Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,745 members, 7,817,056 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:54 AM

Why More International Firms Prefer Ghana To Nigeria - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why More International Firms Prefer Ghana To Nigeria (19379 Views)

Bandit Plays With Lebanese Worker: "Foreign Firms Pay Bandits For Protection" / Photos Of Osinbajo In Ghana To Represent President Buhari At ECOWAS Summit / FG Approves 22 Firms To Takeover Meter Distribution From Discos (names) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why More International Firms Prefer Ghana To Nigeria by mmsen: 12:54pm On Apr 19, 2021
People have been telling Nigeria how to fix her problems for decades. Rather than take on any of the rational suggestions Nigerians would rather bury their heads and pretend not to hear.
Re: Why More International Firms Prefer Ghana To Nigeria by Nobody: 12:57pm On Apr 19, 2021
helinues:
I really don't get the gist about all the news with Nigeria Vs Ghana eish.

Nigeria is not in any competition with Ghana.. Even though we do not share border but they are more closer to Nigeria than Benin and Chad.

In West Africa, After Nigeria is Ghana..

We will always wish Ghana all the best as they have been wishing us from time immemorial

Some people just talk rubbish without even reading the whole script. Nigeria is trash compared to Ghana.
Re: Why More International Firms Prefer Ghana To Nigeria by xelly: 12:59pm On Apr 19, 2021
helinues:

Nigeria is not in any competition with Ghana.. Even though we do not share border but they are more closer to Nigeria than Benin and Chad.

We will always wish Ghana all the best as they have been wishing us from time immemorial

Yes, we are not in any competition but Nigeria economy has been decimated by clueless, lifeless, Nepotistic ineffectual buffon.
Re: Why More International Firms Prefer Ghana To Nigeria by MozB: 1:00pm On Apr 19, 2021
AmazingELixir:
undecided

It is no rocket science nau...which reasonable foreign investor will come to Nigeria at this time except ofcourse the Chinese and the British that thrive on anarchy and dysfunctional systems.
Re: Why More International Firms Prefer Ghana To Nigeria by Fvckyouall: 1:06pm On Apr 19, 2021
Tunasco4u:
Guys please any site to download and watch Mortal kombat before 23rd
hdmp4mania.com

the film fall my hand sha
Re: Why More International Firms Prefer Ghana To Nigeria by Nobody: 1:07pm On Apr 19, 2021
helinues:

You are an unrepentant talkative

You talk soon much

You always talk and talk

You talk enough for 10 women
Re: Why More International Firms Prefer Ghana To Nigeria by kernniejay(m): 1:09pm On Apr 19, 2021
The media has only shown us the truth and the govt of Nigeria should see it as a wake up call.
If you have taken your time to read the article you would have seen the numbers of companies that have left Nigeria as a result of too many reasons among which are epileptic power supply, insecurity, harsh economic policies and decrease in purchasing power of Nigerians. If you are an investor will you invest in a country that is sitting on a time bomb as Nigeria, a country at the verge of another civil war, a country riddled with insurgency and terrorism, a country where you pay tax and have nothing to show for it, a country that supplies electricity to others but live in perpetual darkness, a country blessed with more than enough natural resources but mismanaged by greedy illiterates. As a business man, how will you feel if your customers are gradually shifting their patronage to the next shop? Will you say "market is market either they buy from you or from someone else"?
Let's kiss the truth, Nigeria is gradually going under and if we pretend as if nothing is wrong, generations to come will curse us.

SmartPolician:
The media knows how to create rivalry where one shouldn't exist in the first place.

For me, companies that choose Nigeria over South Africa do so because they want a place where the real market (population) exists. If they need anything besides the market, they go to South Africa. I don't even understand where Ghana comes in.

It's even shocking that many white people don't even know that a country like Nigeria existed. While most of them see Africa as a country, some who care to learn about Africa merely know about South Africa (thanks to Nelson Mandela) and Egypt (thanks to history and modern civilization).

TBH, every multinational company that wishes to extend its footprint to Africa cannot be in Nigeria. The last time I checked, Ghana is also a country on the continent.
Re: Why More International Firms Prefer Ghana To Nigeria by tuna85: 1:10pm On Apr 19, 2021
Penguin2:

You will get the gist when you enthrone reason over sentiment.

