Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,471 members, 7,823,097 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 12:21 AM

Presidential Poll: Rivers Is As Important As Lagos, Kano, Says Wike - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Presidential Poll: Rivers Is As Important As Lagos, Kano, Says Wike (10099 Views)

Asari Dokubo To Governor Fubara: Rivers Is Not A Christian State / Lamido Blasts Wike: The Emperor In Rivers Is A Bluff, Leave Him Alone / Governor Wike: Rivers Is A Christian State – No Apologies (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Presidential Poll: Rivers Is As Important As Lagos, Kano, Says Wike by afroniger: 8:35am On Apr 16, 2021
April 16, 2021

By Mike Odiegwu, Port Harcourt

Rivers State Governor Nyesom Wike has said anybody jostling to be president of Nigeria will need to secure votes in Rivers to combine with either Kano or Lagos to win.

He said such a pivotal position established the importance of Rivers in the political scheme of the country, and nobody would be allowed to undermine it.

Wike, in a statement by his Special Assistant, Media, Kelvin Ebiri, spoke at the grand finale of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) local government election campaign at Ulakwo in Etche Local Government Area yesterday.

He said: “I keep telling the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), that no state has given more votes to the party than Rivers.

“And it is only in Rivers, in the whole of Southsouth, that the All Progressives Congress (APC) didn’t get 25 per cent votes in 2019 General Elections. We taught them a lesson.

“In Nigeria, nobody wins presidency if you didn’t win either Rivers and Lagos or Kano and Lagos together. Rivers is not a state anybody can joke with. Some states went to negotiate with them. Rivers didn’t do it.”

Wike criticised Senator Andrew Uchendu for his alleged uncanny comments in the media and wondered what courage he had to talk against the PDP administration that was ending the suffering he inflicted on his people.

He said: “I was watching Arise Television the other day, and I heard Senator Andrew Uchendu and the Chief Medical Director of University of Port Harcourt Teaching Hospital. The CMD said I asked him to indict the former governor. I don’t know that he has such judicial power. I don’t also know his basis.

“He (CMD) set up a target. The man was lobbying to be a commissioner where our former party chairman comes from without even doing due consultation. Because I didn’t give him commissioner, he ran and started to abuse me.”

The governor said it was regrettable that Uchendu spent many years in the National Assembly and was close to the former administration in the state but could not fix the road leading to his village.

He said: “I am going there to flag off the road and to tell his (Uchendu) community, see what your son couldn’t give you. He (Uchendu) has collected the contract from NDDC every year, he abandoned it. I am going to shame him by doing that road.”

Wike said the fortunes of Etche people improved under the PDP-led administration in the state.

According to him, under his administration, Etche sons have been appointed as Vice-Chancellor of the Ignatius Ajuru University of Education and also as a judge.

He said his administration established a campus of the River State University in Etche and awarded contracts for the Igbo-Etche -Rumuokwurushi Road, Olakwor-Nihi Road, and the Chokocho-Ozuzu Road that was abandoned by Ogbonna Nwuke, despite being paid for the project.

Wike said Etche would continue to be relevant in the political scheme of the State and be part of the process of discussion among stakeholders in deciding the next governor of the state.

“If I say I will do something, I will do it. Ordinarily, if Nigeria is a place of true democracy where votes count, no party can campaign in this state. Their hope is to use security?

“Have you seen second tenure governor working as we are doing? It is because of the love we have for this state. We all own this state together. All those threats of what they’ll do in 2023 are all foul talks,” he said.

The governor urged the people of Etche to continue to work in unison ahead of 2023.
https://thenationonlineng.net/presidential-poll-rivers-is-as-important-as-lagos-kano-says-wike/

2 Likes

Re: Presidential Poll: Rivers Is As Important As Lagos, Kano, Says Wike by dignity33: 8:40am On Apr 16, 2021
Then Amaechi should contest for President not a drunking master.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Presidential Poll: Rivers Is As Important As Lagos, Kano, Says Wike by Freestainworld(m): 8:43am On Apr 16, 2021
After 2023, this one will become like Fayose

34 Likes 1 Share

Re: Presidential Poll: Rivers Is As Important As Lagos, Kano, Says Wike by bobowaja(m): 8:44am On Apr 16, 2021
Wike is trying to bargain. He will soon sell the state to Tinubu.

23 Likes

Re: Presidential Poll: Rivers Is As Important As Lagos, Kano, Says Wike by pquaver(m): 9:03am On Apr 16, 2021
bobowaja:

Chai guyu dey reason deep...

6 Likes

Re: Presidential Poll: Rivers Is As Important As Lagos, Kano, Says Wike by bobowaja(m): 10:09am On Apr 16, 2021
pquaver:

Chai guy u dey reason deep...
I plan to play politics at bigger level in the future so I gat deh reason like them.

