Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,747 members, 7,824,150 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:49 AM

Bonny Island/ Ndoki - Politics (17) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Bonny Island/ Ndoki (13212 Views)

Labour Party Holds Inaugural Meeting In Bonny Island (Photos) / Bonny Island: Nigeria's Most Organised Island With Amazing Scenery / FEC Approves N1.7bn For Construction Of Jetty At Bonny Island (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bonny Island/ Ndoki by afonjaheadhunts: 2:06pm On Apr 26, 2021
PHijo:

If only you knew that the shit the shit in the Western world is channelled to their Rivers and the water they drink is channelled from their Rivers you will not think you are taking a swipe by referring to the channelling of body waste to water bodies.
Igbos do not make up Bayelsa. The traditional vagabond ethnic group that you are just as you got deported from Lagos you will be deported from Bayelsa.

Why don't you help yourself guy, must you be senseless everytime, even on a Monday morning are you trying to tell me that the water that runs in the homes in European cities or countries are untreated, polluted stream water is that your point oga. Abi you want to still display your stupidity for all to see again.

Make-up or comedian I no sabi, all I am saying is Igbo's in Bayelsa want to be reunited with their kits and Kin, stop crying over that after all Bayelsa was dashed and some people don't see themselves as gift they want out I am sure others will follow suit Ijaws will be left with less than 2 LGA afterwards.
Re: Bonny Island/ Ndoki by Nobody: 2:38pm On Apr 26, 2021
PHijo:

We don't give birth like pigs, rats, or dogs! There is something called birth control. We always had population control. Unlike you Igbos who gave to more than you could feed and end selling the " excesses".

Why were the Ohafia hunting heads? If you had read your history you should have known it was a service to Ijaw kingdoms.

Our language would not have been extinct. Even till the 80s most Ijaw people were multilingual. Speaking at least two other languages apart from their native tongue.

The Igbo have thank the British crown for making them who were ignorant, unexposed, uneducated and less tactful to be at helm of affairs in Nigeria. Thanks to the Igbo and Fulani, the rest of Nigeria was drawn back by minimum of 300 years.

You(Igbo) supported other leaders before Jonathan, including Fulani politicians. Many of the conflicts Jonathan had with other Nigerians was because of Igbos in his government and IPOB propagandists.

Ijaw people knew the office presidency cannot get required reforms. Ijaw people never asked for the presidency, they didn't fight to keep it. Don't act as if you Igbos did us a favour. Nigerians know what the Ijaw people requested for.

If you believe this lies of yours, I have a planet to sell you.
I don't believe you are even ijaw
Re: Bonny Island/ Ndoki by Ekealterego: 6:15pm On Apr 28, 2021
afonjaheadhunts:

Why don't you help yourself guy, must you be senseless everytime, even on a Monday morning are you trying to tell me that the water that runs in the homes in European cities or countries are untreated, polluted stream water is that your point oga. Abi you want to still display your stupidity for all to see again.

Make-up or comedian I no sabi, all I am saying is Igbo's in Bayelsa want to be reunited with their kits and Kin, stop crying over that after all Bayelsa was dashed and some people don't see themselves as gift they want out I am sure others will follow suit Ijaws will be left with less than 2 LGA afterwards.
This should put a nail on the coffin once and for all.. this is an excerpt from the single most important book narrating African languages... Polyglotta Africana in 1854.
For the Igbos, these were the representatives from the Igbo country where 2100 words from the Igbo dialects were compiled... You can clearly see, Bonny (Obani or Upani) and Ndoki fully represented in the 1850s.
@adakaboro8 and phijo (take note)... We will finish you with history, we do not have time for minorities yet.

3 Likes

Re: Bonny Island/ Ndoki by Ekealterego: 6:22pm On Apr 28, 2021
afonjaheadhunts:

If not for Igbo and Igbo's Ijaws will never have seen civilization let alone cry over drugs that ijaw militants take on a daily
Even see the Ejo (their names were written as udtso in Sierra-leone) in 1850s.. They were just as dull and clueless... Men, nothing really changed...
The ethnologist who did this wonderful work was a Rev father... Kölle is his name, but he could not help but see how dull they really were.
Adakaboro8, this might be your great-great-great-grandfather.. LOL..
@Afonjaheadhunts, these guys did not really evolve much, except for those who were lucky to have a mixed Igbo maternal lineage (An obvious experiment)

1 Like

Re: Bonny Island/ Ndoki by PHijo(m): 9:36pm On Apr 28, 2021
Ekealterego:

This should put a nail on the coffin once and for all.. this is an excerpt from the single most important book narrating African languages... Polyglotta Africana in 1854.
For the Igbos, these were the representatives from the Igbo country where 2100 words from the Igbo dialects were compiled... You can clearly see, Bonny (Obani or Upani) and Ndoki fully represented in the 1850s.
@adakaboro8 and phijo (take note)... We will finish you with history, we do not have time for minorities yet.

