Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,643 members, 7,809,415 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:10 AM

Inspector Ochofie Ijimbile Didn't Commit Suicide — Police Spokesperson - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Inspector Ochofie Ijimbile Didn't Commit Suicide — Police Spokesperson (20401 Views)

Why We Can’t Arrest Crossdresser Bobrisky, Others — Police Spokesperson / Toluige Olokoobi Commits Suicide: Police Detain Husband / Man Released After 44 Years In Prison For Rape He Didn't Commit In US (Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Inspector Ochofie Ijimbile Didn't Commit Suicide — Police Spokesperson by Metrix147: 2:31pm On Apr 17, 2021
Previous thread: https://www.nairaland.com/6509228/ochofie-ijimbile-police-inspector-commits

A Police Inspector identified as Ochofie Ijimbile attached to MOPOL 55 Aba, Abia State on Friday allegedly shot and killed himself while servicing his rifle in readiness for the day's job, ABN TV reports.

He was before his death serving as a hotel guard in Aba metropolis.

Police spokesman in the command, SP Geoffrey Ogbonna while describing the incident as sad and unfortunate told ABN TV that Inspector Ijimbile accidentally shot himself on the chest.

Following the incident, he was immediately rushed to the hospital where he was confirmed dead.

While stating that the late policeman could be unaware that there is bullet in his rifle chamber called on policemen in Abia and across the country especially those handling rifles to always exercise extra carefulness while servicing their arms.

His corpse has since been deposited in the morgue while efforts are on to reach the family members.

https://abntv.com.ng/2021/04/abia-policeman-didnt-commit-suicide-police-spokesperson/

1 Like

Re: Inspector Ochofie Ijimbile Didn't Commit Suicide — Police Spokesperson by Mrentertainer(m): 2:35pm On Apr 17, 2021
So sad
Re: Inspector Ochofie Ijimbile Didn't Commit Suicide — Police Spokesperson by mooremoney(m): 2:35pm On Apr 17, 2021
Police and lies

61 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Inspector Ochofie Ijimbile Didn't Commit Suicide — Police Spokesperson by lagusboyyy(m): 2:35pm On Apr 17, 2021
Rest in peace cop.
Re: Inspector Ochofie Ijimbile Didn't Commit Suicide — Police Spokesperson by pacesetter042(m): 2:35pm On Apr 17, 2021
Servicing a rifle and thereby killing himself?

Story doesn't add up

Who services a loaded rifle?

The muzzle , barrel and Front Sight of the gun was pointed right at him and he proceeded to pull the trigger, accidentally hmmm?

It is well with this Country

47 Likes 1 Share

Re: Inspector Ochofie Ijimbile Didn't Commit Suicide — Police Spokesperson by Nobody: 2:35pm On Apr 17, 2021
shocked
Re: Inspector Ochofie Ijimbile Didn't Commit Suicide — Police Spokesperson by Mokason288(m): 2:35pm On Apr 17, 2021
Nigerian police are ill trained and exhibit unprofessional skills always

He might even be drunk with a rifle while on duty

Mstheeeeeew undecided

I HOPE I MADE SENSE

15 Likes

Re: Inspector Ochofie Ijimbile Didn't Commit Suicide — Police Spokesperson by Trimjos: 2:36pm On Apr 17, 2021
Lol

Very unprofessional lots. Imagine a policeman not knowing if there was bullet in his rifle chamber. Maybe he shot himself and was expecting to see a popcorn

10 Likes

Re: Inspector Ochofie Ijimbile Didn't Commit Suicide — Police Spokesperson by NwaAmaikpe: 2:36pm On Apr 17, 2021
shocked

Whether he killed himself intentionally or accidentally; it is still suicide and he will go to hell for taking a life he did not create.

So the police wants me to believe that a whole Inspector can not service a loaded weapon?

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: Inspector Ochofie Ijimbile Didn't Commit Suicide — Police Spokesperson by xOracle(m): 2:36pm On Apr 17, 2021
It's sad that the dead can't talk ..people align & realign statements..

2 Likes

Re: Inspector Ochofie Ijimbile Didn't Commit Suicide — Police Spokesperson by mosesbola(f): 2:36pm On Apr 17, 2021
Olopa
Re: Inspector Ochofie Ijimbile Didn't Commit Suicide — Police Spokesperson by lekki1444: 2:36pm On Apr 17, 2021
shocked all the egunje wey e done collect from aba people, hin cup done full. God make am kee hesef by hesef
Re: Inspector Ochofie Ijimbile Didn't Commit Suicide — Police Spokesperson by Haykay77: 2:36pm On Apr 17, 2021
God knows best
Re: Inspector Ochofie Ijimbile Didn't Commit Suicide — Police Spokesperson by gambia(m): 2:36pm On Apr 17, 2021
The man is dead and gone, allow him to rest in peace.
Re: Inspector Ochofie Ijimbile Didn't Commit Suicide — Police Spokesperson by Donspicey: 2:37pm On Apr 17, 2021
Nawaooo.....

