Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,634 members, 7,955,313 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 10:19 PM

Currency Printing: APC Governors Knock Obaseki, PDP Governors Fire Back - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Currency Printing: APC Governors Knock Obaseki, PDP Governors Fire Back (23023 Views)

Obaseki: PDP Does Not Belong To Wike / Photos From Buhari’s Meeting With PDP Governors In Aso Rock / Dino Melaye Joins Atiku & PDP Governors At PDP Meeting In Abuja (Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Currency Printing: APC Governors Knock Obaseki, PDP Governors Fire Back by Pharaoh4rin(m): 2:35pm On Apr 18, 2021
SLAP44:
Who really paid APC to destroy Nigeria?

I doubt if this contraption will survive APC misrule.

You and I pay them thru our vote. So don't ask this kind of blind question again!
Re: Currency Printing: APC Governors Knock Obaseki, PDP Governors Fire Back by Yusufisraelj(m): 2:51pm On Apr 18, 2021
SLAP44:
Who really paid APC to destroy Nigeria?

I doubt if this contraption will survive APC misrule.

Reading both sides of the story and looking at economic activities I can't help but agree with PDP on this matter.

I've always said the economic approach of Buhari is not very strategic, this not me criticising, it's just the way it is. He has good plans but poor implementation.
Re: Currency Printing: APC Governors Knock Obaseki, PDP Governors Fire Back by maasoap(m): 3:13pm On Apr 18, 2021
“Not only have we received budget support, bail out support to meet salary obligations and infrastructure refunds to all states, this was implemented in the overall public interest without discrimination on the basis of party affiliation. This is why it’s unfortunate and disingenuous to allege preferential treatment of APC states when PDP governed states are even greater beneficiaries of all the support,” said the PGF.

I don't even know what Obaseki stands to gain in this sensational statement! Very low of him.
Re: Currency Printing: APC Governors Knock Obaseki, PDP Governors Fire Back by maasoap(m): 3:18pm On Apr 18, 2021
SmartPolician:
APC governors should keep deceiving themselves; even the CBN governor couldn't deny the claims. Everything is politics.

Godwin Emefiele was busy talking about governors defaulting on loans when the media asked him if they printed new currencies.

And by the time he realises that his next allocation from the FG won't even pay his state workers, he will learn how not to raise dust unnecessarily. Attention seekers!
Re: Currency Printing: APC Governors Knock Obaseki, PDP Governors Fire Back by Williampisces: 3:20pm On Apr 18, 2021
Mynd44:
Now that Obaseki has jam talk, the CBN has decided to call back the loans it borrowed states in form of bailouts.

Hello

1 Like

Re: Currency Printing: APC Governors Knock Obaseki, PDP Governors Fire Back by Isobug: 3:20pm On Apr 18, 2021
PAWG:

So where’s this money that was printed cos I’ve not seen any new bank notes
Hmmm
Re: Currency Printing: APC Governors Knock Obaseki, PDP Governors Fire Back by maasoap(m): 3:21pm On Apr 18, 2021
festacman:
A lot of critical steps are daily taken by CBN to help Federal and State governments manage the economy through creative monetary policies. That's it's job as it is with it's peers all over the world. CREATION of money by Central Bank, Federal Reserve or National Bank is a global practice which many developed and developing countries have adopted at critical times.

Gov. Godwin Obaseki was just being MISCHIEVOUS BUSYBODY in saying what he said. He was given the printed money, he collected. If he is so patriotic, why didn't he reject the money? By the way, it is not the sole responsibility of FG to improve the economy. What are the 36 governors doing to improve economy? What has Obaseki done to improve Edo State economy since becoming governor?

Gov. Obaseki frittered billions of Naira he should have used to improve Edo State economy to improve the pockets of few members of PDP hierarchy to buy PDP ticket. He should just focus on using his FAAC allocation judiciously for Edo people and allow CBN do its work.

Imagine the loud mouthed governor causing panic over the money that couldn't be more than 1 billion naira per state when he actually paid 6 billion naira to rent collectors in PDP to hijack the governorship ticket!
Re: Currency Printing: APC Governors Knock Obaseki, PDP Governors Fire Back by maasoap(m): 3:24pm On Apr 18, 2021
Mikehot:
Your position is already clear to all, no need sugar coating it my Yoruba Muslim friend

Any Yoruba man who happened to be a Muslim like me should be proud of himself.
Re: Currency Printing: APC Governors Knock Obaseki, PDP Governors Fire Back by maasoap(m): 3:31pm On Apr 18, 2021
Esseite:

"Jam talk"... really!!, if we knew the consequences of these actions, we would thank Obaseki.

Lol. Consequences of what, Mr Economist? Like money were not being printed from time to time everywhere in the world? Some of you might even believe that the currencies you held this morning were not printed. Do you guys even know the cost of printing money and the process involved? And we're crying over 60 billion naira in an economy with GDP of over 400 billion dollars just because one morron chose to be sensational about it
Re: Currency Printing: APC Governors Knock Obaseki, PDP Governors Fire Back by maasoap(m): 3:34pm On Apr 18, 2021
Adjovi:
Anyone that still supports APC is an enemy of Nigeria no two ways about it.

