Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,501 members, 7,819,817 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:40 AM

REVEALED: TB Joshua Banned On YouTube For 'Casting Out Homosexual Demon'! - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / REVEALED: TB Joshua Banned On YouTube For 'Casting Out Homosexual Demon'! (600 Views)

Gay Son Who Dumped Homosexual Lifestyle Was Saved By His Mother's Prayer / REVEALED! TB Joshua’s Wife Describes Her Husband’s Last Moment And How He Was Fo / Church, Islamic, Political Leaders Want TB Joshua Banned In Israel, Reject Crusa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

REVEALED: TB Joshua Banned On YouTube For 'Casting Out Homosexual Demon'! by Temotala: 11:49am On Apr 16, 2021
A UK-based media organisation ‘openDemocracy’ has claimed responsibility for the sudden closure of Pastor TB Joshua’s popular YouTube Channel Emmanuel TV, which had over 1,800,000 subscribers and 600,000,000 views.

In an article published to their website titled, ‘YouTube closes African channel promoting televangelist’s violent conversion therapy’, Kerry Cullinan explains how the American video-sharing site terminated Emmanuel TV “in response to our enquiries about TB Joshua’s controversial exorcisms”.

According to the report, the channel posted at least seven clips showing “the charismatic Christian televangelist engaging in exorcism to ‘cure’ gay and lesbian congregants of their sexual orientation by casting out ‘the demon of homosexuality’.”

Cullinan, however, acknowledges that after the Nigerian cleric’s prayers, the individuals concerned all testified that they no longer experienced same-sex attraction.

"YouTube’s Community Guidelines prohibit hate speech and we remove flagged videos and comments that violate these policies. In this case we have terminated the channel,” a YouTube spokesperson told openDemocracy after they reported Joshua to the social media giant.

In his statement announcing the suspension, Joshua refuted the allegations of 'Hate Speech'. "Our mission is to share the love of God with everyone - irrespective of race or religion - and we strongly oppose all forms of hate speech," he wrote on Twitter.

In the description of the video which triggered the suspension, the cleric states, “God hates sin, not sinners. When the Bible says, ‘Do not judge so that you will not be judged’, it means we should hate sin, not the sinner because sinners can change… We should hate the act, not the people because our battle is not against flesh and blood but against the ‘spirit beings’ that cause all these acts.”

The announcement of Emmanuel TV’s removal has continued to elicit backlash from the pastor’s teeming supporters who have taken to social media to vent their indignation.

“How can praying for someone who freely came to your church to ask for God’s help with same-sex attraction now be classified as ‘Hate Speech’?” fumed Jennifer Ayre in a comment on Joshua’s official Facebook Page. “This is an affront to Christians worldwide!”

“I think it’s because YouTube is not making any money from Emmanuel TV because it’s the largest channel which doesn’t monetise its content,” asserted Hakeem Oladiran, referring to Joshua’s stance to not allow adverts on his clips, promote merchandise or engage in fund-raising campaigns.

"They can suspend the YouTube channel but they cannot suspend the truth," tweeted Adey Henrietta, calling on Emmanuel TV to launch its own social media platform instead.

For two days, YouTube’s official Facebook Page has been inundated with requests to restore the popular Christian channel and complaints about the suspension.

openDemocracy, which describes itself as an “independent global media organisation” whose projects include championing “women’s and LGBTIQ voices”, also revealed they reported Joshua’s activities to Facebook and DSTV, which hosts Emmanuel TV on satellite in Africa.

Joshua's Facebook Page, which has over 5.6 million followers, remains active although the company stated certain videos had been removed after openDemocracy's queries.

SOURCES:
- https://todaynewsafrica.com/one-of-africas-most-popular-pastors-tb-joshua-banned-on-youtube-for-casting-out-demon-of-homosexuality/
- https://www.opendemocracy.net/en/5050/youtube-closes-african-channel-promoting-televangelists-violent-conversion-therapy/

Re: REVEALED: TB Joshua Banned On YouTube For 'Casting Out Homosexual Demon'! by kingk(m): 11:50am On Apr 16, 2021
The gate of hell sha not prevail.

1 Like

Re: REVEALED: TB Joshua Banned On YouTube For 'Casting Out Homosexual Demon'! by Righteousness2(m): 11:52am On Apr 16, 2021
I am not Suprised! I knew it was around this.
The World is Going insane.
Reprobate minds all over the Land.
Righteousness is being seen as Evil
Evil is being seen as good.

1 Like

Re: REVEALED: TB Joshua Banned On YouTube For 'Casting Out Homosexual Demon'! by CodeTemplar: 11:53am On Apr 16, 2021
Lol... no wonder they banned them. They want us to believe homosexuality is in the gene and cannot be gotten rid of.

1 Like

Re: REVEALED: TB Joshua Banned On YouTube For 'Casting Out Homosexual Demon'! by Ekejoestar(m): 11:56am On Apr 16, 2021
Most people don't know how attached and dependant we are on this internet of a thing stuff. Google has an unchallenged Monopoly on this internet stuff,,,, it's not about YouTube Google is the main issue here because Google is owned by YouTube. The main persecutions has not yet started, this is just the tip of the iceberg.
Re: REVEALED: TB Joshua Banned On YouTube For 'Casting Out Homosexual Demon'! by CodeTemplar: 12:03pm On Apr 16, 2021
Freewill association and givings are now being attacked to give the forces of darkness an edge. To think that Pantami and his likes have clips on YouTube expressing their opinions about Bin Laden being a better Muslim but cannot bring those contents down is disheartening.
Re: REVEALED: TB Joshua Banned On YouTube For 'Casting Out Homosexual Demon'! by airminem(f): 12:08pm On Apr 16, 2021
Youtude ke?
Re: REVEALED: TB Joshua Banned On YouTube For 'Casting Out Homosexual Demon'! by airminem(f): 12:11pm On Apr 16, 2021
Righteousness2:
I am not Suprised! I knew it was around this.
The World has insane.
Reprobate minds all over the Land.
Righteousness is being seen as Evil
Evil is being seen as good.
bros this new world order thing na wa o. How u say we go make heaven again?
Re: REVEALED: TB Joshua Banned On YouTube For 'Casting Out Homosexual Demon'! by jesusjnr2020(m): 12:13pm On Apr 16, 2021
Are you kidding me?

