Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,492 members, 7,819,799 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:47 PM

The REAL Reason Our Leaders Travel Abroad For Medical Treatment - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The REAL Reason Our Leaders Travel Abroad For Medical Treatment (1539 Views)

El-Zakzaky And Wife, Zeenah Ibraheem Arrive India For Medical Treatment (PICS) / El-Zakzaky Spotted In A Plane Heading To India For Medical Treatment (Photos) / Raymond Dokpesi Arrested In Abuja On Arrival From Foreign Medical Treatment (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

The REAL Reason Our Leaders Travel Abroad For Medical Treatment by Rossphinki: 1:41am On Apr 16, 2021
The REAL Reason Our Leaders Travel Abroad For Medical Treatment

Most Nigerians think the reason some of our leaders travel abroad for medical treatment is because they lack faith in the competence or ability of Nigerian hospitals to treat them, because of their supposed low standards of equipment etc.

Nothing could be further from the truth.

These leaders are well aware that there are NUMEROUS top class private hospitals in this country, staffed with excellently trained personnel, and modern up-to-date equipment, and even some fairly decent public teaching hospitals.

The REAL reason they choose to go abroad for treatment is lack of TRUST in the security apparatus of hospitals, which they view as easily pregnable by sinister forces, primarily their political enemies.

They are afraid that a doctor or nurse, or even a cleaner, could get bribed to inject them, or spray them with something that would terminate their life, or maim them for instance.

Or slip something into their morning tea that would catapult them to the great beyond.

Politics in Nigeria is mired in distrust and suspicion of one's 'political enemies', and a real fear of the extent they could go to neutralise their rivals.

This is why no matter how many 'world class hospitals' you build in Nigeria, in this political climate, this dog-eat-dog political system we operate, we will always have leaders traveling abroad for medical treatment.

They have no 'political enemies' in London or New Jersey, or India, who would try to eliminate them, and so they feel much safer getting treatment there.

It's that simple.

[img]https://media./images/352a64818fc74fc7a0f006a367b4e124/tenor.gif[/img]

5 Likes

Re: The REAL Reason Our Leaders Travel Abroad For Medical Treatment by Lapinski: 2:01am On Apr 16, 2021
Can they escape the long hammer of mr death? Didn't yaradua died abroad? Buhari is just beating around the bush.

1 Like

Re: The REAL Reason Our Leaders Travel Abroad For Medical Treatment by capitalzero: 2:22am On Apr 16, 2021
Very correct!!

3 Likes

Re: The REAL Reason Our Leaders Travel Abroad For Medical Treatment by Praxis758: 2:33am On Apr 16, 2021
This reason is not justifiable. Medical practioners all swore to a hippocratic oath primarily to save lives.

OP's writeup is a conspiracy theory to put medical field and personnels in Nigeria in a bad light, tag them incompetent, untrustworthy, loose, and buyable.

I don't in anyway agree with the summary of his views. Our leaders are traditionally evil for always preferring the foreign hospitals to home ones.

Would the OP justify his writeup with the failure of the successive presidency to equip and upgrade the medical facility in the Aso Rock.

No one's security, privacy or health will be endangered or compromised if they choose to be treated at home.

OP's view will energise these greedy leaders' quest for more medical tourism abroad if we keep promoting such ideas.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: The REAL Reason Our Leaders Travel Abroad For Medical Treatment by Rossphinki: 2:39am On Apr 16, 2021
Praxis758:
This reason is not justifiable. Medical practioners all swore to a hippocratic oath primarily to save lives.

Bro, everybody swore an oath to one thing or the other.

Even the leaders themselves swore an oath to God Himself in the Bible or Koran, on assumption of office.

Me, I have said the National Pledge in my time, which is the common man's oath.

I pledge to Nigeria, my country
To be faithful, loyal, and honest
To serve Nigeria with all my strength
To defend her unity
And uphold her honour and glory
So help me God.

Generally speaking, none of these beautiful oaths comes between us and money when the choice arises.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: The REAL Reason Our Leaders Travel Abroad For Medical Treatment by XXXXTENTACION: 3:01am On Apr 16, 2021
The reason is not justifiable.

1 Like

Re: The REAL Reason Our Leaders Travel Abroad For Medical Treatment by StaffofOrayan(m): 3:14am On Apr 16, 2021
This is actually sad to read!
Turning logic on it's head just to defend Buharis gross foolishness

4 Likes

Re: The REAL Reason Our Leaders Travel Abroad For Medical Treatment by Rossphinki: 3:22am On Apr 16, 2021
XXXXTENTACION:
The reason is not justifiable.

