Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,977 members, 7,825,052 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 02:37 AM

Sights of Horrific Sicknesses And Diseases On Nigerian Roads - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Sights of Horrific Sicknesses And Diseases On Nigerian Roads (22281 Views)

Herbal Solutions To All Sicknesses And Diseases. Do It Yourself Approach! / This Horrific Instant Skin Bleaching Method Could Kill You (Photos) / Top5 Most Expensive Drugs In The World And Diseases They Cure (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sights of Horrific Sicknesses And Diseases On Nigerian Roads by infogenius(m): 11:59am On Apr 20, 2021
This is really interesting.
Sadly that's the face of Nigeria today.

Until our hospital and Healthcare centre are improved and Healthcare affordable and accessible to Nigerians, we would see more of them.
But more importantly is improvement in standard of living.
Nigerians are really going through hell at the moment
It's really pathetic, unfortunately we have to got keep seeing them on roads and streets until there's a positive turnaround in health care system in Nigeria
Re: Sights of Horrific Sicknesses And Diseases On Nigerian Roads by indodon(m): 12:02pm On Apr 20, 2021
Stopped giving beggars money when I heard that they do sell their money to ritualists..

I can't comman die for doing good

3 Likes

Re: Sights of Horrific Sicknesses And Diseases On Nigerian Roads by Obindigbo: 12:04pm On Apr 20, 2021
i wish we have a working system and a president who's concerned about the peoples well being, all these people with these sicknesses and diseases should be under close medical watch by the government, even all these mad people seen around markets and other public places shouldn't be, they should have a special hospital for them, like I said, I wish we have a working government but we don't and we can't hope of achieving such in Nigeria
Re: Sights of Horrific Sicknesses And Diseases On Nigerian Roads by sojfarm: 12:04pm On Apr 20, 2021
Is that not the same Ikeja, the capital of Lagos state, the office of the current governor they he hate to see potholes.

This one right around his office in Ikeja. Shior
Re: Sights of Horrific Sicknesses And Diseases On Nigerian Roads by Litmus: 12:05pm On Apr 20, 2021
Re: Sights of Horrific Sicknesses And Diseases On Nigerian Roads by Litmus: 12:06pm On Apr 20, 2021
Re: Sights of Horrific Sicknesses And Diseases On Nigerian Roads by Ladycewhy(f): 12:07pm On Apr 20, 2021
Sijo01:
I wonder if their handlers really use the money they generate to take care of them............................They're very common in Benin too. The sight is just to gory embarassed
You and I know that no Nigerian does things without expecting a return. Someone is cashing out hence the dedication you see from the people that bring the sick. Or you think say dem go stand under sun day and night hold green bag for nothing?Their handlers have a percentage to collect from the total money realised every day.
Re: Sights of Horrific Sicknesses And Diseases On Nigerian Roads by GogetterMD(m): 12:14pm On Apr 20, 2021
Ishilove:
I saw a sight that traumatised me for most of this morning. A person of indeterminate gender (I was too appalled to look at his/her face) sat on a stool just in front of Ikeja Computer Village, and with the sound of Prospa Ochimana's "Ekwueme" blaring, displayed a growth between his/her legs that took my breath away. Literally. I mean, I held my breath and quickly averted my eyes because this growth lacks proper definition.

I pass through Ikeja daily as it is on my route to my business place and I am confronted with the sight of various beggars waving gangster deformities at passers by like some sort of prized trophy, and for fear of being labeled 'insensitive', I cannot dare complain openly at the unsightliness. In many parts of Lagos, our eyes are assaulted by people displaying stomach turning diseases in traffic and on the roadside, and while I will blame the government for the general economic fuckery and for not providing adequate health care for the hoi polloi, I still feel that people should not be subjected to these troubling sights. There is a particular crippled Hausa boy whose limbs are facing...I cannot describe exactly where his limbs are facing. I think angle 480 or so. He lies down daily in front the Local Government office by the railway in sun and in the rain, dirty, dressed in rags and bawling at the top of his voice "brother, epp me!! Sister, madam, abegi, epp me!!!", and boy can that young man scream. My heart sinks each time I pass by him because his high octave voice pierces something in my soul and his deformities cause my mind to quail in horror.

