Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,304 members, 7,819,037 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:21 AM

Wike Defends Obaseki’s ₦60 Billion Printing Claim - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Wike Defends Obaseki’s ₦60 Billion Printing Claim (19976 Views)

Serving Governor Withdrew ₦60 Billion Cash In Six Years ― EFCC / Obaseki: "FG Printed 60 Billion Naira For States To Share" / Nigeria To Disconnect Niger, Benin Over ₦2.60 Billion Electricity Debt (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Wike Defends Obaseki’s ₦60 Billion Printing Claim by mustykenzy(m): 5:35am On Apr 19, 2021
They should just print and give everyone his/her share. Shikena�

1 Like

Re: Wike Defends Obaseki’s ₦60 Billion Printing Claim by sentix(m): 5:36am On Apr 19, 2021
if you are an educated nigerian

then I weep for this country

don't talk about what you don't know, picture of governors carrying money ���

Ngasky:
Who is responsible for printing money?
Secondly, did they share the printed cash at the federal executive meeting where all the governors and ministers are present?
No single camera pic of the governors carrying sacks of printed money away from Aso rock venue?
I wish we have educated literates but unfortunately what we are having are educated illiterates roaming the streets with degree paper.
Printing money is always on regular basis to replace the mutilated ones, and nowadays more transactions were electronically based not cash based. So the issue of printing for sharing does not arise. Or can someone tell me a single state in Nigeria that is paying salary or state contractors with physical cash?
Sharing money from reserves is a normal tradition. In fact that is the main reason for creating those special accounts. To save for rainy days. Of what essence is the account if not to share when the state revenues goes down?
All the big taxes from companies are paid once in a year. As such that particular month the company paid. And will not pay again till next year. As such the government has to save the excess amount pending the months with lower revenue. So what is the deal here?

4 Likes

Re: Wike Defends Obaseki’s ₦60 Billion Printing Claim by Masterito(m): 5:38am On Apr 19, 2021
PDP mismanagement is far better than APC management.
Funkeshuga:
if not for your useless PDP party mismanagement and corruption, we wouldn't have end up with this global calamity that see himself as Messiah of some majority of idiots voters in this country

make thunder no finished those goats that elect and reelected this cow in asorock

2 Likes

Re: Wike Defends Obaseki’s ₦60 Billion Printing Claim by Nobody: 5:48am On Apr 19, 2021
Ngasky:
Secondly, did they share the printed cash at the federal executive meeting where all the governors and ministers are present?
No single camera pic of the governors carrying sacks of printed money away from Aso rock venue?
I wish we have educated literates but unfortunately what we are having are educated illiterates roaming the streets with degree paper.
Printing money is always on regular basis to replace the mutilated ones, and nowadays more transactions were electronically based not cash based. So the issue of printing for sharing does not arise. Or can someone tell me a single state in Nigeria that is paying salary or state contractors with physical cash?
Sharing money from reserves is a normal tradition. In fact that is the main reason for creating those special accounts. To save for rainy days. Of what essence is the account if not to share when the state revenues goes down?
All the big taxes from companies are paid once in a year. As such that particular month the company paid. And will not pay again till next year. As such the government has to save the excess amount pending the months with lower revenue. So what is the deal here?

For you to think printing money means literally physical cash to the tune of N60bn on FAAC table shows you might be the illiterate you called people.

2 Likes

Re: Wike Defends Obaseki’s ₦60 Billion Printing Claim by Kindledlight(m): 5:49am On Apr 19, 2021
naijanaso:

But he challenged the CBN to say otherwise...
He must consulted Obaseki to find out for himself before coming to air.
I personally don't think that Obaseki who is a sitting governor would make such a heavy statement if there's no truth in it.

Let say it is true CBN actually printed the money as reported.

Are the governors not the ones that was given the money to augment their FAAC.

The question is what are they (governors) doing with this and many bailout funds they have been collecting and what are they doing to improve their states economy
Re: Wike Defends Obaseki’s ₦60 Billion Printing Claim by AllenSpencer: 5:53am On Apr 19, 2021
Jerryherd:
So because Obaseki was once in APC and he knows them then he is right.... Wike's logic here is flawed

Wike has never been brilliant since his days in RSUST Nkpolu Port Harcourt.

How he became a governor still amazes Earth.

Wike can't even manage a kiosk successful, how much more a State.

If not for gang violence and thuggery in Rivers, Wike can never come close to being a Local Government Chairman

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Wike Defends Obaseki’s ₦60 Billion Printing Claim by Zetty177x: 5:55am On Apr 19, 2021
Sunnycliff:
APC is the worst government ever. Increased taxation, stamp duty, atm charges, recovered loots, repatriated foreign loots, yet we are printing out currencies... Buhari and his team no get sense.

No single sense

1 Like

Re: Wike Defends Obaseki’s ₦60 Billion Printing Claim by AustineCJ: 5:56am On Apr 19, 2021
I still wonder how people argue this news..... honestly we all know this APC government can do anything negative at all. Like what on earth have they not done since 2015 they took power ? This guys are shameless ....so they did it.

