Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,766 members, 7,820,680 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:24 PM

Local, Foreign Consortium To Invest $500m In Cassava Processing In Nigeria - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Local, Foreign Consortium To Invest $500m In Cassava Processing In Nigeria (5774 Views)

CBN Releases $500m To Clear Verified FOREX Backlog / Dangote’s $500M Cement Refinery At Ethiopia Endangered As Rebel Forces Close In / FG, Chinese Consortium Sign $5.8bn Power Plant Agreement (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Local, Foreign Consortium To Invest $500m In Cassava Processing In Nigeria by Ppogbae: 8:44am On Apr 17, 2021
And they are still complaining about Twitter grin grin.
Re: Local, Foreign Consortium To Invest $500m In Cassava Processing In Nigeria by UTILITYMAY(m): 9:33am On Apr 17, 2021
Rossphinki:

https://www.pulse.ng/business/local-foreign-consortium-to-invest-dollar500m-in-cassava-processing-in-nigeria/lw7zfdy

Is this fund going to be available for those of us in this industry in form of loan or grant? If YES, how do we access it? Please provide us with detailed information if you have it at your disposal. Thank you.
Re: Local, Foreign Consortium To Invest $500m In Cassava Processing In Nigeria by GROWTHSET(m): 9:35am On Apr 17, 2021
Mikelarteta:
How do I go into this business and does anyone knows the ROI on it? Was just reading about it yesterday somewhere
If you're interested,you may contact me.
I am fully into cassava 08034396348

Re: Local, Foreign Consortium To Invest $500m In Cassava Processing In Nigeria by ogwumgbe: 12:21pm On Apr 17, 2021
Re: Local, Foreign Consortium To Invest $500m In Cassava Processing In Nigeria by GoldHorse(m): 1:57pm On Apr 17, 2021
Myself2:

The whole essence is to increase the capacity of the farmers, from farm size to improved species to mechanisation to better farming processes and inputs, all these will guarantee increased yield per farm and harvest per farmer

There was not a single mention of farmers in the article. Insinuating it by throwing words like value chain and industrialisation around does not cut it. There should be a clear plan for the farmers' involvement.
Re: Local, Foreign Consortium To Invest $500m In Cassava Processing In Nigeria by Myself2(m): 8:32pm On Apr 17, 2021
GoldHorse:

There was not a single mention of farmers in the article. Insinuating it by throwing words like value chain and industrialisation around does not cut it. There should be a clear plan for the farmers' involvement.

Well if it was left for readers to read between the lines, then that was an oversight, farmers are the core of this programme
I'm involved in the process so I know.
We kicked off the pilot phase from Edo state in three locations and project BOLT is meant to replicate the Edo model in other states
Re: Local, Foreign Consortium To Invest $500m In Cassava Processing In Nigeria by GoldHorse(m): 9:02pm On Apr 17, 2021
Myself2:

Well if it was left for readers to read between the lines, then that was an oversight, farmers are the core of this programme
We kicked off the pilot phase from Edo state in three locations and project BOLT is meant to replicate the Edo model in other states

Then we are on the same page. It's good to know that the raw material source is been taken care of and not left to "as the spirit leads" grin format of the previous programs
Re: Local, Foreign Consortium To Invest $500m In Cassava Processing In Nigeria by ceaser: 5:54am On Apr 18, 2021
Myself2:

Then it will be good if you use this thread to educate people more on the nitty gritties about it. Forumites have to know about it from first hand narratives like yours. You may pique their interest and make more disciples of them. Let people here know the potentials in this if they decide to get involved.
Re: Local, Foreign Consortium To Invest $500m In Cassava Processing In Nigeria by Ltherman(m): 10:55am On Apr 18, 2021
Myself2:

How can interested persons key in just like you did in Edo.
Re: Local, Foreign Consortium To Invest $500m In Cassava Processing In Nigeria by Myself2(m): 2:35am On Apr 19, 2021
Ltherman:

How can interested persons key in just like you did in Edo.

The Edo model was in Warrake, Oria and Ubiaja, so also locations will be chosen for the next states with availability of hundreds to thousands of contiguous hectares of land and the indigent farmers will be on the programme

(1) (2) (Reply)

What Does WTAX.PD Mean In Fidelity Bank Alert / Pure Water Biz In Nigeria / What Business Is Fetching You Money In 2019?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.