Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,625 members, 7,827,338 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 10:44 AM

Gunmen Kidnap Oba David Oyewumi, Ekiti Monarch - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Gunmen Kidnap Oba David Oyewumi, Ekiti Monarch (23895 Views)

Gunmen Kidnap Corpse & Mourners In Enugu, Demand ₦50M Ransom / Wife Of Ekiti Monarch Slain By Herdsmen Recalls Last Moments With Husband / Unknown Gunmen Kidnap Oba Benjamin Oso In Ekiti State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Gunmen Kidnap Oba David Oyewumi, Ekiti Monarch by Doraty1(f): 8:36am On Apr 16, 2021
Gunmen have kidnapped Oba David Oyewumi, the Obadu of Ilemeso in Oye Local Government Area of Ekiti, police said on Friday.

The gunmen took the ruler after invading his palace on Thursday.

ASP Sunday Abutu, the spokesman for the police in the state, described it as “unfortunate and regrettable’’.

“We are already doing everything necessary to rescue him and apprehend the culprits,’’ he said.

Sources in Ilemeso told newsmen that the gunmen, numbering six scaled the Oba’s fence and fired several shots in the air to scare its occupants.

They said the incident happened at about 8.30 p.m. on Thursday night when the chiefs who visited the place had left.

“After they gained entry, the gunmen asked after the Oba which showed that they really came for him,’’ one of the sources said.

Ilemeso is a neighbouring town to Isan Ekiti, country home of Gov. Kayode Fayemi.

Oba Adetutu Ajayi, the Elewu of Ewu Ekiti, narrowly escaped kidnap at Isan Ekiti, last week on the Ewu-Ayetoro road.

Meanwhile, the Ekiti State Council of Traditional Rulers has called for the deployment of troops in the state following attacks and kidnap of royal fathers by gunmen.
https://dailytrust.com/gunmen-kidnap-ekiti-traditional-ruler-in-palace-invasion

Re: Gunmen Kidnap Oba David Oyewumi, Ekiti Monarch by SpecialAdviser(m): 8:37am On Apr 16, 2021
Na wa o.
Every day, every bad news.

Ever since Obas collected brown envelop from Buhari, They no get protection from the gods again. lol

81 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Gunmen Kidnap Oba David Oyewumi, Ekiti Monarch by Anigreat: 8:37am On Apr 16, 2021
shocked

He should be grateful to God that this happened, atleast he will be free from the endless troubles of his subjects for some times. He should use this time to give himself much rest.

I pray they release him soon, safe and sound.

4 Likes

Re: Gunmen Kidnap Oba David Oyewumi, Ekiti Monarch by Xscape1993(m): 8:38am On Apr 16, 2021
What is happening in Nigeria?

4 Likes

Re: Gunmen Kidnap Oba David Oyewumi, Ekiti Monarch by tillaman(m): 8:39am On Apr 16, 2021
shocked
Re: Gunmen Kidnap Oba David Oyewumi, Ekiti Monarch by baconline(m): 8:39am On Apr 16, 2021
Total breakdown of law and order,leading to full time kidnappings and killings

11 Likes

Re: Gunmen Kidnap Oba David Oyewumi, Ekiti Monarch by greatdreamer(m): 8:42am On Apr 16, 2021
It is like the much talked about Amotekun is useless?

51 Likes

Re: Gunmen Kidnap Oba David Oyewumi, Ekiti Monarch by Bossil(m): 8:43am On Apr 16, 2021
Oba Oyewumi was said to have been kidnapped in his palace by gunmen who scaled the fence, shot sporadically into the air and made away with him.
In his palace,and the gods looked on as they kidnapped him.

42 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Gunmen Kidnap Oba David Oyewumi, Ekiti Monarch by Rugaria: 8:44am On Apr 16, 2021
While his followers are here frustrated that Buhari hasn't used a sledgehammer to smash ESN. Face your problems and stop trying to dictate others destiny. Kidnapping and ritual killings are the new pandemic in the South West..

Folks will be far more worried about how to contain others than how to solve the nuisance orchestrated by the hydra-headed monster they made president.
No one is frothing at the mouth about Wakil anymore because Buhari and his northern brothers massaged Tinubus ego during his birthday celebrations.

Go to Iganga, the cutting of limbs and ears are still going on.., but reactions are till being politicized..

45 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Gunmen Kidnap Oba David Oyewumi, Ekiti Monarch by Pmpm: 8:44am On Apr 16, 2021
angry
Re: Gunmen Kidnap Oba David Oyewumi, Ekiti Monarch by ayzTIGER: 8:45am On Apr 16, 2021
Fulani terrorists in collaboration with Radical Yoruba Muslims doing what they know best

37 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Gunmen Kidnap Oba David Oyewumi, Ekiti Monarch by Skyfornia(m): 9:05am On Apr 16, 2021
But where is amotekun? I have never seen them in action...hope they are not wasting tax payers money...you can't be funding amotekun when they are doing nothing.

23 Likes

Re: Gunmen Kidnap Oba David Oyewumi, Ekiti Monarch by Nigeriabiafra82: 9:09am On Apr 16, 2021
Ok
Re: Gunmen Kidnap Oba David Oyewumi, Ekiti Monarch by MASTAkiLLAh(m): 9:10am On Apr 16, 2021
Ekiti don turn to Colombia grin

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Gunmen Kidnap Oba David Oyewumi, Ekiti Monarch by harmargedon: 10:09am On Apr 16, 2021
what of your palace guards?, oh wait!!! they are only seen in movies.