Do you know what polyglot means to start with?
You Igbos are just too ignorant!
Debating with you guys is like debating with 3 year olds!
Go and check what a polyglot means before you come here to display your ignorance. Being a polyglot has nothing to do with history, even an illiterate can be a polyglot.

Inconsequential minorities that deceived Nigeria to believe they are a majority. Southern Fulani tribe.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Bonny Island/ Ndoki by Ekealterego: 9:42pm On Apr 28, 2021
PHijo:

Do you know what polyglot means to start with?
You Igbos are just too ignorant!
Debating with you guys is like debating with 3 year olds!
Go and check what a polyglot means before you come here to display your ignorance. Being a polyglot has nothing to do with history, even an illiterate can be a polyglot.

Inconsequential minorities that deceived Nigeria to believe they are a majority. Southern Fulani tribe.
You are just basically an offshoot of the Ijaw dunce who represented the Ijaw nation in Sierre-Leone in 1850...
I even mentioned the book and yet you could not even go there to research it.

These were Igbo people in Sierra-Leone then... Sierra-Leone was the academic and ethnological centre for history compilation of African nations during this period. Sierra-Leone had almost all ethnic groups resident there at that point. This research was basically about the different ethnic groups in Africa, the description of the geographic areas and their language. That was a summary, the book also broke down the Igbo subtribes and sub dialects.

In fact there are more convincing ones, but I am not revealing it here rather, I am using it for some other projects.

You did not even thank me for posting your history that you didn't know existed.

2 Likes

Re: Bonny Island/ Ndoki by AdakaBoro8(m): 10:29pm On Apr 28, 2021
Ekealterego:

Even see the Ejo (their names were written as udtso in Sierra-leone) in 1850s.. They were just as dull and clueless... Men, nothing really changed...
The ethnologist who did this wonderful work was a Rev father... Kölle is his name, but he could not help but see how dull they really were.
Adakaboro8, this might be your great-great-great-grandfather.. LOL..
@Afonjaheadhunts, these guys did not really evolve much, except for those who were lucky to have a mixed Igbo maternal lineage (An obvious experiment)
white men wrote those histories for u igbos.. wonderful! it means igbos existence started from the coming of whitemen.. yet u ibos have no respect for ages long Ijaw..

1 Like

Re: Bonny Island/ Ndoki by PHijo(m): 10:37pm On Apr 28, 2021
Ekealterego:

You are just basically an offshoot of the Ijaw dunce who represented the Ijaw nation in Sierre-Leone in 1850...
I even mentioned the book and yet you could not even go there to research it.

These were Igbo people in Sierra-Leone then... Sierra-Leone was the academic and ethnological centre for history compilation of African nations during this period. Sierra-Leone had almost all ethnic groups resident there at that point. This research was basically about the different ethnic groups in Africa, the description of the geographic areas and their language. That was a summary, the book also broke down the Igbo subtribes and sub dialects.

In fact there are more convincing ones, but I am not revealing it here rather, I am using it for some other projects.

You did not even thank me for posting your history that you didn't know existed.

I don't deal with claims from the 1850s. I don't need those books to know my history. You are referring to Sierra Leone during the time it became a dumping ground for freed people that were being smuggled to slave markets in the Americas. If we are to talk about Sierra Leone from a historical or cultural perspective I will be in a better position to talk about it than your source.
Re: Bonny Island/ Ndoki by Ekealterego: 10:43pm On Apr 28, 2021
PHijo:

I don't deal with claims from the 1850s. I don't need those books to know my history. You are referring to Sierra Leone during the time it became a dumping ground for freed people that were being smuggled to slave markets in the Americas. If we are to talk about Sierra Leone from a historical or cultural perspective I will be in a better position to talk about it than your source.

Okay, you do not need documented history with facts, what you need is IYC poorly scripted and factless lies and fictions... Thanks but no thanks.. We will expose your folly... You guys do not know whom you are dealing with.

