Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,412 members, 7,830,090 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 03:59 PM

Black South African Prince & Rugby Player Killed By Police In The US (PIX) - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Black South African Prince & Rugby Player Killed By Police In The US (PIX) (3618 Views)

Nigerian Instagram Comedian, Foxy P, Gifts His Parents A House In The US (Pix) / Actress Wumi Toriola Steps Out With Her Newborn Child In US (Pix) / Peks Ikeji: When You Shop In The Place Where A-List Celebrities Shop In US (Pix) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Black South African Prince & Rugby Player Killed By Police In The US (PIX) by TMKsouth: 8:29am On Apr 17, 2021
A South African Zulu 'prince' and professional rugby player, who once appeared on South African Idol has been shot dead by cops in Hawaii after he allegedly charged at officers who were responding to a 911 call claiming he had followed a woman into her home.

Lindani Myeni (29), a married father-of-two from the Zulu Kingdom in South Africa, was shot and killed Wednesday evening by Honolulu Police officers during an apparent home invasion incident in the Nuuanu neighborhood.

Police said Myeni, who lived nearby, followed a woman into her home, took off his shoes and exhibited 'odd' behavior.

Myeni, who is black, then allegedly assaulted the three police officers who arrived on the scene with the police chief saying their 'lives were in jeopardy', before the cops fired four shots at him.

One cop was hospitalized with major facial injuries and concussion following the incident while the other two also sustained injuries, police said.

But Myeni's family has cast doubts on this version of events, with his American wife saying he was not a violent person and suggesting his actions may have been the result of cultural differences after he moved to Hawaii in January.

His death comes one week after Honolulu Police officers shot and killed 16-year-old Iremamber Sykap during a car chase on April 5.

Both males killed in the officer-involved shootings are thought to have been unarmed at the time.

Honolulu Police Chief Susan Ballard insisted the black man's killing was 'nothing to do with race' but insisted that the officers' lives were 'in jeopardy.'

'I think what we need to remember is it had nothing to do with race. It had to do with behavior and the fact that this person seriously injured the officers and their lives were in jeopardy,' Ballard said.

This comes as protests have erupted this week over the killing of 20-year-old black man Daunte Wright by a white female cop in Minneapolis - just 10 miles from the courthouse where another white cop Derek Chauvin is being tried for George Floyd's murder.

The three officers involved in Myeni's death have not been identified and their races, ages and genders are not known.

1 Share

Re: Black South African Prince & Rugby Player Killed By Police In The US (PIX) by Hardgun: 8:30am On Apr 17, 2021
Us police self get for hand o

4 Likes

Re: Black South African Prince & Rugby Player Killed By Police In The US (PIX) by Golan007: 8:32am On Apr 17, 2021
Na their work.

EndSARS.

1 Like

Re: Black South African Prince & Rugby Player Killed By Police In The US (PIX) by seabron60: 8:33am On Apr 17, 2021
Re: Black South African Prince & Rugby Player Killed By Police In The US (PIX) by MickzyDonald: 8:33am On Apr 17, 2021
Racism will never stop flowing from the bloods of white men, this guy's just waste the black skins like its a normal thing to do, let Nigeria police force kill one of USA recognized citizen if a problem wont arise, we are tired of you seeing us as trash

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Black South African Prince & Rugby Player Killed By Police In The US (PIX) by Goldbw122(m): 8:34am On Apr 17, 2021
Am just short of words

2 Likes

Re: Black South African Prince & Rugby Player Killed By Police In The US (PIX) by Jerryherd: 8:37am On Apr 17, 2021
undecided

Drug induced behaviour

First you went to a strangers house, she calls the cop, you still beat up four cops that one of them later got hospitalised

Re: Black South African Prince & Rugby Player Killed By Police In The US (PIX) by LMS1(m): 8:39am On Apr 17, 2021
RIP Mr Bones...

IF not that 80% of our Business Client are based in the US,
I prefer China,Japan, and Germany to The USA 5x.

My reason is that Those countries don't legalize Guns like the U.S....

I heard there is a city in Japan called Tinghozhu and you can't play video games that involves Shooting of guns,
If you are got You spend 6Years in a Maximum prison
plus 5 months of No Sex.....