37 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gunmen Kidnap Oba David Oyewumi, Ekiti Monarch by Nobody: 10:10am On Apr 16, 2021
Doraty1:

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2021/04/gunmen-abduct-ekiti-monarch/amp/?__twitter_impression=true
Mynd4
Lalasticlala

Helinues will avoid this thread.

Cc lzaa ngadaawo tochi3

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gunmen Kidnap Oba David Oyewumi, Ekiti Monarch by helinues: 10:13am On Apr 16, 2021
imhotep:

Helinues will avoid this thread.

Cc lzaa ngadaawo tochi3

Wondering how long you have been waiting for this kind of news so that you can celebrate.

The joke is on you

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gunmen Kidnap Oba David Oyewumi, Ekiti Monarch by Nobody: 10:22am On Apr 16, 2021
helinues:

Wondering how long you have been waiting for this kind of news so that you can celebrate.

The joke is on you
When will you apologize for indiscriminately supporting sai Dullardism??

Cc lzaa ngadaawo tochi3

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gunmen Kidnap Oba David Oyewumi, Ekiti Monarch by helinues: 10:24am On Apr 16, 2021
imhotep:

When will you apologize for indiscriminately supporting sai Dullardism??

Cc lzaa ngadaawo tochi3

To hell with the apology...

You have been hell bent in trolling people who have different political opinions from yours.

The question is to what end is this trolling? What's the catch about it? As you can't make any comments on NL without mentioning me.. Are you getting paid for doing that?

Going through both your lzaa moniker and this one, how many comments have you made on NL without mentioning others ? Do you make any contribution to comments apart from mentioning others on empty message .

Like I said, the joke is on you.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Gunmen Kidnap Oba David Oyewumi, Ekiti Monarch by rejoice4eva(m): 10:26am On Apr 16, 2021
Imagine, a country where traditional leaders, military leaders , spiritual Leaders and security experts are not secured. What is the fate of common man?
Without doubt, when the head ( BUHARI) is bad, the remaining body, must be corrupt.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Gunmen Kidnap Oba David Oyewumi, Ekiti Monarch by Nobody: 10:38am On Apr 16, 2021
helinues:

To hell with the apology...

You have been hell bent in trolling people who have different political opinions from yours.

The question is to what end is this trolling? What's the catch about it? As you can't make any comments on NL without mentioning me.. Are you getting paid for doing that?

Going through both your lzaa moniker and this one, how many comments have you made on NL without mentioning others ? Do you make any contribution to comments apart from mentioning others on empty message .

Like I said, the joke is on you.
Confess that Igbo amaka before Libyans invade your village.

Cc lzaa ngadaawo tochi3

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gunmen Kidnap Oba David Oyewumi, Ekiti Monarch by helinues: 10:42am On Apr 16, 2021
imhotep:

Confess that Igbo amaka before Libyans invade your village.

Cc lzaa ngadaawo tochi3

Of course, you will always shift the discussion..

From mocking the Yoruba about herdsmen attack, to apologize for supporting Buhari, now I should confess that Igbo Amaka.

Funnily, you have no idea about how your region people have been gossiping behind your activities, NL cancellers and other trollers from your region..

How I wish you could have a slight opportunity to hear what they are gossiping about...

You may pretend my message is not getting into you, but I can bet it that some part of your subconscious mind is already feeling guilty about your own activities and attitude towards others.

Outta here

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gunmen Kidnap Oba David Oyewumi, Ekiti Monarch by PureMe01: 10:43am On Apr 16, 2021
WASTERN Zombies,this is ESN

8 Likes

Re: Gunmen Kidnap Oba David Oyewumi, Ekiti Monarch by Nobody: 10:58am On Apr 16, 2021
helinues:

Of course, you will always shift the discussion..

From mocking the Yoruba about herdsmen attack, to apologize for supporting Buhari, now I should confess that Igbo Amaka.

Funnily, you have no idea about how your region people have been gossiping behind your activities, NL cancellers and other trollers from your region..

How I wish you could have a slight opportunity to hear what they are gossiping about...

You may pretend my message is not getting into you, but I can bet it that some part of your subconscious mind is already feeling guilty about your own activities and attitude towards others.

Outta here
Will you miss me?

Cc lzaa ngadaawo tochi3

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gunmen Kidnap Oba David Oyewumi, Ekiti Monarch by iamyemiakins(m): 11:07am On Apr 16, 2021
Oba Oyewumi was said to have been kidnapped in his palace by gunmen who scaled the fence, shot sporadically into the air and made away with him.
It has now gotten to this level in Ekiti state

6 Likes

Re: Gunmen Kidnap Oba David Oyewumi, Ekiti Monarch by Tochi3(m): 11:14am On Apr 16, 2021
imhotep:

Will you miss me?

Cc lzaa ngadaawo tochi3
grin grin

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Gunmen Kidnap Oba David Oyewumi, Ekiti Monarch by aderinsola75355: 12:01pm On Apr 16, 2021
Total breakdown of law and order,leading to full time kidnappings and killings

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Teen Mother Caught On Camera Suffocating Her Baby / Tenants Vanish With Landlord’s Children In Edo / Fr. Peter Yakubu Amodu Kidnapped In Benue (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.