Amputated limbs, engorged tumours, terrifically swollen bellies, gigantic goitres, elephantiasis of the legs and scrotum, oozing sores and other allied diseases daily assault our eyes and it makes me wonder if the government is not aware that our streets are being overrun by sick people. I believe in a sane country this will not be allowed. The appropriate authorities will sweep them off the streets and haul them to hospitals for proper treatment. Do we even talk about the ones that have turned this to a money making venture. They hire speakers, play "Ekwueme" and wave money bags and graphic images of biological afflictions.

I don't want to be subjected to sights like the one I saw this morning that made me gag, swallow a scream and spit. How long can we allow this on our roads? I dream of the day we can freely walk on the road without being harassed by disease ridden beggars. I dream of the day we will have an accountable government that will not allow it's citizenry rot with sickness. I dream of the day...Nigeria will make sense.

Someone wake me up angry

the truth is, most of these people you find on the streets with those monstrous tumours and hernias are there for just one purpose: commercial extortion of unsuspecting people. If you offer to help by taking them off the streets to get proper treatment, they'd blatantly refuse, because begging has become a commercial equity success story for them
Re: Sights of Horrific Sicknesses And Diseases On Nigerian Roads by Litmus: 12:14pm On Apr 20, 2021
Re: Sights of Horrific Sicknesses And Diseases On Nigerian Roads by Litmus: 12:17pm On Apr 20, 2021
Re: Sights of Horrific Sicknesses And Diseases On Nigerian Roads by tellwisdom: 12:17pm On Apr 20, 2021
Ishilove, u just blow grammar full ground- quil in pain, sight to behold, traumatized in pain. Nne, wetin u don dash the boi?

Re: Sights of Horrific Sicknesses And Diseases On Nigerian Roads by christistruth01: 12:22pm On Apr 20, 2021
Ishilove:
I saw a sight that traumatised me for most of this morning. A person of indeterminate gender (I was too appalled to look at his/her face) sat on a stool just in front of Ikeja Computer Village, and with the sound of Prospa Ochimana's "Ekwueme" blaring, displayed a growth between his/her legs that took my breath away. Literally. I mean, I held my breath and quickly averted my eyes because this growth lacks proper definition.

I pass through Ikeja daily as it is on my route to my business place and I am confronted with the sight of various beggars waving gangster deformities at passers by like some sort of prized trophy, and for fear of being labeled 'insensitive', I cannot dare complain openly at the unsightliness. In many parts of Lagos, our eyes are assaulted by people displaying stomach turning diseases in traffic and on the roadside, and while I will blame the government for the general economic fuckery and for not providing adequate health care for the hoi polloi, I still feel that people should not be subjected to these troubling sights. There is a particular crippled Hausa boy whose limbs are facing...I cannot describe exactly where his limbs are facing. I think angle 480 or so. He lies down daily in front the Local Government office by the railway in sun and in the rain, dirty, dressed in rags and bawling at the top of his voice "brother, epp me!! Sister, madam, abegi, epp me!!!", and boy can that young man scream. My heart sinks each time I pass by him because his high octave voice pierces something in my soul and his deformities cause my mind to quail in horror.

Amputated limbs, engorged tumours, terrifically swollen bellies, gigantic goitres, elephantiasis of the legs and scrotum, oozing sores and other allied diseases daily assault our eyes and it makes me wonder if the government is not aware that our streets are being overrun by sick people. I believe in a sane country this will not be allowed. The appropriate authorities will sweep them off the streets and haul them to hospitals for proper treatment. Do we even talk about the ones that have turned this to a money making venture. They hire speakers, play "Ekwueme" and wave money bags and graphic images of biological afflictions.

