Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,581 members, 7,812,899 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 09:42 PM

Help Landlord Wants To Evict Me For 2months Rent! - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Help Landlord Wants To Evict Me For 2months Rent! (347 Views)

Urgent Help Needed To Evict Stubborn Tenant!!!!!!!! / My Landlord Wants To Evict Me Before My Rent Expires / My Landlord Wants Me To Pay A Debt I Didn't Accrue (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help Landlord Wants To Evict Me For 2months Rent! by To3i(m): 8:58pm On Apr 18, 2021
Help landlord wants to evict me for 2months rent!

I moved to this house 4yrs ago
My rents expires on the 31st of January
We dont know our landlord only the caretaker
I once tried to pay for 2 years but the caretaker refused, i tried to pay before the due dates but the caretaker always refuses until the rent is due on February 1st.
I work abroad, so when covid hit it stopped my finances
On the day my rent was due feb 1st 2021 the caretaker called to ask for the rent and i told him to give me awhile to gather it and he was like im always owing rent
I immediately replied him that who ones rent?
People in the compound ddnt pay till may due to covid but i paid in feb
Meanwhile in 2018 i paid on march 15
2019 i paid march 5
2020 i paid feb 23
After all the back and forth i told him to give me till 2nd week of may that i was going to add 50% as late payment fee
My initial rent is 200k so i will add and extra 100k as interest making 300k
Then he said he will speak to the landlord and get back to me then later called and said ok

Only for me to get a text tonight to that the landlord asked him not to take payment from me that i should find another house.
I like to believe the caretaker never told him about the 100k interest so he could pocket it.
Anyway what can i do?
As it is i am only 2months late on my rents
Re: Help Landlord Wants To Evict Me For 2months Rent! by twinskenny(m): 9:02pm On Apr 18, 2021
To3i:
Help landlord wants to evict me for 2months rent!

I moved to this house 4yrs ago
My rents expires on the 31st of January
We dont know our landlord only the caretaker
I once tried to pay for 2 years but the caretaker refused, i tried to pay before the due dates but the caretaker always refuses until the rent is due on February 1st.
I work abroad, so when covid hit it stopped my finances
On the day my rent was due feb 1st 2021 the caretaker called to ask for the rent and i told him to give me awhile to gather it and he was like im always owing rent
I immediately replied him that who ones rent?
People in the compound ddnt pay till may due to covid but i paid in feb
Meanwhile in 2018 i paid on march 15
2019 i paid march 5
2020 i paid feb 23
After all the back and forth i told him to give me till 2nd week of may that i was going to add 50% as late payment fee
My initial rent is 200k so i will add and extra 100k as interest making 300k
Then he said he will speak to the landlord and get back to me then later called and said ok

Only for me to get a text tonight to that the landlord asked him not to take payment from me that i should find another house.
I like to believe the caretaker never told him about the 100k interest so he could pocket it.
Anyway what can i do?
As it is i am only 2months late on my rents

i think you should find a way to meet the landlord
Re: Help Landlord Wants To Evict Me For 2months Rent! by harmargedon: 9:04pm On Apr 18, 2021
he has to give to six months notice, even if he doesn't want you to stay in his house again. but I doubt it's the landlord that said so.

1 Like

Re: Help Landlord Wants To Evict Me For 2months Rent! by To3i(m): 9:06pm On Apr 18, 2021
twinskenny:

i think you should find a way to meet the landlord

The caretaker doesn’t want to give him contact details, im just confused here, not like ive ever owed before or that i am owing up to 6 months rent
Re: Help Landlord Wants To Evict Me For 2months Rent! by Olamotad: 9:08pm On Apr 18, 2021
That interest thing u brought in most have lead to this. U shouldn't have. May be just tell that when u pay u will give him something for appreciation and understanding tru out d delay in payment. He could be doing this to get more interest money from u.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Help Landlord Wants To Evict Me For 2months Rent! by To3i(m): 9:11pm On Apr 18, 2021
Olamotad:
That interest thing u brought in most have lead to this. U shouldn't have. May be just tell that when u pay u will give him something for appreciation and understanding tru out d delay in payment. He could be doing this to get more interest money from u.

I ddnt know na, i did it to put their mind at ease
It just weak me
Re: Help Landlord Wants To Evict Me For 2months Rent! by doggedfighter(f): 10:09pm On Apr 18, 2021
Can't you get somewhere else instead of dashing someone 100k?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help Landlord Wants To Evict Me For 2months Rent! by To3i(m): 10:41pm On Apr 18, 2021
doggedfighter:
Can't you get somewhere else instead of dashing someone 100k?

There’s no hope of the money else till like early may, i am the one sponsoring everyone around me and due to the pandemic my savings has dried up.
Re: Help Landlord Wants To Evict Me For 2months Rent! by To3i(m): 11:52am On Apr 19, 2021
Is there anything else i can do?
Re: Help Landlord Wants To Evict Me For 2months Rent! by To3i(m): 3:51pm On Apr 19, 2021
Also when does the 6 months start to count
Is it February 1st when the rent expired, yesterday when i got the text or the day the written quit notice is served?

(1) (Reply)

Toyota Yaris 2008 / Ogombo Property Sale / Hotel For Sale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.