Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,157 members, 7,815,029 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:31 AM

Do Other Countries Print Money As Claimed By Emefiele? (Fact Check) - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Do Other Countries Print Money As Claimed By Emefiele? (Fact Check) (47185 Views)

Jim Obazee Uncovers Fresh N3trillion COVID Loans & Others Mismanaged By Emefiele / Fact Chek: Has NIN-SIM Integration Reduced Kidnapping As Claimed By Pantami? / Did Justice Onnoghen Set Free Alleged Corrupt Persons As Claimed By Buhari? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Do Other Countries Print Money As Claimed By Emefiele? (Fact Check) by PAWG(m): 9:36pm On Apr 17, 2021
lonecatt:
were you in sambisa forest when the finance minister denied it?

Yeah, I came back yesterday.
Re: Do Other Countries Print Money As Claimed By Emefiele? (Fact Check) by sowilli: 9:36pm On Apr 17, 2021
boogietrends:
There is nothing wrong in printing money especially when the country has a huge population to push the inflation over to. China did it, in fact China printed trillions to help build their economy and today they are better for it. If we have good economic managers in Nigeria, they should print trillions of naira to support infrastructure and not for recurrent expenditure.
the population of China is/ was productive. Not same with Nigeria

2 Likes

Re: Do Other Countries Print Money As Claimed By Emefiele? (Fact Check) by Depressed101: 9:37pm On Apr 17, 2021
boogietrends:
There is nothing wrong in printing money especially when the country has a huge population to push the inflation over to. China did it, in fact China printed trillions to help build their economy and today they are better for it. If we have good economic managers in Nigeria, they should print trillions of naira to support infrastructure and not for recurrent expenditure.
Obaseki took Nigerians for fools, The US Covid 19 benefit is funded by printed money
Re: Do Other Countries Print Money As Claimed By Emefiele? (Fact Check) by blaise26abj(m): 9:37pm On Apr 17, 2021
boogietrends:

You Are right .The issue is our corruption level and weak institutions . Printing money that will still be stolen is counterproductive . My theory is that when USA printed trillions as handouts during the pandemic , they pressured third world countries to devalue their currencies through IMF and world bank etc thereby absorbing their inflation

1 Like

Re: Do Other Countries Print Money As Claimed By Emefiele? (Fact Check) by ezewealth(m): 9:38pm On Apr 17, 2021
Nawa for this govt. you can't just wake in the morning n print money. when you don't have strong economy, why are we printing money when their is scarcity of goods in the country hence u depreciating our naira. soon our case will be of that Venezuela that currency where littered on the road. USA prints dollars to commensurate the old ones that are been destroyed or recycled. this CBN gov. no sabi book o

2 Likes

Re: Do Other Countries Print Money As Claimed By Emefiele? (Fact Check) by sammirano: 9:38pm On Apr 17, 2021
Na US print moni pass
Re: Do Other Countries Print Money As Claimed By Emefiele? (Fact Check) by ottohan: 9:42pm On Apr 17, 2021
Exclusive101:
I am yet to see all the Igbo clowns on NL criticize this collosus in failure labelled cbn governor. If Kemi failed 2% as pathetically as this jew from hell I wonder if his Jewish tribesmen would not have beheaded her in broad daylight.

Till date the jews from Alaigbo claim Kemi is a failure but they are yet to tell us what this disaster is. The first bastard CBN governor from 1999 to be printing billions that was never earned n the bastard Kanu is not saying anything.

My msg is more to all the Yorubas supporting PDP. Especially, those claiming Tinubu should let go of his ambition for Igbos to take over. Can you all see no igbo is insulting Emefiele till date ? From 1999 till date which CBN governor ever failed as abysmally as this totality in failure ?

Fashola that picked up a camera at lekki scene is till today called a failure n dragged across all online platform but here is a true definition of FAILURE glaring to the dead n blind.

Have you seen him being dragged ? Some foolish Yorubas when Igbos start dragging your politician continue joining them. The day will come they will help drag your father pant as well.

