Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,181 members, 7,818,567 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:59 PM

UEFA Releases Statement About Breakaway European Super League - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / UEFA Releases Statement About Breakaway European Super League (45405 Views)

Super League Is Back On As Court Rules UEFA Cannot Sanction Clubs Involved / Super League: EPL Set To Hold Meeting; Six Breakaway Clubs Not Invited / How The New European Super League Will Work (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UEFA Releases Statement About Breakaway European Super League by brandmix: 9:27pm On Apr 18, 2021
Lol. Nah only club wey dey struggle to qualify for CL go join this nonsense undecided
Re: UEFA Releases Statement About Breakaway European Super League by gboyegazike1: 9:35pm On Apr 18, 2021
The way we are going financially is that even the money that will be coming in from the Champions League will not be enough for some clubs because they spend too much money. The income is basically owned by Uefa and they distribute the money to the clubs.
Re: UEFA Releases Statement About Breakaway European Super League by Emmexguy123: 10:04pm On Apr 18, 2021
The truth is that both FIFA,,,UEFA,,FA and super league clubs are not thinking right..

Imagine if FIFA ban Man utd,,Chelsea,,Arsenal,,Liverpool players from England national team because they participated in the said super league competition,,tell me how many zeros the will receive from ordinary teams like Tanzania or Burundi national team?
By then FIFA,,FA,,UEFA and other football associations will certainly be in crisis which may lead to reconsideration because their stands to ban players will affect many countries national team that participated in the super league competition.
I think they should rather think of something more meaningful to do..

1 Like

Re: UEFA Releases Statement About Breakaway European Super League by blowjohn(m): 10:32pm On Apr 18, 2021
I hope messi is not behind this.
In his quest to win easy trophies.

1 Like

Re: UEFA Releases Statement About Breakaway European Super League by Nobody: 11:39pm On Apr 18, 2021
FIFA WORLD CUP IS ABOUT TO BE DESTROYED MARK MY WORD.
Re: UEFA Releases Statement About Breakaway European Super League by Asiri1991: 11:53pm On Apr 18, 2021
The proposed new champions league rules that transfer all the money made from the league to UEFA is the cause. The present leadership of UEFA is greedy. How can you take away everything, including ticket selling, from the team knowing that most of the big names generate half of their revenue through tickets? It's pure greed. No wonder English teams are the majority in the seccession plans. The English fans buy half of the total champions league tickets. UEFA should give up the proposed Swiss model for champions league and allow us enjoy football in peace.

1 Like

Re: UEFA Releases Statement About Breakaway European Super League by Walkee: 12:59am On Apr 19, 2021
Starcrest1:
It's not by creating new league. It's about who's gonna watch them. Some people be trying hard to self destruct.
you think people won't watch Real Madrid vs Juventus or Liverpool vs Barcelona because Newcastle is playing champions league final vs Eibar?

1 Like

Re: UEFA Releases Statement About Breakaway European Super League by Walkee: 1:02am On Apr 19, 2021
Petersamuel8:
This people want to ruin football for us, which one come be super league? we still like our champions league abeg
but it's not generating any good money to run big clubs and players are asking for more and more money
Re: UEFA Releases Statement About Breakaway European Super League by Igbojihadist: 4:36am On Apr 19, 2021
this will give more talents opportunity
Re: UEFA Releases Statement About Breakaway European Super League by Matheusmartin: 6:03am On Apr 19, 2021
charlesucheh:
So, they want to bypass their oga patapata. -- FIFA, and make football more complicated than it already is ahbi.

Whi are these unscrupulous elements proposing this rubbish sef??

FIFA has kukuma spoken. Any player wey wan end him career prematurely should try and see..
Na wetin?¿!
How many players fifa go ban??

And what is football without these players..
Re: UEFA Releases Statement About Breakaway European Super League by NairalandSARS: 6:04am On Apr 19, 2021
ransomed:
UEFA pockets most of the revenue and clubs are given stipend.
Create your own and share the revenue on agreed basis.
Just watching and waiting.
Definitely not true.
Most of the revenue is distributed to the participating clubs, and the rest kept for administrative costs.
Re: UEFA Releases Statement About Breakaway European Super League by onatisi(m): 6:14am On Apr 19, 2021
Matheusmartin:
How many players fifa go ban??

And what is football without these players..
I don't think FIFA or UEFA will ban anyone . Banning these big teams with big players will only kill the existing champions league because ppl watch these competitions because of these teams and their big players . They will negotiate,I believe the big teams are only making a statement and telling UEFA that if they don't change , they the big clubs have the ability and clout to stage their own competition
Re: UEFA Releases Statement About Breakaway European Super League by benqo01(m): 6:56am On Apr 19, 2021
I don't think creating European super league is a good way to go,if any club tries it do FIFA should do the needful and ban such club....
Re: UEFA Releases Statement About Breakaway European Super League by Mryacks: 8:02am On Apr 19, 2021
Tetehjewels:
Arsenal has joined the league of Agberos. So Arsenal in their quest to win a trophy by fire by force want to do so illegally through cessation? grin grin

This plan did not start today. The very big clubs have been toying with this idea for a quite sometime...it's about the rich getting richer and been ever more powerful than they already are not necessarily about trophies.

There is rightly so much backlash because when these set of teams breakaway because the UEFA champions league/ Europa league will loose its appeal and the money it brings in.
Re: UEFA Releases Statement About Breakaway European Super League by Nobody: 8:41am On Apr 19, 2021
Tetehjewels:
Arsenal has joined the league of Agberos. So Arsenal in their quest to win a trophy by fire by force want to do so illegally through cessation? grin grin
they still won’t win if they join this league. They will be the whipping boys of the league. They will turn into Sheffield United I’m this league.
Re: UEFA Releases Statement About Breakaway European Super League by jonsin(m): 10:31am On Apr 19, 2021
I saw this coming, no one is faultless here, both the big clubs and the regulatory bodies are all greedy conniving thieves. They only care about the money, increasing fixtures amid complains from clubs and players. This is a situation of two elephants fighting. The big clubs and uefa have not yet told us what the problem is, there is a secret squabble going on I believe, till then.
Re: UEFA Releases Statement About Breakaway European Super League by gaftsoil(m): 1:12pm On Apr 19, 2021
These clubs are selfish, I'm ashamed of Chelsea now
Re: UEFA Releases Statement About Breakaway European Super League by Godwin25king: 7:06pm On Apr 19, 2021
There's a reason for everything..
Re: UEFA Releases Statement About Breakaway European Super League by focus7: 9:20pm On Apr 19, 2021
Ipob behind European super League

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Fans At Paris Airport Waiting For Messi To Arrive (Videos & Pictures) / Tottenham Hotspur Vs Manchester United (0 - 1) On 13th January 2019 / Manchester United Vs Bournemouth (5 - 2) On 7th June 2020

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.