Until then, keep playing the ostrich for 30k crumbs.

grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Why More International Firms Prefer Ghana To Nigeria by Cnach: 1:11pm On Apr 19, 2021
helinues:

A hypocritical creature must stand at ur back bc u are second to none.
It go clear u one day
Re: Why More International Firms Prefer Ghana To Nigeria by Skillsnigeria: 1:11pm On Apr 19, 2021

Is Nigeria even a country, northern Nigeria and southern Nigeria are two different countries.northern Nigeria is Somalia,why southern Nigeria is south africa.the two of them can never be in the same country and progress
Re: Why More International Firms Prefer Ghana To Nigeria by rummmy: 1:12pm On Apr 19, 2021
We warned them but they called us 5%.
See how the mighty is falling....
Re: Why More International Firms Prefer Ghana To Nigeria by adelaja70(m): 1:14pm On Apr 19, 2021
TruthHurts1:
I know comprehension doesn't come easily for followers of the dullard, but only a fool would read this article and still conclude that Nigeria is ahead of Ghana economically.

Please tell me how is Ghana ahead of Nigeria? I have been there several times. So i need something new not the bullshit about light and security.. America is not even safe either... Lost two very close family friends due to the insecurity situation.

1 Like

Re: Why More International Firms Prefer Ghana To Nigeria by elvisco10(m): 1:16pm On Apr 19, 2021
Am Nigeria guy.i stay in Germany..i happen to know chairman of a very big medical facilities.,hospitals,drugs production company..i asked him why can't him invest in Nigeria..so i run it for him..he told me. Hw he tried to but Nigeria officials demanded 50keuros for no reason..before moving to Ghana..2003..he has big investments in Ghana now...he said. I can't start a business that we benefit ur pipo.nd i have to pay bribe

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why More International Firms Prefer Ghana To Nigeria by adelaja70(m): 1:17pm On Apr 19, 2021
BetBuilder365:

Some people just talk rubbish without even reading the whole script. Nigeria is trash compared to Ghana.
The only trash is you man...

1 Like

Re: Why More International Firms Prefer Ghana To Nigeria by Solutionchima: 1:21pm On Apr 19, 2021
theophilusj31:
Nigerians and their inferiority complex,Twitter choose Ghana over Nigeria big deal,we will not heat word again

Nigeria must not win all the time,so let us enjoy our Sunday morning in peace
They are telling you that Nigeria has been loosing big in the last decade and the economy nose diving since 2014 and you re talking about winning all the time.
Nigeria is loosing and no sign of recoverly. Mind you in life the greatest asset is HOPE, once you lose it you ve lost everything.

1 Like

Re: Why More International Firms Prefer Ghana To Nigeria by Charly68: 1:23pm On Apr 19, 2021
Let us stop the noise making and fix the country ..the present handlers are lazy and greedy ..
Re: Why More International Firms Prefer Ghana To Nigeria by CocoaOla: 1:24pm On Apr 19, 2021
Naira is more stronger than all this country two years ago

With this set of Demonic opportunist apc and pdp poli-trickers in affairs of the nation's

Nigeria will only get worse

Brace up Nigerians winters is coming

*NIGERIAN NAIRA FAST BECOMING THE WEAKEST CURRENCY IN AFRICA.*...

South Africa: Rand 1= ₦79

Angola: 1Kwanza = ₦12

Botswana: 1Pula = ₦28

Cape Verde: 1Escudo = ₦8

Algeria: 1Dinar = ₦12

Egypt: 1Pound = ₦35

Eritrea: 1Nakata = ₦18

Ethiopia: 1Birr = ₦19

Ghana: 1Cedi
Re: Why More International Firms Prefer Ghana To Nigeria by Joseph08(m): 1:26pm On Apr 19, 2021
You don't have constant power supply and you expect investors to come

More will soon relocate.

Nonsense Contree!

Giant of Africa indeed.

1 Like

Re: Why More International Firms Prefer Ghana To Nigeria by Mcslize: 1:27pm On Apr 19, 2021
Nigeria lack constant power supply. How do you expect a tech company that will run 24/7 to establish its head quarter in a country that can't boost of 10 hours power supply a day?
Re: Why More International Firms Prefer Ghana To Nigeria by Tunasco4u(m): 1:32pm On Apr 19, 2021
Thanks
Fvckyouall:

hdmp4mania.com

the film fall my hand sha
Re: Why More International Firms Prefer Ghana To Nigeria by toxtimmy: 1:40pm On Apr 19, 2021
Man..or if you are a Woman, then Woman...
Nigeria as a country is not better than your shit... Nigeria as a country is useless... The people of current Nigeria may be nice or great people, but the country is shit as a hole.

helinues:

Re: Why More International Firms Prefer Ghana To Nigeria by Truthteller2020: 1:41pm On Apr 19, 2021
chatinent:

Abeg, Nigeria is in competition with Ghana.. or better still, Ghana is the better choice.

