Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,152 members, 7,818,480 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:58 PM

Is It Advisable To Apply For Travel Visa If Indebted To The Federal Government? - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Is It Advisable To Apply For Travel Visa If Indebted To The Federal Government? (623 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Advisable To Apply For Travel Visa If Indebted To The Federal Government? by yeyebrity: 10:23pm On Apr 16, 2021
Hey peeps, I would like your erudite opinions on this. A cousin of mine recently got approved for one of the Government loans. Hitherto, he was processing his undergraduate university admission and got successful. Now he wants to apply for his visa and is vacillating on whether he should accept the loan offer or not.

In all honesty, he has been brainwashed that since it is a COVID-19 related loan, he may not pay it back, but I think otherwise and tried to talk him out of it. I have the opinion that it may affect his visa application and get it denied. So, I would like your candid advice on this. Should he go for it or reject the offer?
Re: Is It Advisable To Apply For Travel Visa If Indebted To The Federal Government? by Nobody: 11:36pm On Apr 16, 2021
The question is does he intend to pay back and does he have good credit record?, in reality he is borrowing from a bank not the F.G, the F.G is just offering a stimulus with reduce interest.
Re: Is It Advisable To Apply For Travel Visa If Indebted To The Federal Government? by yeyebrity: 6:22pm On Apr 17, 2021
uruba23:
The question is does he intend to pay back and does he have good credit record?, in reality he is borrowing from a bank not the F.G, the F.G is just offering a stimulus with reduce interest.

Yeah. He has the intention to pay back over the course of time. But my greatest concern is whether the loan will affect his visa application in any way. This is because the terms of application mentioned that they had the right to submit his details with some organizations like EFCC and the like. What if the embassy gets wind of it and conclude that he wants to bolt away?
Re: Is It Advisable To Apply For Travel Visa If Indebted To The Federal Government? by Nobody: 6:27pm On Apr 17, 2021
yeyebrity:

Yeah. He has the intention to pay back over the course of time. But my greatest concern is whether the loan will affect his visa application in any way. This is because the terms of application mentioned that they had the right to submit his details with some organizations like EFCC and the like. What if the embassy gets wind of it and conclude that he wants to bolt away?
I think the travel section is a better place because people borrow money from different countries and still travel like Ajala, but I believe if his credit record is clean he doesn't need be troubled.

(1) (Reply)

How Do I Get My International Passport / Fatal Accident At Oji River Enugu State(very Graphic) / Why Is Travelling From Lagos To Asaba More Expensive Than Travelling From Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.