1 Like

Re: Wike Defends Obaseki’s ₦60 Billion Printing Claim by Invitationn: 5:56am On Apr 19, 2021
Tigaromil:
Pdp will use this one for campaign.
It'll be really dumb.
I mean, joke will be on them.
I have noticed how politicians create and twist narratives to confuse ill-informed Nigerians.
They know certain people will see through the narrative and will never take them seriously but, politics is a game of numbers; it's about what the majority believes.
That's why the cheapest propaganda still flies in Nigeria.
Too many uneducated people...even the educated ones don't know how things work and are too lazy to find out.

1 Like

Re: Wike Defends Obaseki’s ₦60 Billion Printing Claim by Zetty177x: 5:59am On Apr 19, 2021
sentix:
if you are an educated nigerian

then I weep for this country

don't talk about what you don't know, picture of governors carrying money ���

He probably wanted to see the cash on the table being passed around and dragged in Ghana-must -go bags....before he can believe...the guy is the illiterate he called others

2 Likes

Re: Wike Defends Obaseki’s ₦60 Billion Printing Claim by Funkeshuga(m): 6:14am On Apr 19, 2021
Masterito:
PDP mismanagement is far better than APC management.

stop your foolish comparison, who care about PDP and APC, foolish citizens

with your Likes, I just want this country to split. enough of having majority of stupid voters

nonsense

2 Likes

Re: Wike Defends Obaseki’s ₦60 Billion Printing Claim by poeticsoldier(m): 6:16am On Apr 19, 2021
punisha:
Let's be honest, obaseki saying this or not, doesn't change the fact that APC is capable of doing anything morally wrong.

If it is wrong, evil, vile just know APC did it!
'Morally wrong' I like that terminology.
Re: Wike Defends Obaseki’s ₦60 Billion Printing Claim by viralinfo: 6:22am On Apr 19, 2021
Just as obaseki said we are running a very strange economic,printing of money or borrowing is not a problem.the problem here are what are their plan to pay back the loan is it they are planning to print to repay loan, secondly why are they printing if they don't have good a system of recovering the money back through tax and other ways....this are the question obaseki raise..don't borrow or print if you don't know a good system to service loan or rather recall the print money back from the economic simple
Re: Wike Defends Obaseki’s ₦60 Billion Printing Claim by gtrust: 6:25am On Apr 19, 2021
Quantitative easing!!!

USA and many others used the policy.
Don’t see why CBN is denying it.
Re: Wike Defends Obaseki’s ₦60 Billion Printing Claim by naijanaso: 6:25am On Apr 19, 2021
Kindledlight:

Let say it is true CBN actually printed the money as reported.

Are the governors not the ones that was given the money to augment their FAAC.

The question is what are they (governors) doing with this and many bailout funds they have been collecting and what are they doing to improve their states economy

No one is defending the governors for their recklessness but the rottenness starts from the head.
You know that the citizens have been complaining of bad governance for long, but for the governor to complain, it means we are in for a long thing bro. It means Agbada don hook fence oh.
Re: Wike Defends Obaseki’s ₦60 Billion Printing Claim by Cnach: 6:29am On Apr 19, 2021
Tigaromil:
Pdp will use this one for campaign.
are u serious? so in your small mind pdp or any other political party will be looking for facts to use during their campaign in a country ruled by A PC? even a toddler will flaw them nah, no be apc again?
Re: Wike Defends Obaseki’s ₦60 Billion Printing Claim by Cnach: 6:36am On Apr 19, 2021
Invitationn:

It'll be really dumb.
I mean, joke will be on them.
I have noticed how politicians create and twist narratives to confuse ill-informed Nigerians.
They know certain people will see through the narrative and will never take them seriously but, politics is a game of numbers; it's about what the majority believes.
That's why the cheapest propaganda still flies in Nigeria.
Too many uneducated people...even the educated ones don't know how things work and are too lazy to find out.
so u are educated and you hv got no concern over the countries economy but the campaign and election coming up next two years?
sometimes l begin to see meaning in rude boys talks of calling apc supporters zombies, nawa o.
Any way, even herdsmen were educated on how to carter for their cows..so...rubbishes
Re: Wike Defends Obaseki’s ₦60 Billion Printing Claim by mannasseh(m): 6:40am On Apr 19, 2021
why didn't the Governors Reject the money

1 Like

Re: Wike Defends Obaseki’s ₦60 Billion Printing Claim by Chukwuka16: 6:45am On Apr 19, 2021
And I'm in the same country with someone who reasons like this?
There is no compulsion to comment on every issue. Sometimes it's better to read and pass.
How do you reason? What's your thought process like? What forms the core of your mental decision process and what's your general world view like?
Can you read what you've written, this time slowly and with intent? Do you notice any anomalies?
I've saved this for posterity and will revisit in one of my future rantings.
To be a Nigerian is a JOB!
Ngasky:
Re: Wike Defends Obaseki’s ₦60 Billion Printing Claim by Premiumwriter: 6:54am On Apr 19, 2021
Ngasky:

How person go enter school come still de dumb like this sha?