Nigeria is only for the names -- an international village.

Yes, I'm Nigerian...beat it.
Shut up.Ghana should compete with Lagos not Nigeria.No fukking good thing in that country,I was there,I know what I"m talking about.To buy car in Ghana will cost you thousands of dollars.Food fukking expensive,and you're here making mouth.Any ghanian that want to quotes me should provide counter proof with facts,or else choose your preffered thurder oo

4 Likes

Re: Why More International Firms Prefer Ghana To Nigeria by Truthteller2020: 1:44pm On Apr 19, 2021
elvisco10:
Am Nigeria guy.i stay in Germany..i happen to know chairman of a very big medical facilities.,hospitals,drugs production company..i asked him why can't him invest in Nigeria..so i run it for him..he told me. Hw he tried to but Nigeria officials demanded 50keuros for no reason..before moving to Ghana..2003..he has big investments in Ghana now...he said. I can't start a business that we benefit ur pipo.nd i have to pay bribe
lol,and Ghana does not take bribe?Do you want me to tell you my encounter with a Ghana police in Accra?

2 Likes

Re: Why More International Firms Prefer Ghana To Nigeria by neyohh: 1:46pm On Apr 19, 2021
Someone7:
Nigeria's giant is just by big, loud mouth. Other countries have a multi year growth strategy and are fast developing while we are quickly regressing.

We literally have illiterates and religious extremists governing Nigeria. What do you expect?

Illiteracy, corruption, misplaced priorities and short sightedness.

I've gone past blaming the leaders, when the citizens are equally rotten

2 Likes

Re: Why More International Firms Prefer Ghana To Nigeria by Nobody: 2:07pm On Apr 19, 2021
neyohh:

Illiteracy, corruption, misplaced priorities and short sightedness.

I've gone past blaming the leaders, when the citizens are equally rotten

Couldn't agree more. Its part of the DNA. Our leaders didn't fall from another planet. They are Nigerians just like everyone else
Re: Why More International Firms Prefer Ghana To Nigeria by Jaapu: 2:08pm On Apr 19, 2021
Frontail:
angry. Our Dialector said Nigeria is a Zoo !

And we carry social media dey celebrate am grin grin grin

Na Animal dey kiss the Feets of human beings na ! ( Eg. Dogs kiss the feet's of there masters ) grin

How do you expect foreign investors to come kiss our feets grin grin grin

Dem be Dogs ni undecided

grin grin grin
Re: Why More International Firms Prefer Ghana To Nigeria by jimmynauty: 2:20pm On Apr 19, 2021
Buhari bodi odor na dead smels

sai wharri ta tabata har buhari
Re: Why More International Firms Prefer Ghana To Nigeria by Mcreloaded(m): 2:33pm On Apr 19, 2021
Only a foolish company will come to Nigeria.
Me a citizen will not invest in this country.
Imagine I drive from Benin city to Delta state for business every working day only for me to cross cross bad roads and idiotic soldiers with check point every 5 to 10 minutes apart with huge logs of wood on the road thereby causing un necessary traffic and not to talk of the damage to my car.

Seeing this every day and going through hell as the roads are seriously bad with the untold hardship, people will wonder why investors are running away.

Northerners make una continue to dey hold all the offices for Nigeria with una quota system.

Not be curse but na fact say this country no go ever fit better if square pegs are not put in square holes ASAP.
Re: Why More International Firms Prefer Ghana To Nigeria by chatinent: 2:59pm On Apr 19, 2021
Kokaine:

can you write proposals too

Yes, please send a message: 08121443666
Re: Why More International Firms Prefer Ghana To Nigeria by Oju4190: 3:08pm On Apr 19, 2021
Una dey talk of Twitter.....wat about Dangote wen dey carry our cement go Ghana kpa kpa
Re: Why More International Firms Prefer Ghana To Nigeria by Ashirioluwa: 3:11pm On Apr 19, 2021
Blame everything on

- Bad leaders
- Kidnappers
- Terrorists

People abroad read news online about Nigeria everyday. Nobody wants to live or invest in a country where kidnapping is a daily activity.

Terrorists and kidnappers have taken over the country.

This is a country where terrorists get amnesty

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Suspected Ambazonia Fighters Sack Manga Taraba, 5 Killed, Many Missing / Malami: It’s Long I Heard About Attacks In Markets, Worship Places / Peller To Atiku: Only An Enemy Of Nigeria Will Want Power To Remain In The North

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.