Make we de drag foolishness with those breeding failures but insulting your own politician that are even trying.
U are a half wit...
All what you just typed is an utter rubbish.
We are talking about money printing and its effects...but you with your verry low IQ is looking for a way to bring tribal sentiment into it...how low can your reasoning be?

3 Likes

Re: Do Other Countries Print Money As Claimed By Emefiele? (Fact Check) by cyrilamx(m): 9:43pm On Apr 17, 2021
MansoryMX:
I bought a carton of sardine, peak milk and some cartons of indomie because they what my kids takes to school everyday on their lunch packs. I know how much I spent getting those items today and I can tell you that with the current price of foodstuffs in the market, everyone should brace up with this foolish and unthinkable action from the government. Hyperinflation loading!

No sane government will print money in times like this! This country isn’t productive enough, this country doesn’t export much so what exactly are they printing money for? Na wa o!
But the great Igbo professor of economics said it na.

1 Like

Re: Do Other Countries Print Money As Claimed By Emefiele? (Fact Check) by Great2017: 9:46pm On Apr 17, 2021
Jerryherd:
Obaseki is to dull to rationalise this concept of stimulating the economy
He is no longer lying; he doesn't understand the concept of printing money is now the excuse. We are we deceiving ourselves in this country?

2 Likes

Re: Do Other Countries Print Money As Claimed By Emefiele? (Fact Check) by davillian(m): 9:46pm On Apr 17, 2021
lonecatt:
And you think any serious investor will invest in a country whose president only have the qualities of rearing cows ?
When buhari first became president major international companies and business fled Nigeria.

Emiefele is not to be held responsible for buhari's leadership failures.

He failed in 1984 and is doing same today yet you are surprised. Tufiakwa
He failed before, he is still failing now and will continue to fail chai

1 Like

Re: Do Other Countries Print Money As Claimed By Emefiele? (Fact Check) by Quality20(m): 9:46pm On Apr 17, 2021
That yeye edo governor shd come and tell us all he thinks or knows about this government right from the time he was in APC and not only now that Oshiomhole has boiled up his blood pressure. His behaviour is so immature n childish. I never expected a governor will behave like he did
Re: Do Other Countries Print Money As Claimed By Emefiele? (Fact Check) by Lekan239(m): 9:47pm On Apr 17, 2021
GeneralPula:
If you watch money heist, you’ll see as dem dey print money for Bank of Spain..

Sure, all countries print money..

My own question be say... Why do government borrow money when theirs money printing machine?
what happened to Zimbabwe and Venezuela will happen to that country.

There would be enough money for everyone, thus price of goods will skyrocket based on more demands, so a toothpick of 10naira can increase in price to 10,000naira

3 Likes

Re: Do Other Countries Print Money As Claimed By Emefiele? (Fact Check) by favour32(m): 9:47pm On Apr 17, 2021
Exclusive101:
I am yet to see all the Igbo clowns on NL criticize this collosus in failure labelled cbn governor. If Kemi failed 2% as pathetically as this jew from hell I wonder if his Jewish tribesmen would not have beheaded her in broad daylight.

Till date the jews from Alaigbo claim Kemi is a failure but they are yet to tell us what this disaster is. The first bastard CBN governor from 1999 to be printing billions that was never earned n the bastard Kanu is not saying anything.

My msg is more to all the Yorubas supporting PDP. Especially, those claiming Tinubu should let go of his ambition for Igbos to take over. Can you all see no igbo is insulting Emefiele till date ? From 1999 till date which CBN governor ever failed as abysmally as this totality in failure ?

Fashola that picked up a camera at lekki scene is till today called a failure n dragged across all online platform but here is a true definition of FAILURE glaring to the dead n blind.

Have you seen him being dragged ? Some foolish Yorubas when Igbos start dragging your politician continue joining them. The day will come they will help drag your father pant as well.

Make we de drag foolishness with those breeding failures but insulting your own politician that are even trying.
The CBN governor is not an Igbo man.

