Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,640 members, 7,823,818 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 04:00 PM

UEFA Releases Statement About Breakaway European Super League - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / UEFA Releases Statement About Breakaway European Super League (45418 Views)

Super League Is Back On As Court Rules UEFA Cannot Sanction Clubs Involved / Super League: EPL Set To Hold Meeting; Six Breakaway Clubs Not Invited / How The New European Super League Will Work (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UEFA Releases Statement About Breakaway European Super League by Adakintroy: 6:16pm On Apr 18, 2021
Let the f.a or European Union not make noise jor.

Am not in support or in support.

But clubs are not formed by the f.a and run by them. They simply participate in their formative leagues.

They are independent and autonomous.

If they which to act out an idea independently then they allowed to. Again they are independent entities. You can't constrain them within only a particular sphere to act.

9 Likes

Re: UEFA Releases Statement About Breakaway European Super League by bmdmix3: 6:17pm On Apr 18, 2021
theoneJabulani:
Looks like it's happening
just six nah greed go make dem loose everything
Re: UEFA Releases Statement About Breakaway European Super League by ransomed: 6:18pm On Apr 18, 2021
UEFA pockets most of the revenue and clubs are given stipend.
Create your own and share the revenue on agreed basis.
Just watching and waiting.

11 Likes

Re: UEFA Releases Statement About Breakaway European Super League by naptu2: 6:19pm On Apr 18, 2021
This is not the first time that this idea is being proposed. There was a similar idea in the 1990s and it forced UEFA to expand the Champions League in order to placate the clubs.

5 Likes

Re: UEFA Releases Statement About Breakaway European Super League by Seniorwriter(m): 6:19pm On Apr 18, 2021
Ezmans:
what is e- sports?

Google is a friendly explainer (USER FRIENDLY).

@Seniorwriter
Re: UEFA Releases Statement About Breakaway European Super League by DAramis: 6:21pm On Apr 18, 2021
One word,

it is all about GREED.
Re: UEFA Releases Statement About Breakaway European Super League by Numerouno94(m): 6:23pm On Apr 18, 2021
Wat is Arsenal tinkin?. Do they actually tink they stand a chance in such a league?..Wen una neva fit win Fulham. gringrin

7 Likes

Re: UEFA Releases Statement About Breakaway European Super League by Dpaulie(m): 6:27pm On Apr 18, 2021
What's super about Arsenal

3 Likes

Re: UEFA Releases Statement About Breakaway European Super League by 27Pushing30: 6:29pm On Apr 18, 2021
BabaIbo:
All I see is fear of losing(reduced) relevance and views from(on) the part of UEFA and Co.

If they(the clubs) truly want to proceed with the project, nothing can stop them not even FIFA's threat etc.

Azzin very laughable bro...

UEFA’s fear is not even the immediate aftermath but the future.

I.e such a situation would mean other “top” clubs would “eventually” want to be a part of that league and before you know it a European super league 2 (2nd division) will emerge thus destroying “domestic” football as we presently know it.

But all in all it’s just inevitable ... football will evolve.

And if you ban an Mbappe , rashford etc from the World Cup then Abeg who go come watch word cup?

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: UEFA Releases Statement About Breakaway European Super League by oneTIMEman(m): 6:30pm On Apr 18, 2021
Uefa don wanna lose customer

1 Like

Re: UEFA Releases Statement About Breakaway European Super League by elpochas: 6:30pm On Apr 18, 2021
What is Arsenal looking for in the super league,or is Arsenal a super club?

6 Likes

Re: UEFA Releases Statement About Breakaway European Super League by Wickedfacts: 6:31pm On Apr 18, 2021
izzy4shizzy:
The whole thing would not work in the end

As if na them be the Biafra of football

My brother, it will work like mad. The new league will ruin Champions league.

3 Likes

Re: UEFA Releases Statement About Breakaway European Super League by iampeterben(m): 6:33pm On Apr 18, 2021
You see this club called Arsenal would be the champion of this course. Ask me why? Cos they know they can never play in UEFA champions league again.

7 Likes

Re: UEFA Releases Statement About Breakaway European Super League by tishbite41(m): 6:34pm On Apr 18, 2021
adonnie:
let them conduct referendum na.

True talk
Re: UEFA Releases Statement About Breakaway European Super League by GeneralPula: 6:36pm On Apr 18, 2021
mogbeyiteren:
Are dey scared of competition?

Why shouldn’t they bro?
Competition kills business!

Nike did the same thing recently..
Facebook & Twitter have been doing the same to any social app that wanna compete..

That’s why I smile whenever I see people hating on Dangote over him not wanting BUA to launch their own Sugar business..

Any sane business man around the world will avoid anything competition..

In business, there’s nothing like a good or bad business man - it’s only a surviving business man or perished business man cuz if you don’t grow your business, it will die! Avoiding competition is one of the major ways by which business get to grow!

So UEFA will do anything to avoid any competition!

5 Likes

Re: UEFA Releases Statement About Breakaway European Super League by wallarwallar(m): 6:37pm On Apr 18, 2021
[quote author=BabaIbo post=100908059]All I see is fear of losing(reduced) relevance and views from(on) the part of UEFA and Co.

