Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,687 members, 7,955,578 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 09:34 AM

Please God And Preaching To Men - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Please God And Preaching To Men (238 Views)

Mad Man Preaching To Crowd About Hell Fire! (Video) / Six Important Ways To Please God / 7 Ways To Please God (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Please God And Preaching To Men by FreshGreen: 2:15pm On Apr 17, 2021
PLEASING & PREACHING: The Two Must Go Together Separately!
As children of God, ministers of God, we have two responsibilities to both God and men which we must not fail nor mix up. Our responsibility to God is to please Him and our responsibility to men is to preach the gospel of Jesus Christ to them.

Jesus showed the example during His earthly ministry, He pleased God and preached to men. “And the Holy Spirit descended in bodily form like a dove upon Him, and a voice came from heaven which said, “You are My Beloved Son; in You I am well pleased.” Luke 3:22

What does it mean to please God?
To please God means to seek God’s approval by seeking His will and doing it. Without God’s approval, we can’t enter heaven. We take it as responsibility to seek His approval, we can go to any length to do this.

We get God's approval when we are seeking God’s will and doing it. You know what? You can’t do God’s will without knowing His will, so it means we need to first seek and understand His will then we do it. We can only do God’s will to the extent of which we know, so for us to do the whole will of God we must know more of God’s will.

"We seek God’s will through God’s word."
We know God’s will through His word; by reading, studying and listening to God’s word, we become enlightened in what God want us to do. That is the reason daily Bible reading is a must for children of God. “Therefore do not be unwise, but understand what the will of the Lord is.” Ephesians 5:17.

Doing God’s will is the most important aspect of all and that is the climax of pleasing God. Not only seeking God’s will but those who do the will of God are justified by God. “For I have come down from heaven, not to do My own will, but the will of Him who sent Me.” John 6:38.

Jesus Christ pleased God by doing the will of God!

Preaching to Men
We have a sole responsibility on earth to all men after we are saved, and that is to preach to gospel to them, in fact, a child of God who fails to preach the gospel to all men is accursed by God. “For if I preach the gospel, I have nothing to boast of, for necessity is laid upon me; yes, woe is me if I do not preach the gospel!” 1 Corinthians 9:16.

When We Get It Wrong
We get it all wrong when we seek to please men instead of preaching to them. God does not send us to please men but to preach to them. But the gospel of Satan which is modern day prosperity/permissive gospel of sugar coated preaching seek to appease and please men. We can cannot please men and God at the same time, impossible! We can only please God and preach to them. We are not sent to please men but to preach to them. In this end time, the devil is busy making church to turn things upside down - pleasing men and preaching to God - complaining.

Pleasing men will make us displease God, it will make us to compromise the Bible standard and water down the gospel. Those who suffer shipwreck of their faith seek to please men instead of preaching to men; those who fall into the deception of prosperity preaching seek to please men, and those who seek to please men will not get the approval of God nor enter heaven.

In our daily living, let’s get it right: please God and preach to me, simple!

Galatians 1:10, “For do I now persuade men, or God? Or do I seek to please men? For if I still pleased men, I would not be a bondservant of Christ.”

God bless you

RTEM

(1) (Reply)

Is Jesus Christ The Son Of God Or God Almighty Himself? / Before You Sleep, Meditate And Pray With This / Getting To His House

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.