I don't want to be subjected to sights like the one I saw this morning that made me gag, swallow a scream and spit. How long can we allow this on our roads? I dream of the day we can freely walk on the road without being harassed by disease ridden beggars. I dream of the day we will have an accountable government that will not allow it's citizenry rot with sickness. I dream of the day...Nigeria will make sense.

Someone wake me up angry

Those are the ones true Christians give their Tithes and Offerings to to make their lives better

For example for the Crippled guy you should pay a welder to make a hand bicycle for him so he no longer needs to Crawl along the road.

God will answer your Prayers more Powerfully

Cloth them feed them

They are also Nigerians and Christ died for them too
Re: Sights of Horrific Sicknesses And Diseases On Nigerian Roads by Ishilove: 12:22pm On Apr 20, 2021
GogetterMD:

the truth is, most of these people you find on the streets with those monstrous tumours and hernias are there for just one purpose: commercial extortion of unsuspecting people. If you offer to help by taking them off the streets to get proper treatment, they'd blatantly refuse, because begging has become a commercial equity success story for them
And I don't want to be subjected to those horrible sights anymore. It is wearying my soul
Re: Sights of Horrific Sicknesses And Diseases On Nigerian Roads by pelicanbeau(f): 12:31pm On Apr 20, 2021
This issue should be debated by our legislators...it's true this things are not in anyway friendly with the sight.
Re: Sights of Horrific Sicknesses And Diseases On Nigerian Roads by Absoj(m): 12:44pm On Apr 20, 2021
grin grin
luminouz:
Some are really suffering and need help. However,some are well, scams

One came to my school and was telling tales of woe and showed us pictures of gory stuffs and by God, did we donate. We donated and I spearheaded the donation efforts to other departments. I felt good that I had done something worthwhile.

Only to see him 2 hours later at one BUKA eating 2 plates of cowmeat and drinking beer. From a guy who said he was so fuqed up he takes liquid food using straws?

Damn
Re: Sights of Horrific Sicknesses And Diseases On Nigerian Roads by tamdun: 12:52pm On Apr 20, 2021
The worst part is children going to sch see these beggars on daily basis
Re: Sights of Horrific Sicknesses And Diseases On Nigerian Roads by Nobody: 12:58pm On Apr 20, 2021
We live in a real world, most of the people you see are victims of circumstance, they didnt chose to be born that way, and they exist all over the world.

That some countries are good at hiding them, doesnt mean they dont exist in those countries.

If their presence irritates you , then try to heal them (our so called super pastors and prophets have failed miraculously in that aspect, ).

Instead of whining and complaining proffer a practical solution , if you cant stand their presence attach yourself too the nearest rocket and head to the moon.

Tired of these nagging couch potatoes who form and behave as if they reside in heaven, as if they re not mentally disabled. angry

1 Like

Re: Sights of Horrific Sicknesses And Diseases On Nigerian Roads by wman(m): 12:59pm On Apr 20, 2021
Their relatives use them for business and don't want them to be surgically operated on.

2 Likes

Re: Sights of Horrific Sicknesses And Diseases On Nigerian Roads by Grace001: 1:08pm On Apr 20, 2021
There is a particular crippled Hausa boy whose limbs are facing...I cannot describe exactly where his limbs are facing. I think angle 480 or so. He lies down daily in front the Local Government office by the railway in sun and in the rain, dirty, dressed in rags and bawling at the top of his voice "brother, epp me!! Sister, madam, abegi, epp me!!!", and boy can that young man scream.

Sometimes I think people pour water on him because he is always in that hot sun shouting for help. Not even one Good Samaritan to buy him wheel chair.

Starting from Ikeja along bridge that’s where you will start seeing these physically challenged people.