If true, YouTube need special deliverance themselves.

1 Like

Re: REVEALED: TB Joshua Banned On YouTube For 'Casting Out Homosexual Demon'! by Hasmau: 12:14pm On Apr 16, 2021
1. The 72-hour income generator program will help you to set up an online business capable of bringing you N450 000 Naira every single month

2. You can download the 72-hour income generator training videos on your phone, watch and set up your affiliate marketing online business in the next 7 days

3. You can do it part time 30 minutes a day is enough

4. You can turn it to a passive income generator

5. You get paid every Friday for the affiliate sales you make

6. You acquire high income skills you can market to small businesses and earn from the skills

Facebook advertising

Email Marketing

Writing effective ads

8. You get access to promote 49 hot selling high-quality digital products books trainings online courses Nigerians are looking for to buy

9. It is a practical step-by-step
(do- as- I-do) kind of digital marketing training) you will earn as you learn

10. You get mentorship from top affiliate marketing millionaires
(Toyin Omotoso and Uchendu Obialor)

P.S: If you register for the 72-hour income generator program through my affiliate link

and get access to the TRAINING,

my personal materials,

and mentorship…

and you practice everything you learn…

and you don't make at least N450, 000 Naira in the next 90 days of affiliate marketing…

Kindly ask me for a full refund of your
N45, 000 Naira

even though all I gain as an affiliate is N20, 000 naira affiliate commission for recommending the training to you…

Why am I so confident and bold to make such a crazy offer

The answer is very simple…

You see with my materials and mentorship worth N1, 245, 000 naira (One million, two hundred and forty five thousand Naira only)

which I will give you after your registration through my affiliate link

I am hundred percent sure you can get the same results I'm getting every month once you do-as-I-do…

Why?

Because I will be taking you by the Hand and showing you everything I do

…and all you have to do is to follow my lead and we will become affiliate marketing multi-millionaires together

P.P.S: I will share a video with you to show you how to register for the 72-hour income generator program using my affiliate link

P.P.P.S: I will also share my affiliate link for you to use and register for the 72-hour income generator program

WhatsApp me on

To register for my 72 hour income generator Affiliate Marketing Mentorship

Only 5 spots are Available currently and before you know it...all will be taken so whatsapp me immediately you read this to register...

Just say "Yetunde I want to register for the 72 hour income generator program training using your affiliate link and get access to all your materials and mentorship"

Whatsap me after your registration
Re: REVEALED: TB Joshua Banned On YouTube For 'Casting Out Homosexual Demon'! by Makweembo: 1:31pm On Apr 16, 2021
“God hates sin, not sinners. When the Bible says, ‘Do not judge so that you will not be judged’, it means we should hate sin, not the sinner because sinners can change… We should hate the act, not the people because our battle is not against flesh and blood but against the ‘spirit beings’ that cause all these acts.”

If this is what YouTube classified as Hate Speech, it means the Holy Bible is also Hate Speech as it clearly states homosexuality is a sin!
Re: REVEALED: TB Joshua Banned On YouTube For 'Casting Out Homosexual Demon'! by Kobojunkiee: 1:59pm On Apr 16, 2021
Makweembo:
“God hates sin, not sinners. When the Bible says, ‘Do not judge so that you will not be judged’, it means we should hate sin, not the sinner because sinners can change… We should hate the act, not the people because our battle is not against flesh and blood but against the ‘spirit beings’ that cause all these acts.”

If this is what YouTube classified as Hate Speech, it means the Holy Bible is also Hate Speech as it clearly states homosexuality is a sin!
Homosexuality is not a sin.... not according to Jesus Christ. Instead what Jesus Christ declared to be sin is lust, which takes place in the hearts of men. undecided
Re: REVEALED: TB Joshua Banned On YouTube For 'Casting Out Homosexual Demon'! by Kobojunkiee: 2:00pm On Apr 16, 2021
kingk:
The gate of hell sha not prevail.
What has the gates of hell to do with this? undecided
Re: REVEALED: TB Joshua Banned On YouTube For 'Casting Out Homosexual Demon'! by obonujoker(m): 2:39pm On Apr 16, 2021
No man can stop the plan of God, Hallelujah
Re: REVEALED: TB Joshua Banned On YouTube For 'Casting Out Homosexual Demon'! by kingk(m): 3:13pm On Apr 16, 2021
Kobojunkiee:
What has the gates of hell to do with this? undecided

Do you know gate of hell?, If you do, it shall not prevail.
Re: REVEALED: TB Joshua Banned On YouTube For 'Casting Out Homosexual Demon'! by Kobojunkiee: 3:42pm On Apr 16, 2021
kingk:

Do you know gate of hell?, If you do, it shall not prevail.
What is the gate of hell as spoken of by Jesus Christ and what has it to do with this issue here? undecided

(1) (Reply)

Why We Bought A Private Jet, Pastor Enenche Opens Up| Tiz Naija / Biblical Proof That No Christian Inherited Christ's Righteousness / The Nigerian Christian Creed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.