It is just that we do not have the time for you people yet.. There are mountains of facts.. This is just a tip of the iceberg.. By the time we are done with these facts, you will realise that Ijaw only got six and half LGAs, you will learn to stay within your boundaries.
Re: Bonny Island/ Ndoki by Ekealterego: 10:46pm On Apr 28, 2021
AdakaBoro8:
white men wrote those histories for u igbos.. wonderful! it means igbos existence started from the coming of whitemen.. yet u ibos have no respect for ages long Ijaw..
Your writing is terrible! I do not want to imagine what your spoken grammar will be like...
Re: Bonny Island/ Ndoki by PHijo(m): 2:55pm On May 01, 2021
Ekealterego:

Okay, you do not need documented history with facts, what you need is IYC poorly scripted and factless lies and fictions... Thanks but no thanks.. We will expose your folly... You guys do not know whom you are dealing with.

It is just that we do not have the time for you people yet.. There are mountains of facts.. This is just a tip of the iceberg.. By the time we are done with these facts, you will realise that Ijaw only got six and half LGAs, you will learn to stay within your boundaries.

Folly that made Omehia never to talk about Port Harcourt until he ousted.

Since when did the introductory page of a self-proclaimed linguist become a source for historical discourse?

You guys are a bunch of jokers!

The first set of Nigerian historians were mostly Ijaw or Itsekiri so what would you as a mislead IPOBISTS tell me?

Abeg park well!
Re: Bonny Island/ Ndoki by Ekealterego: 3:29pm On May 01, 2021
PHijo:

Since when did the introductory page of a self-proclaimed linguist become a source for historical discourse?

The first set of Nigerian historians were mostly Ijaw or Itsekiri so what would you as a mislead IPOBISTS tell me?

Abeg park well!
Name the first set of Nigerian historians.. Half education is really bad I swear! Name the first books.
Re: Bonny Island/ Ndoki by PHijo(m): 4:00pm On May 01, 2021
Ekealterego:

Name the first set of Nigerian historians.. Half education is really bad I swear! Name the first books.

I don't need to name any books! Go and find out the first authors of Nigerian history books, the first indigenous HODs of history departments in Nigeria and stop being silly.
Re: Bonny Island/ Ndoki by Eastlink(m): 4:18pm On May 01, 2021
PHijo:

Abeg park well!
For you to say that Ijaw and Itsekiri were the first set of Nigerian historians show how dumb your are. Have you heard about Johnson the Yoruba historian and Kenneth Dike the Igbo historian. Infact, Dike was the first Nigerian to write about the history of the Niger-Delta and the rest oil rivers tribes. G.I Jones the British historian collaborated Dike’s works by widening the scope of the Niger-Delta history.

The Ijaws were unhappy with Dike’s history as it was him that reiterated the early Bonny history of migrating from Ndoki. Unlike Dike, Jones was the first to fault Alagoa’s fake history to which the scam Ijaw historian had to go back to rewrite his work, but this time coining a fake Amindokiari trash and reverse migration.

Ijaws had no history that was decent in the ears. Ijaws never had any real history else the Europeans would have talked about it in their numerous books. It was all about barbarism and uncouthness. The European who recorded Ijaw history didn’t write anything good, except from migrating in droves from the Delta swamps to the present Rivers state. All Ijaws did was hijack the noble histories of Nembe, Oru, Bonny, Opobo and Andoni and claim them as theirs.

Ijaws had no history till the coming of Alagoa who did all he can to elevate Ijaw subhumans into something noble. It was Alagoa with no historical fact that concocted the lie that every Niger-Delta tribe to the coast is Ijaw. Even in the old east, my Father told me that they was nothing like Ijaw language in the Eastern region. Kalabari instead was among the 5 major languages spoken. It was this Kalabari that Cardinal Rex Lawson sang along with Igbo.

Ijaw rise to prominence came up after the end of the civil war, where Ojukwu stupidity lead the Igbos to defeat. Even Isaac Boro the Ijaw freedom fighter never added Bonny and Opobo to his Niger-Delta republic as dude know their weren’t his kinsmen. Ijaws should thank their stars for the Igbo defeat in the civil war which gave them prominence in old Rivers state.

1 Like

Re: Bonny Island/ Ndoki by PHijo(m): 4:43pm On May 01, 2021
Eastlink:
For you to say that Ijaw and Itsekiri were the first set of Nigerian historians show how dumb your are. Have you heard about Johnson the Yoruba historian and Kenneth Dike the Igbo historian. Infact, was Dike the first Nigerian to write the history of the Niger-Delta and the rest oil rivers tribes. G.I Jones the British historian collaborated Dike’s works by widening the scope of the Niger-Delta history.

The Ijaws were unhappy with Dike’s history as it was him that reiterated the early Bonny history of migrating from Ndoki. Unlike Dike, Jones was the first to fault Alagoa’s fake history to which the scam Ijaw historian had to go back to rewrite his work, but this time coining a fake Amindokiari trash and reverse migration.