I hail you

4 Likes

Re: Presidential Poll: Rivers Is As Important As Lagos, Kano, Says Wike by Akanbiedu(m): 10:24am On Apr 16, 2021
bobowaja:

Bad guy

4 Likes

Re: Presidential Poll: Rivers Is As Important As Lagos, Kano, Says Wike by Nobody: 10:25am On Apr 16, 2021
I agree with him.
Re: Presidential Poll: Rivers Is As Important As Lagos, Kano, Says Wike by Boscopro: 10:28am On Apr 16, 2021
Okay

Get a professional business or company logo done for just 3k only and get all the following files of your logo;

1, High quality 3D logo
2, Transparent background logo for watermark
3, Plain logo for letterhead, business card, Id card etc
4, Pdf copy of your logo.
Call/WhatsApp me via the number on the image below.
The link to my WhatsApp is in my signature

Re: Presidential Poll: Rivers Is As Important As Lagos, Kano, Says Wike by kenbee(f): 10:28am On Apr 16, 2021
What's the essence of stating an undisputed obvious?
No state is underdog if the system is right.
Re: Presidential Poll: Rivers Is As Important As Lagos, Kano, Says Wike by Defendingjacob(m): 10:28am On Apr 16, 2021
Copy Hd movies into your hard drive if you stay in PH or buy 1tb,500gb preloaded external hard drive with movies sent to any location of choice.
Number on my signature.
Re: Presidential Poll: Rivers Is As Important As Lagos, Kano, Says Wike by FairlyUSEDpussy: 10:28am On Apr 16, 2021
This man would have been better off being an HYPE MAN.......

1 Like

Re: Presidential Poll: Rivers Is As Important As Lagos, Kano, Says Wike by westfield: 10:28am On Apr 16, 2021
All of them should just gerrout
Re: Presidential Poll: Rivers Is As Important As Lagos, Kano, Says Wike by helinues: 10:28am On Apr 16, 2021
cool

This one would just wake up one morning and start to talk nonsense..

The inflated Rivers state and SS votes in general by Pdp are reducing after election cycle... Pdp can no longer write election figures the way they used to do

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Presidential Poll: Rivers Is As Important As Lagos, Kano, Says Wike by englishmart(m): 10:28am On Apr 16, 2021
Comparing ordinary Lagos to a whole rivers is a huge insult on the south.
Rivers is far bigger than Lagos in everything except traffic and crime.

#bantilosha

10 Likes

Re: Presidential Poll: Rivers Is As Important As Lagos, Kano, Says Wike by YorubarLord: 10:28am On Apr 16, 2021
Even this one too wants to smell aso rock alongside tinubu. Awon oloriburuku gbogbo. None of you will witness 2023.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Presidential Poll: Rivers Is As Important As Lagos, Kano, Says Wike by Boritmade: 10:29am On Apr 16, 2021
Really
Re: Presidential Poll: Rivers Is As Important As Lagos, Kano, Says Wike by Xuuu: 10:29am On Apr 16, 2021
How many people voted in last year election compared to that of Kano's?

=1/5 of kano voters

4 Likes

Re: Presidential Poll: Rivers Is As Important As Lagos, Kano, Says Wike by renny607: 10:30am On Apr 16, 2021
Wike go soon sell the state to Tinubu, his trying to gain more

1 Like

Re: Presidential Poll: Rivers Is As Important As Lagos, Kano, Says Wike by fergie001: 10:32am On Apr 16, 2021
Wike...rest, kwanu.
Re: Presidential Poll: Rivers Is As Important As Lagos, Kano, Says Wike by Michaa: 10:33am On Apr 16, 2021
Re: Presidential Poll: Rivers Is As Important As Lagos, Kano, Says Wike by SmartPolician: 10:34am On Apr 16, 2021
FairlyUSEDpussy:
This man would have been better off being an HYPE MAN......

A

1 Like

Re: Presidential Poll: Rivers Is As Important As Lagos, Kano, Says Wike by Slurity(m): 10:34am On Apr 16, 2021
shocked
Re: Presidential Poll: Rivers Is As Important As Lagos, Kano, Says Wike by Alejobs: 10:34am On Apr 16, 2021
shocked
Re: Presidential Poll: Rivers Is As Important As Lagos, Kano, Says Wike by GeneralPula: 10:36am On Apr 16, 2021
In Nigeria, nobody wins presidency if you didn’t win either Rivers and Lagos or Kano and Lagos together.

This is what 5% doesn’t understand..

2023 is almost a done deal. Regions that maters & that doesn’t matters have been scheduled out and that’s part of what makes it easy..

4 Likes

Re: Presidential Poll: Rivers Is As Important As Lagos, Kano, Says Wike by Duplexxx: 10:36am On Apr 16, 2021
We shall see then
Re: Presidential Poll: Rivers Is As Important As Lagos, Kano, Says Wike by flourish01(m): 10:36am On Apr 16, 2021
bobowaja:
grin grin
Re: Presidential Poll: Rivers Is As Important As Lagos, Kano, Says Wike by AbijaJ: 10:37am On Apr 16, 2021
Abi Wike sef want make Tinubu come Rivers like e go Kano? cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Presidential Poll: Rivers Is As Important As Lagos, Kano, Says Wike by iamyemiakins(m): 10:40am On Apr 16, 2021
Ati Tinubu o
Ati Wike o
Ati Ganduje o.

Ori gbogbo yin ti daru

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Oyebanji Receives National Best Teacher Award Winner, Elizabeth Adeyemi / FAAC Distributes ₦‎2.07 Trillion For February, 2024 / Uncertainty Trails Bailout Fund In Imo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.