Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,252 members, 7,829,467 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 07:33 AM

Killer Fruit Juice: 10 Dead, 400 Hospitalised In Kano, States Warn Residents - Health (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Killer Fruit Juice: 10 Dead, 400 Hospitalised In Kano, States Warn Residents (34452 Views)

Many Covenant University Students ‘hospitalised’ Over Suspected Food Poisoning / 4 College Of Education, Waka-Biu Students Dead, 12 Hospitalised Over Illness / 50 Hospitalised After Eating Cow Bitten By Snake In South Africa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Killer Fruit Juice: 10 Dead, 400 Hospitalised In Kano, States Warn Residents by just2endowed: 8:43am On Apr 16, 2021
Re: Killer Fruit Juice: 10 Dead, 400 Hospitalised In Kano, States Warn Residents by pickatyou1: 8:45am On Apr 16, 2021
Hisbah no fit do undercover cia for this one.
Re: Killer Fruit Juice: 10 Dead, 400 Hospitalised In Kano, States Warn Residents by CasNova(m): 8:49am On Apr 16, 2021
Our people should be careful.

Stay safe.
Re: Killer Fruit Juice: 10 Dead, 400 Hospitalised In Kano, States Warn Residents by jaxxy(m): 8:52am On Apr 16, 2021
Shabby reporting, shabby investigation, shabby everything. undecided
Re: Killer Fruit Juice: 10 Dead, 400 Hospitalised In Kano, States Warn Residents by seproperties(m): 8:55am On Apr 16, 2021
And U want to save people but the Juice name is Hidden ...it's well.
Re: Killer Fruit Juice: 10 Dead, 400 Hospitalised In Kano, States Warn Residents by Cutehector(m): 8:55am On Apr 16, 2021
Nafdac is not doing their job

I will not be surprised if that killer drink has a nafdac number. Rubbish

1 Like

Re: Killer Fruit Juice: 10 Dead, 400 Hospitalised In Kano, States Warn Residents by Cutehector(m): 8:56am On Apr 16, 2021
seproperties:
And U want to save people but the Juice name is Hidden ...it's well.
dont mind the op and kano state
Re: Killer Fruit Juice: 10 Dead, 400 Hospitalised In Kano, States Warn Residents by Yankee101: 8:57am On Apr 16, 2021
Fruits are relatively cheap in nigeria. I'll advise you juice the fruits yourself
Re: Killer Fruit Juice: 10 Dead, 400 Hospitalised In Kano, States Warn Residents by Randerl: 8:59am On Apr 16, 2021
Punch newspaper is One of the most useless newspaper in Africa today.
Re: Killer Fruit Juice: 10 Dead, 400 Hospitalised In Kano, States Warn Residents by Zenithpeak(m): 9:00am On Apr 16, 2021
This is absolute misinformation!

Is "killer fruit juice" the brand name for the product?

The report stated that, NAFDAC made a major research breakthrough in identifying the cause of strange death and kidney related issues and arrest was made but failed woefully to properly inform the people on how to identify such substance of death packaged in the bottle.
Re: Killer Fruit Juice: 10 Dead, 400 Hospitalised In Kano, States Warn Residents by LockDown69(m): 9:11am On Apr 16, 2021
grin no name to it? What have you acheived then?
Re: Killer Fruit Juice: 10 Dead, 400 Hospitalised In Kano, States Warn Residents by Nobody: 9:15am On Apr 16, 2021
The fruit juice no get name?
Re: Killer Fruit Juice: 10 Dead, 400 Hospitalised In Kano, States Warn Residents by dbonks(m): 9:15am On Apr 16, 2021
So, we are already working together with NAFDAC to give us the identity of that drink. So that we can work with the NAFDAC here to make sure that we check all the juice stores. With that, we won’t allow it at all in the state.

Right way to go, but relevant agencies should also make sure that those that, store the product would be compensated while the product is taken for destruction, to cushion the effect on those that have spent their hard earned resources to store the product. Its really really unfortunate.

My condolences to the bereaved families.
Re: Killer Fruit Juice: 10 Dead, 400 Hospitalised In Kano, States Warn Residents by MaxNdu: 9:19am On Apr 16, 2021
JaneYave:
Too bad, The killer juice has a name, tell people so they will be careful. I don't know why I find health reports from that side so vague.

Exactly my first thought. It has never been this bad in Nigeria before.
Everything is a secret and an avenue to lie in this APC Government. Imagine a particular juice drink is killing people and they find it hard to mention the name. Yet, you are telling the people to avoid it. How would they know which one is it? angry

1 Like

Re: Killer Fruit Juice: 10 Dead, 400 Hospitalised In Kano, States Warn Residents by PAWG(m): 9:31am On Apr 16, 2021
JaneYave:
Too bad, The killer juice has a name, tell people so they will be careful. I don't know why I find health reports from that side so vague.