1 Like

Re: Do Other Countries Print Money As Claimed By Emefiele? (Fact Check) by nomenclature(m): 9:47pm On Apr 17, 2021
Mumu wen no get Shame,"stimulating the economy"is the new word,very soon the economy will will be worst than Somalia, Buhari will keep on stimulating the economy..
Jerryherd:
Obaseki is to dull to rationalise this concept of stimulating the economy
Re: Do Other Countries Print Money As Claimed By Emefiele? (Fact Check) by CodeTemplar: 9:48pm On Apr 17, 2021
thebosstrevor1:
Printing money is not a problem, the problem is what do you print money for?

To spend on building infrastructures so that jobs can be created or to pay salaries.

Obaseki is now a critic because he changed party.....welcome to Nigerian politics 101
Keep shut. Can printing new money increase the available good to be purchases? If no, then shut up.

2 Likes

Re: Do Other Countries Print Money As Claimed By Emefiele? (Fact Check) by Mightyhaiz: 9:50pm On Apr 17, 2021
Exclusive101:

Your mumu no be here..

your lord tinubu was first to agitate for printing of more billions..who knows he must have influenced this decision one way or the other

2 Likes

Re: Do Other Countries Print Money As Claimed By Emefiele? (Fact Check) by Timon4real(m): 9:50pm On Apr 17, 2021
Isn't there a way we convert our naira to equivalent amount of any other currency needed for transactions here and abroad.
Because I'm confused, if I need to carry out a project internationally, I have to borrow even if u have the naira equivalent?

Jerryherd:

International transactions is done in dollars, so if you print naira and you want to buy a plane or a ship from China they won't accept your printed Naira, they would request for dollars, hence the major reason we borrow for projects
Re: Do Other Countries Print Money As Claimed By Emefiele? (Fact Check) by Eskimojar(m): 9:53pm On Apr 17, 2021
[quote author=Exclusive101 post=100885511]Of course Emefie shouldn't be held accountable for Buhari's failure. It is Tinubu Fashola or Osibanjo that can be held accountable according to sick Igbo reasoning.

You are talking in nonsense

2 Likes

Re: Do Other Countries Print Money As Claimed By Emefiele? (Fact Check) by Enceladus(m): 9:54pm On Apr 17, 2021
GeneralPula:
If you watch money heist, you’ll see as dem dey print money for Bank of Spain..

Sure, all countries print money..

My own question be say... Why do government borrow money when theirs money printing machine?

Printed money is normally about only 3% of the total money at anytime. The cost of printing let's say 500 naira is hypothetical around 100 Kobo so the CBN earns 499 naira 900 Kobo. This is sweet money right but inflation is a bitch so there is a law I guess that limit the amount because of inflation and politicians.

1 Like

Re: Do Other Countries Print Money As Claimed By Emefiele? (Fact Check) by Timon4real(m): 9:55pm On Apr 17, 2021
My brother the guy write-up just dey somehow...even Google he can't use to check for before typing.
He should be ashamed of himself by now Sha
favour32:

The CBN governor is not an Igbo man.

1 Like

Re: Do Other Countries Print Money As Claimed By Emefiele? (Fact Check) by nomenclature(m): 9:56pm On Apr 17, 2021
Is that the only right thing america and uk is doing? Why didnt they copy the good governance also? Or just it be when it comes to money only ?
Golan007:

It is right in America, UK even our neighbour Ghana but it is wrong in Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: Do Other Countries Print Money As Claimed By Emefiele? (Fact Check) by Funkybabee(f): 9:59pm On Apr 17, 2021
that CBN governor or what the fu¢k is usele$s

can't they replace him

I can't see his work concerning naira that's not stable and the inflations that's out of control

1 Like

Re: Do Other Countries Print Money As Claimed By Emefiele? (Fact Check) by Jerryherd: 10:01pm On Apr 17, 2021
Timon4real:
Isn't there a way we convert our naira to equivalent amount of any other currency needed for transactions here and abroad.
Because I'm confused, if I need to carry out a project internationally, I have to borrow even if u have the naira equivalent?