To reply just de look like waste of effort. I mean after 16 years of schooling and you can still reason like this?

1 Like

Re: Wike Defends Obaseki’s ₦60 Billion Printing Claim by Premiumwriter: 6:55am On Apr 19, 2021
Chukwuka16:
And I'm in the same country with someone who reasons like this?
There is no compulsion to comment on every issue. Sometimes it's better to read and pass.
How do you reason? What's your thought process like? What forms the core of your mental decision process and what's your general world view like?
Can you read what you've written, this time slowly and with intent? Do you notice any anomalies?
I've saved this for posterity and will revisit in one of my future rantings.
To be a Nigerian is a JOB!
I weak as I read am too o

16 years of schooling and man is still as dumb as brick
Re: Wike Defends Obaseki’s ₦60 Billion Printing Claim by Premiumwriter: 6:58am On Apr 19, 2021
mannasseh:
why didn't the Governors Reject the money
so they will run the state out of their private pocket?
Re: Wike Defends Obaseki’s ₦60 Billion Printing Claim by INTEGRITYA1(m): 7:05am On Apr 19, 2021
CBN have answered us in style.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Wike Defends Obaseki’s ₦60 Billion Printing Claim by chiTT(m): 7:09am On Apr 19, 2021
punisha:
Let's be honest, obaseki saying this or not, doesn't change the fact that APC is capable of doing anything morally wrong.

If it is wrong, evil, vile just know APC did it!

how is printing money morally wrong?
every country does it
Re: Wike Defends Obaseki’s ₦60 Billion Printing Claim by DivineDynamics: 7:11am On Apr 19, 2021
Let us live our lives in line with the teaching of the Lord Jesus Christ.
Re: Wike Defends Obaseki’s ₦60 Billion Printing Claim by chiTT(m): 7:11am On Apr 19, 2021
Ngasky:

you don't seem to know much
money printing does not mean 'physical money printing' it mostly happens with a click of a button. 60bn was digitally created out of thin air and credited to the state accounts

1 Like

Re: Wike Defends Obaseki’s ₦60 Billion Printing Claim by chiTT(m): 7:12am On Apr 19, 2021
KenModi:

By the time inflation finishes with Nigeria, you would curse anyone who ever dares mention Buhari or Emefiele.

that's what money printing is, he's just confusing the illiterate ones
Re: Wike Defends Obaseki’s ₦60 Billion Printing Claim by eldeens: 7:17am On Apr 19, 2021
There is nothing wrong in Government printing money to sustain it economy, so many powerful countries does that, but if you are an illiterate and dumb that's how you will mixed up things, thinking you are dragging someone to the mud.

Most people thought that CBN printed hard copies of monies to the tune of N60b for the states to share, but the fact here is, CBN only credit the accounts of those in question. If you know you know and if you don't know now you know and stop making fool of yourself or showing yourself off that you are an illiterate.
Re: Wike Defends Obaseki’s ₦60 Billion Printing Claim by Nobody: 7:32am On Apr 19, 2021
Bellotelli:
Let the govt print more money pls... I could use some.
Yes you could use some more inflation. That's the long term effect so buckle up!
Re: Wike Defends Obaseki’s ₦60 Billion Printing Claim by AroleOduduwa2: 7:33am On Apr 19, 2021
Ngasky:

Stop trying to sound intelligent, because you’re not. When currency are printed against nothing the value of the currency then becomes less.

If this practice doesn’t stop Naira will become even more useless.

1 Like

Re: Wike Defends Obaseki’s ₦60 Billion Printing Claim by Nobody: 7:34am On Apr 19, 2021
eldeens:
There is nothing wrong in Government printing money to sustain it economy, so many powerful countries does that, but if you are an illiterate and dumb that's how you will mixed up things, thinking you are dragging someone to the mud.

Most people thought that CBN printed hard copies of monies to the tune of N60b for the states to share, but the fact here is, CBN only credit the accounts of those in question. If you know you know and if you don't know now you know and stop making fool of yourself or showing yourself off that you are an illiterate.
There is everything wrong with the government printing money and No! Many governments don't do it, it's mostly poor countries with dumb leaders who do it. If Nigeria keeps doing this we'll end up like Zimbabwe.
Re: Wike Defends Obaseki’s ₦60 Billion Printing Claim by Nobody: 7:37am On Apr 19, 2021
naijanaso:

But he challenged the CBN to say otherwise...
He must have consulted Obaseki to find out for himself before coming to air.
I personally don't think that Obaseki who is a sitting governor would make such a heavy statement if there's no truth in it.
obaseki is not a man that talks anyhow,

He is not a slave that can't say truth to the face

He is not a career politician, he still has supreme Court to cross, he only says what is true about fg

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

100 Days From Today: What Nigerians Expect From Buhari / Lai Mohammed Is Torn Between Serving Buhari And Tinubu-PDP Blasts / Court Blasts EFCC, Orders Immediate Release Of Dasuki’s Ex-aide

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.