Well, for 16 years, I didn't know I could enter fuel station and get the fuel without spending days or hours until APC came on board.
Re: Currency Printing: APC Governors Knock Obaseki, PDP Governors Fire Back by maasoap(m): 3:37pm On Apr 18, 2021
HRMK:
this is the point:am sure other pdp govs knew abt it.why were they all silent till obaseki revealed all? obviously,he wanted extra money to be printed for the edo sports hence the blackmail!

That could be it. May be he wanted the lion share considering the fact that he had been crying about National Sport Festival for quite some time
Re: Currency Printing: APC Governors Knock Obaseki, PDP Governors Fire Back by Kingspin(m): 3:41pm On Apr 18, 2021
Children politics
Re: Currency Printing: APC Governors Knock Obaseki, PDP Governors Fire Back by obinna4Jesus(m): 4:53pm On Apr 18, 2021
Here are the top 4 reasons why Affiliate marketing is booming in Nigeria.

1. - Affiliate marketing is very easy to start
Unlike most online or offline business where you are required to pay a heavy rent yearly and buy lots of goods to sell, Affiliate Marketing only needs you to have a mobile phone and an internet connection to start.

2 - No formal education is required.

You don't have to be an expert at anything to become an Affiliate Marketer, in fact, it is just perfect for beginners who know close to nothing about selling and also have nothing at all to sell online...

3. Basically, just know how to type "How to make money online" using Google and you are good to go.

4. 4 - Affiliate marketing is Scalable.

When you have earned enough money, you can start to use your money to earn more money. You can run ads to drive more traffic, hire a ghostwriter to write contents for you, or even hire people to manage your business.

Interested? WhatsApp me on 08034760680
Re: Currency Printing: APC Governors Knock Obaseki, PDP Governors Fire Back by Adjovi: 4:56pm On Apr 18, 2021
maasoap:

Well, for 16 years, I didn't know I could enter fuel station and get the fuel without spending days or hours until APC came on board.

So because you are not queuing to get fuel APC has done well? This kind of reasoning right here is why people like you keep electing bad people. You refuse to say the truth. Anyways I'm not a supporter of PDP nor APC I'm an advocate for good governance and as a result every bad move by any government should be criticized.
Re: Currency Printing: APC Governors Knock Obaseki, PDP Governors Fire Back by ScamHunter: 5:01pm On Apr 18, 2021
Jerryherd:
cool

Obaseki has low IQ,

The term printing money used by CBN doesn't mean paper currency minting....

What most Appex banks do accross the world is the give out fiat money

Crude Oil couldn't sell well due to covid 19 lockdown, FAAC is low, States has to pay salary and contractors.. without payment, traders and business owners won't get customers and cash won't flow

Emefiele gave a bail out with fiat money, crediting State Government Account with Money without necessarily printing real money, this is a way to stimulate the economy in this trying times yet Obaseki was throwing tantrums

And you think you're educated?
Re: Currency Printing: APC Governors Knock Obaseki, PDP Governors Fire Back by nkwoemeka(m): 5:04pm On Apr 18, 2021
Idi Amin of Ugandan system is also applicable here I laugh in Latin
Re: Currency Printing: APC Governors Knock Obaseki, PDP Governors Fire Back by juman(m): 5:11pm On Apr 18, 2021
Corona time is difficult for all countries.
Re: Currency Printing: APC Governors Knock Obaseki, PDP Governors Fire Back by Nobody: 5:23pm On Apr 18, 2021
RichDad1:
Hypocritical loud mouthed Obaseki and his fellow PDPipgs are just being silly.
Why can’t they rejected the money when it was being disbursed to them ?
Someone gave you money, you said it’s stolen and you never returned it. undecided undecided
you are dunce!
Re: Currency Printing: APC Governors Knock Obaseki, PDP Governors Fire Back by Khorlly969(m): 6:07pm On Apr 18, 2021
You deserve to earn a good side income

Sometimes you feel so frustrated because you know you can work smarter and stop wasting your time trying to figure out complicated stuff. But complicated is fun isn’t it?

This course will walk you through step-by-step on how to become an affiliate marketing kingpin, even if you don’t have any prior experience. It makes it easy for anyone to learn affiliate marketing. There’s nothing better than that!  This is the best video series course for affiliate marketing out there

To learn more click here

https:///32oCpj5

obinna4Jesus:
Here are the top 4 reasons why Affiliate marketing is booming in Nigeria.

1. - Affiliate marketing is very easy to start
Unlike most online or offline business where you are required to pay a heavy rent yearly and buy lots of goods to sell, Affiliate Marketing only needs you to have a mobile phone and an internet connection to start.

2 - No formal education is required.

You don't have to be an expert at anything to become an Affiliate Marketer, in fact, it is just perfect for beginners who know close to nothing about selling and also have nothing at all to sell online...