This is simple. Take 3 minutes and put yourself directly in their position.

It makes all the sense in the world.

If I was president of Nigeria, I would probably seek medical treatment overseas.

Based purely on security reasons, not because I think there's no hospital in Nigeria that can treat me.

It only seems unreasonable when you're on the outside looking in.

Heck, even your FAMILY would warn you against seeking treatment locally, if you are a leader in this country, based on security concerns about infiltration of hospital staff by your 'enemies'.

The leaders are perfectly happy for you to think they are snubbing the ''low standards'' of the hospitals by flying abroad, because the real truth is far more ....embarrassing.

1 Like

Re: The REAL Reason Our Leaders Travel Abroad For Medical Treatment by VictorUSA(m): 3:27am On Apr 16, 2021
All this brainless animals in the zoo stealing what belongs to the masses for self benefit, traveling from one place to the other, na GOD go punish una.

2 Likes

Re: The REAL Reason Our Leaders Travel Abroad For Medical Treatment by Rossphinki: 3:36am On Apr 16, 2021
VictorUSA:
All this brainless animals in the zoo stealing what belongs to the masses for self benefit, traveling from one place to the other, na GOD go punish una.

Kindly SHUT UP please.

Hypocrite.

SWEAR ON YOUR LIFE that were YOU to be appointed Federal Oil Minister, that YOU would not use the position to enrich yourself.

Go on. Swear it here before God and Man.

And if you cannot, which I know you cannot, then kindly SHUT IT.

Those leaders did not drop from outer space. They are Nigerians like you with the same morals as YOU.

This is not a thread for loud-mouthed, holier-than-thou hypocrites.

3 Likes

Re: The REAL Reason Our Leaders Travel Abroad For Medical Treatment by Olatunji1929: 4:09am On Apr 16, 2021
Praxis758:

OP's writeup is a conspiracy theory to put medical field and personnels in Nigeria in a bad light, tag them incompetent untrustworthy, loose, and buyable.

I don't in anyway agree with the summary of his views. Our leader are traditionally evil for always preferring the foreign hospitals to home ones.

Would the OP justify his writeup with the failure of the successive presidency to equip and upgrade the medical facility in the Aso Rock.

No one's security, privacy or health will be endangered or compromised if they choose to be tested at home.

OP's view will energies these greedy leaders' quest for more medical tourism abroad if we keep promoting such ideas.
his entire epistle is just to justify buhari everyday medical tourism so dont take op seriously

2 Likes

Re: The REAL Reason Our Leaders Travel Abroad For Medical Treatment by Rossphinki: 4:19am On Apr 16, 2021
Olatunji1929:
his entire epistle is just to justify buhari everyday medical tourism so dont take op seriously

How is it a 'justification'?

I think you meant a 'rationalization'.

But even the common held notion that they travel abroad due to 'inadequate' medical facilities in Nigeria, is also a rationalization.

It certainly is not true.

There are many private hospitals in Abuja alone being run by top Nigerian doctors who've worked in the world's best hospitals, and have now set up private practices in Nigeria, with world class equipment. There are even some in Enugu, Owerri etc, not to mention Lagos, Abuja, Port Harcourt. These are where the foreign diplomats and oil executives go to for treatment, and so on. So there is no shortage of world class hospital treatment in Nigeria, if you can afford it.
Re: The REAL Reason Our Leaders Travel Abroad For Medical Treatment by Validated: 4:39am On Apr 16, 2021
Rossphinki:
The REAL Reason Our Leaders Travel Abroad For Medical Treatment

Most Nigerians think the reason some of our leaders travel abroad for medical treatment is because they lack faith in the competence or ability of Nigerian hospitals to treat them, because of their supposed low standards of equipment etc.

Nothing could be further from the truth.

These leaders are well aware that there are NUMEROUS top class private hospitals in this country, staffed with excellently trained personnel, and modern up-to-date equipment, and even some fairly decent public teaching hospitals.

The REAL reason they choose to go abroad for treatment is lack of TRUST in the security apparatus of hospitals, which they view as easily pregnable by sinister forces, primarily their political enemies.

They are afraid that a doctor or nurse, or even a cleaner, could get bribed to inject them, or spray them with something that would terminate their life, or maim them for instance.

Or slip something into their morning tea that would catapult them to the great beyond.

Politics in Nigeria is mired in distrust and suspicion of one's 'political enemies', and a real fear of the extent they could go to neutralise their rivals.

