Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,015 members, 7,817,992 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:25 AM

Ondo Polls: Tribunal Fixes Judgment For April 23 - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ondo Polls: Tribunal Fixes Judgment For April 23 (5230 Views)

UK Threatens Sanctions Against Violence Sponsors In Edo, Ondo Polls / Bayelsa Governorship Election: Tribunal Fixes Saturday For Judgment / Mahmood Yakubu: No Result If Edo, Ondo Polls Are Disrupted (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ondo Polls: Tribunal Fixes Judgment For April 23 by Nemere2020: 2:26pm On Apr 16, 2021
The Ondo State Governorship Election Petitions Tribunal sitting in Akure, has fixed April 23rd, 2021 to deliver judgement on the petition filed by candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party(PDP), Eyitayo Jegede, against the victory of Governor Oluwarotimi Akeredolu.

Jegede, in the petition, is asking the tribunal to upturn the victory of Governor Akeredolu.

Jegede had alleged in the petition that Governor Akeredolu and his Deputy, Lucky Aiyedatiwa, were not validly nominated by the All Progressives Congress(APC).

He is asking the tribunal to declare him winner of the election.

The three-man panel led by Justice Umar Abubakar announced the date for judgement in a notice sent to all parties in the suit.

Counsel in the suit had in February adopted their written addresses before the Tribunal.

Jegede did not call any of the 400 witnesses he promised to testify as he closed his case after his testimony.

Defence Counsel urged the tribunal to dismiss the petition on grounds that the petitioner failed to prove that Governor Akeredolu and his Deputy were not validly nominated.

They said the petitioners were inconsistent in their pleadings and added that the Tribunal lacked jurisdiction to interpret section 183 of the constitution as prayed for by the petitioner.

https://thenationonlineng.net/ondo-polls-tribunal-fixes-judgment-for-april-23/

Re: Ondo Polls: Tribunal Fixes Judgment For April 23 by Wonk(m): 2:30pm On Apr 16, 2021
Bullshit!
Eyi is comin' back!
Grammy on my mind!
Re: Ondo Polls: Tribunal Fixes Judgment For April 23 by Moferere: 2:31pm On Apr 16, 2021
In a society where they dont stand law on its heads, Eyitayo should win this case.

The foreign trips of the Governor in recent days are suspicious. The Justices will use almighty formula to judge this case

1 Like

Re: Ondo Polls: Tribunal Fixes Judgment For April 23 by fergie001: 2:31pm On Apr 16, 2021
No case.

The tribunal re-affirms Akeredolu as validly nominated and duly-elected Governor of Ondo State.

2 Likes

Re: Ondo Polls: Tribunal Fixes Judgment For April 23 by Nobody: 2:31pm On Apr 16, 2021
Fulani wants to attack akeredolu because of his stance on the herdsmen issue..... they'd only cause more problems for their brothers in the south west.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ondo Polls: Tribunal Fixes Judgment For April 23 by Nobody: 2:36pm On Apr 16, 2021

The three-man panel led by Justice Umar Abubakar announced the date for judgement in a notice sent to all parties in the suit.

They want to use their Aboki kangaroo court to remove akeredolu because he evicted criminal herdsmen from his state..... fulani's are seriously pushing their luck.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ondo Polls: Tribunal Fixes Judgment For April 23 by Ademola47(m): 2:39pm On Apr 16, 2021
Non compromised justice should be served
Re: Ondo Polls: Tribunal Fixes Judgment For April 23 by Shamsuddeen1051: 2:44pm On Apr 16, 2021
OjukuwuHusband:
Fulani wants to attack akeredolu because of his stance on the herdsmen issue..... they'd only cause more problems for their brothers in the south west.
show your valid evidence or remain silent forever

1 Like

Re: Ondo Polls: Tribunal Fixes Judgment For April 23 by Nobody: 2:49pm On Apr 16, 2021
Shamsuddeen1051:
show your valid evidence or remain silent forever

Show valid evidence that you're the son of your father or remain silent forever.

2 Likes

Re: Ondo Polls: Tribunal Fixes Judgment For April 23 by fergie001: 3:05pm On Apr 16, 2021
garfield1 kahal29 ejimatic dansuqi agbegbaraoye AAA593.....Any contrary opinion(s)?
Re: Ondo Polls: Tribunal Fixes Judgment For April 23 by helinues: 3:11pm On Apr 16, 2021
Jegede still get money to waste for court case..

Hahahah
Re: Ondo Polls: Tribunal Fixes Judgment For April 23 by helinues: 3:13pm On Apr 16, 2021
Moferere:
In a society where they dont stand law on its heads, Eyitayo should win this case.

