Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,414 members, 7,822,933 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 07:42 PM

GUNMEN: Police Abandon Road Blocks In South East, Because Of Unknown Gunmen. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / GUNMEN: Police Abandon Road Blocks In South East, Because Of Unknown Gunmen. (1591 Views)

Ban On Beef Stands In South-east Because Herdsmen Have Sex With Cows – IPOB Repl / CP Dismantles Road Blocks On Lagos-badagry Expressway / Lagos Residents Cry Out As Contractor Abandon Road Projects (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

GUNMEN: Police Abandon Road Blocks In South East, Because Of Unknown Gunmen. by Gjrich(m): 11:16am On Apr 18, 2021
The insecurity state of South East Nigeria is becoming second to none, since the unknown gunmen lunched attacks on police head quarters in lmo, freeing all the prisoners and coupled with continous burning of police stations, and killing of men in uniform by the group tagged unknown gunmen.

The incident has made all police checking points disappears without notice to the members of the public, who they were posted to protect. But should it be that they deserted the road blocks for the fear of unknown, many people believes that police are at the points only to extort money from the motorists and not to protect anyone, since they always took to their heels at the sound of any unknown gun shot.

It should be recalled that the Biafran apologist Nnamdi kanu, has giving police, Army and other security agencies parading themselves on the roads and checking points at South East to disappear at expiration of 30 days notice, which has already expired, saying that they are in the East only to enslave, extort money, killing and maiming his people as a conquered territory.

Coincidentally, at the end of the 30 days it has become hot for the security agencies in the zone for some time now, this has led to the many security agencies living in danger. The police therefore has deserted their normal business shops as usual where they collect Roger from the populace instead of protecting them. Many who lived in the North have explained that the North is free from the police and military invasion at checking points in the name of security points.

The police stations are also deserted, many officers doesn't go to work again, many of them doesn't walk alone on the roads on uniforms for the fear of unknown gunmen. In Ebonyi State it was reported that three police officers were killed three days ago, on Wednesday, 13th April 2021, after unknown gunmen who disguised themselves as either mourners or something else opened fire on the men of the Nigeria police force, killing three. While traveling from Abia to Anambra State, there was no presence of police men on the highway. It's also reported that from Abia to Enugu State it's the same etc.

The lG of police has ordered his men to vacate the highways in different occasions, but these orders were always obeyed only few days, and they'll return to the roads. It's unclear whether the police is going to come back soon on the highways, as gunmen continues to cause havock.

What should we do In a situation like this, many believed that the war against the State has just began at South East, after so many years of tears and bad experience from the men in uniform. The FG shouldn't keep pretending that all is well, when there's silence Cold War going on in the country, between the State and it's citizens.

Many are loosing faith in the union called Nigeria, day by day, as it seems like the State in complecant, knowing not what to do at a time that needed urqent proactive measures.

What stops the president from security meetings of all State actors, zones and geographical locations on a round table meeting, to discuss Nigeria out of possible disintegration and 2nd civil war on the making. Are the leaders blind or confused?.

It's peoples sons, father, husband that are being killed on daily basis. Most of the informed men are good ones and many of them are being killed for what they don't know, if the Government can't do anything about this, it's either they resign or stop working for now until Government seats up and do the needful, who so ever died in this season will have himself to blame, since the prime State actors are untouchable by the unknown gunmen, because of their fortification.

Nnamdi kanu has time without number warned the security operatives in the South East to leave the zone or face dangerous consequences, citing grand plans to silence, take over the East and Wipeout the lgbos by the Fulanis Hersmen through the aid of security agents. And some of this predictions have come to pass after the Ebonyi massacre, where security agents masterminded the killings and as of today nobody has been apprehended about the ugly incident.

Should we say that Nigeria is now a free world or a banana republic, where anything goes and nobody is held responsible or punished. What's your take on this article, should we say that the police desertion of their Posts is good for the South East, Who are they afraid of, is it the fear of Nnamdi kanu 30 days expiration notice, or are they afraid of the unknown gunmen.

Re: GUNMEN: Police Abandon Road Blocks In South East, Because Of Unknown Gunmen. by jen4r: 11:22am On Apr 18, 2021
good for them cheesy

1 Like

Re: GUNMEN: Police Abandon Road Blocks In South East, Because Of Unknown Gunmen. by athaboi(f): 11:33am On Apr 18, 2021
South East use to be their market...they are all thieves, both the police and the unknown gunmen

7 Likes

Re: GUNMEN: Police Abandon Road Blocks In South East, Because Of Unknown Gunmen. by nero2face: 11:39am On Apr 18, 2021
B4 now security personnel bribes to be posted to the SE, they cash out big extorting innocent commuters, we don't depend on them for providing security and that's why most streets has civilian security(vigilantes), for the police we pay for everything we do, from bike to keke and vehicles, even if u dey waka ur still a suspect and if u reach station u must pay...God will punish them the more

12 Likes

Re: GUNMEN: Police Abandon Road Blocks In South East, Because Of Unknown Gunmen. by Rodwave: 11:39am On Apr 18, 2021
Police criminals. Mtcheeeew

4 Likes

Re: GUNMEN: Police Abandon Road Blocks In South East, Because Of Unknown Gunmen. by Rugaria: 11:42am On Apr 18, 2021
They have disappeared.. Seriously!
It's unbelievable how things change easily in this country only when you apply solid force..
From Asaba to Imo state, no single roadblock.... Before, about 2 dozens!
These were roadblocks that have been there since 1970!
No more roadblocks.. Even where there are, the officers hide far from the checkpoints, never disturbing traffic!