This is why no matter how many 'world class hospitals' you build in Nigeria, in this political climate, this dog-eat-dog political system we operate, we will always have leaders traveling abroad for medical treatment.

They have no 'political enemies' in London or New Jersey, or India, who would try to eliminate them, and so they feel much safer getting treatment there.

It's that simple.

Stop excusing failures. How many of them go abroad to barb their hair? If barber can go to government house to barb president why can't Aso rock doctors and nurses?
Did you not hear that Aso rock clinic has no panadol? Have you visited any government hospital of late? Pls go and see eyesore.

3 Likes

Re: The REAL Reason Our Leaders Travel Abroad For Medical Treatment by justtoodark: 5:13am On Apr 16, 2021
haha....its somehow true....

Re: The REAL Reason Our Leaders Travel Abroad For Medical Treatment by justtoodark: 5:17am On Apr 16, 2021
Praxis758:

OP's writeup is a conspiracy theory to put medical field and personnels in Nigeria in a bad light, tag them incompetent untrustworthy, loose, and buyable.

I don't in anyway agree with the summary of his views. Our leader are traditionally evil for always preferring the foreign hospitals to home ones.

No one's security, privacy or health will be endangered or compromised if they choose to be tested at home.

OP's view will energies these greedy leaders' quest for more medical tourism abroad if we keep promoting such ideas.

am scared to be treated by a white doctor because of the way i always talk against them....
op is right somehow....

but a president should take risks....buhari has a ol army behind him....
he cant tell me,he cant have a private nigerian doctor that he trusts in nigeria....

then he should take a private doctor from daura....

wetin....??

1 Like

Re: The REAL Reason Our Leaders Travel Abroad For Medical Treatment by Koralords: 5:17am On Apr 16, 2021
If you have the means go abroad for your medical care,the richest man in my estate his wife did hip replacement surgery abroad,during lockdown when she did the second one here in Nigeria she died,
Re: The REAL Reason Our Leaders Travel Abroad For Medical Treatment by justtoodark: 5:20am On Apr 16, 2021
nigeria is a very dangerous place oo....
i understand what the op is trying to say....

but.... undecided undecided
Re: The REAL Reason Our Leaders Travel Abroad For Medical Treatment by Penguin2: 5:32am On Apr 16, 2021
Praxis758:

Whatever oath they swear, with the right amount, they will forget the oath and kill any target.

The Op is right.
Re: The REAL Reason Our Leaders Travel Abroad For Medical Treatment by Rossphinki: 6:14am On Apr 16, 2021
Penguin2:

Whatever oath they swear, with the right amount, they will forget the oath and kill any target.

The Op is right.

My brother, are you minding these people?

How much does a doctor or nurse earn that they can resist a 5 million dollar cheque from a powerful politician to spike the president's tea with something?

Honestly, 70% or more of doctors in Nigeria will do it without blinking, so long as they know they won't be caught.

Carry that their Hippocratic oath or whatever and put down somewhere abeg.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The REAL Reason Our Leaders Travel Abroad For Medical Treatment by Rossphinki: 6:23am On Apr 16, 2021
Validated:

Stop excusing failures. How many of them go abroad to barb their hair? If barber can go to government house to barb president why can't Aso rock doctors and nurses?

Don't be silly. What will a barber do to the president in a place with top level security like Aso Rock?

Doctors and nurses are potentially far more dangerous because they can put anything into your system.

Did you not hear that Aso rock clinic has no panadol? Have you visited any government hospital of late? Pls go and see eyesore.

You clearly don't KNOW Nigeria.

Nigeria is not your village.

If they lack Panadol in Aso Rock clinic, it's likely because no one goes there for treatment, and it's just a token facility.

If you think that that describes the situation in the top private hospitals in this country, or even in major public hospitals, then you clearly don't know Nigeria.
Re: The REAL Reason Our Leaders Travel Abroad For Medical Treatment by beejaay: 6:34am On Apr 16, 2021
And whose job is it to create sanity and safety plus trust in the security architecture of the country?? Who made sure that no one trust the security when all they do is appoint based on nepotism and not competence, who Made sure that justice is never served when injustice is done?? Who made sure that the culprit always get away with crime just because the culprit is their person??no matter how hard you spin it, it will still bounced back on them...