The foreign trips of the Governor in recent days are suspicious. The Justices will use almighty formula to judge this case

Sebi you have been called to bar, go and represent Eyitayo and win the case for him as you have glaring evidence
Re: Ondo Polls: Tribunal Fixes Judgment For April 23 by garfield1: 3:14pm On Apr 16, 2021
fergie001:
garfield1 kahal29 ejimatic dansuqi agbegbaraoye AAA593.....Any contrary opinion(s)?

Why are you calling me? I have no interest in this dead case
Re: Ondo Polls: Tribunal Fixes Judgment For April 23 by garfield1: 3:15pm On Apr 16, 2021
Moferere:

Are you ok? Why should jegede win the case or you dont know what to say?
Re: Ondo Polls: Tribunal Fixes Judgment For April 23 by fergie001: 3:17pm On Apr 16, 2021
garfield1:

grin grin grin grin

You would have been interested....If I say there is a case abi?
Re: Ondo Polls: Tribunal Fixes Judgment For April 23 by garfield1: 3:18pm On Apr 16, 2021
Wonk:
Bullshit!
Eyi is comin' back!
Grammy on my mind!

Coming to where
Re: Ondo Polls: Tribunal Fixes Judgment For April 23 by Wonk(m): 3:21pm On Apr 16, 2021
garfield1:

Coming to where
Lol... My room
Re: Ondo Polls: Tribunal Fixes Judgment For April 23 by Indispensable85(m): 3:29pm On Apr 16, 2021
fergie001:
No case.

The tribunal re-affirms Akeredolu as validly nominated and duly-elected Governor of Ondo State.

My lord justice Fergie. Lol........
Re: Ondo Polls: Tribunal Fixes Judgment For April 23 by fergie001: 3:32pm On Apr 16, 2021
Indispensable85:
My lord justice Fergie. Lol........
grin grin grin

I don judge diswan already..... Sammy07

1 Like

Re: Ondo Polls: Tribunal Fixes Judgment For April 23 by AAA593: 3:53pm On Apr 16, 2021
garfield1:

Because is APC is ruling the state abi. If its PDP state now, you'll be so interested in the case. You'll never agree that the case is dead on arrival grin
Re: Ondo Polls: Tribunal Fixes Judgment For April 23 by AAA593: 3:53pm On Apr 16, 2021
garfield1:

Nothing there o. The case is dead
Re: Ondo Polls: Tribunal Fixes Judgment For April 23 by garfield1: 4:10pm On Apr 16, 2021
AAA593:

Because is APC is ruling the state abi. If its PDP state now, you'll be so interested in the case. You'll never agree that the case is dead on arrival grin

Not so.it depends.that of bayelsa is still very painful
Re: Ondo Polls: Tribunal Fixes Judgment For April 23 by Sammy07: 6:05pm On Apr 16, 2021
fergie001:

grin grin grin

I don judge diswan already..... Sammy07

Lols, lawyers must chop nah
Re: Ondo Polls: Tribunal Fixes Judgment For April 23 by ejimatic: 8:03pm On Apr 16, 2021
[qand the results uote author=fergie001 post=100847922]garfield1 kahal29 ejimatic dansuqi agbegbaraoye AAA593.....Any contrary opinion(s)?[/quote]. I am yet to understand what Eyitayo wants to achieve in his petition where petitioner did not call any witnesses ,did not contest how the election was conducted and the results declared but the emergence of Akrerdolu as a party gkagbearer in the primary he did not witness and which belong to another party.In sum it is just an academic exercise.
Re: Ondo Polls: Tribunal Fixes Judgment For April 23 by fergie001: 8:10pm On Apr 16, 2021
ejimatic:
[qand the results uote author=fergie001 post=100847922]garfield1 kahal29 ejimatic dansuqi agbegbaraoye AAA593.....Any contrary opinion(s)?. I am yet to understand what Eyitayo wants to achieve in his petition where petitioner did not call any witnesses ,did not contest how the election was conducted and the results declared but the emergence of Akrerdolu as a party gkagbearer in the primary he did not witness and which belong to another party.In sum it is just an academic exercise.
I am much more confused, tbh!

1 Like

Re: Ondo Polls: Tribunal Fixes Judgment For April 23 by Falomo211(m): 1:37am On Apr 17, 2021
Moferere:

they will soon bring out one fabricated lie called law to push eyitayo aside

(1) (Reply)

June 12: Let’s Build Bridges For Nigeria To Rise Again - Governor Abiodun / The Attacks On Reno Proves The Nature Of Most Igbos. / The Only Man Who Could Had Made Nigeria A World Giant

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.