They carefully left out the name yet tagged it ‘killer fruit juice’, and this is supposed to be a warning angry
Re: Killer Fruit Juice: 10 Dead, 400 Hospitalised In Kano, States Warn Residents by Originalsly: 9:37am On Apr 16, 2021
JaneYave:

I don't believe they did any investigation .... the reason they can't name the juice nor take it off the market.... they can't name the persons arrested .... and are saying whatever comes to their minds..... expired juice is the cause... check dates... if it is not expired you are good.... cannot be poisoned.... check if it is approved by NAFDA... how?... if it is approved you are good ... approved juices cannot contain poison. Clowns who need to be stoned....
Re: Killer Fruit Juice: 10 Dead, 400 Hospitalised In Kano, States Warn Residents by SpaceAngel: 9:45am On Apr 16, 2021
NAFDAC was able to identify the component that was added which caused issues and even arrested sellers but don't have name of product?
Re: Killer Fruit Juice: 10 Dead, 400 Hospitalised In Kano, States Warn Residents by Tonymegabush1(m): 10:03am On Apr 16, 2021
Killer juice with no name attached to the info..

Useless country.

Nb the kind carbonated drinks that full market this days undecided me after scanning through them might decide to go for bottle water
Re: Killer Fruit Juice: 10 Dead, 400 Hospitalised In Kano, States Warn Residents by Kiaso(m): 10:21am On Apr 16, 2021
JaneYave:

They want the death toll to go round
Sharing the national poison?
Re: Killer Fruit Juice: 10 Dead, 400 Hospitalised In Kano, States Warn Residents by Lomprico2: 10:24am On Apr 16, 2021
is the name of the juice 'killer juice'?

useless reportage.
Re: Killer Fruit Juice: 10 Dead, 400 Hospitalised In Kano, States Warn Residents by Nobody: 10:57am On Apr 16, 2021
athaboi:
The lawlessness in the north is so high and that is why people operates freely and make a lot of money over there...no nafdac, no police! Practically, no law is enforced in the north. Even to pay light bill na war..they think everything is free and life should be lived at will
Honestly hatred won't allow you to understand life. I'm in Kano, it happened around my vicinity before spreading to other places. You need to understand law, privacy policy before making statement out of ignorance.
Those people are public servants with knowledge of laws and privacy policies that is why can't act like fools by concluding judgement when there is ongoing investigation.
NCDC, NAFDAC and other consumer protection agencies are on top of the situation, they can't declare any product responsible for this untill after laboratory tests and analysis.
Hisbah, NPF and KAROTA were able to traced a store where such expired products are being repackage and taken back to market and this will be useful in the investigation (remember the reported case of police officers who refused bribe of N1m in Kano?)
Some of the alleged products are not even produced in Kano!
Please u need to travel widely than dwell on social media and bigotic Nairaland forum for defamatory news.
Re: Killer Fruit Juice: 10 Dead, 400 Hospitalised In Kano, States Warn Residents by Awoleesu(m): 11:05am On Apr 16, 2021
JaneYave:
You no know Hausaman politics!
That fruit juice very likely is produced locally (in Kano) or brought in from an "ally" country ( Egypt, Saudi Arabia, Pakistan etc), hence ana rufai asiri...

Had it come from Lagos or Ogun state ehn! You for don know the name, the producer, in fact the producer's religion and the "reason" they wanted to kill "muslims" ! undecided

1 Like

Re: Killer Fruit Juice: 10 Dead, 400 Hospitalised In Kano, States Warn Residents by obicmag(m): 11:47am On Apr 16, 2021
it no get name? lubish
Re: Killer Fruit Juice: 10 Dead, 400 Hospitalised In Kano, States Warn Residents by PoshTraveler: 11:55am On Apr 16, 2021
WHERE IS THE PIC OF DRINK
Re: Killer Fruit Juice: 10 Dead, 400 Hospitalised In Kano, States Warn Residents by missymide: 12:01pm On Apr 16, 2021
Is the juice nameless? How will people who have it in their homes and stores know it? �
Re: Killer Fruit Juice: 10 Dead, 400 Hospitalised In Kano, States Warn Residents by themanderon: 12:05pm On Apr 16, 2021
All these stories yet no picture of the fruit juice. Picture they say speak a thousand words.
Re: Killer Fruit Juice: 10 Dead, 400 Hospitalised In Kano, States Warn Residents by Urban9aira: 1:00pm On Apr 16, 2021
the north is a forbidden place

1 Like

Re: Killer Fruit Juice: 10 Dead, 400 Hospitalised In Kano, States Warn Residents by maldino: 5:32pm On Apr 16, 2021
Useless report...after the whole jargons u didn't bother to mention the name of the JUICE...Wicked people
Re: Killer Fruit Juice: 10 Dead, 400 Hospitalised In Kano, States Warn Residents by Alimike(m): 5:51pm On Apr 16, 2021
The country is worse than slave trade era.
Re: Killer Fruit Juice: 10 Dead, 400 Hospitalised In Kano, States Warn Residents by calcal: 11:55pm On Apr 16, 2021
Bossil:
Is it so hard to tell us the name,or do you need approval for that.

YES OOO, APPROVAL IS NEEDED.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Patient Who Fled Imo After Testing Positive For COVID-19 Caught Trading In Ondo / Troubled Man Spotted On A Telecommunications Mast In Lagos / Mentally Deranged Man Wearing Lord's Chosen Church Apron In Lagos (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.