If they(the clubs) truly want to proceed with the project, nothing can stop them not even

U must be below 20.. There is a rule guilding everything in dis world .. Dis is nt Naija matter so stop using ur Naija mentality
Re: UEFA Releases Statement About Breakaway European Super League by Cutie09(m): 6:38pm On Apr 18, 2021
Starcrest1:
It's not by creating new league. It's about who's gonna watch them. Some people be trying hard to self destruct.

It is greed they want the money to themselves the rich getting richer. Where is the fans here pure greed
Re: UEFA Releases Statement About Breakaway European Super League by wallarwallar(m): 6:39pm On Apr 18, 2021
U must be below 20.. There is a rule guilding everything in dis world .. Dis is nt Naija matter so stop using ur Naija mentality
Re: UEFA Releases Statement About Breakaway European Super League by tishbite41(m): 6:40pm On Apr 18, 2021
[quote author=AmazingELixir post=100908424] grin

The wordings of this UEFA release sounds like what a typical APC spokes person will issue as a communique. [/quote

Oga, you wan kee me with laff.

Maybe na Lai Mohammed or Yekini Nabena draft

2 Likes

Re: UEFA Releases Statement About Breakaway European Super League by pode(m): 6:40pm On Apr 18, 2021
The thing funny to me oh, lekwe arsenal, them wan pass back door win cup Hahahahaha

2 Likes

Re: UEFA Releases Statement About Breakaway European Super League by Abdulmumin412(m): 6:43pm On Apr 18, 2021
I think all Biafrans should support this, the idiology is the same and is independent.Arsenal are not really happy for their lack of UCL trophy, u will know this by the comment of their few fans here supporting the new leaque.

1 Like

Re: UEFA Releases Statement About Breakaway European Super League by captainamiedi1: 6:49pm On Apr 18, 2021
Super league idea seems cool. U have the liberty to watch man utd vs real madrid. You can watch big clubs lock horns with each other weekly. The fans are the main people here. Do the fans want it or not?

4 Likes

Re: UEFA Releases Statement About Breakaway European Super League by prigoz(m): 6:50pm On Apr 18, 2021
I got that it was only in Naija that breakaway is about to happen, FIFA should call these club to a round table discussion and not threatening them because it will be worst, imagine champions league without English, spain and Italian teams.

2 Likes

Re: UEFA Releases Statement About Breakaway European Super League by backtalkG(m): 6:51pm On Apr 18, 2021
the UEFA emblem looks like Bayern Munich batch grin
Re: UEFA Releases Statement About Breakaway European Super League by BuddhaPalm(m): 6:52pm On Apr 18, 2021
Yemi4real3:
I couldn't understand the summary someone should help translate to Spanish language thanks

You know how the English Premier League is, with weekly games between only English clubs...

They want the European Super League to be weekly games among top European clubs.

So you won't have to wait 5 years for Chelsea to play Barcelona, in the Champions League. Instead, you'll get that twice per season for participating teams.

6 Likes

Re: UEFA Releases Statement About Breakaway European Super League by BuddhaPalm(m): 6:54pm On Apr 18, 2021
captainamiedi1:
Super league idea seems cool. U have the liberty to watch man utd vs real madrid. You can watch big clubs lock horns with each other weekly. The fans are the main people here. Do the fans want it or not?

Over-circulation makes the price go down.

If this becomes popular, it will be at the expense of the Champions League.

2 Likes

Re: UEFA Releases Statement About Breakaway European Super League by adolfHitler1934: 6:57pm On Apr 18, 2021
Since Buhari went to London it has been bad news upon bad news.

Stupid Man.

2 Likes

Re: UEFA Releases Statement About Breakaway European Super League by uunwanaobong3: 6:57pm On Apr 18, 2021
I KNOW THAT MY BELOVED CLUB MANCITY IS TOO DECENT TO ENDORSE THIS CRAB,

MANCITY CAN NEVER BE PART OF THIS NONSENSE..... IT WILL ALWAYS BE THE 4 LEADING JUDAS; LIVERPOOL, MAN UTD, ARSENAL AND CHELSEA

1 Like

Re: UEFA Releases Statement About Breakaway European Super League by blazepascal(m): 6:58pm On Apr 18, 2021
its just rumour its not true
Re: UEFA Releases Statement About Breakaway European Super League by Clementoke(m): 6:59pm On Apr 18, 2021
uunwanaobong3:
I KNOW THAT MY BELOVED CLUB MANCITY IS TOO DECENT TO ENDORSE THIS CRAB,

MANCITY CAN NEVER BE PART OF THIS NONSENSE..... IT WILL ALWAYS BE THE 4 LEADING JUDAS; LIVERPOOL, MAN UTD, ARSENAL AND CHELSEA

Mancity dey there bros.... Who are the six big English clubs again?.

3 Likes

Re: UEFA Releases Statement About Breakaway European Super League by EMMY76: 7:01pm On Apr 18, 2021
Football pundits might be behind this new super league.
Re: UEFA Releases Statement About Breakaway European Super League by observanc1: 7:07pm On Apr 18, 2021
Tetehjewels:
Arsenal has joined the league of Agberos. So Arsenal in their quest to win a trophy by fire by force want to do so illegally through cessation? grin grin
so na only arsenal u see for the list

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Manchester United Vs Liverpool (3 - 2) On 24th January 2021 / Fans At Paris Airport Waiting For Messi To Arrive (Videos & Pictures) / Tottenham Hotspur Vs Manchester United (0 - 1) On 13th January 2019

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.