Same way dem dey shoot unarmed citizens anyhow and tag it accidental discharge....

It is well.......

Anyways RIP.....

1 Like

Re: Inspector Ochofie Ijimbile Didn't Commit Suicide — Police Spokesperson by Nobody: 2:37pm On Apr 17, 2021
The rest is history , Friend Rest in peace

1 Like

Re: Inspector Ochofie Ijimbile Didn't Commit Suicide — Police Spokesperson by Jpmacleo: 2:37pm On Apr 17, 2021
Akuko uwa
Re: Inspector Ochofie Ijimbile Didn't Commit Suicide — Police Spokesperson by moderatorr: 2:37pm On Apr 17, 2021
I smell a cover up. Who accidentally shoots himself in the chest with a long AK47 rifle?

3 Likes

Re: Inspector Ochofie Ijimbile Didn't Commit Suicide — Police Spokesperson by Jessicaos(f): 2:38pm On Apr 17, 2021
We are watching

1 Like

Re: Inspector Ochofie Ijimbile Didn't Commit Suicide — Police Spokesperson by Nobody: 2:38pm On Apr 17, 2021
I know that he was murdered by d policeman, who requested his bathroom/toilet use. How can u be having ur bath and didn't hear sound of gun shot, only for u to come out and behold d police man's body. I smelled something very fish in this report, when I first came across it

2 Likes

Re: Inspector Ochofie Ijimbile Didn't Commit Suicide — Police Spokesperson by Akpuobi1: 2:39pm On Apr 17, 2021
While stating that the late policeman could be unaware that there is bullet in his rifle chamber

I'm not understanding this part. Somebody explain pls.
Re: Inspector Ochofie Ijimbile Didn't Commit Suicide — Police Spokesperson by tillaman(m): 2:39pm On Apr 17, 2021
Set up
Re: Inspector Ochofie Ijimbile Didn't Commit Suicide — Police Spokesperson by tolumizzy(m): 2:39pm On Apr 17, 2021
Evil....
Re: Inspector Ochofie Ijimbile Didn't Commit Suicide — Police Spokesperson by Matheusmartin: 2:39pm On Apr 17, 2021
.. So wetin con kill am++
Re: Inspector Ochofie Ijimbile Didn't Commit Suicide — Police Spokesperson by Xenry: 2:42pm On Apr 17, 2021
grin by
Re: Inspector Ochofie Ijimbile Didn't Commit Suicide — Police Spokesperson by inumidun2010(m): 2:43pm On Apr 17, 2021
Good Riddance... No Police deserve my R.I.P.. if you've not had an UGLY incident with them, Dont QUOTE ME... If your PAPA or MAMA Na POLICE... Tell them to ACT ACCORDINGLY... Till then, None of them DESERVE IT.. Imagine say POLICE dey RAPE inside STATION all in the name of I WILL SHOOT YOU AND NOTHING WILL HAPPEN

3 Likes

Re: Inspector Ochofie Ijimbile Didn't Commit Suicide — Police Spokesperson by Nobody: 2:43pm On Apr 17, 2021
In other words, the policeman was careless.
Re: Inspector Ochofie Ijimbile Didn't Commit Suicide — Police Spokesperson by Nobody: 2:43pm On Apr 17, 2021
pacesetter042:
Servicing a rifle and thereby killing himself?

Story doesn't add up

Who services a loaded rifle?

The muzzle , barrel and Front Sight of the gun was pointed right at him and he proceeded to pull the trigger, accidentally hmmm?

It is well with this Country

It happens. The chap was probably careless, and forgot his training.

In the US, people who use guns are always taught to act as if the gun is always loaded...and not to point the gun at themselves or other people, even if they are sure it is not loaded.., and also to make sure the gun is unloaded before cleaning it.

1 Like

Re: Inspector Ochofie Ijimbile Didn't Commit Suicide — Police Spokesperson by jaxxy(m): 2:43pm On Apr 17, 2021
Using a rifle requires absolute responsibility, u can’t be guessing or playing with it.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Sergeant Drinks Poison In Police Detention / Breaking: Six Students Kidnapped In Epe Released / Police Arrest Two Kidnappers, Rescue Five Victims In Akwa Ibom (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.