In Nigeria, things change only when you shoot the guns!

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: GUNMEN: Police Abandon Road Blocks In South East, Because Of Unknown Gunmen. by EasternActivist: 11:55am On Apr 18, 2021
Honestly we feel safe driving around southeast without the corrupt forces.

Driving can't be more peaceful smiley

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: GUNMEN: Police Abandon Road Blocks In South East, Because Of Unknown Gunmen. by edochie12: 12:10pm On Apr 18, 2021
We are free in the east now,no more check points.

2 Likes

Re: GUNMEN: Police Abandon Road Blocks In South East, Because Of Unknown Gunmen. by ifytrik(m): 12:15pm On Apr 18, 2021
gringrin

1 Like

Re: GUNMEN: Police Abandon Road Blocks In South East, Because Of Unknown Gunmen. by SLAP44: 12:21pm On Apr 18, 2021
Good riddance to bad rubbish.

3 Likes

Re: GUNMEN: Police Abandon Road Blocks In South East, Because Of Unknown Gunmen. by Isobug: 12:37pm On Apr 18, 2021
Good for them, Extortionists.....But there are still road block shaa. Enugu portharcourt Express way
Re: GUNMEN: Police Abandon Road Blocks In South East, Because Of Unknown Gunmen. by Firstorderwizard(m): 12:41pm On Apr 18, 2021
East is now the safest region in the country no jokes. I left Owerri to Enugu around 9: 30 Pm on Thursday. No checkpoints, no fears .
ESN is doing a good job no doubt.

13 Likes

Re: GUNMEN: Police Abandon Road Blocks In South East, Because Of Unknown Gunmen. by punisha: 2:07pm On Apr 18, 2021
The dance of the surugede cannot be danced by all...they have been dealt a blow they will never recover from.

The people they victimized had no idea of what they can do.
Now they do!

2 Likes

Re: GUNMEN: Police Abandon Road Blocks In South East, Because Of Unknown Gunmen. by OfoIgbo: 2:18pm On Apr 18, 2021
A month ago I was in Igboland. I traveled from Awka to Nnewi area and there was no single roadblock.

The only place I saw two policemen was in a major traffic junction within Awka, and they were the most gracious police men I've ever seen. They were helping to keep the traffic moving, and were the most polite police officers ever in Nigeria. It was clear they were in their best behavior in order not to attract the fury of the people.

Truly in Nigeria, things work once the authorities know you have a gun and can shoot back. What a real pity

8 Likes

Re: GUNMEN: Police Abandon Road Blocks In South East, Because Of Unknown Gunmen. by mytime24(f): 5:29pm On Apr 18, 2021
d fear of unknown gunmen is d beginning of live and let live
Re: GUNMEN: Police Abandon Road Blocks In South East, Because Of Unknown Gunmen. by Onyenna(m): 5:35pm On Apr 18, 2021
OfoIgbo:
A month ago I was in Igboland. I traveled from Awka to Nnewi area and there was no single roadblock.

The only place I saw two policemen was in a major traffic junction within Awka, and they were the most gracious police men I've ever seen. They were helping to keep the traffic moving, and were the most polite police officers ever in Nigeria. It was clear they were in their best behavior in order not to attract the fury of the people.

Truly in Nigeria, things work once the authorities know you have a gun and can shoot back. What a real pity

I experienced same thing in Imo state..... The policemen were so well mannered that i wondered if i was missing something..... So well behaved and coordinated..... E shock me!!
Re: GUNMEN: Police Abandon Road Blocks In South East, Because Of Unknown Gunmen. by RobbStark(m): 6:14pm On Apr 18, 2021
It is a known fact that major robberies n kidnappings are carried out by these rogue men in uniform with govt licensed gun.

I travelled from Ph to Ibaa, a town in Emohua LGA and believe me I didn't see a single man in black till I got to my destination.

And there is this peace of mind one has knowing you won't be stopped by police any how in the name of check point.

Someone once asked, what are they even checking??

Like someone said earlier, the men in black or any uniform gets scared the moment the civilians pick up guns

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

The Spiritual Energy In Nigeria On The Day Attahiru Ibrahims Plane Crashed / Killi We Nwachukwu: The Story Of An Igbo Superman. / 2023 Presidential Election: Straight Fight Between Tinubu And Atiku

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.