Don't mind me am lying grin

#say no to weed...

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Black South African Prince & Rugby Player Killed By Police In The US (PIX) by daddytime(m): 8:45am On Apr 17, 2021
Yet another one.

#EndUSPOLICE grin

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Black South African Prince & Rugby Player Killed By Police In The US (PIX) by Aflix(m): 8:45am On Apr 17, 2021
I'm surprised that Americans are not calling out Joe Biden like they did to Trump What changed

2 Likes

Re: Black South African Prince & Rugby Player Killed By Police In The US (PIX) by TMKsouth: 8:51am On Apr 17, 2021
Widow of man fatally shot by police tries to piece together his final moments

The Hawaii-born wife of a man fatally shot by police in Nuuanu spoke out Thursday to defend his character and question if he died because of a culture clash.

“He’s the most gentle person ... and the best father,” she said of her husband, Lindani Myeni.

“We’ve got two babies under 2. I’ve got to go to sleep every night without him.”

The widow said she’s in disbelief, desperately trying to piece together her husband’s final moments.

“He was on his way home,” said Myeni’s wife. “So for whatever reason, he stopped to talk to this neighbor ― that literally is down the street from us.”

She says they didn’t know each other.

“I don’t know why he stopped at those people’s house. Obviously he wouldn’t burglarize,” she said.

“We have money. We have everything we need. We’re not looking for anything. He wanted to talk to them for some reason. It says he took off his shoes. I’m sure he did that as a sign of respect.”

The 29-year-old is from the Zulu Kingdom, a nation in South Africa. She says he has the rank of a prince, and even appeared on Idols South Africa in 2013.

The couple met there six years ago when she was on Christian mission.

“We dated, got engaged and got married before he ever came to America,” Myeni’s wife said.

“He never wanted to come to America. It was never anything he was interested in. He loves his people. He is from the Zulu tribe. They speak Zulu.”

The Police Chief told reporters during a news conference Thursday that after Myeni walked into the neighbor’s house she started to exhibit “odd behavior.”

His wife believes his actions may have been misinterpreted.

“In Zulu culture you can go to anyone’s house. You can knock on anyone’s door. It doesn’t matter if it’s 8 o’clock it’s not a big deal,” she said. “Neighbor are neighbors. "

After living in South Africa for three years together, the couple decided to move back to the US so she could continue her career. They made the move to Hawaii because she was born and raised on Oahu.

“We thought here we would be safe,” she said. “What am I going to tell his family back home? They trusted me to keep him safe here. What am I going to tell my son?”

Myeni and his wife just moved to the island in January. She says he was supposed to have his green card interview next week.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Black South African Prince & Rugby Player Killed By Police In The US (PIX) by TMKsouth: 8:58am On Apr 17, 2021
Aflix:
I'm surprised that Americans are not calling out Joe Biden like they did to Trump What changed

Joe Biden would never boldly condone police brutality. Trump emboldened racist cops and supremacists to kill black people.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Black South African Prince & Rugby Player Killed By Police In The US (PIX) by LMS1(m): 8:59am On Apr 17, 2021
See As he die life him beautiful wife..

I never knew Hawaii women could be so beautiful..

I would love to Date from there and free this toxic Nigerian ladies..

but I don't know how to dodge their Numerous Volcanoes...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Black South African Prince & Rugby Player Killed By Police In The US (PIX) by illicit(m): 9:01am On Apr 17, 2021
The nigga fk up

Hawaii no be SA
Re: Black South African Prince & Rugby Player Killed By Police In The US (PIX) by JaceBlaze: 9:06am On Apr 17, 2021
Aflix:

Because most Americans are mentally programmed by news networks like CNN that seems to be controlling the narrative.
Re: Black South African Prince & Rugby Player Killed By Police In The US (PIX) by Queenslander(f): 9:06am On Apr 17, 2021
Another one!! " I can't breathe " I guess black men in the US can't breathe anymore!!
Re: Black South African Prince & Rugby Player Killed By Police In The US (PIX) by TMKsouth: 9:07am On Apr 17, 2021
LMS1:
See As he die life him beautiful wife..

I never knew Hawaii women could be so beautiful..

