you?

(1) (2) (Reply)

BREAKING: Another Police Station On Fire In Abia / IPOB: 'why Igbo Leaders Do Not Criticize Separatists' - Okorocha / Advanced Precision Guided Missiles ships to Nigeria From US

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.