Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,565 members, 7,820,038 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:52 AM

France Decides That Sex With Child Under 15 Is Automatically Rape - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / France Decides That Sex With Child Under 15 Is Automatically Rape (1050 Views)

Israeli Scammers Defraud Nigerians With Child Cancer YouTube Adverts. / Man Set To Marry Dead Woman Who Drank Sniper With Child / My Bank Account Balance Is Automatically Debiting (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

France Decides That Sex With Child Under 15 Is Automatically Rape by OfficialR(m): 10:49pm On Apr 16, 2021

The French parliament on Thursday adopted legislation that characterises sex with a child under the age of 15 as rape and punishable by up to 20 years in jail, bringing its penal code closer in line with many other Western nations.

Sex between an adult and a child younger than 15 was already illegal but could only be prosecuted as rape if there was proof the minor was coerced through violence, constraint or surprise. Without proof of coercion, it was prosecuted as the lesser offence of a 'sexual act on a minor'

"This is an historic law for our children and our society," Justice Minister Eric Dupond-Moretti told the National Assembly.

"No adult aggressor will be able to claim the consent of a minor younger than 15-years-old."

The vote in favour of the bill was unanimous at its final reading, the Assembly said on Twitter.

There had been concerns from some lawmakers that an age of consent below which sex automatically constituted rape might criminalise a consensual sexual relationship between a minor and a person only a few years older.

As a consequence, a "Romeo and Juliet" clause that allows for sexual relations between a minor and an individual up to five years older. The clause will not apply in cases of sexual assault.

The legislation also considers incestuous sex with a minor under 18 to be rape.

In a country that has long cherished its self-image as the land of seduction and romance, sexual abuse against women and children for years went undetected or undeclared in the upper echelons of power and within celebrity circles.

But there has been much soul-searching in recent years.

The #MeToo movement that swept around the world after numerous women in 2017 accused U.S. movie producer Harvey Weinstein of sexual assault proved a turning point in France. So too did the fall from grace in 2020 of a French writer who had written openly about his pedophilia.

France had already toughened its sex crimes laws in 2018 when it outlawed sexual harassment on the streets, leaving cat-callers and aggressively lecherous individuals facing potential on-the-spot fines.
Source: https://www.reuters.com/world/europe/france-outlaws-sex-with-minors-2021-04-15/
Re: France Decides That Sex With Child Under 15 Is Automatically Rape by Authority1o1(m): 10:49pm On Apr 16, 2021
Okay...

Now take a look at this: Murder is punishable by law, theft and robbery also. And so is infringement on Human Rights and drug related vices and a hundred more punishable crimes.

The big question is why?

Of course we can't possibly say we were all here when a supreme being came down from the sky, or walked right out of a vortex and declared these culpable. Forget about the Ten Commandments and the directives of God—in a laughably atheistic setting as the world no one actually wants to know what they are about. And too, diplomacy won't allow them become a standard.

But the man-made laws aren't much different from or conflicting with what a religious book such as the bible frowns on.

Humans wanted a safe society for themselves, so due to the force of conscience and what they perceived as naturally right, they made these laws and had kept on enforcing them. There was no need for excessive persuasion from the Bible, or any other religious or spiritual guidance.

It is abnormal and inhuman to have sexual relationship with a person as young as 15(17 no better).
Anybody, book or law supporting that is questionable.

4 Likes

Re: France Decides That Sex With Child Under 15 Is Automatically Rape by Lcf69(m): 11:05pm On Apr 16, 2021
They're still soft perverts.So,why not below 18yrs of age...... PINNED.
Re: France Decides That Sex With Child Under 15 Is Automatically Rape by doggedfighter(f): 11:11pm On Apr 16, 2021
H
Re: France Decides That Sex With Child Under 15 Is Automatically Rape by Lcf69(m): 11:13pm On Apr 16, 2021
They're still soft perverts.So,why not below 18yrs of age...... PINNED.
Re: France Decides That Sex With Child Under 15 Is Automatically Rape by Streetpresident: 11:18pm On Apr 16, 2021
Some Naija 90+ Billionaires wey de finger under age film gals, forced them into marriage com de arrange award go rot for jail if this kind law de our koun3.

I no wan mension pesin name because na Garri I de plan soak this night.....make DSS no come waya me hot slap this night. grin
Re: France Decides That Sex With Child Under 15 Is Automatically Rape by Nobody: 11:19pm On Apr 16, 2021
May God save the innocent gals from paedophiles

Starzo:

hope u know young boys are also victims of sexual exploitation?