I would love to Date from there and free this toxic Nigerian ladies..

but I don't know how to dodge their Numerous Volcanoes

Lol grin grin grin
Re: Black South African Prince & Rugby Player Killed By Police In The US (PIX) by Opak001(m): 9:17am On Apr 17, 2021
anything wet get do with po, if no be polish I no need am
Re: Black South African Prince & Rugby Player Killed By Police In The US (PIX) by TMKsouth: 9:34am On Apr 17, 2021
JaceBlaze:

Because most Americans are mentally programmed by news networks like CNN that seems to be controlling the narrative.

Fox has more viewers though and they are conservative. People can tell when something is unjust, it's just a human instinct.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Black South African Prince & Rugby Player Killed By Police In The US (PIX) by doggedfighter(f): 10:02am On Apr 17, 2021
This fine man, just gone like that !

4 Likes

Re: Black South African Prince & Rugby Player Killed By Police In The US (PIX) by JaceBlaze: 10:06am On Apr 17, 2021
TMKsouth:

Fox has more viewers though and they are conservative. People can tell when something is unjust, it's just a human instinct.

Fox is not a viable network either.That's another way of looking at it but sometimes people act based on sentiments before they even get a full story.
Re: Black South African Prince & Rugby Player Killed By Police In The US (PIX) by TMKsouth: 12:11pm On Apr 17, 2021
doggedfighter:
This fine man, just gone like that !

Just for your eyes cool grin

Re: Black South African Prince & Rugby Player Killed By Police In The US (PIX) by WannaHowzit(m): 1:36pm On Apr 17, 2021
The US is just as unsafe as SA for black people.
Re: Black South African Prince & Rugby Player Killed By Police In The US (PIX) by frugal(m): 2:57pm On Apr 17, 2021
TMKsouth:

Joe Biden would never boldly condone police brutality. Trump emboldened racist cops and supremacists to kill black people.
How? Where?
Re: Black South African Prince & Rugby Player Killed By Police In The US (PIX) by TMKsouth: 3:35pm On Apr 17, 2021
frugal:

How? Where?

There's plenty of analysis online.

Re: Black South African Prince & Rugby Player Killed By Police In The US (PIX) by frugal(m): 3:56pm On Apr 17, 2021
TMKsouth:

There's plenty of analysis online.
Those are speculations. Let's see a tweet or the president's video encouraging 'racist cops & supremacists to kill black people'.
Re: Black South African Prince & Rugby Player Killed By Police In The US (PIX) by TMKsouth: 4:22pm On Apr 17, 2021
frugal:

Those are speculations. Let's see a tweet or the president's video encouraging 'racist cops & supremacists to kill black people'.

You don't think a president saying violent white supremacists are "good people" when they had just attacked BLM protestors is not encouragement and solidarity? undecided Constant denial of the policing problem is also encouragement in itself.

Its unfortunate that you think we still live in a world where politicians are explicit like Hitler or Idi Amin about killing people. Just because Trump doesnt utter the words doesn't mean he's not sending out messages.

Tell me of any politician in South Africa who has explicitly said foreigners must be killed, but I can bet you are one of the loudest critics of the SA government regarding xenophobia. How can u make that link when it comes to SA but shield Trump from all the years of hints he's been dropping in support of white supremacy? undecided

2 Likes

Re: Black South African Prince & Rugby Player Killed By Police In The US (PIX) by doggedfighter(f): 4:36pm On Apr 17, 2021
TMKsouth:

Just for your eyes cool grin

Oh dear........orgasmic grin grin

1 Like

Re: Black South African Prince & Rugby Player Killed By Police In The US (PIX) by WannaHowzit(m): 5:07pm On Apr 17, 2021
frugal:

How? Where?

Come on now angry
Re: Black South African Prince & Rugby Player Killed By Police In The US (PIX) by mu2sa2: 5:27pm On Apr 17, 2021
For ipob and other mumu planning to relocate to US r.i.p in advance.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Sound Sultan And Wife Have A Steam Bath/suana Session (photos) / SEE Toyin Lawani's N550,000 Hair / [rate]ebube Nwagbo Vs Damilola Adegbite –

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.