There is another one at the Ikeja along pedestrian bridge he sweep the bridge every day
Re: Sights of Horrific Sicknesses And Diseases On Nigerian Roads by ephraim18(m): 1:21pm On Apr 20, 2021
The sight always horrible to behold... Can't the Government do something about this... Is always irritating
Re: Sights of Horrific Sicknesses And Diseases On Nigerian Roads by NewDelhi(m): 1:39pm On Apr 20, 2021
There's one around mko abiola gardens when coming from berger .

This one always brandish gigantic scrotum . Like wtf. Public nudity in the name of seeking pity. That's not good enough. Sometimes I wonder how much he thinks he might make in a day coz I don't think any lagosian will stop his/her vehicle on that busy road to offer financial assistance.
Re: Sights of Horrific Sicknesses And Diseases On Nigerian Roads by EgunMogaji2: 1:52pm On Apr 20, 2021
Litmus:

Nigeria is a Third World Nation; you'll find this in all Third World Nation and far worst in many third world nations. Nigeria like all third world nations require that citizens develop her and a part of doing this is working to alleviate poverty, poverty cannot be eradicated since you’ll always have relative poverty.

Trying to give the impression that Nigeria is this terrible place and that the solution to this is not working to fix things but racist tirades against the people or destroying Nigeria is a copout.

I’m pleased to read your post.

It’s refreshing to run across intellectual postings such as this occasionally on these streets.
Re: Sights of Horrific Sicknesses And Diseases On Nigerian Roads by almustapha942: 2:23pm On Apr 20, 2021
Dropping at Leventis bus stop and walking towards Marina round about only to be disgusted by these people everyday, its disgusting honestly. I have to start crossing and following the road median just to avoid them
Re: Sights of Horrific Sicknesses And Diseases On Nigerian Roads by Richthekid: 5:44pm On Apr 20, 2021
Really
Re: Sights of Horrific Sicknesses And Diseases On Nigerian Roads by Pimine: 6:51pm On Apr 20, 2021
Homogeneositys:
The beggars at obalende made me like the song ekueme some years back, very early in the morning , I ended up downloading the song cheesy
Aswearugaaad

We're so different. I used to love that song but now whenever I hear it, I begin to imagine all manner of horrific ailments. I ended up deleting the song.
Re: Sights of Horrific Sicknesses And Diseases On Nigerian Roads by honeybobo69: 10:14pm On Apr 20, 2021
these would continue unless..

you try and sensitize someone around you that you can't keep voting for APC or PDP and expect them to do anything different than they've always done. These set of people would keep wrecking Nigeria.

we need real change, not 'APC kind of change'.

it starts by voting in new set of people.

NIGERIA WAKE UP!!!
Re: Sights of Horrific Sicknesses And Diseases On Nigerian Roads by GentleChief: 3:40pm On May 04, 2021
O my God... Ishilove you can write... Wow Wow Wow...

Why are you not a novelist?

I have always admired you over the years Nd most times... I think you are a spirit.

There is something about you that is just off... Totally off the universe... Like connected with the stars.

It was as if I waa reading all these Chinua Achebe or Chukwuemeka Ike novels that will make you reminisce always.

1 Like

Re: Sights of Horrific Sicknesses And Diseases On Nigerian Roads by Ishilove: 3:42pm On May 04, 2021
GentleChief:
O my God... Ishilove you can write... Wow Wow Wow...

Why are you not a novelist?

I have always admired you over the years Nd most times... I think you are a spirit.

There is something about you that is just off... Totally off the universe... Like connected with the stars.

It was as if I waa reading all these Chinua Achebe or Chukwuemeka Ike novels that will make you reminisce always.
Oh dear...I had to borrow my neighbour's wrapper to tie my swelling head... cheesy

Thanks for the effusive compliments smiley

(1) (2) (Reply)

Three Die Searching For Cellphone In Pit Toilet In Kano / I Don't Know How And What To Shop For My Unborn Child / Nigerian Woman Gives Birth In US After Series Of Mishaps. Pics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.