Ijaws had no history that was decent in the ears. Ijaws never had any real history else the Europeans would have talked about it in their book. It was all about barbarism and uncouthness. The European who recorded Ijaw history didn’t write anything good, except from migrating in droves from the Delta swamps to the present Rivers state. All the Ijaws did was hijack the noble histories of Nembe, Oru, Bonny and Andoni and claim them as theirs.

Ijaws had no history till the coming of Alagoa who did all he can to elevate Ijaw subhumans into something noble. It was Alagoa with no historical fact that concocted the lie that every Niger-Delta tribe to the coast is Ijaw.

Who was Dike's lecturers and when did he graduate?

In your stupidity you even mentioned Alagoa's place of birth as one of the places Ijaw people laid claim to.

K.C.Dike is a new writer, we are talking about people who wrote before or shortly after Nigeria's independence.

Even in schools in Umuahia there were far more Ijaws than Igbo, Igbos couldn't pass entrance examinations until the defunct eastern region introduced quota system. Even Ogonis were more in schools than Igbo not to talk of Ijaws.

You Igbos have no history apart from slavery and the Biafra-Nigeria war. Even the name Biafra, you had to rely on Ijaw history to get it.

Alagoa didn't review anything. Ijaw supernatural. That is why you( Igbo) have ALWAYS remained and will ALWAYS remain subject.

1 Like

Re: Bonny Island/ Ndoki by Eastlink(m): 4:52pm On May 01, 2021
PHijo:

Who was Dike's lecturers and when did he graduate?

In your stupidity you even mentioned Alagoa's place of birth as one of the places Ijaw people laid claim to.

K.C.Dike is a new writer, we are talking about people who wrote before or shortly after Nigeria's independence.

Even in schools in Umuahia there were far more Ijaws than Igbo, Igbos couldn't pass entrance examinations until the defunct eastern region introduced quota system. Even Ogonis were more in schools than Igbo not to talk of Ijaws.

You Igbos have no history apart from slavery and the Biafra-Nigeria war. Even the name Biafra, you had to rely on Ijaw history to get it.

Alagoa didn't review anything. Ijaw supernatural. That is why you( Igbo) have ALWAYS remained and will ALWAYS remain subject.
Please name Dike’s Ijaw lecturer?

Again, Nembe history was revised by this same Alagoa. The same way you had fifth columnists Ijaw bloods in Nembe was the same was you had fifth columnists Ijaws blood like Biriye and Fombo in Bonny, both of whom saw the opportunity to falsify Grand Bonny history. Today, the Nembe are struggling to affirm their difference from the Ijaw landgrabbers.
Re: Bonny Island/ Ndoki by PHijo(m): 5:19pm On May 01, 2021
Eastlink:
Please name Dike’s Ijaw lecturer?

Again, Nembe history was revised by this same Alagoa. The same way you had fifth columnists Ijaw bloods in Nembe was the same was you had fifth columnists Ijaws blood like Biriye and Fombo in Bonny, both of whom saw the opportunity to falsify Grand Bonny history. Today, the Nembe are struggling to affirm their difference from the Ijaw landgrabbers.

Thanks to colonialism, if not, this statement you made would have earned you a space on boat to the Americas were you would end up on a sugar or cotton plantation.

Interestingly, Nembe and Bonny that were some of the most important Ijaw owned slave ports, are the ones you Igbos are striving to claim. Your Stockholm syndrome is incurable.

How can places with no boundaries to Igboland be Igbo? Only in the imagination of snuff sniffing IPOBISTS.

1 Like

Re: Bonny Island/ Ndoki by Eastlink(m): 5:59pm On May 01, 2021
PHijo:

Thanks to colonialism, if not, this statement you made would have earned you a space on boat to the Americas were you would end up on a sugar or cotton plantation.

Interestingly, Nembe and Bonny that were some of the most important Ijaw owned slave ports, are the ones you Igbos are striving to claim. Your Stockholm syndrome is incurable.

How can places with no boundaries to Igboland be Igbo? Only in the imagination of snuff sniffing IPOBISTS.
Ijaw owned port my foot. In Alagoa’s expansionist book I guess. I asked you to show us Kenneth’s Dike’s Ijaw lecturer and you couldn’t defend your claims.

You are now making another spurious claim to the ownership of Bonny and Nembe as Ijaw ports. Please can you show us any historical document from 1700 to 1950 where these afformentioned areas where called Ijaw port? Bonny for one had their own distinct identity which was globally recognized. Bonny were known as Bonny, Obani or Okoloma. Nembe was known as Brass or Nembe despite the mass encroachment by Ijaw migrants. The European recoreded the Ijaws and never mixed both. And there was never a time Bonny and Nembe were know as Ijaws until the coming of Ijaw landgrabbers from Delta/Bayelsa.