3. Basically, just know how to type "How to make money online" using Google and you are good to go.

4. 4 - Affiliate marketing is Scalable.

When you have earned enough money, you can start to use your money to earn more money. You can run ads to drive more traffic, hire a ghostwriter to write contents for you, or even hire people to manage your business.

Interested? WhatsApp me on 08034760680
Re: Currency Printing: APC Governors Knock Obaseki, PDP Governors Fire Back by Nobody: 6:14pm On Apr 18, 2021
maasoap:

Any Yoruba man who happened to be a Muslim like me should be proud of himself.
Only quote me when you can sight Ramadan moon

Until then you are only tools for fulanis yet considered inferior to them
Re: Currency Printing: APC Governors Knock Obaseki, PDP Governors Fire Back by plaindealer: 6:15pm On Apr 18, 2021
grin grin grin

Re: Currency Printing: APC Governors Knock Obaseki, PDP Governors Fire Back by plaindealer: 6:17pm On Apr 18, 2021
Everybody dey talk PDP too dey carriey shoulder..

Useless Clowns.
Re: Currency Printing: APC Governors Knock Obaseki, PDP Governors Fire Back by ZendayaColeman(f): 8:21pm On Apr 18, 2021
Jerryherd:
cool

Obaseki has low IQ,

The term printing money used by CBN doesn't mean paper currency minting....

What most Appex banks do accross the world is the give out fiat money

Crude Oil couldn't sell well due to covid 19 lockdown, FAAC is low, States has to pay salary and contractors.. without payment, traders and business owners won't get customers and cash won't flow

Emefiele gave a bail out with fiat money, crediting State Government Account with Money without necessarily printing real money, this is a way to stimulate the economy in this trying times yet Obaseki was throwing tantrums

TRASH
Re: Currency Printing: APC Governors Knock Obaseki, PDP Governors Fire Back by maasoap(m): 9:50pm On Apr 18, 2021
Mikehot:
Only quote me when you can sight Ramadan moon

Until then you are only tools for fulanis yet considered inferior to them

My problem, your headache
Re: Currency Printing: APC Governors Knock Obaseki, PDP Governors Fire Back by maasoap(m): 9:53pm On Apr 18, 2021
Adjovi:

So because you are not queuing to get fuel APC has done well? This kind of reasoning right here is why people like you keep electing bad people. You refuse to say the truth. Anyways I'm not a supporter of PDP nor APC I'm an advocate for good governance and as a result every bad move by any government should be criticized.

At least, I was able to shape your perspective a little bit.
Re: Currency Printing: APC Governors Knock Obaseki, PDP Governors Fire Back by Adjovi: 11:11pm On Apr 18, 2021
maasoap:

At least, I was able to shape your perspective a little bit.

From what you wrote shows you prefer APC to PDP so what perspective are u shaping?
Re: Currency Printing: APC Governors Knock Obaseki, PDP Governors Fire Back by HRMK: 1:28am On Apr 19, 2021
maasoap:

That could be it. May be he wanted the lion share considering the fact that he had been crying about National Sport Festival for quite some time
obaseki knew fg printed new notes to settle monthly allocations.he also blvd its wrong to do so but went further to collect his with other govs!he evn forced fg to print extra money again for the edo sports!do we then say,he too is free from blame?HE IS ONE OF THOSE THAT RUINED THE ECONOMY BY TURNING NIGERIAN NAIRA TO ORDINARY COUPON!TOO BAD!!

1 Like

Re: Currency Printing: APC Governors Knock Obaseki, PDP Governors Fire Back by grandstar(m): 3:28am On Apr 19, 2021
With the recent spike in the prices of goods and services, Obaseki's statement may be true. Also, the 480 to a dollar rate is finally determining the price of things.

I'm sure more than 70% of the budget goes on servicing debt so no money left for other things.

The government has repeatedly said that the government debt is sustainable that it only accounts for 22 % of GDP when compared to other countries like America which is over 100%.

This is hogwash. First, America's borrowing cost is around 2% while Nigeria's over 10%, so less burdensome to service.

Also, America tax collection equates to over 30% of GDP while Nigeria's barely 6%.,one of the lowest rates in the world.

If OBJ had been fiscally irresponsible like this government, how would he have brought the public debt to less than 12% of GDP? He left $20billion in the excess crude oil accounts.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Currency Printing: APC Governors Knock Obaseki, PDP Governors Fire Back by ItswellMike: 6:43am On Apr 19, 2021
RichDad1:
Hypocritical loud mouthed Obaseki and his fellow PDPipgs are just being silly.
Why can’t they rejected the money when it was being disbursed to them ?
Someone gave you money, you said it’s stolen and you never returned it. undecided undecided
See ur life

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Journalists Barred As APC Screens Tinubu, Amaechi, Others / Atiku Pays A Courtesy Visit On The Emir Of Zazzau (Pictures) / Buhari Furious, Summons NDDC Mgt Over Contract-splitting

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.