Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,063 members, 7,825,368 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 12:39 PM

Bashir Ahmad, Who Wants Nigerians Executed For Blasphemy, Stands With Pantami - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Bashir Ahmad, Who Wants Nigerians Executed For Blasphemy, Stands With Pantami (247 Views)

Bashir Ahmad Reacts To List Of Terrorists Funders / Buhari Reappoints Media Aide Bashir Ahmad Who Lost APC Reps Primary / My Faith Teaches Me To Forgive: Fani-kayode Reacts To Viral Picture With Pantami (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Bashir Ahmad, Who Wants Nigerians Executed For Blasphemy, Stands With Pantami by Racoon(m): 9:52am On Apr 19, 2021
-Mr Ahmad has never shied away from fundamental extremism. In 2015, he openly called for the execution of Kano nine for blasphemy.

Bashir Ahmad, an assistant to the President on New Media, has made known his support for Minister of Information and the Digital Economy, Isa Pantami over extremist opinions.

His posturing for Mr Pantami to retain his position as Minister was made before the minister purportedly apologised and renounced his pro-terrorism views.

Mr Ahmad, via his handle, tweeted a photoset of quotes from Mr Pantami in solidarity with the communications minister who has been in the eye of the storm for the extremist Islamic views he expressed in his past sermons as a preacher.

Mr Ahmad himself has never shied away from fundamental extremism. In 2015, he openly supported the passing of death sentences on nine people for alleged blasphemy.

The accused were said to have described Sheikh Ibrahim Niasse, the Senegalese founder of the Tijaniyya sect, as being greater than Prophet Mohammed.

While enraged Nigerians campaigned for the discharge of the nine convicts with the hashtag #SaveKanoNine, Mr Ahmad tweeted, “I can’t pretend or keep silent. I support the death penalty for blasphemy. That’s my belief and I do not and will never support #SaveKanoNine.”

Mr Pantami has faced backlash and calls for his resignation after videos and audio clips of some of his lectures made in the 2000s surfaced on social media.

In these videos, Mr Pantami is seen and heard being sympathetic to the causes of extremist groups like Al-Qaeda and Taliban and actively makes a case for them.

The minister however told Peoples Gazette that he neither supports terrorism nor harbours hatred towards people of other religions, pointing that his personal driver and other aides are practicing Christians.

https://www.gazettengr.com/bashir-ahmad-who-wants-nigerians-executed-for-blasphemy-stands-with-minister-pantami/?utm_source=ReviveOldPost&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=ReviveOldPost Lalasticlala OAM4J

Re: Bashir Ahmad, Who Wants Nigerians Executed For Blasphemy, Stands With Pantami by Arewa1stSon: 9:53am On Apr 19, 2021
Ok
Re: Bashir Ahmad, Who Wants Nigerians Executed For Blasphemy, Stands With Pantami by Racoon(m): 10:01am On Apr 19, 2021
Terrorists and their supporters have long been known but gullible people said a well known NEPA-bill certificate illiterate terrorist is the best thing after slice bread?
Re: Bashir Ahmad, Who Wants Nigerians Executed For Blasphemy, Stands With Pantami by SarkinYarki: 10:02am On Apr 19, 2021
The sooner we realise we handed power to a wing of Alqeada in 2015 the better for all of us

2 Likes

Re: Bashir Ahmad, Who Wants Nigerians Executed For Blasphemy, Stands With Pantami by Nobody: 10:04am On Apr 19, 2021
Arrrrrrrh

God !!!
Islam ! Islam ! Islam !
Please remove the word from the world, this world will know peace till the end of its.

There is no use of education to some Muslims if their mind set won't be alter toward moral things other than their religious point of view.

An educated person like Pantami is no different from an illiterate almagiri boy roaming the street because thier idealogy is one - kill all unbelievers !!! undecided undecided
Re: Bashir Ahmad, Who Wants Nigerians Executed For Blasphemy, Stands With Pantami by MansoryMX(m): 10:06am On Apr 19, 2021
My south south people who are still calling for One Nigeria despite living in abject poverty na I sorry for pass!

(1) (Reply)

Zamfara Spends N2.9bn On Ramadan Welfare –commissioner / FG Retirees Not Paid Pensions Since March 2020 – Pencom / CAN President, Wike, MSSN, Others Differ Over Pantami

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.