The only thing we knew about Ijaws in Bonny were that they came as slaves and canoe workers. And as time went on populated Bonny with their hungry population from Bayelsa/Delta who needed other staple food other than fish for survival.

1 Like

Re: Bonny Island/ Ndoki by Afriifa(m): 6:48pm On May 01, 2021
Eastlink:
Ijaw owned port my foot. In Alagoa’s expansionist book I guess. I asked you to show us Kenneth’s Dike’s Ijaw lecturer and you couldn’t defend your claims.

You are now making another spurious claim to the ownership of Bonny and Nembe as Ijaw ports. Please can you show us any historical document from 1700 to 1950 where these afformentioned areas where called Ijaw port? Bonny for one had their own distinct identity which was globally recognized. Bonny were known as Bonny, Obani or Okoloma. Nembe was known as Brass or Nembe despite the mass encroachment by Ijaw migrants. The European recoreded the Ijaws and never mixed both. And there was never a time Bonny and Nembe were know as Ijaws until the coming of Ijaw landgrabbers from Delta/Bayelsa.

The only thing we knew about Ijaws in Bonny were that they came as slaves and canoe workers. And as time went on populated Bonny with their hungry population from Bayelsa/Delta who needed other staple food other than fish for survival.
Will your ranting ever change facts?

1 Like

Re: Bonny Island/ Ndoki by Ekealterego: 7:13pm On May 01, 2021
PHijo:

I don't need to name any books! Go and find out the first authors of Nigerian history books, the first indigenous HODs of history departments in Nigeria and stop being silly.
Oga, so all of a sudden, they are all anonymous.. Name them an.. This is why no one takes you guys seriously.. You see how we talk with proofs, names and reference points. You cannot even name one.

1 Like

Re: Bonny Island/ Ndoki by PHijo(m): 11:17pm On May 05, 2021
Ekealterego:

Oga, so all of a sudden, they are all anonymous.. Name them an.. This is why no one takes you guys seriously.. You see how we talk with proofs, names and reference points. You cannot even name one.

Which yeye reference points? Your concocted Igbo sources. Apart from Equiano who didn't where in " Hebo country" he came from or Kenneth Dike that has been proven wrong by several scholars which other source do you guys have?
Re: Bonny Island/ Ndoki by PHijo(m): 11:36pm On May 05, 2021
Eastlink:

I am not here to educate an ignorant IPOBISTS who wouldn't respectfully ask for information.

This why I don't have time to educate you dumb Igbo buffoons who keep on embarrassing their ethnic nation.

By the 14th century Bonny, Nembe, Okrika, Kalabari etc. I am ignoring Ijaw areas that don't fall under old Rivers state.

Your Kenneth Dike is not from the 17th century. I have asked you to look at writing from the 14th century so it doesn't overwhelm you and you are referring me to the writings of an apprentice medicine man who wanted to be Ijaw so badly he spent his life trying to be adopted into the Ijaw ethnic group through a series of misinformation.

I don't owe you an explanation on why Nembe or Bonny are Ijaw. I wish you carry stupidity to Ijaw communities like fathers did in the 60s. You Igbos keep twisting and changing narratives. First you said Ijaw are only in Bayelsa. Now according to you Igbos Nembe people that are in Bayelsa are no more Ijaw people!

Bonny people and Nembe people sold you Igbos into slavery yet you always want to identify with them.

What kind of Stockholm syndrome are you suffering from?

Bunch of confused beings!

By the way, where on earth does professor Alagoa or Chief Dappa Biriye come from?

1 Like

Re: Bonny Island/ Ndoki by Ekealterego: 12:08am On May 06, 2021
PHijo:

Which yeye reference points? Your concocted Igbo sources. Apart from Equiano who didn't where in " Hebo country" he came from or Kenneth Dike that has been proven wrong by several scholars which other source do you guys have?
Stop parroting what you know nothing about. Equiano stated his exact home town in his book... Kenneth Dike is not even close to the oldest historians. We have had historians who wrote down are history in English just after Equiano... Beale Africanus is Igbo and he started documenting Igbo history since 1800s. So also was Rev. Taylor

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (Reply)

Delta Governor, Okowa Dissolves Cabinet / NNPC Accuses Oando, MRS, Others Of Importing Adulterated Fuel / Abe Joins Rivers APC Guber Race, Vows To Resist Illegality, Rascality

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.