No there is no way we can convert Naira to Dollars, all International trade are done with dollars... The only way Nigeria gets Dollars is through Crude oil sales to other countries, or things we export, the dollar we get is saved with CBN in our foreign reserves... And CBN releases it to people who want to travel out as BTA, people who want to import their goods, bearue de change..... Once the Foreign reserves get low, or they are buying our Crude oil a cheap dollars.. then we have dollars scarcity and all imported goods become expensive

6 Likes

Re: Do Other Countries Print Money As Claimed By Emefiele? (Fact Check) by Timon4real(m): 10:03pm On Apr 17, 2021
Hmm, nice..
Thanks man
Jerryherd:

No there is no way we can convert Naira to Dollars, all International trade are done with dollars... The only way Nigeria gets Dollars is through Crude oil sales to other countries, or things we export, the dollar we get is saved with CBN in our foreign reserves... And CBN releases it to people who want to travel out as BTA, people who want to import their goods, bearue de change..... Once the Foreign reserves get low, or they are buying our Crude oil a cheap dollars.. then we have dollars scarcity and all imported goods become expensive

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Do Other Countries Print Money As Claimed By Emefiele? (Fact Check) by GeneralPula: 10:03pm On Apr 17, 2021
Enceladus:

Printed money is normally about only 3% of the total money at anytime. The cost of printing let's say 500 naira is hypothetical around 100 Kobo so the CBN earns 499 naira 900 Kobo. This is sweet money right but inflation is a bitch so there is a law I guess that limit the amount because of inflation and politicians.

Okay bro, thanks!
Re: Do Other Countries Print Money As Claimed By Emefiele? (Fact Check) by GeneralPula: 10:04pm On Apr 17, 2021
Lekan239:
what happened to Zimbabwe and Venezuela will happen to that country.

There would be enough money for everyone, thus price of goods will skyrocket based on more demands, so a toothpick of 10naira can increase in price to 10,000naira

Omo..
Thanks brother
Re: Do Other Countries Print Money As Claimed By Emefiele? (Fact Check) by favour32(m): 10:06pm On Apr 17, 2021
Timon4real:
My brother the guy write-up just dey somehow...even Google he can't use to check for before typing.
He should be ashamed of himself by now Sha
Most people, especially in nairaland, find pleasure to comment on contemporary issues, without verifiable facts.

1 Like

Re: Do Other Countries Print Money As Claimed By Emefiele? (Fact Check) by Nobody: 10:06pm On Apr 17, 2021
these b.astard should continue printing so they can use our BVN's to do the needful... they should load 1 billion naira in every existing account in Nigeria so we can all sit at home and sleep... and when we become hungry we withdraw some cash, boil it or cook it, serve it in a plate and eat itgrin

we don try reach for this country !!!

1 Like

Re: Do Other Countries Print Money As Claimed By Emefiele? (Fact Check) by Nobody: 10:09pm On Apr 17, 2021
THe first page comments shows that most nairalanders are just here to comment. Not to read,understand and learn.

I'm not surprised.

1 Like

Re: Do Other Countries Print Money As Claimed By Emefiele? (Fact Check) by Golan007: 10:11pm On Apr 17, 2021
MansoryMX:

My brother I tire! I don talk tire but if my wife give them any other thing to take to school in the morning, they won’t eat it! It’s really getting on my nerves. What we normally do now is use spaghetti sometimes and chopped it like indomie with carrot, green beans, little seasoning and boiled egg.

Good that you are cutting down on it.

You need to vary their diet.

Moin moin, macaroni, beans, yam pottage with spinach or even ugwu, yam and mackerel stew, eggs, eggy stew...etc.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Anambra Governorship Election Results From Ihiala (Live Updates) / LAWMA Starts Cleaning Up Lagos After Days Of Unrest / What Is Atiku Abubakar's Highest Educational Qualification?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.