If Buhari had made sure justice is being done since he became the president, we would have started seeing changes in the country and people would have started sitting up knowing the that man there is a no nonsense person, if pmb have started appointing people based on competence we would have started seeing people doing their jobs deligently, just imagine how his driver was kept incommunicado all because they wanna protect the image of the country instead of justice, just imagine how the former coas was pampered despite all the misgivings, so bros your logic doesn't sell and its time you start to stand with the people, the country and not the politician unless you are one of them feeding fat on us all... Pmb was elected to make changes not to join them but now he is even worst than them..

3 Likes

Re: The REAL Reason Our Leaders Travel Abroad For Medical Treatment by femi4: 6:36am On Apr 16, 2021
Useless reason. Doesn't make sense, we have Naija docs abroad that can kill them without thinking twice
Re: The REAL Reason Our Leaders Travel Abroad For Medical Treatment by CodeTemplar: 7:02am On Apr 16, 2021
But they trust Nigerian police with their lives. They do deals with bankers. They trust Nigerian girls and Indian girls.

1 Like

Re: The REAL Reason Our Leaders Travel Abroad For Medical Treatment by chromosomeXY: 7:29am On Apr 16, 2021
Rossphinki:

How much does a doctor or nurse earn that they can resist a 5 million dollar cheque from a powerful politician to spike the president's tea with something?

Honestly, 70% or more of doctors in Nigeria will do it without blinking, so long as they know they won't be caught.

Here we go again. So Nigerian doctors are not disciplined enough to respect the oath (the foundation) on which the medical profession rest while the oyibo doctor is a professional whose conscience can't be bought?

I have no issues with you laundering the image of your benefactors - after all a man has got to earn his pay, but you don't have to disrespect our hard working doctors.

2 Likes

Re: The REAL Reason Our Leaders Travel Abroad For Medical Treatment by Nobody: 7:32am On Apr 16, 2021
Op stop watching Nollywood
Re: The REAL Reason Our Leaders Travel Abroad For Medical Treatment by Vulcanheph(m): 7:42am On Apr 16, 2021
Praxis758:

I agree... As much as I won't rule out any possibility for what Op said I think it just doesn't make sense to think Medical practitioners are easily compromised, this is just an excuse to justify Buhari's excessive medical travels.

1 Like

Re: The REAL Reason Our Leaders Travel Abroad For Medical Treatment by Winnerforever: 7:47am On Apr 16, 2021
Dunce
Re: The REAL Reason Our Leaders Travel Abroad For Medical Treatment by MASTAkiLLAh(m): 8:02am On Apr 16, 2021
GEJ as president traveled for treatment abroad only once (to Germany) . Even his holidays were done in Nigeria. You don't run when nothing is chasing you, I don't think I've heard neither do I remember an Obj as president traveling out for check ups. It's an indictment on this presidency for spending billions of naira on the state house hospital in Aso Rock yet there's no paracetamol (according to the first lady) and the president has to travel out on medical tourism. Big disgrace cool

1 Like

Re: The REAL Reason Our Leaders Travel Abroad For Medical Treatment by Jax1: 8:12am On Apr 16, 2021
This early morning foolishness points to one thing. Paid criminals should come on Nairaland and defend their benefactors medical tourism while putting our hard working doctors on the spotlight for the wrong reasons.

It shall never be well with defenders of failure.

2 Likes

Re: The REAL Reason Our Leaders Travel Abroad For Medical Treatment by iamDrRhymes(m): 8:22am On Apr 16, 2021
You are right brother. You see alot of people will not understand somethings until they also seat on that sit. Buhari for example has be going for medical treatment in the uk for over 40 years, even before he became a president. Now, do you expect him to change his doctor(s) like that? I agree that our leaders should find a creative way of using our health care actually. Maybe the only issue with Buhari is that he says the truth about going for treatment, imagine him saying he is going on a vacation for two weeks? the noise would have reduced
Re: The REAL Reason Our Leaders Travel Abroad For Medical Treatment by nedu666: 8:48am On Apr 16, 2021
Rossphinki:

What if some foreign agents have plans of killing the politician abroad.
Re: The REAL Reason Our Leaders Travel Abroad For Medical Treatment by nedu666: 8:51am On Apr 16, 2021
There's nothing wrong with travelling abroad for medical but at least build those standard nhs hospitals in nigeria. How can you travel abroad, see the beautiful infrastructure, come back to nigeria and refuse to replicate such here. That's wickedness. Pure wickedness

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Biafra: Igbos In The US Military Services Write To The Department Of State / Oyigboupdate : Ijelespeak Arested By DSS At The Court Abuja / Kaduna State Deputy’s Son Captured Packing Dollars And Nairas In Ghana Must Go B

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.