May God save the innocent boys from paedophiles

3 Likes

Re: France Decides That Sex With Child Under 15 Is Automatically Rape by LilMissFavvy(f): 11:20pm On Apr 16, 2021
That's good.
Re: France Decides That Sex With Child Under 15 Is Automatically Rape by Nobody: 11:26pm On Apr 16, 2021
Authority1o1:
Okay...

Now take a look at this: Murder is punishable by law, theft and robbery also. And so is infringement on Human Rights and drug related vices and a hundred more punishable crimes.

The big question is why?

Of course we can't possibly say we were all here when a supreme being came down from the sky, or walked right out of a vortex and declared these culpable. Forget about the Ten Commandments and the directives of God—in a laughably atheistic setting as the world no one actually wants to know what they are about. And too, diplomacy won't allow them become a standard.

But the man-made laws aren't much different from or conflicting with what a religious book such as the bible frowns on.

Humans wanted a safe society for themselves, so due to the force of conscience and what they perceived as naturally right, they made these laws and had kept on enforcing them. There was no need for excessive persuasion from the Bible, or any other religious or spiritual guidance.

It is abnormal and inhuman to have sexual relationship with a person as young as 15(17 no better).
Anybody, book or law supporting that is questionable.

Please can we meet or do WhatsApp video call? I want to know if you're really nineteen. You too much.!!!grin

And sorry I didn't report of how I went with the man. Maybe I will send you a vn. Oga mi.
Re: France Decides That Sex With Child Under 15 Is Automatically Rape by baralatie(m): 11:29pm On Apr 16, 2021
SimplyFacts:
as in 16 years shey
Re: France Decides That Sex With Child Under 15 Is Automatically Rape by mekuso89(m): 11:51pm On Apr 16, 2021
Fair
Re: France Decides That Sex With Child Under 15 Is Automatically Rape by Numerouno94(m): 12:01am On Apr 17, 2021
Our Northern brodas won't like this. sad
Re: France Decides That Sex With Child Under 15 Is Automatically Rape by PrimadonnaO(f): 12:08am On Apr 17, 2021
Infact, under 18.

That way, more people would have sex only when they're reasonably matured.

What's the rush? Be a bona-fide adult first, at least.

A 15/16 year old child knows nothing! At that age they tend to think they're smart and know what they're doing. But they grow up to learn it was all foolishness.
Re: France Decides That Sex With Child Under 15 Is Automatically Rape by tnerro1(m): 12:22am On Apr 17, 2021
What of those people that marry small girls as wife, how will dey cope? grin
Re: France Decides That Sex With Child Under 15 Is Automatically Rape by padi94(m): 12:43am On Apr 17, 2021
This will affect Muslims there more as noore child bride for them.... Konji will hook them for neck like bowtie
Re: France Decides That Sex With Child Under 15 Is Automatically Rape by Sonnobax15(m): 2:25am On Apr 17, 2021
lipsrsealed
Good.
But hope the same laws would also extend to every male child of that age bracket if he's equally a victim of rape ?

Make e for no be like say partiality dey for the whole system...

1 Like

Re: France Decides That Sex With Child Under 15 Is Automatically Rape by tishbite41(m): 7:13am On Apr 17, 2021
Good
Re: France Decides That Sex With Child Under 15 Is Automatically Rape by tishbite41(m): 7:14am On Apr 17, 2021
Sonnobax15:
lipsrsealed
Good.
But hope the same laws would also extend to every male child of that age bracket if he's equally a victim of rape ?

Make e for no be like say partiality dey for the whole system...
lol
Funny but true
Re: France Decides That Sex With Child Under 15 Is Automatically Rape by johnkey: 8:27am On Apr 17, 2021
so one night I saw this curvy girl and toasted her, turns out she's 14, I rest her case when she told me but now she's the one disturbing me to come and visit me. just yesterday she reminded me she's now on break and free for like 2 weeks, ss2 girl o, I weak.

1 Like

Re: France Decides That Sex With Child Under 15 Is Automatically Rape by Starzo: 9:21am On Apr 17, 2021
SimplyFacts:
hope u know young boys are also victims of sexual exploitation?

1 Like

Re: France Decides That Sex With Child Under 15 Is Automatically Rape by Starzo: 9:24am On Apr 17, 2021
very good. I hope the law also covers underaged boy too cuz we know many boys are sexually exploited at a young age but their cases are either underreported or not treated with as as much seriousness as when a female is the victim.

#justicefortheboys
Re: France Decides That Sex With Child Under 15 Is Automatically Rape by kabillionaire(m): 12:26am On Apr 18, 2021
Nigeria should borrow a leaf from France for a change.

(1) (Reply)

Police Officers Seen Brutalizing A Commercial Bus Driver At Bank Road, Owerri. / Super TV CEO' Murder: Could This Be The Real Story? / TEARS!!! How Policemen Killed My Brother In Abia (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.